PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Johnson moving to MLB

jap1
12-03-2008, 06:47 PM
I just heard that they are moving DJ to MLB. Partly because he hasnt done much at OLB and partly because our MLB havent gotten it done. I hope this works out well for us.

Nel Toille
12-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Phisically, he strikes me more as a MLB.

Vandelay
12-04-2008, 12:32 AM
In my opinion, thats a good move. I always thought he should have been there anyway.

Sn@keIze
12-04-2008, 01:01 AM
I dont know. I remember when we drafted him everybody was going on bout how fast he was. He should be best at OLB.

But, we shall see. Lets hope it works.

jmlamerson
12-04-2008, 01:14 AM
I just heard that they are moving DJ to MLB. Partly because he hasnt done much at OLB and partly because our MLB havent gotten it done. I hope this works out well for us.

So, who's our starting LBs this week?

Nel Toille
12-04-2008, 01:49 AM
I read an article about this. They say the Chiefs will be looking for two starting linebackers in the offseason. I really think they're going to take one in the first round. See my thread about James Laurinaitis. If not him, then a LB that is a pure pass rusher (i.e. DT)

jap1
12-04-2008, 02:13 AM
So, who's our starting LBs this week?

DJ is switching with Boiman. So I believe it will be Demorrio Williams on the strong side, DJ in the middle, and Boiman on the weak side.

Seek
12-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Might be planning to go to a 3-4 next year and move Tamba to rushing LB... and they are trying to get DJ some experience playing ILB.

I personally think this is a very stupid move. The guy destoys passes to the flats, to TE, and on screens. They are taking a stenght on this defense and Focking with it. Maybe they are thinking it is easier to find an OLB in the draft than there is a MLB and they are hoping he could become a good MLB.

Three7s
12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Might be planning to go to a 3-4 next year and move Tamba to rushing LB... and they are trying to get DJ some experience playing ILB.

I personally think this is a very stupid move. The guy destoys passes to the flats, to TE, and on screens. They are taking a stenght on this defense and Focking with it. Maybe they are thinking it is easier to find an OLB in the draft than there is a MLB and they are hoping he could become a good MLB.
It shows that we're desperate for a pass rusher. To gain something, something must be taken away.

Chiefster
12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
I dont know. I remember when we drafted him everybody was going on bout how fast he was. He should be best at OLB.

Time will tell.

Seek
12-05-2008, 09:19 AM

The big Knock on DJ when we drafted him was that he ran around blockers and used his speed to beat up college players, but that he needed to take on blockers in the NFL. Which I think he does just fine, but I am not sure I want him in the middle.

theaxeeffect4311
12-05-2008, 01:37 PM

While I agree that it is easier to draft an OLB than an ILB, I don't think that has much to do with this choice. I think it comes down to making Derrick Johnson break out. We all knows he good, doing great things, but we expect more consistancy. He is our best tackler so putting him in the middle should help the run defense. And I don't think it takes away from him stopping the screen and such. I'm willing to give him a chance since this season is pretty much over. Hey, the coaches may have stumbled on something great. If not, he'll be back on the ouside next season.

And 3-4 defense is not bad. With the right coaching (Bill Cowher), the Chiefs could easily convert and become more productive. However, I doubt we will change unless there are coaching changes. With that said, Tamba would still play DE in a 3-4. He's not fast enough to play linebacker. But I wouldn't mind picking up a guy like Terrell Suggs this offseason and moving him back to DE.

arrowheadGoon305
12-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I THINK HE'LL DO GREAT THERE...once he gets used to it