PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging News?

jap1
12-05-2008, 01:59 AM
Here is an article that talks about how Gonzo started having meetings with Thigpen, and Bowe to get their reads and timing on the same page. Is this a sign that Gonzo may stay next year, the fact that he is taking Thiggy under his wing? At least it shows some effort and may be a sign of further improvement over the offseason.

Seems to be working so far ... :yahoo:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/923047.html

Coach
12-05-2008, 07:17 AM
I think you are reading too much into it. I think it shows that Gonzo is a true professional and has not hung up his cleats even though this team never had a shot at the playoffs.

slc chief
12-05-2008, 08:04 AM
i am taking it the other way i think gonzo knows he will be gone next year and is trying to get bowe and thig on the same page either way he is a class act

jmlamerson
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM
i am taking it the other way i think gonzo knows he will be gone next year and is trying to get bowe and thig on the same page either way he is a class act

I think Carl Peterson's burned his bridges very nicely with Tony G. If he suits up for us in 2009, I'll be shocked.

jap1
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
You guys are probably right. I agree the only chance of him wanting to stay here is if CP gets the boot. Hopefully he will finish strong and we can get some good value for him in the trade market.

Chiefster
12-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I think you are reading too much into it. I think it shows that Gonzo is a true professional and has not hung up his cleats even though this team never had a shot at the playoffs.

Agreed, none of that is any indication that Gonzo will adorn the red, white and gold next season.

Three7s
12-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Gonzo is just getting paid to say the right things. I'll be shocked if he isn't gone in the off-season.

Chiefster
12-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Gonzo is just getting paid to say the right things. I'll be shocked if he isn't gone in the off-season.

Yep!

texaschief
12-06-2008, 04:33 AM
Y'all act like he's a free agent. if he wants to play next year, he'll play as a Chief. Otherwise, he can sit his happy *** down and retire. He's not going to retire and he means more to the Chiefs than a 3rd or 4th round pick. If they can get a 2nd, they might trade him. But as much as I'd like to see it, no team will probably give up a 2nd for him.

He'll be a Chief.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Here is an article that talks about how Gonzo started having meetings with Thigpen, and Bowe to get their reads and timing on the same page. Is this a sign that Gonzo may stay next year, the fact that he is taking Thiggy under his wing? At least it shows some effort and may be a sign of further improvement over the offseason.

Seems to be working so far ... :yahoo:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/923047.html
Sorry, but Tony just happens to be a man of integrity. He knows that he is going to be gone next season but because he would of rather went all the way with the chiefs but there isnt any possibility, he is trying to help the chiefs be better than they are now. He serves more than anyone to have a SB ring. He loves the chiefs and wants them to succeed - with or without him.

Right on Coach.

I think Carl Peterson's burned his bridges very nicely with Tony G. If he suits up for us in 2009, I'll be shocked.
I think that the youth movement came either a little too late or too soon, although Tony is doing great, I doubt that he wants to be playing well into his 40's.

You guys are probably right. I agree the only chance of him wanting to stay here is if CP gets the boot. Hopefully he will finish strong and we can get some good value for him in the trade market.
He has already let them know that he wants a chance in the "big" game, I doubt that the chiefs are going to make it to the playoffs next season with or without Tony.

Y'all act like he's a free agent. if he wants to play next year, he'll play as a Chief. Otherwise, he can sit his happy *** down and retire. He's not going to retire and he means more to the Chiefs than a 3rd or 4th round pick. If they can get a 2nd, they might trade him. But as much as I'd like to see it, no team will probably give up a 2nd for him.

He'll be a Chief.
Tony has power because of how great he is. If the chiefs don't give him the trade, our whole head office's heads are empty. The way he can catch passes that any other reciever would be lucky just to get a finger on them. He is worth alot because he is consistent, something that the chiefs are not. Last season, when the chiefs were real bad, he always gave his best so don't tell me that no team would give a 2nd for him. He loves the chiefs and it breaks my heart that we will be without him, but her deserves to be on a SB champion team.
People like you want him to keep giving of himself for the chiefs with no reward. He doesn't have that many years left and the chiefs aren't going to SB next year - let him get his reward for being a great football player!

texaschief
12-06-2008, 10:11 PM
People like you want him to keep giving of himself for the chiefs with no reward. He doesn't have that many years left and the chiefs aren't going to SB next year - let him get his reward for being a great football player!

WTF are you talking about, "people like" me? I've been calling for a trade of Gonzo for the better part of two years now, to a Super Bowl contender.

BUT, I'm not willing to trade away one of the best TEs in the league if we don't receive fair value. Emotional and personal decisions are a HUGE reasons why the Chiefs are in the hole they're in. You don't trade a hall of fame TE just because he wants it. Your first priority should ALWAYS be the FRANCHISE.

If you're being offered what you want by two teams and one of them is closer to Super Bowl contention than the other, then yeah, send him to the Super Bowl team. But you don't trade him away just because "he's a good guy and deserves it." The FANS who pay for season tickets deserve more than that and deserve fair value for an asset such as Tony Gonzalez to help this team in the future or they deserve to keep him and watch him retire as a chief.