PDA

View Full Version : Texas got SCREWWED!...

Sn@keIze
12-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Hmmmm, lets see, what happens when you beat both the Sooners and the Tigers?

Answer?..... Anybody? ........

Sorry, times up.

You get to watch both teams play in the big 12 championship!

Bwaaahahaaahaa..........this is too comical!

m0ef0e
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
CFB needs a playoff. If not at a national level, then at a conference level. Then, give out all the bowl appearances and the title game to all the conference champions by ranking or whatever (add runners-up or high-ranked teams that may have just suffered an upset in the playoff to fill-up the rest of the bowl games if needed).

Bike
12-01-2008, 01:58 PM
The Texas-OK game must have been irrelevant this year...

Drunker Hillbilly
12-01-2008, 03:43 PM
The Texas-OK game must have been irrelevant this year...
Yea, so irrelevent it has it's own name!! Texas got hosed bad!! Now they will watch 2 teams they beat play in the Big 12 championship game. What a joke!!!!!!

Soonerus
12-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes, we feel real sorry for Texas here in Norman...

Sn@keIze
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Yes, we feel real sorry for Texas here in Norman...lol,I bet you do:D

As a Missouri fan, this is going to be embarrassing.

Soonerus
12-01-2008, 05:12 PM
lol,I bet you do:D

As a Missouri fan, this is going to be embarrassing.

Bull, I would not be surprised to see Missouri win...

Drunker Hillbilly
12-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Bull, I would not be surprised to see Missouri win...
Right!!!! That's why the line is 15.5!!!!!! The Big 12 screwed themselves when they took the head to head clause out. I think there are 4 other conferences that have it in theirs. I know the SEC and the ACC has it and maybe the Big 10 (or 11) LOL!!! The bottom line is that the system is sooooooo flawed that even if a miracle were to happen and Mizzou was to upset OU, Texas would vault into the National Championship with out even winning their conference!!!!! BCS is PATHETIC!!!!

Soonerus
12-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Right!!!! That's why the line is 15.5!!!!!! The Big 12 screwed themselves when they took the head to head clause out. I think there are 4 other conferences that have it in theirs. I know the SEC and the ACC has it and maybe the Big 10 (or 11) LOL!!! The bottom line is that the system is sooooooo flawed that even if a miracle were to happen and Mizzou was to upset OU, Texas would vault into the National Championship with out even winning their conference!!!!! BCS is PATHETIC!!!!

The Big XII did not take head-to-head out of the equation, it just does not apply when there is a 3-way tie...everybody seems to forget T.Tech (who beat Texas) tied for the South Championship too..

Drunker Hillbilly
12-01-2008, 08:08 PM
The Big XII did not take head-to-head out of the equation, it just does not apply when there is a 3-way tie...everybody seems to forget T.Tech (who beat Texas) tied for the South Championship too..
Your 100% wrong!!!

Big 12 Tiebreaker rules:
Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of fi nish (4, 5 and 6)
The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
The highest ranked team in the fi rst Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
The representative will be chosen by draw.
SEC Tie Breaker rules:

B. THREE (OR MORE) TEAM TIE

<LI type=1>(Once the tie has been reduced to two teams, go to the two-team tie-breaker format.) <LI type=1>Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams. <LI type=1>Record of the tied teams within the division. <LI type=1>Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last. <LI type=1>Overall record vs. non-division teams. <LI type=1>Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams. <LI type=1>Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.

Soonerus
12-01-2008, 08:25 PM
"If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative"

Do you have trouble reading...it just is that logically head-to-head does not work in a 3-way tie situation where each team beat each other...that should not be to difficult to understand...The Big XII chose the highest BCS team to give the conference its best chance for a team in the MNC game...Those are the rules all AD's from all of the schools agreed upon...

Sn@keIze
12-02-2008, 12:02 AM
You can make an arguement for any 3 teams.

But when you look at the fact that Texas had to go through the gauntlet of Oklahoma, Missouri, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech all in a row. They had it much harder!

And that Texas Tech loss was on a fluke TD pass from Texas Tech. Texas beat OU much more outright.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-02-2008, 10:58 AM
"If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative"

Do you have trouble reading...it just is that logically head-to-head does not work in a 3-way tie situation where each team beat each other...that should not be to difficult to understand...The Big XII chose the highest BCS team to give the conference its best chance for a team in the MNC game...Those are the rules all AD's from all of the schools agreed upon...
Hey Stoops lover,

In that scenario of a 3 team tie, the lowest team in the BCS rankings is dropped from the equation!!!! READ IT!!!! At that point the SEC and ACC and Big 10 and another conference all go head to head. The Big 12 can blame themselves for this one! It was once in their guidelines and then they took it out. Now, they will look at putting it back in. Do you watch tv or listen to the radio or read any newspaper articles? Their talking about it all over the place!!!

Soonerus
12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey Stoops lover,

In that scenario of a 3 team tie, the lowest team in the BCS rankings is dropped from the equation!!!! READ IT!!!! At that point the SEC and ACC and Big 10 and another conference all go head to head. The Big 12 can blame themselves for this one! It was once in their guidelines and then they took it out. Now, they will look at putting it back in. Do you watch tv or listen to the radio or read any newspaper articles? Their talking about it all over the place!!!

Excuse me, we are playing by the rules all of the Big XII teams agreed to, no more fiction please...

chief31
12-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Hey Stoops lover,

So, Texas got screwed because, instead of dropping one of three teams from the running based on BCS rankings, that particular conference uses a set of rules that just takes the highest BCS ranked instead?

Sounds like Texas should have just beaten Texas Tech and this wouldn't be a problem. :D

Guru
12-03-2008, 05:00 AM
The problem here is that OU will annihilate MU and then get embarrassed in their bowl game. AS USUAL

Drunker Hillbilly
12-03-2008, 12:16 PM
So, Texas got screwed because, instead of dropping one of three teams from the running based on BCS rankings, that particular conference uses a set of rules that just takes the highest BCS ranked instead?

Sounds like Texas should have just beaten Texas Tech and this wouldn't be a problem. :D
What I am saying is that the BCS is NOT to blame in this particular situation!!!!! It is the Big 12 that can only blame themselves. They used to have the same tiebreaker rules as the ACC, SEC, MAC and Conference America! They then at some point decided to go to this system that negates any and all head to head match ups and strictly decides tiebreakers on the highest BCS ranking! As I also said, when dealing with 7 or 8 tiebreaker rules in those other conferences they all use BCS rankings and with the exception of the Big 12, in the occurance of a three way tie, the lowest rank (T. Tech) should be dropped and then there is only a two way tie that should be decided by a head to head system.

I don't root for either of these teams so I couldn't care less but this seems to me to be the most fair system!! Oh yea and by the way, why is it ok to let a computer dictate who goes and who doesn't? ALL of the HUMAN polls suggested the voters thought Texas should be the team from the south In the Big 12 Championship game!!

chief31
12-03-2008, 01:32 PM
What I am saying is that the BCS is NOT to blame in this particular situation!!!!! It is the Big 12 that can only blame themselves. They used to have the same tiebreaker rules as the ACC, SEC, MAC and Conference America! They then at some point decided to go to this system that negates any and all head to head match ups and strictly decides tiebreakers on the highest BCS ranking! As I also said, when dealing with 7 or 8 tiebreaker rules in those other conferences they all use BCS rankings and with the exception of the Big 12, in the occurance of a three way tie, the lowest rank (T. Tech) should be dropped and then there is only a two way tie that should be decided by a head to head system.

I don't root for either of these teams so I couldn't care less but this seems to me to be the most fair system!! Oh yea and by the way, why is it ok to let a computer dictate who goes and who doesn't? ALL of the HUMAN polls suggested the voters thought Texas should be the team from the south In the Big 12 Championship game!!

Why should one be dropped? They had the same record, and they beat Texas.

Why does it make a difference if you use the BCS rankings to eliminate one, or just use it to eliminate both?

Had Texas gone, you would still have TT getting screwed, since they beat Texas.

If you want to use human polls to determine the outcome of that kind of situation, then that needs to be put into the rules.

But everyone prefers to use the BCS. And the BCS has Oklahoma ranked higher. So Oklahoma it is.

No matter how you did it, without playing more games, someone was going to get screwed.

But, as I said before. Texas should have beaten TT, then this is all taken care of, nice and neat.:D

Drunker Hillbilly
12-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Why should one be dropped? They had the same record, and they beat Texas.

Why does it make a difference if you use the BCS rankings to eliminate one, or just use it to eliminate both?

Had Texas gone, you would still have TT getting screwed, since they beat Texas.

If you want to use human polls to determine the outcome of that kind of situation, then that needs to be put into the rules.

But everyone prefers to use the BCS. And the BCS has Oklahoma ranked higher. So Oklahoma it is.

No matter how you did it, without playing more games, someone was going to get screwed.

But, as I said before. Texas should have beaten TT, then this is all taken care of, nice and neat.:D
Ha!! You say everybody uses the BCS. Your right except when there is a 3 way tie!! I just named the conferences and left the Big 10 out but all of the afformentioned use head to head as well as the BCS. It would be the same as if there were a 12 team tie! There would have to be a system to get down to the top 2 teams. I think all of those other conferences have it right personally.

If you think that going undefeated is the way to go then why aren't the 2 undefeated teams playing in the Title game? It's just not that easy and there are tooooooo many variables in college football.

Your right about putting the human factor into the rule but that is an NCAA thing not a conference thing! You can argue just to argue and thats what your doing but when the arguably "best conference in college football" for the last 10 years has this head to head rule in their guidelines. I think it's time the rest fall in line!!:D You will not get me to let this one go no matter how long you argue!!!!

Guru
12-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Or, the NCAA could just put in the DAMN PLAYOFF!!!

Conference champions should just end in a tie like they do in basketball. Throw out that conference championship game because that damned game has done more damage to the Big 12 than anything else. How many times has the Big 12 lost a shot at the national championship because of that game.

chief31
12-04-2008, 02:55 AM
Ha!! You say everybody uses the BCS. Your right except when there is a 3 way tie!! I just named the conferences and left the Big 10 out but all of the afformentioned use head to head as well as the BCS.

So they do use the BCS ramkings?

It would be the same as if there were a 12 team tie! There would have to be a system to get down to the top 2 teams. I think all of those other conferences have it right personally.

If you think that going undefeated is the way to go then why aren't the 2 undefeated teams playing in the Title game? It's just not that easy and there are tooooooo many variables in college football.

Your right about putting the human factor into the rule but that is an NCAA thing not a conference thing! You can argue just to argue and thats what your doing but when the arguably "best conference in college football" for the last 10 years has this head to head rule in their guidelines. I think it's time the rest fall in line!!:D You will not get me to let this one go no matter how long you argue!!!!

I am just puzzled by how three teams are tied, with the highest raked team getting the nod is less fair than booting the lowest ranked, then looking at head to head.

If you justify using the BCS ranking to boot one team, then why don't you justify using BCS to just bump one?

When you boot one, then you are cheating a team that beat your eventual selection.

Plus, the way that the other conferences do things just adds another step. You have a three-way tie, with a circle of head-to-head records. Take the top BCS ranking and go with it.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I am just puzzled by how three teams are tied, with the highest raked team getting the nod is less fair than booting the lowest ranked, then looking at head to head.

If you justify using the BCS ranking to boot one team, then why don't you justify using BCS to just bump one?

When you boot one, then you are cheating a team that beat your eventual selection.

Plus, the way that the other conferences do things just adds another step. You have a three-way tie, with a circle of head-to-head records. Take the top BCS ranking and go with it.
OK, obviously you either don't know as much about college ball as you do about the NFL or you are in favor of the BCS system because you don't think the Big 12 system is wrong. Answer this, is it fair that the 2 teams that are in the Big 12 championship both lost to the team that is out? Second, what if by some ungodly miracle OU loses to Mizzou in the Big 12 championship? Then you would have a team in the National Championship game that didn't even win their division!!!! Outstanding!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

Chiefster
12-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Hmmmm, lets see, what happens when you beat both the Sooners and the Tigers?

Answer?..... Anybody? ........

Sorry, times up.

You get to watch both teams play in the big 12 championship!

Bwaaahahaaahaa..........this is too comical!

It couldn't have happened to a better team. :lol:

chief31
12-06-2008, 01:18 PM
OK, obviously you either don't know as much about college ball as you do about the NFL or you are in favor of the BCS system because you don't think the Big 12 system is wrong. Answer this, is it fair that the 2 teams that are in the Big 12 championship both lost to the team that is out? Second, what if by some ungodly miracle OU loses to Mizzou in the Big 12 championship? Then you would have a team in the National Championship game that didn't even win their division!!!! Outstanding!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:I couldn't care much less about who goes to the championshiop game.

The fact is that Texas is complaining their system uses the BCS to break the three-way tie. When the other system does the same damn thing. They just use the BCS to eliminate one of the three, instead of to promote one.

Had Texas gone, then TT would have had the same complaint, about watching a team that they had beaten go in front of them.

So what?

I understand the complaint. But it just isn't really valid. Texas controlled their own destiny, until they lost to TT.

If they wanted to be champions, then that was a game that they needed to win.

They lost, and left their fates to a system that they should have been aware of already.

I dislike the college system, because of the BSC and the lack of a playoff system.

But I have herd alot of things about teams getting screwed, and this doesn't stack up.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-06-2008, 01:40 PM
I couldn't care much less about who goes to the championshiop game.

The fact is that Texas is complaining their system uses the BCS to break the three-way tie. When the other system does the same damn thing. They just use the BCS to eliminate one of the three, instead of to promote one.

Had Texas gone, then TT would have had the same complaint, about watching a team that they had beaten go in front of them.

So what?

I understand the complaint. But it just isn't really valid. Texas controlled their own destiny, until they lost to TT.

If they wanted to be champions, then that was a game that they needed to win.

They lost, and left their fates to a system that they should have been aware of already.

I dislike the college system, because of the BSC and the lack of a playoff system.

But I have herd alot of things about teams getting screwed, and this doesn't stack up.
OK, here's another argument. When you have three teams that are so closely matched, don't you think the one that got waxed by 44 points should automatically be eliminated? I do!!

chief31
12-06-2008, 01:44 PM
OK, here's another argument. When you have three teams that are so closely matched, don't you think the one that got waxed by 44 points should automatically be eliminated? I do!!

Why? They beat the team that you are siding with. That doesn't counter a bad game?

Texas should have beat TT. They didn't. Now they have deal with a system with no playoffs.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Why? They beat the team that you are siding with. That doesn't counter a bad game?

Texas should have beat TT. They didn't. Now they have deal with a system with no playoffs.
Whatever. Agree to disagree I guess but you are one of the few in the entire country that don't believe Texas got screwed. It all over the radio the tv on the streets, everywhere and I believe the same as the majority of people do. Just for giggles, your theory is "win all your games" right? Tell that to Utah or Boise St!!!!!!!!! They won't even be in a BCS game let alone the Championship game so by your win all your games theory alone, they are gettin screwed too right?

chief31
12-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Whatever. Agree to disagree I guess but you are one of the few in the entire country that don't believe Texas got screwed. It all over the radio the tv on the streets, everywhere and I believe the same as the majority of people do. Just for giggles, your theory is "win all your games" right? Tell that to Utah or Boise St!!!!!!!!! They won't even be in a BCS game let alone the Championship game so by your win all your games theory alone, they are gettin screwed too right?

My theory is that they need a playoff system.

I don't say that Texas didn't get screwed. I say that someone was going to get screwed either way. If Texas didn't want it to be them, then they needed to beat both of the other top teams in their division.

They didn't do that, and it came down to a three-way tie, with a circle of head-to-head records. The BCS chose Oklahoma.

Texas has to live with it. Unless a playoff system gets put in place, then this kind of thing will happen alot.

But complaining because the three-way tie is broken by letting the BCS choose the top team, instead of letting the BCS boot their bottom, then going head-to-head is just BS in my opinion.

The real complaint is that there is no playoff. Not rather the BCS breaks a three-way tie by selecting the top of the three, or the bottom of the three.

Chief Tyler
12-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Do you guys think Texas gets in the Natl. championship if OU loses?

Soonerus
12-08-2008, 11:14 AM
No !!!

Drunker Hillbilly
12-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Do you guys think Texas gets in the Natl. championship if OU loses?
If OU would have lost to Mizzou, Texas would have absolutely been in the title game. 100%!!!!