PDA

View Full Version : OJ Sentenced to as many as 33 years...

Chiefster
12-05-2008, 03:51 PM
LAS VEGAS – A broken O.J. Simpson was sentenced Friday to as many as 33 years in prison for a hotel armed robbery after a judge rejected his apology and said, "It was much more than stupidity." The 61-year-old football Hall of Famer stood shackled and stone-faced as Judge Jackie Glass rattled off the punishment. Moments before, Simpson made a rambling, five-minute plea for leniency, simultaneously apologizing for the holdup as a foolish mistake and trying to justify his actions...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/oj_simpson

What a waste!

slc chief
12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
i heard it was a minamum of 6 years max of 18

tornadospotter
12-05-2008, 08:18 PM
What ever his time is, its not enought.

I was a big time fan of oj when I was young, all I have to say about him now is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well there is no words that I can say now!

IlovetheChiefs
12-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Good news. Some justice was finally served (as it was not served on that October 3, 1995 day). I hope he'll be in for a long time and not just 6 years. That "sentenced to as many as 33 years" is kind of like a mailer saying "You have won a prize worth as much as $10,000."

But the good news is he's going to jail for some period of time. I always feel good for Ron Goldman when there's bad news for OJ.

Chiefster
12-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Good news. Some justice was finally served (as it was not served on that October 3, 1995 day). I hope he'll be in for a long time and not just 6 years. That "sentenced to as many as 33 years" is kind of like a mailer saying "You have won a prize worth as much as $10,000."

But the good news is he's going to jail for some period of time. I always feel good for Ron Goldman when there's bad news for OJ.

The Police Dept. and prosecution made such a mess of that case they gave the jury little other option then to find him "Not guilty"; you have to remember that there was much that the jury was not privy to that was revealed to the general public. The prosecution really made it easy for the defense.

tornadospotter
12-06-2008, 02:08 AM
The Police Dept. and prosecution made such a mess of that case they gave the jury little other option then to find him "Not guilty"; you have to remember that there was much that the jury was not privy to that was revealed to the general public. The prosecution really made it easy for the defense.
If the it does not fit, you can not convict, or what ever the words where, stupid move by the prosecution, having oj try to put the glove on! That gave the jury resemble doubt.

Chiefster
12-06-2008, 02:17 AM
If the it does not fit, you can not convict.

Good ol' Johnny. Actually I think the saying was: "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit".

Chiefster
12-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Also, that stupid cop taking samples of OJ's blood to both crime scenes and then finally making it back to the crime lab, which is where he should have directly taken it to in the first place, with less blood then when he started out with.

tornadospotter
12-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Also, that stupid cop taking samples of OJ's blood to both crime scenes and then finally making it back to the crime lab, which is where he should have directly taken it to in the first place, with less blood then when he started out with.

Yep, those were some super cops handling that crime scene!

Chiefster
12-06-2008, 02:35 AM
Yep, those were some super cops handling that crime scene!

Heh! One would think that cops could do a better job framing someone. :lol:

Nite Crowd!

tornadospotter
12-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Heh! One would think that cops could do a better job framing someone. :lol:

Nite Crowd!
Yep, they could not even frame the one who did it, or may have, or did not. :11:
I was not on the jury, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, never mind.

I am no longer a fan of oj, I even find it hard to drink orange juice!

IlovetheChiefs
12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I feel good for Fred Goldman and am always glad how he never minces words in regard to the butcher of Brentwood. Yesterday he referred to him as a monster and an SOB. Pathetic also how OJ was faking sadness and tears to the judge while saying, "I'm sorry. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong". Yet this is the same guy who smiled in an arrogant way after that 1995 verdict, even while the families of his murder victims were crying profusely (and THEIRS were REAL tears, unlike his yesterday. OJ 'If I did it' Simpson has no conscience). Oh by the way, I will drink orange juice; I just won't abbreviate it anymore by calling it OJ! When my body gets rid of the orange juice later, THEN it becomes OJ!

hardcorechiefsfan
12-06-2008, 10:07 PM
I feel good for Fred Goldman and am always glad how he never minces words in regard to the butcher of Brentwood. Yesterday he referred to him as a monster and an SOB. Pathetic also how OJ was faking sadness and tears to the judge while saying, "I'm sorry. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong". Yet this is the same guy who smiled in an arrogant way after that 1995 verdict, even while the families of his murder victims were crying profusely (and THEIRS were REAL tears, unlike his yesterday. OJ 'If I did it' Simpson has no conscience). Oh by the way, I will drink orange juice; I just won't abbreviate it anymore by calling it OJ! When my body gets rid of the orange juice later, THEN it becomes OJ!
I adore this picture of Len Dawson - now that is a football player of the past that we don't have to be embarrased to know of.