PDA

View Full Version : ***The Official Dark Cloud Reaction To Today's Game Against Denver***

Chiefster
12-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Optimists need not apply!!! :11:

greg3564
12-07-2008, 07:14 PM
2-10 record
32nd ranked defense
Herm's Chiefs record is 15-30

Sucks to be us!

Three7s
12-07-2008, 07:15 PM
We gave up over 400 yards of total offense........again.

jmlamerson
12-07-2008, 07:39 PM
We got 0 sacks - again.

Our defense was a sieve - again.

There isn't another team in the league that would put up with this level of incompetence.

What exactly does our owner think will happen next year? Does he think bringing in seven to eight rookies will turn this around? Does he think that they guys we have will miraculously be better next season? Does anyone think that? Does anyone still believe that we are only a DE away?

jap1
12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
We are ranked last in the league in starting position after a kickoff. A sign that our backups (they are usually the ones who populate the special teams) are just not very good.

nigeriannightmare
12-07-2008, 08:14 PM
We got 0 sacks - again.

Our defense was a sieve - again.

There isn't another team in the league that would put up with this level of incompetence.

What exactly does our owner think will happen next year? Does he think bringing in seven to eight rookies will turn this around? Does he think that they guys we have will miraculously be better next season? Does anyone think that? Does anyone still believe that we are only a DE away?

1 minute 35 seconds left and that was the best we could come up with to put points on the board before the half.

Three7s
12-07-2008, 09:02 PM
1 minute 35 seconds left and that was the best we could come up with to put points on the board before the half.
It was more like a minute left, but still, I was mad with all of the short stuff.

Chiefs 4
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Yes, ZERO sacks...AGAIN. It's hard to win when you give up this many yards game after game. But fear not: Herman Edwards was brought in to shore up the defense. Remember, Dick Vermeil's teams could score at will, from anywhere on the field, but gave up way too many points. Sure, they were 13-3, but lost to the Colts in a game with no punts. But now that Herman Edwards is the new coach, the defense is going to be world class man, we'll stifle the opponents baby. Oh, wait a minute...Herm isn't new anymore. He's been here three years and we've gotten worse each of those seasons. Oh.

Vandelay
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
I repeatedly see Dorsey getting pushed wherever the O-line wants to put him. And how does Babin totally whiff on Cutler for a safety. He makes that play, thats 2 points,and a free kick, with a chance for a game winning drive.

TRB05
12-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I hate the fade pattern to Bowe from the 5 yard line. They have ran that play like 15 times this year, and I think they have 1 TD to show for it.

Herm sure is stubborn.

jmlamerson
12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
I repeatedly see Dorsey getting pushed wherever the O-line wants to put him. And how does Babin totally whiff on Cutler for a safety. He makes that play, thats 2 points,and a free kick, with a chance for a game winning drive.

Yeah, Dorsey is getting awfully close to being slapped with the "B" word. At the very least, he has not lived even remotely up to his draft status.

He may get better, but right now he looks no better than any undrafted FA off the street.

AkChief49
12-07-2008, 10:51 PM
out of 6 half time leads(we were tied with the jets)we have won 2 of them..........The kool-aid is starting to lose it's effect! still love my Chiefs though!!!!

Chiefster
12-07-2008, 11:32 PM
I hate the fade pattern to Bowe from the 5 yard line. They have ran that play like 15 times this year, and I think they have 1 TD to show for it.

Herm sure is stubborn.

Yeah, Dorsey is getting awfully close to being slapped with the "B" word. At the very least, he has not lived even remotely up to his draft status.

He may get better, but right now he looks no better than any undrafted FA off the street.

Another Ryan Sims I fear.

Big Daddy Tek
12-08-2008, 12:36 AM
It feels like we are a defensive line away from being very good. The problem is, we are an ENTIRE defensive line away. We shoulda coulda woulda won 4 out of the last 5 games. I think Dorsey will develope into a good run stuffing tackle but other than that, these guys stink like a jmlamerson thread after a Buffalo Bills blowout. One more thing. "COVER 2 BUC" which is our main defensive coverage, got us killed today! the middle linebaker drops too deep ( regular cover 2 the MLB plays shallow) and they get first down after first down over the middle.

Big Daddy Tek
12-08-2008, 12:47 AM

Just to keep my eligability on this thread, I will first agree that this line is the worst in Chiefs history! But sorry JM, I dont agree with your evaluation of Dorsey. He had more tackles by week 9 than Warren Sapp did his entire rookie season. He's on pace for about 50 tackles which is right about were you want to be as a D-lineman ( especially in a 1 gap defense.) He is gonna have to learn to be a presence in passing situations because like you've noted, he isnt. As far as Ryan Sims... lets not go thier during the guys rookie season please. BUT the Chiefs are far from being good on D until the worst, disgusting, awful line in Chiefs history is fixed.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-08-2008, 12:58 AM
2-10 record
32nd ranked defense
Herm's Chiefs record is 15-30

Sucks to be us!
Very much so.

It was more like a minute left, but still, I was mad with all of the short stuff.
How did LJ do on yards?I had to leave about 25 minutes til 6pm and the game was tied.

Maybe he is trying hard to get traded when the season is over. He wouldn't be the first player to try that.

out of 6 half time leads(we were tied with the jets)we have won 2 of them..........The kool-aid is starting to lose it's effect! still love my Chiefs though!!!!
Maybe they have been forgetting the sugar for the kool-aid.

...shoulda coulda woulda ...
That seems to be the chiefs' story lately.

Three7s
12-08-2008, 04:43 AM
LJ wasn't too great, he had a couple of decent runs, but nothing huge. He also lost 7 yards by trying to reverse field.

I agree fully with the Fade Pattern being useless. I've never liked that play and I never will.

jmlamerson
12-08-2008, 09:47 AM
LJ wasn't too great, he had a couple of decent runs, but nothing huge. He also lost 7 yards by trying to reverse field.

I agree fully with the Fade Pattern being useless. I've never liked that play and I never will.

The fade can work when it's a big WR/TE against a little CB, and they are not the obvious target. The fade Huard threw to JA last year worked perfectly because of this. A guy like Randy Moss or Plaxico Burress (6'5" and a jumper) can also do OK. It is not a play we should be running with our personnel, especially not with our 1WR.

jmlamerson
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Just to keep my eligability on this thread, I will first agree that this line is the worst in Chiefs history! But sorry JM, I dont agree with your evaluation of Dorsey. He had more tackles by week 9 than Warren Sapp did his entire rookie season. He's on pace for about 50 tackles which is right about were you want to be as a D-lineman ( especially in a 1 gap defense.) He is gonna have to learn to be a presence in passing situations because like you've noted, he isnt. As far as Ryan Sims... lets not go thier during the guys rookie season please. BUT the Chiefs are far from being good on D until the worst, disgusting, awful line in Chiefs history is fixed.

I do appreciate you staying in negative zone for this thread. :D

Yeah, DT is a very hard position to predict. It is the one position I think you need to give a long learning curve (two years, at least) to. Of course, that's why I think teams shouldn't draft DT high unless their other positions are filled.

It's too early to tell if Dorsey will end up good or not in the long run. But I think we can agree that he was not the quick fix that he was built up as, and that he needs to get a lot better. Also, I think his high number of tackles is more indicative of the fact that offenses feel safe running right at him. If he had that high of tackles and the Chiefs were a top-15 run defense, I'd be a lot more impressed.

Chiefster
12-08-2008, 09:07 PM

Just denoting that like Sims' rookie season; Dorsey too is a bit of a disappointment.

Chiefster
12-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I do appreciate you staying in negative zone for this thread. :D

Yeah, DT is a very hard position to predict. It is the one position I think you need to give a long learning curve (two years, at least) to. Of course, that's why I think teams shouldn't draft DT high unless their other positions are filled.

It's too early to tell if Dorsey will end up good or not in the long run. But I think we can agree that he was not the quick fix that he was built up as, and that he needs to get a lot better. Also, I think his high number of tackles is more indicative of the fact that offenses feel safe running right at him. If he had that high of tackles and the Chiefs were a top-15 run defense, I'd be a lot more impressed.

Exactly, Sims was also pegged as the real deal.

Three7s
12-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Just denoting that like Sims' rookie season; Dorsey too is a bit of a disappointment.
I noticed a tiny bit of improvement in Dorsey this week where he got to the RB and tackled him. Of course, that could be as jml said, running over and over at him, and eventually, you run into a play once in awhile. I hope he gets more consistent.

Chiefster
12-09-2008, 01:20 AM
I noticed a tiny bit of improvement in Dorsey this week where he got to the RB and tackled him. Of course, that could be as jml said, running over and over at him, and eventually, you run into a play once in awhile. I hope he gets more consistent.

Me too, I would like nothing more than to see him shed the stigma of Sims.

AkChief49
12-09-2008, 08:55 AM
don't be too hasty comparing Dorsey to Sims. Sims had a total of 6 tackles in six games his rookie season. his best total to date was 2003 with 38 total with 4 being assists.he currently has 12 tackles 1.5 sacks for this year. GD has 36 tackles 1 sack and 1ff his rookie season.does it or does it not take about three years for a DT to mature? just asking. I keep hearing that three years is the magic number...

Three7s
12-09-2008, 09:04 AM
don't be too hasty comparing Dorsey to Sims. Sims had a total of 6 tackles in six games his rookie season. his best total to date was 2003 with 38 total with 4 being assists.he currently has 12 tackles 1.5 sacks for this year. GD has 36 tackles 1 sack and 1ff his rookie season.does it or does it not take about three years for a DT to mature? just asking. I keep hearing that three years is the magic number...
It is, indeed, true, it's just hard to be patient around here with all of the busts on the D-line that we've had to deal with.

Chiefster
12-09-2008, 07:22 PM

Yep...

It is, indeed, true, it's just hard to be patient around here with all of the busts on the D-line that we've had to deal with.

...And, yep!

Darth CarlSatan
12-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Anticipation, assignments, TACKLING, getting pressure; these are but a short-list of the problems that make Chiefs defense too painful to watch.

This is THEE WORST Chiefs Defense I have EVER seen.

Chiefster
12-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Anticipation, assignments, TACKLING, getting pressure; these are but a short-list of the problems that make Chiefs defense too painful to watch.

This is THEE WORST Chiefs Defense I have EVER seen.

Never thought I would see a Gunther Cunningham defense eclipse a Greg Robinson defense as the absolute worst.

Darth CarlSatan
12-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Never thought I would see a Gunther Cunningham defense eclipse a Greg Robinson defense as the absolute worst.

I'm willing to cut the line a little bit of slack for their youth, and because this scheme of ours asks a LOT from a defensive line.

But the LB Corps is just the most horrifyingly comical disaster this side of Pop Warner!
The general consensus is that our CB Coach( who's name escapes me )is the ONLY guy who should be standing after a complete 'Scorch The Earth' of Chiefs Defensive Staff Personnel.

And I agree wholeheartedly.

Chiefster
12-11-2008, 11:55 PM
This franchise has long been in need of a house cleaning.

Nite Crowd!

Three7s
12-12-2008, 12:56 AM
I always thought I had seen the worst when I look back through 2002-2005. I think to myself, no defense alive could possibly be THAT bad. I stand corrected.

Guru
12-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Dark cloud reaction? Hell, I didn't even expect to be in this game. I was fine with the outcome.

Three7s
12-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Dark cloud reaction? Hell, I didn't even expect to be in this game. I was fine with the outcome.
Why's that? We've competed in almost every game since the Jets! It's winning them that's been the problem! :lol:

Chiefster
12-12-2008, 08:17 AM

I was less then enthused with the defensive effort, or lack thereof.

Guru
12-13-2008, 12:00 AM
I was less then enthused with the defensive effort, or lack thereof.

YOu mean to tell me you are not used to that yet?:lol:

Chiefster
12-13-2008, 01:03 AM
YOu mean to tell me you are not used to that yet?:lol:

Of course I am; I'm also less then enthused about it. :D

Guru
12-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Of course I am; I'm also less then enthused about it. :DWell, there IS a difference between the two though.

Chiefster
12-13-2008, 01:57 AM
Well, there IS a difference between the two though.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah I know; just brushing up on my double speak.

chief31
12-13-2008, 11:59 PM

Especially since we git rid of the one single success that we have had on that line.

Darth CarlSatan
12-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Especially since we git rid of the one single success that we have had on that line.

Let it go. It's called Cover 2, and it's just as useless and Mickey Mouse as this Spread stop-gap nonsense we're running.

DCS is done with Chiefs kool-aid. Build a Pro-Team or sell it to someone who will.

chief31
12-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Let it go. It's called Cover 2, and it's just as useless and Mickey Mouse as this Spread stop-gap nonsense we're running.

DCS is done with Chiefs kool-aid. Build a Pro-Team or sell it to someone who will.

I will keep that one in my arsenal, for as long as we are suffering the consequences of that move.

And when we are shattering the all-time record for worst pass-rush, as we are, I say treating an NFL Sacks leader as expendable, has left us suffering consequences.

Chiefster
12-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I will keep that one in my arsenal, for as long as we are suffering the consequences of that move.

And when we are shattering the all-time record for worst pass-rush, as we are, I say treating an NFL Sacks leader as expendable, has left us suffering consequences.

Absolutely agreed!

TRB05
12-14-2008, 02:24 PM

So, how good do you think the Defense would be if they still had Allen? Like, do you think their record would be 2-3 games better? Or, 5-6 games better? Or about the same?