PDA

View Full Version : Holmgren 4 Chiefs = Wins

slc chief
11-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Lets Say Herm And Carl Make It Through The 09 Season.wich I Hope They Do Not. Come The 2010 Season Mike Holmgren Could Be A Leading Candidate For The Gm Position Or Head Coach.the Guys Resume Speaks For Itself. He Is An Awesome Coach And Could Bring Us A Lot Of Wins Back To The Great Franchise Known As The Chiefs.he Has Already Said He Will Take The 09 Season Off But Might Come Back In The 2010 Season.i Just Do Not Know If I Could Put Up With These Two Clowns We Have Right Now For That Long

texaschief
11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
We could do better than Holmgren. Barf.

slc chief
11-29-2008, 05:18 PM
no we couldnt he is a hall of fame coach. besides this year he usually always put a winning team on the field. and the guy is awesome at developing franchise qbs
his winning percentage as a coach is as good pr if not better than bellichecks

slc chief
11-29-2008, 05:27 PM

he is 13 -3 since 92 13 winning seasons to 3 losing seasons with packers and seahawks 3 superbowl appearances and numerous division championships i would take that in a heartbeat

texaschief
11-29-2008, 05:37 PM
he is 13 -3 since 92 13 winning seasons to 3 losing seasons with packers and seahawks 3 superbowl appearances and numerous division championships i would take that in a heartbeat

I'd take an average team in a horrible division too. But typically, the AFC West is usually one of, if not THE toughest division in football. I'd love to compete against the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals year in and year out.

slc chief
11-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I'd take an average team in a horrible division too. But typically, the AFC West is usually one of, if not THE toughest division in football. I'd love to compete against the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals year in and year out.

half of the stats are from the nfc north witch back in those days was tough as well. we will have to agree to disagree on this one i do not think his resume lies his winning percentage is throgh the roof he knows how to win in the nfl period

texaschief
11-29-2008, 05:46 PM
the Bears, Vikings and Lions weren't exactly juggernauts when Holmgren was with the Packers. Be honest now.

nigeriannightmare
11-29-2008, 05:47 PM

He's better than Herm and he has rebuilt teams unlike the present coach. He has tasted a superbowl championship, been there with two different teams.

slc chief
11-29-2008, 05:52 PM
the Bears, Vikings and Lions weren't exactly juggernauts when Holmgren was with the Packers. Be honest now.

i am being honest the vikings were good the lions had barry sanders the bears always had a tough defense. the point regardless of the division is he knows how to win and he knows how to win in the playoffs. against any opponents and the most important part is he knows how to build a team from the ground up

Chiefster
11-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't mind Bill Cowher.

slc chief
11-29-2008, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't mind Bill Cowher.

its not going to happen though somehow these coaches will stick for another year unfortanantly.thus cowher will haved already moved on

chief31
11-29-2008, 06:42 PM

I don't know how you do it. You have spent alot of time backing Herm Edwards. And bashing Super Bowl champions Holmgren, Vermiel and Cowher.

You have guts. I will grant you that.:D

IlovetheChiefs
11-29-2008, 07:42 PM
I've always regarded Holmgren as a good coach. But with the season the Seahags are having is it possibly indicative that he's starting to be getting out of his prime (if you'll grant that coaches can have a shelf life of performance too). Reason I say, you look at some other coaches who had success like Joe Gibbs and Bill Parcells and then didn't achieve as much in their latest stints. In Gibbs' case a lot of people were saying the game is changed too much from his 80's days and that's why he wasn't as effective this time.

Holmgren doesn't go back as far so that wouldn't be as much a factor. Maybe Holmgen also reminds me too much of Andy Reid with his big size, and Reid is one coach a lot of Philly fans think has tried long enough to get a ring (whereas Holmgren did get one at least, as well as making 2 more I think).

Darth CarlSatan
11-29-2008, 09:12 PM

Well, you pretty much covered the bases. I guess the only thing I can add is:

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jap1
12-01-2008, 01:44 AM
One plus for holmgren is that he is great at developing QBs. Thig (or whomever is still standing on two legs by the 2010 season) may progress well under him.
But, it is waaaayyy too early for me to pay attention to what might happen in two years. I dont want to have to hold my breath until 2010 and THEN start building towards contention.

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 01:59 AM
One plus for holmgren is that he is great at developing QBs. Thig (or whomever is still standing on two legs by the 2010 season) may progress well under him.
But, it is waaaayyy too early for me to pay attention to what might happen in two years. I dont want to have to hold my breath until 2010 and THEN start building towards contention.

Good point. I hate you.( just kidding )

Another thing to consider is that Holmgren ALSO had some pretty major defense under his command back in the day.
Who knows? Everything is so uncertain and up in the air in the NFL these days...

Bike
12-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Holmgren has guided seattle to an astounding 2-10 record this season. No thanks.

m0ef0e
12-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Holmgren has guided seattle to an astounding 2-10 record this season. No thanks.

Yeah, but he's won six consecutive division titles up until this year (I'm pretty sure it's six, anyway).

They have been plagued by injuries and everybody knows that Holmgren is on his way out. This entire season has felt like the beginning of change in Seattle and change is often ugly in the NFL to start with...

I'm not saying the guy is the greatest coach ever but anybody who wouldn't take Holmgren over Herm is just crazy, IMO.

Bike
12-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, but he's won six consecutive division titles up until this year (I'm pretty sure it's six, anyway).

They have been plagued by injuries and everybody knows that Holmgren is on his way out. This entire season has felt like the beginning of change in Seattle and change is often ugly in the NFL to start with...

I'm not saying the guy is the greatest coach ever but anybody who wouldn't take Holmgren over Herm is just crazy, IMO.
I just feel we need to move forward and upward. To me Holmgren is more of a lateral move. Maybe the gm/coach thing is wearing on him. 2-10 is 2-10, injuries or not. Its his team, his responsibility. But maybe a change of scenery would do him good. Bring him in as gm maybe. Maybe he can lure Cowher to KC!! But probably won't happen until 2010.

m0ef0e
12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I just feel we need to move forward and upward. To me Holmgren is more of a lateral move. Maybe the gm/coach thing is wearing on him. 2-10 is 2-10, injuries or not. Its his team, his responsibility. But maybe a change of scenery would do him good. Bring him in as gm maybe. Maybe he can lure Cowher to KC!! But probably won't happen until 2010.

Nope. Probably won't happen anyway. Just a hunch, but I don't think Holgren would really be jumping at an opportunity to come here, anyway.

Bike
12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Nope. Probably won't happen anyway. Just a hunch, but I don't think Holgren would really be jumping at an opportunity to come here, anyway.
Anything is a step up from Carl and Herm. I wish Clark would make it happen at the end of this year. But seriously, he aint got the nads to release them from their contracts and REALLY start the rebuilding process the way it shoulda been done 3 years ago...

jmlamerson
12-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Lets Say Herm And Carl Make It Through The 09 Season.wich I Hope They Do Not. Come The 2010 Season Mike Holmgren Could Be A Leading Candidate For The Gm Position Or Head Coach.the Guys Resume Speaks For Itself. He Is An Awesome Coach And Could Bring Us A Lot Of Wins Back To The Great Franchise Known As The Chiefs.he Has Already Said He Will Take The 09 Season Off But Might Come Back In The 2010 Season.i Just Do Not Know If I Could Put Up With These Two Clowns We Have Right Now For That Long

Holmgren is a great coach, but not such a great GM. Right now, there is very little good, young talent on the Seahawks right now, except Lofa Tatupu (and even he's looking terrible this year). Their offense and defense are both wrecked, and their franchise QB is getting long in the tooth. Like Larry Brown in the NBA, he can push a good veteran team over the hump, but he can't work with young players.

And since he's not coming to KC without GM power (or probably even with it), he's not the right guy for this team.

We need someone young (or at least not a retread) in the front office and on the sidelines, if for no other reason than to signal a change in the direction of the franchise.

PawnshopMarimba
12-01-2008, 04:48 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/eb8q61.jpg

*ahem*

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/12/1.jpg

*ahem*

I think The Dream is all but dead.

PawnshopMarimba
12-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah, yeah, I know. Never hurts to hope, though.

Bike
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
All I can say is Miami was 1-15 last year, brought in a new gm and coach and are 7-5 this year with a good shot at the playoffs. Why the hell can't we do that??

m0ef0e
12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
All I can say is Miami was 1-15 last year, brought in a new gm and coach and are 7-5 this year with a good shot at the playoffs. Why the hell can't we do that??

Bill Parcels isn't available and Cowher will probably wind up with the Browns if anybody.

slc chief
12-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Holmgren is a great coach, but not such a great GM. Right now, there is very little good, young talent on the Seahawks right now, except Lofa Tatupu (and even he's looking terrible this year). Their offense and defense are both wrecked, and their franchise QB is getting long in the tooth. Like Larry Brown in the NBA, he can push a good veteran team over the hump, but he can't work with young players.

And since he's not coming to KC without GM power (or probably even with it), he's not the right guy for this team.

We need someone young (or at least not a retread) in the front office and on the sidelines, if for no other reason than to signal a change in the direction of the franchise.

what the guy has made a career out of developing players ask brett favre three bad years out of how many with this year being the worse do not try to tell me the packers were a veteran team when he won the superbowl for them

jmlamerson
12-01-2008, 11:34 PM
what the guy has made a career out of developing players ask brett favre three bad years out of how many with this year being the worse do not try to tell me the packers were a veteran team when he won the superbowl for them

When the Packers won the SB, Holmgren was the coach and Ron Wolf was the GM. The team was a very effective mixture of vets and players in their prime (Favre was in his 6th season, I think). And you may want to rephrase. Holmgren was valuable in helping them win the SB, but he didn't "win the superbowl for them." Desmond Howard did that.