PDA

View Full Version : pollard and page laying some licks

slc chief
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
these guys brought there game today with some wicked hitting

nigeriannightmare
12-14-2008, 04:19 PM

So did tamba hali and brandon flowers, finally some pass rush.

greg3564
12-14-2008, 04:43 PM

Too bad they allowed San Diego 346 yards of passing. Hitting hard is one thing, but actually defending the pass is another. This was a game that the defense gave away, again.

nigeriannightmare
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Too bad they allowed San Diego 346 yards of passing. Hitting hard is one thing, but actually defending the pass is another. This was a game that the defense gave away, again.

They weren't running effectively and they were behind. When you throw he ball 50 times, it's not hard to get 346 passing yards racked up. That's like rushing 50 times and having a 150 yard day.

greg3564
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
They weren't running effectively and they were behind. When you throw he ball 50 times, it's not hard to get 346 passing yards racked up. That's like rushing 50 times and having a 150 yard day.

The defense gave up 12 points(2 TD) in the last 5 minutes at home. The last possession took just 35 seconds to move 61 yards and score. Are you defending that?

garciakcfan
12-14-2008, 05:09 PM
we're not having this discussion if bowe would have held on to the damn ball, but i guess greg that was herms fault too right??

greg3564
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
we're not having this discussion if bowe would have held on to the damn ball, but i guess greg that was herms fault too right??

Maybe it was bad coaching. Seems if he would have not jumped into the air for theatrics, maybe we would have won. I don't know. The offense did their job, the defense obviously did not.

But in all honesty, and I know we don't agree on much, do you really think Herm should coach next year? The guy has a career record of 54-72. His Chiefs record now stands at 15-31. Our defense is the laughing stock of the NFL. Rightfully so. My frustration as a fan is unbelievable right now. Herm Edwards is not the guy to lead us into the future.

garciakcfan
12-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Maybe herm is not the future but im still sticking to my guns when I say bringing in a new coach is an even worse idea... And I still do like Herm.. Greg take a look at the ages of our defense that will sum up most of the issues.. With experience comes confidence and after a year like this one im sure these guys are gonna be burning inside to put a stamp on our franchise. Its been a real tough year for everyone but I think if we add a couple of veteran pieces and these guys mature we are gonna be really good soon.

greg3564
12-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Maybe herm is not the future but im still sticking to my guns when I say bringing in a new coach is an even worse idea... And I still do like Herm.. Greg take a look at the ages of our defense that will sum up most of the issues.. With experience comes confidence and after a year like this one im sure these guys are gonna be burning inside to put a stamp on our franchise. Its been a real tough year for everyone but I think if we add a couple of veteran pieces and these guys mature we are gonna be really good soon.

I have no doubt that there is talent on this team. I just don't know whether or not a new coach sets us back further or not. Look how Miami has turned around in one season. A large part of that was Parcells. Obviously Carl Peterson has worn out his welcome. But I have this sinking feeling he'll be here next year too. Even with the talent that we have, and hopefully more in the draft, Herm Edwards has shown nothing but inconsistency throughout his head coaching career. He blames players and not himself. I guess my point is, if we keep Herm another year, who's to say we don't have another disaster in 2009 and win just 3 or 4 games? At what point is it "bad enough" to look for another leader? I think once this season is finished, Clark Hunt needs to have a press conference and really spell out the future of the Chiefs franchise, head coach and GM.

nigeriannightmare
12-14-2008, 07:14 PM
The defense gave up 12 points(2 TD) in the last 5 minutes at home. The last possession took just 35 seconds to move 61 yards and score. Are you defending that?

I was just defending the 346 yards of pass offense agains 50 pass attempts. The offense failed to get a ffirst down on 3 different 3rd and 1's and couldn't do it. I think the offense carries just as much to blame, as well as the head coach, the special teams cooach, and a host of others.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-14-2008, 09:16 PM
They did great in the half that I saw.

What I saw, the chiefs defense has trouble with breaking tackles so they can be where they need to be.

This isn't the first time Bowe had a prob with holding onto the ball. He has lost balls lots of times. He could take some advice from Tony on how to keep a ball.

I agree, this isn't a coaching malfunction; we need the players to get fired up to win. All the other teams do it, why can't the chiefs?

I have no doubt that there is talent on this team. I just don't know whether or not a new coach sets us back further or not. Look how Miami has turned around in one season. A large part of that was Parcells. Obviously Carl Peterson has worn out his welcome. But I have this sinking feeling he'll be here next year too. Even with the talent that we have, and hopefully more in the draft, Herm Edwards has shown nothing but inconsistency throughout his head coaching career. He blames players and not himself. I guess my point is, if we keep Herm another year, who's to say we don't have another disaster in 2009 and win just 3 or 4 games? At what point is it "bad enough" to look for another leader? I think once this season is finished, Clark Hunt needs to have a press conference and really spell out the future of the Chiefs franchise, head coach and GM.
About Carl, he will be here next season because I'm sure that he gets some of the credit of how good the chiefs have been lately whether we want him to get it or not.

I was just defending the 346 yards of pass offense agains 50 pass attempts. The offense failed to get a ffirst down on 3 different 3rd and 1's and couldn't do it. I think the offense carries just as much to blame, as well as the head coach, the special teams cooach, and a host of others.
All these kids need to learn how to play 4 quarter football, that is their main prob.

texaschief
12-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Maybe it was bad coaching. Seems if he would have not jumped into the air for theatrics, maybe we would have won. I don't know. The offense did their job, the defense obviously did not.

But in all honesty, and I know we don't agree on much, do you really think Herm should coach next year? The guy has a career record of 54-72. His Chiefs record now stands at 15-31. Our defense is the laughing stock of the NFL. Rightfully so. My frustration as a fan is unbelievable right now. Herm Edwards is not the guy to lead us into the future.

When the defense gets you three turnovers, it shouldn't matter how many yards they give up. You should win the game. The offense got three first downs the entire 2nd half. When your defense has to play the entire 2nd half without much rest, they're not going to keep playing at a high level.

On a separate note, the Chiefs got 3 SACKS TODAY!!!! 2 Forced Fumbles to boot!!! lol 4 more sacks guys. 4 more. :lol:

jap1
12-14-2008, 10:19 PM
On a another note, who started at CB? I saw that Surtain was playing (and man he is slowwww, if that was Flowers or Carr that was an easy pick-six) for once this year. I didnt see Legget too much. Wondering if Surtain started or if he subbed in or was the nickel back.

Big Daddy Tek
12-14-2008, 10:20 PM

Your right on with this one. You really are. Chiefs fans are tired of losing, I understand that. I am too. But you cant put everything on Herm. These guys came out locked and loaded today. I didnt see a major coaching problem and I havent for weeks. These kids are gonna figure it out. Today was a bullsh!t win for the Chargers. The Chiefs D locked them down the ENTIRE GAME, until 4 minutes left of coarse. The offense was awful in the second half. I dont know what the heII pat Surtain was thinking on that bomb at the end of the game. He bit on the short rout? Come on! I dont want to hear anything about yards either. Almost half of those came up inside 4 minutes.

greg3564
12-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Your right on with this one. You really are. Chiefs fans are tired of losing, I understand that. I am too. But you cant put everything on Herm. These guys came out locked and loaded today. I didnt see a major coaching problem and I havent for weeks. These kids are gonna figure it out. Today was a bullsh!t win for the Chargers. The Chiefs D locked them down the ENTIRE GAME, until 4 minutes left of coarse. The offense was awful in the second half. I dont know what the heII pat Surtain was thinking on that bomb at the end of the game. He bit on the short rout? Come on! I dont want to hear anything about yards either. Almost half of those came up inside 4 minutes.

Yards are yards, no matter when they come in the game. All this talk of it's the players and not the coaches fault is killing me. COACHES ARE SUPPOSED TO ADAPT AND FIND WAYS TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are supposed to motivate their players and exploit weaknesses in the other team. This seems to be a problem week in and week out. We play really well in one half or the other, but can't seem to play an entire game. That problem, in my opinion, lies on the coaches as much as it does the players. Herm and his assistants should be able to identify problems and adjust by now.

TRB05
12-15-2008, 12:00 AM
On a another note, who started at CB? I saw that Surtain was playing (and man he is slowwww, if that was Flowers or Carr that was an easy pick-six) for once this year. I didnt see Legget too much. Wondering if Surtain started or if he subbed in or was the nickel back.

Carr and Flowers started, Surtain was the nickel and Leggett was out with injury (I think).

slc chief
12-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Yards are yards, no matter when they come in the game. All this talk of it's the players and not the coaches fault is killing me. COACHES ARE SUPPOSED TO ADAPT AND FIND WAYS TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are supposed to motivate their players and exploit weaknesses in the other team. This seems to be a problem week in and week out. We play really well in one half or the other, but can't seem to play an entire game. That problem, in my opinion, lies on the coaches as much as it does the players. Herm and his assistants should be able to identify problems and adjust by now.

here is one problem herm plays at the end of the games to not lose. instead of trying to win

tornadospotter
12-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I like Herm as a Coach, I think he is a great coach, but not a NFL Head Coach! I think he would make a great College Coach! Just look at USC's Head Coach, did not do well in the NFL, but he is a very good College Coach.

tornadospotter
12-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Herm, go to college!

nigeriannightmare
12-15-2008, 06:19 PM

Plenty of blame can be placed on the coaches. 3rd and 1 at the 20 and you go for that crappy fade in the end zone. 3rd and 1 in the fourth quarter and you run larry johnson east to west instead of north to south. Herm is a coach with a losing record, Herm is a coach the wants to take all the credit but bare none of the responsibility. We get our rear ends kicked in almost every second half we play. That's the other coach making adjustments and out coach making zero. Y'all need to wake up smell the coffee, Herm is every bit the problem the 'young' players supposedly are.