PDA

View Full Version : This isn't about football. I was hoping that someone here would be able to assist me.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
My dad built a 1946 Model A John Deere tractor and now he needs a part that he called a power take-off. He wanted me to find something online around
Conway, Missouri; I assume he means to have the part sent there. Every site I went on said that they don't know what I meant by "power take-off" part. I don't know what to do because he needs his tractor working again. If someone here happens to be a John Deere parts dealer, I would be thrilled for your help:D .

tornadospotter
12-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Sent you a pm

Chiefster
12-08-2008, 08:55 PM
http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv8-hptb5&p=%22power%20take-off%22%20part&type=

jtandcrew
12-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Im no dealer but I grew up on the farm. Is he talking about the PTO pump, shaft or what. There are several components to the PTO system.

Chiefster
12-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I have no idea.

tammietailgator
12-09-2008, 08:50 PM
I would love to help and my brother rebuilds old tractors as a hobby - but we are a case family. He does know a lot of people doing the same thing.. I will ask him.

AkChief49
12-09-2008, 10:56 PM
My dad built a 1946 Model A John Deere tractor and now he needs a part that he called a power take-off. He wanted me to find something online around
Conway, Missouri; I assume he means to have the part sent there. Every site I went on said that they don't know what I meant by "power take-off" part. I don't know what to do because he needs his tractor working again. If someone here happens to be a John Deere parts dealer, I would be thrilled for your help:D .
My little cousin had a shirt that said "friends don't let friends drive red(Massey) tractors" I know this does not help, sorry

YZILLA
12-10-2008, 03:59 AM
Ive got a friend up here whos Dad is an old John Deere collector/rebuilder I will ask him . If he doesnt have one I would be surprised. He has a huge shed full of them . If not I bet he knows where one is.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I am sorry for not getting back to y'all concerning this thread. Apparently my dad did get what he wanted, I'm not sure where from though. He had my brother help him to find it.

Im no dealer but I grew up on the farm. Is he talking about the PTO pump, shaft or what. There are several components to the PTO system.
I think that is what is what my dad was wanting, at least a part of it I guess.

I would love to help and my brother rebuilds old tractors as a hobby - but we are a case family. He does know a lot of people doing the same thing.. I will ask him.
My dad loves using that JD tractor. I remember when he was spray painting it green after building it, that was back in the 70's. We were living on a farm about 10 miles south of Concordia, KS.

My little cousin had a shirt that said "friends don't let friends drive red(Massey) tractors" I know this does not help, sorry
We did have another tractor, I think it was a darker color of reddish brown. We auctioned it off before we moved to the fort scott(southeast KS)area.

Ive got a friend up here whos Dad is an old John Deere collector/rebuilder I will ask him . If he doesnt have one I would be surprised. He has a huge shed full of them . If not I bet he knows where one is.
Again I thank everyone, if he still needed the part I would of preferred to send the business y'all's way.

GO! CHIEFS GO!