PDA

View Full Version : a win feels nice

slc chief
11-30-2008, 07:23 PM
i know it was against the gaiders but damn this win feels good way to go chiefs

IlovetheChiefs
11-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Yes it is sweeeeet! True, we were aided (the Aiders! heh!) by Jokeland's pathetic qb, receivers, and defense. But Thigpen, LJ, Charles, TG, DJ, Barth, and the injured Colquitt did a nice job. Our whole defense, while not getting sacks once again, did pretty good. Certainly nice that we stopped their running game this time!

And always great to beat our most hated rival! :)

Coach
11-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes it does. Wins against Denver ande Oakland make this season more tolerable.

tornadospotter
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
:fan_wave2: :fan_wave2:

WE WON A GAME!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:
WE WON A GAME!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:
BEST OF ALL, AGAINST THE rAIDERS!!!!!:yahoo: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :toast2:

IlovetheChiefs
11-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Denver's win eliminates us from the playoffs now. Heh, I know we weren't going to make the playoffs anyway. Just would have been nice to still be able to know that we were mathematically alive! Plus, it's always sweet when we win and all three rivals lose. And also, we go to Denver next week so that would have been neat knowing a win keeps us alive even into the week after that! But now we can still hope for 2 wins in a row, a sweep of the Donks, and helping create the possibility of the Donks winning this division without a winning record.

drstandley31
11-30-2008, 08:17 PM
So glad I don't have to start my week off with another loss. And even better to not start it off with a loss to the F'n raiders. We looked good enough to win, and they just look awful. So glad they drafted Russel. no pressure on him all day, and he still couldn't hit $hit. He blows, and will blow for years to come.

texaschief
11-30-2008, 08:34 PM
I love that the Raiders have no flexibility to fix this team. The Raiders are only $3.46 million under the cap with a 4-8 record. The Chiefs salary cap number has them $27.83 million under the cap.

The Raider's $24 million extra dollars have landed them with only two more wins than the Chiefs have and with a much, MUCH darker future with absolutely no way to rectify their problems with the aid of additional free agents.

While the Chiefs may be 2 wins worse than the Raiders, the Chiefs, just like the rest of the division have the sense to be able to climb out of the hole they get into when they get this bad. The Chargers spend a couple years in the basement, then become dominant. The Broncos do the same. The Chiefs are about to climb out of this hole. The Raiders on the other hand, are a gift to the rest of this division. As long as Al Davis runs that franchise, they're going to be a joke and good for at least one win for their division rivals EVERY YEAR.

I thank God every year that the Raiders and Al Davis are in our division. If only we had the Lions and Bengals in our division too!!

texaschief
11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
my bad... their money only gave them ONE more win than the Chiefs. Nice. :lol:

slc chief
11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I love that the Raiders have no flexibility to fix this team. The Raiders are only $3.46 million under the cap with a 4-8 record. The Chiefs salary cap number has them $27.83 million under the cap.

The Raider's $24 million extra dollars have landed them with only two more wins than the Chiefs have and with a much, MUCH darker future with absolutely no way to rectify their problems with the aid of additional free agents.

While the Chiefs may be 2 wins worse than the Raiders, the Chiefs, just like the rest of the division have the sense to be able to climb out of the hole they get into when they get this bad. The Chargers spend a couple years in the basement, then become dominant. The Broncos do the same. The Chiefs are about to climb out of this hole. The Raiders on the other hand, are a gift to the rest of this division. As long as Al Davis runs that franchise, they're going to be a joke and good for at least one win for their division rivals EVERY YEAR.

I thank God every year that the Raiders and Al Davis are in our division. If only we had the Lions and Bengals in our division too!!

i agree the raiders are only 3-9 and they have only one more win than us.i do not think i would want the lions and bengals in our division though their is a certain mystique in the afc west.it is probably that these three teams have been going at it forever

jerhart
11-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Maybe we could get a winning streak going here to finish the season. We all no Herms job is secure thru to next season. We will still get a fine draft pick, we dont need to pay a bust pick #1 salary. Could really benefit this young team finishing the season on a high note. Giving their confidence a boost going into next! Why not!?

GO CHIEFS!!!

texaschief
11-30-2008, 09:10 PM
i agree the raiders are only 3-9 and they have only one more win than us.i do not think i would want the lions and bengals in our division though their is a certain mystique in the afc west.it is probably that these three teams have been going at it forever

I was just saying, "historically," it would've been nice. I wouldn't change the division now. But it would've been cool to have the those awful teams in our division since the 60's or whatever. We'd still have the Raiders rivalry, but we would be easy division winners every year. lol

slc chief
11-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I was just saying, "historically," it would've been nice. I wouldn't change the division now. But it would've been cool to have the those awful teams in our division since the 60's or whatever. We'd still have the Raiders rivalry, but we would be easy division winners every year. lol

yeah that would be good

Three7s
11-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Sort of like the NFC West, right now. :lol:

Chiefs 4
11-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I'll be happy to draft lower for the satisfaction of beating the faiders. As for the coaching situation here---let's hope the San Diego State idea picks up steam. Let Herm go there to fight for an NCAA title. The sooner the Chiefs start fresh, the sooner they will be a winning team again. He's not the right guy for this job.

chief31
11-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Maybe we could get a winning streak going here to finish the season. We all no Herms job is secure thru to next season. We will still get a fine draft pick, we dont need to pay a bust pick #1 salary. Could really benefit this young team finishing the season on a high note. Giving their confidence a boost going into next! Why not!?

GO CHIEFS!!!
Agreed. It would be huge step for this team to know that they aren't losers.

The notion of being a bad football team that can't win is difficult to overcome. I would love to see these guys put that behind them before next season begins.

Chiefster
11-30-2008, 11:51 PM

Finally a little something to cheer about.

Sn@keIze
12-01-2008, 12:38 AM
This is like getting back up for air when drowning. I needed this..........bad. Tho with our record still drowning.

And as pointed out before, gainst two division rivals we got wins.

No matter what, we not gonna make the playoffs. But we still have the option to be saying next year that we finished the season strong. And we can finish strong.

We've proven we belong on the field with the Bolts and the Donks. And its not crazy to think we can beat the Dolphins and Bengals.

Three7s
12-01-2008, 01:49 AM
This is like getting back up for air when drowning. I needed this..........bad. Tho with our record still drowning.

And as pointed out before, gainst two division rivals we got wins.

No matter what, we not gonna make the playoffs. But we still have the option to be saying next year that we finished the season strong. And we can finish strong.

We've proven we belong on the field with the Bolts and the Donks. And its not crazy to think we can beat the Dolphins and Bengals.
I'm pretty sure we'll beat the Bengals, they've mailed it in. All the other games are iffy at best.

Bike
12-01-2008, 05:22 AM
I'm pretty sure we'll beat the Bengals, they've mailed it in. All the other games are iffy at best.
Thats how I see it. Without a D-line it'll be tough to even beat the Cincinatti Criminals at their place.
But we will...
And this is the 1st time this year (and the only time) that we play 2 consecutive road games. Hopefully our mo will follow us to denver. Hate donks.

IlovetheChiefs
12-01-2008, 06:36 AM
Yeah just maybe we'll take those despised Donks once again, considering also how unpredictable the Donks are this year. They get whipped by the Faders at home and then whip the Jets on the road. Go figure. Also, Denver has won 3 in a row on the road and lost 3 in a row at home!

And Tony Gonzales concurs with the title of this thread:

“Finally,” said Gonzalez, the Chiefs’ star tight end. “We’ll take it. You have no idea how good it feels to get a win. It’s been so long.”

jmlamerson
12-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Yeah, it was nice to get the win. I didn't think we'd get another this year.

Thigpen's now got a win. He's now better than Brodie Croyle in every way.

Our defense still needs a massive amount of work, but our CB situation may be solved between Flowers, Leggett, and Carr, although I want to see them all plying healthy against a real passing offense, not the JaMarcus Russells of the world.

m0ef0e
12-01-2008, 12:27 PM
That was some sweet payback if you ask me. All those fans in the black hole yesterday were re-introduced to the same feeling we experienced at the home opener-- the same feeling they've experienced playing the Chiefs at home six times in a row now... lol

Bike
12-01-2008, 12:37 PM
That was some sweet payback if you ask me. All those fans in the black hole yesterday were re-introduced to the same feeling we experienced at the home opener-- the same feeling they've experienced playing the Chiefs at home six times in a row now... lol
No doubt. Its always sweet to beat the faders. Already beat the donks. If we can toast the chargers I'll be somewhat gratified that we at least beat everybody in our division...
Good to see you back mOefOe!!!

m0ef0e
12-01-2008, 12:42 PM
No doubt. Its always sweet to beat the faders. Already beat the donks. If we can toast the chargers I'll be somewhat gratified that we at least beat everybody in our division...

Thanks, and yes, it would be real sweet to split with all the teams in the division this year. I think that would really give the players confidence in their ability to compete for a division title. Now, we just gotta figure out how to beat non-AFC West teams...

slc chief
12-01-2008, 10:24 PM

i sooooooo hope we get the chargers to

OTR Chiefs fan
12-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Yeah, it was nice to get the win. I didn't think we'd get another this year.

Thigpen's now got a win. He's now better than Brodie Croyle in every way.

Our defense still needs a massive amount of work, but our CB situation may be solved between Flowers, Leggett, and Carr, although I want to see them all plying healthy against a real passing offense, not the JaMarcus Russells of the world.

Yeah, I think our secondary has the potential to be really solid. Just need to work on the D-line and the LBs. It was great to get the win! I think we have a shot at the Donks next sunday, as long as we don't hurt ourselves with our own mistakes. :D

texaschief
12-02-2008, 03:42 AM
“I’ve got to assume if he had been in there all year we’d be top 10 (in offense),” tight end Tony Gonzalez said.

Maybe that’s the best sign of the Chiefs’ growing confidence in Thigpen. They’re playing the what-if game regarding Thigpen and the season’s first six games, when the Chiefs wandered aimlessly on offense as they couldn’t establish a quarterback.

“Hopefully it gives him confidence and gives us all confidence knowing that we can rally behind him and trust him in the clutch,” Gonzalez said. “He made some really good decisions today … knowing when to run the ball when the play breaks down and knowing when to check (away from) a run when the defense stacks the (line of scrimmage).

“It’s a process. He’s still got a ways to go. He can still get better. We can all get better. This offense can improve.”

Tony Gonzalez has been saying positive stuff like this about the team all year despite the record and his personal issues. It's comments like these from him that make me even more sure that he'll be back next year.

Also, it's comments like these from the All-Pro TE that makes me think that Thigpen is going to be the guy next year. If he keeps playing at this level, there's no way the Chiefs take a QB in the draft next year in the first few rounds. They might take one late to replace Huard or Croyle, but I think the Chiefs will be content to proceed with Thigpen as the QB for the foreseeable future. I think Gray has replaced Huard as the experienced vet backup on this team and if the Chiefs take a QB in the draft, he'll probably be replacing Croyle.

nigeriannightmare
12-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Tony Gonzalez has been saying positive stuff like this about the team all year despite the record and his personal issues. It's comments like these from him that make me even more sure that he'll be back next year.

Also, it's comments like these from the All-Pro TE that makes me think that Thigpen is going to be the guy next year. If he keeps playing at this level, there's no way the Chiefs take a QB in the draft next year in the first few rounds. They might take one late to replace Huard or Croyle, but I think the Chiefs will be content to proceed with Thigpen as the QB for the foreseeable future. I think Gray has replaced Huard as the experienced vet backup on this team and if the Chiefs take a QB in the draft, he'll probably be replacing Croyle.

The classier Tony acts, the harder he plays, the more value he will have in the off season. I want Tony here as much as the next guy, but if there is one athelete in the NFl that deserves a legitimate shot at a superbowl it's this guy.

texaschief
12-02-2008, 04:28 PM
The classier Tony acts, the harder he plays, the more value he will have in the off season. I want Tony here as much as the next guy, but if there is one athelete in the NFl that deserves a legitimate shot at a superbowl it's this guy.

No argument. I would love for the Chiefs to get a 2nd round pick for him. I just don't think it happens.