PDA

View Full Version : ***The Official Silver Lining Reaction To Today's Game Against Denver***

Chiefster
12-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Pessimists need not apply!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
12-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Uhhh, we didn't commit a turnover?

greg3564
12-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe this loss will push Clark Hunt to fire Herm. There, that's optimistic!

garciakcfan
12-07-2008, 07:34 PM
It was a good game to watch. Thigpen is growing on me the more I watch him play. He's gotta nice arm and can run and isn't made of glass... Defense was finally blitzing... Herm took some chances on 4th down... Im not feeling like I did when we lost to the bills so thats another positive.... The future looks bright to me

jmlamerson
12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Our offense was competent and mistake free. We weren't very good at scoring in the red zone, but we didn't have the best field positions either.

Our o-line did a pretty good job, everything considered.

Thigpen looks more and more like he can start for us next year.

That's all I got.

TRB05
12-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I thought Robinson looked pretty good. I wasn't watching with my full attention though, so I may have missed something.

AkChief49
12-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I've got to watch but one single game this year. (thankfully, for my remote and other flying objects, it was the 1st Denver game)It seems like they have been getting better, (I'm sipping red kool-aid) they need to turn the corner on these close games!! wait till next year! you'll see. How about that Legget dude?

Chiefster
12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I've got to watch but one single game this year. (thankfully, for my remote and other flying objects, it was the 1st Denver game)It seems like they have been getting better, (I'm sipping red kool-aid) they need to turn the corner on these close games!! wait till next year! you'll see. How about that Legget dude?

That was a nice pick and TD return. :D

Big Daddy Tek
12-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Outstanding performance by the offense today. They are getting better every week. Not having Bradley might have lost us this game because of situations with Webb and Franklin that Bradley would have been in (i.e.- that miscatch/ whiff on the 2 yard line on 3rd and 17.) The coverage guys look great. I thought Page might have had the best game of his career. I just feel sorry for them. Its like they are covering forever out thier because of our D-line and if they do cover perfect forever than the QB just runs. Overall Im excited. I mean thats 6 games that came down to seconds left in the 4th quarter. Even though we havent won them, Its something that can motivate for next year. Hopefully the Chiefs pick up ATLEAST 2 good D-lineman in the off season. And atleast one HAS to be a proven player out of free agency. Good job Thigster, you are the man!!!

Three7s
12-08-2008, 04:44 AM
Outstanding performance by the offense today. They are getting better every week. Not having Bradley might have lost us this game because of situations with Webb and Franklin that Bradley would have been in (i.e.- that miscatch/ whiff on the 2 yard line on 3rd and 17.) The coverage guys look great. I thought Page might have had the best game of his career. I just feel sorry for them. Its like they are covering forever out thier because of our D-line and if they do cover perfect forever than the QB just runs. Overall Im excited. I mean thats 6 games that came down to seconds left in the 4th quarter. Even though we havent won them, Its something that can motivate for next year. Hopefully the Chiefs pick up ATLEAST 2 good D-lineman in the off season. And atleast one HAS to be a proven player out of free agency. Good job Thigster, you are the man!!!
I know this is the optimism thread, but our offense outstanding? We only scored 10 points of offense and didn't even have 300 yards of total offense. That's hardly outstanding......

hardcorechiefsfan
12-08-2008, 10:04 AM
It was a good game to watch. Thigpen is growing on me the more I watch him play. He's gotta nice arm and can run and isn't made of glass... Defense was finally blitzing... Herm took some chances on 4th down... Im not feeling like I did when we lost to the bills so thats another positive.... The future looks bright to me
I was telling everyone that Thiggie just needed to "bloom" but did anyone pay attention? Noooooooooooooooo.... Of course he doesn't have a win yet but that isn't a positive thing to say.
What was his rating after the game?

jmlamerson
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I was telling everyone that Thiggie just needed to "bloom" but did anyone pay attention? Noooooooooooooooo.... Of course he doesn't have a win yet but that isn't a positive thing to say.

He won last week!

jerhart
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM

I am all about the Thig. He wont last week tho. His season QB rating is at a 77.4 now I believe, 24th in the league. Atlanta hurt his rating. Phillip Rivers is leading the league with a 102.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
He won last week!
Oops, I guess I forgot about that win. Sorry about the mistake guys, Its not like I'm used to the chiefs winning this season. Oops, that isn't very positive, is it?

I am all about the Thig. He wont last week tho. His season QB rating is at a 77.4 now I believe, 24th in the league. Atlanta hurt his rating. Phillip Rivers is leading the league with a 102.
Is Rivers a rookie or close?

Three7s
12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Oops, I guess I forgot about that win. Sorry about the mistake guys, Its not like I'm used to the chiefs winning this season. Oops, that isn't very positive, is it?

Is Rivers a rookie or close?
Rivers hasn't been a rookie for quite some time.

Chiefster
12-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I know this is the optimism thread, but our offense outstanding? We only scored 10 points of offense and didn't even have 300 yards of total offense. That's hardly outstanding......

Yes, it is the optimism thread where ones statements are subjective to one’s own opinions and personal point of view. :D

jap1
12-09-2008, 02:42 AM
I dont think there were any injuries ... although I missed the first quarter and a half.

Three7s
12-09-2008, 03:03 AM
I dont think there were any injuries ... although I missed the first quarter and a half.
Niswanger got injured. Charles got knicked up too, but he returned.

jap1
12-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Niswanger got injured. Charles got knicked up too, but he returned.

Well then I got nothing ...

Big Daddy Tek
12-10-2008, 12:28 AM

Yeah, "outstanding" was a little over the top. I guess that I've just been in amazment with Thigpen for the past 5-6 weeks. It seems like we've been going 3 and out every time for a year and a half. One day, that just stopped. Lately it just feels like we have a chance to score everytime.

Three7s
12-10-2008, 05:03 AM
Yeah, "outstanding" was a little over the top. I guess that I've just been in amazment with Thigpen for the past 5-6 weeks. It seems like we've been going 3 and out every time for a year and a half. One day, that just stopped. Lately it just feels like we have a chance to score everytime.
I hear ya, the games he had against the Jets and Bucs were phenomenal. I was almost fooled into thinking that we had instantly made Tom Brady healthy and stole him from the Pats to play for us. That's how good Thig was. He wasn't bad against the Chargers, but ever since then, his numbers have declined a little.

Big Daddy Tek
12-10-2008, 10:04 PM
I hear ya, the games he had against the Jets and Bucs were phenomenal. I was almost fooled into thinking that we had instantly made Tom Brady healthy and stole him from the Pats to play for us. That's how good Thig was. He wasn't bad against the Chargers, but ever since then, his numbers have declined a little.

He was struck with "Gonzo Fever." A state of mind in which one man cannot pass to anybody except Sir Gonzo. This condition usually strikes when ones a$$ is saved, time after time on 3rd down, by Sir Gonzo.
:yahoo:

Chiefster
12-10-2008, 10:20 PM
He was struck with "Gonzo Fever." A state of mind in which one man cannot pass to anybody except Sir Gonzo. This condition usually strikes when ones a$$ is saved, time after time on 3rd down, by Sir Gonzo.

Tony was knighted??? :D

Big Daddy Tek
12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Tony was knighted??? :D

He should be

Three7s
12-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Actually, I think that's Thig's biggest problem. He seems locked on to Gonzo a bit too much. Defenses are keying in on this and really hurting our passing attack, even if Gonzo is still getting a lot of catches.

There are two problems to this, however. One is that Bradley is injured and have heard nothing about his status, he was one of the huge reasons for our rise in offensive production. Another is that Bowe can't seem to catch the ball consistently. When you drop easy catches, it gets into a QBs head, and all of a sudden, he's not throwing it to you.

Chiefster
12-11-2008, 12:49 PM
He should be

YouTube - Nobility