PDA

View Full Version : new training camp location 2010

slc chief
12-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Chiefs Announce Training Camp Plans for 2009

Dec 12, 2008, 4:42:47 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs have exercised their one-year option to hold training camp at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls in 2009, the site of the club’s camp for the past 18 years, Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced today. The Chiefs may return to the State of Missouri as early as 2010 pending the passage of a $25 million state tax credit proposal which will be determined when the Missouri Development Finance Board meets on Tuesday, December 16th in Jefferson City, Missouri.
The Chiefs have made the State of Wisconsin their training camp home since ‘91. Prior to the move to Wisconsin, the Chiefs held training camp at William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri from ‘63-90.
Senator Charlie Shields, a Republican state senator from St. Joseph, Missouri, has been instrumental in assisting the passage of the tax credit proposal and his city’s Missouri Western State University has the first option to sign a new five-year contract with a series of five one-year options with the Chiefs provided the school can meet sufficient standards and fulfill obligations needed to host an NFL training camp.
Send this page to a friend! (http://www.kcchiefs.com/email/2008/12/12/chiefs_announce_training_camp_plans_for_2009/)

Chiefster
12-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Aren't tax credits a wonderful thing?

tornadospotter
12-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Maybe we can have a Chiefs Crowd party at training camp. It will be closer for me. But I did really enjoy the drive to River Falls.

Chiefster
12-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Maybe we can have a Chiefs Crowd party at training camp. It will be closer for me. But I did really enjoy the drive to River Falls.

Great idea, and your just the man to organize it! :D

tornadospotter
12-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Great idea, and your just the man to organize it! :D
Can do when it happens. But I am telling you, the trip we took to River falls for training camp was a great drive, the scenery was great.

YZILLA
12-14-2008, 07:27 AM
I too was at River Falls this year and it was a blast ! I got to stand and talk and take pictures and get autographs from herm. He was a very nice guy ! really interested in us ! asked us alot of questions about ourselves. This all happened because we entered through the wrong gate and walked right by the players building with Herm sitting in a Golfcart waiting for the Family fun night to start. A great memory for me and my family for sure. River Falls is a cool little cozy town ! Im all in for a meeting of the chiefscrowd at RF this year if that is where it held .