PDA

View Full Version : Have wins, will travel...

Chiefster
12-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Is Marty Schottenheimer returning to Cleveland?
That’s an interesting item, which raises an interesting question. Does it make sense for a troubled franchise to take a page from a winning past, or should it go out and buy a new book?...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/12/09/have_wins_will_travel/

spiman
12-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Yet, no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with more than one franchise. Only five coaches, most recently the Seahawks’ Mike Holmgren, have even taken two franchises to a Super Bowl. They also include Dick Vermeil, who before joining the Chiefs in 2001 had reached a Super Bowl with the Eagles and won one with the Rams.

So on that note..Where do you get a coach? They never win twice in a life time.. :11: The yellow pages...??:bananen_smilies046: Everbody wants HH to go..But $ and the coaches pool seems thin. Were :bash: in for hard times like the rest of the country...$$ The Chiefs do not have.

Chiefster
12-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Yet, no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with more than one franchise. Only five coaches, most recently the Seahawks’ Mike Holmgren, have even taken two franchises to a Super Bowl. They also include Dick Vermeil, who before joining the Chiefs in 2001 had reached a Super Bowl with the Eagles and won one with the Rams.

So on that note..Where do you get a coach? They never win twice in a life time.. :11: The yellow pages...??:bananen_smilies046: Everbody wants HH to go..But $ and the coaches pool seems thin. Were :bash: in for hard times like the rest of the country...$$ The Chiefs do not have.

Coaches - R - Us! :D

Guru
12-13-2008, 02:45 AM
Coaches - R - Us! :DThats where you go to find Herm.

Chiefster
12-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Thats where you go to find Herm.

Eggsactly!

Three7s
12-13-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm pretty sure quite a few of us here on the forums could do a much better job than Herm for much less money.

Chiefster
12-14-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm pretty sure quite a few of us here on the forums could do a much better job than Herm for much less money.

Why, I'd even let them fire me over the internet.:lol:

tornadospotter
12-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Why, I'd even let them fire me over the internet.:lol:
:11: Me to, Me to, Just give me one year salary guaranteed and fire me, I would be happy. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
But I could coach, maybe, for longer if needed. :D

Chiefster
12-14-2008, 01:01 AM
:11: Me to, Me to, Just give me one year salary guaranteed and fire me, I would be happy. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
But I could coach, maybe, for longer if needed. :D

Nlot me; I just want the money! :lol:

Nite Crowd! :D

chief31
12-14-2008, 01:04 AM
I support TC, as long as I am his GM. :lol: