PDA

View Full Version : keep an eye on maurice leggett

slc chief
11-30-2008, 03:32 PM
i have a feeling this guy is going to turn into a good player for us.i think he played the best out of all of our defensive players last week.

jerhart
11-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow did you call that...nice pick 6!

slc chief
11-30-2008, 05:13 PM
yeah that was crazy i really do think he will be a good player for us

brish
11-30-2008, 05:42 PM
I agree.. he is a very exciting player.

He's already returned af fumble for a TD tonight, can't wait to see the actual game. Not just the gamecenter on nfl.com.

Bike
12-01-2008, 05:54 PM
i have a feeling this guy is going to turn into a good player for us.i think he played the best out of all of our defensive players last week.
How can I ever doubt you again?
Good call slc!!:bananen_smilies046:

slc chief
12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
How can I ever doubt you again?
Good call slc!!:bananen_smilies046:
thanks bud that was an awesome play truly a differance maker in that game

Three7s
12-02-2008, 03:54 AM
True, it was a difference maker, but I would give more credit to the Raiders being idiots than Leggett.

IlovetheChiefs
12-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Yeah I was listening to Mitch and Len during the game and I think Len called that fake field goal play "stupid" on Oakland's part.

It was a nice team effort of some good plays by our offense, defense, and special teams too. But we also were aided throughout the game by Oakland's inept plays, especially by JaMarcus Russell. He had so many terrible throws and only completed 10 of 28.

Edit: Oh, but yes that was a nice play by Leggett. And as soon as he ran that back for the td this thread by slc chief came to mind. Good job. :)

IlovetheChiefs
12-03-2008, 07:49 AM
And this news is icing on the cake!

-----
The National Football League informed the Chiefs on Tuesday that CB Maurice Leggett has been named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his efforts in Week 13 of the 2008 NFL regular season. This marks the first time Leggett has earned this distinction, becoming the second Chiefs defender to ever win this honor. S Bernard Pollard was the first Chiefs player to take home AFC Special Teams POW accolades in Week 17 of 2006 after blocking a punt and recovering it in the end zone for a TD in a 35-30 win vs. Jacksonville (12/31).

Leggett (5-11, 188) was a principle contributor in the Chiefs defeating AFC West rival Oakland 20-13 last Sunday (11/30). An undrafted rookie, Leggett contributed four special teams tackles in the contest with his biggest contribution occurring when he scooped up a fumble on a fake field goal attempt and raced for a 67-yard TD. The second-quarter play gave the Chiefs a 10-3 lead and proved to be a pivotal part of the Chiefs 20-13 victory in Oakland.

Leggett has appeared in 11 NFL contests (two starts) as a rookie for Kansas City, recording 29 tackles (26 solo) and three passes defensed. He has also added five kickoff returns for 103 yards (20.6 avg.) and five special teams stops. The McKeesport, Pennsylvania native was a three-year starter at NCAA Division II Valdosta State and prepped at Mt. Zion High School in Jonesboro, Georgia.
------

jerhart
12-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Wow did you call that...nice pick 6!

....Like I said last week. How'd you know all this?

...am I going to Pass all my finals? :D

Three7s
12-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Maybe we found someone interesting, pick 6 for Leggett!

jerhart
12-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Maybe we found someone interesting, pick 6 for Leggett!

2nd week in a row! :bananen_smilies046:

AkChief49
12-07-2008, 11:05 PM
now we need to clone him into a 6'2" 260lb. linebacker!!

Chiefster
12-07-2008, 11:36 PM
I like the kid! He gave me a glimpse of Chiefs defense that has long passed.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-08-2008, 01:16 AM
He looked like he wants to win.

thanks bud that was an awesome play truly a differance maker in that game
It would of been nicer if we would of won the game.

... Maurice Leggett has been named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week ...
:yahoo:

I like the kid! He gave me a glimpse of Chiefs defense that has long passed.
I remembered Derrick Thomas and the magic he played. It would be nice to have a player other than TG whose hard work shines like a beacon.