PDA

View Full Version : Why can't this team put together 4 quarters of football?

greg3564
12-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Yet another lead blown! At home no less. Another 400 yards given up by the last ranked defense in the league. Our defense made Rivers look great with 34/48 and 346 yards. Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mob: Come on Clark please, for the love of God, fire Carl and Herm and let's move forward!

jsowings
12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
They give you hope and they always disappoint. This is how they have always been.

balto
12-14-2008, 04:41 PM
WOW

I honestly have nothing to say

the fox
12-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Pretty much sums up this great season.

RatherDashing
How is it possible to lose to a team that is mediocre at best, when it's the 4th quarter, and you're holding the lead in the remaining two minutes of the game? The Chiefs only make it possible. What a major disappointed, I shouldn't be surprised.

greg3564
WOW

I honestly have nothing to say

I'm sure Herm will throw more players under the bus, instead of taking responsibility himself.

nigeriannightmare
12-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Cant manage a clock when we have a lead, and can't manage a clock when we are behind. I have a strong dislike for this coaching staff, chan gailey excluded.

jb908
12-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I hope this makes Clark think good and hard about his coaches for next year. That was the worst 2 minutes I have seen in a long time.

jerhart
12-14-2008, 05:23 PM
...I am just as upset as the next guy about our performance at the end of this game, and our inability to finish games. BUT, in the end, that final drive was their offense littered with veterans vs. our Defense littered with rookies...We have a young team. Their offense was projected to be one of the best in the league lead by one of the top QB's league. (reminder I hate the dolts) And I agree, if Bowe would have held on to the ball we wouldnt have this conversation, but that's football.

Our young D showed some excitement today....but does it really shock you that an experienced offense moved the ball against our inexperienced D?

Yes...poor clock management by Hermroid...and I think he needs to go.

...just as we enjoy the wins of a good team, we have to endure the growing pains of a young one.

leaves
12-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Its really unbearable to have that little hope every game, then its over in the last 3min, I have friends who are lions fans and at least they know their gonna lose.

Although, I was very impressed by our rooks and sophs, and I'm feelin good about Thig.

section311
12-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Please bring Bill Cowher to KC, or Mike Singletary, or anybody who can Coach.

josh1971
12-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Ummm, I don't want to be the lone voice of dissent, but if Connor Barth makes ONE of the two field goals he missed (no matter how long or short they were), KC wins.

Yeah, I know. Death to Herm, Death to Carl. I'd love to see Cowher or Holmgren.

H

hardcorechiefsfan
12-14-2008, 08:22 PM
They give you hope and they always disappoint. This is how they have always been.
They weren 't always this bad. You may be too young to remember but there was a time when the chiefs won more than they lost.

How is it possible to lose to a team that is mediocre at best, when it's the 4th quarter, and you're holding the lead in the remaining two minutes of the game? The Chiefs only make it possible. What a major disappointed, I shouldn't be surprised.
The chargers were better than the chiefs, they know how to play 4 quarter football.

I'm sure Herm will throw more players under the bus, instead of taking responsibility himself.
This game is not the fault of Herm. The players did good in first half but they gave up coming out of halftime.

Cant manage a clock when we have a lead, and can't manage a clock when we are behind. I have a strong dislike for this coaching staff, chan gailey excluded.
Yes I agree with you about the coaching staff but you are wrong about putting the blame on the coaches.

Yet another lead blown! At home no less. Another 400 yards given up by the last ranked defense in the league. Our defense made Rivers look great with 34/48 and 346 yards. Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mob: Come on Clark please, for the love of God, fire Carl and Herm and let's move forward!
You are such babies! How come any other team can come out of the halftime determined to win in spite of being behind and actually do win, and the chiefs come out of halftime thinking, "We are ahead 21-3, we got this game won already."

... our inability to finish games. BUT, in the end, that final drive was their offense littered with veterans vs. our Defense littered with rookies...We have a young team. Their offense was projected to be one of the best in the league lead by one of the top QB's league. (reminder I hate the dolts) And I agree, if Bowe would have held on to the ball we wouldnt have this conversation, but that's football.

Our young D showed some excitement today....but does it really shock you that an experienced offense moved the ball against our inexperienced D?

Yes...poor clock management by Hermroid...and I think he needs to go.

...just as we enjoy the wins of a good team, we have to endure the growing pains of a young one.
Perfectly said.

Its really unbearable to have that little hope every game, then its over in the last 3min, I have friends who are lions fans and at least they know their gonna lose.

Although, I was very impressed by our rooks and sophs, and I'm feelin good about Thig.
I'm not such a Thiggie fan anymore.
Please bring Bill Cowher to KC, or Mike Singletary, or anybody who can Coach.
In a different thread I had offered my cat. Although she sleeps 99.9 % of the time, doesn't the chiefs suck at least half the game? What is 40 % more?
About Bill Cowher - doesn't he have the browns sniffing his tail?

Big Daddy Tek
12-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Its Herm..... uh .... and Carl..... and uh.... Guns .... fault.... yeah thats it!

P.S. Hey Jarad Page, next time an offense is in the redzone with 30 seconds left and they have to score a touchdown, DONT BITE ON THE RUN! THEY ARE NOT GONNA RUN JARAD!!

Chiefster
12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
The reason we can't put together four quarters of football is simple: Herm Edwards. Twice he had the ball on third down with inches to go and an opportunity to take more time off the clock, and twice he went with the most predictable play call ever; up the gut with the entire defense stacked in the box. I have said this many times with a sort of flipit attitude, but tonight I honestly mean it: Herm Edwards truly is a complete and utter idiot and failure as a head coach!

Chiefster
12-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Its Herm..... uh .... and Carl..... fault.... yeah thats it!...

That is it; for the reasons I stated above.

jap1
12-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Ummm, I don't want to be the lone voice of dissent, but if Connor Barth makes ONE of the two field goals he missed (no matter how long or short they were), KC wins.

Yeah, I know. Death to Herm, Death to Carl. I'd love to see Cowher or Holmgren.

H

Agreed. But it probably would have gone into OT because SD would not have gone for 2 twice.
Or if Thiggie doesnt throw to TG in quad coverage in the redzone for a pick. We might have kicked a FG at least and be sitting a little more comfortable. Maybe in the future we should have LJ play QB in the redzone ... j/k

Chiefster
12-14-2008, 11:48 PM
It's all woulda, coulda, shoulda.

We win if Herm isn't so predictable on third and inches.

Guru
12-14-2008, 11:51 PM
H E R M

Chiefster
12-14-2008, 11:54 PM
H E R M

REP!!!!

TRB05
12-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Its Herm..... uh .... and Carl..... and uh.... Guns .... fault.... yeah thats it!

P.S. Hey Jarad Page, next time an offense is in the redzone with 30 seconds left and they have to score a touchdown, DONT BITE ON THE RUN! THEY ARE NOT GONNA RUN JARAD!!

That made me sick to my stomach. He's our veteran leadership on Defense BTW. Reminded me of that 4th and 7 play in the MU-KU game, that also made me sick.

It's all woulda, coulda, shoulda.

We win if Herm isn't so predictable on third and inches.

If your O-Line and RB can't get inches when everyone knows it's coming...you are going to lose anyway.

okikcfan
12-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Players are only as good as the teachers teaching them. As I have said in the past, I think Herm and Carl are STUPID. Look at herms record. He's never been a great coach, for that matter he's never been a good coach. He does NOT know what he is doing. As long as Carl and Herm are running the Big Shoe, it will never ever fit.

josh1971
12-15-2008, 12:51 AM
I'll give ya Herm, but Carl also brought a few good coaches and systems to KC, didn't he? Maybe he's outlived his usefulness, but Herm has been useless since he got here.

jb

okikcfan
12-15-2008, 01:08 AM
I'll give ya Herm, but Carl also brought a few good coaches and systems to KC, didn't he? Maybe he's outlived his usefulness, but Herm has been useless since he got here.

jb

Carls time is up and past due, ever since he made the Gun HC. Besides Green, over the past years how many QB's has carl had come to KC. Montana? Granted, he WAS a Great QB in his prime, and boy did he give us some really great games, "The blizzard Bowl, Montana vs Elway, what a Game and What an ending!" How about Bono, ah yes and then came ELVIS. need I say more. :lol:

greg3564
12-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Carls time is up and past due, ever since he made the Gun HC. Besides Green, over the past years how many QB's has carl had come to KC. Montana? Granted, he WAS a Great QB in his prime, and boy did he give us some really great games, "The blizzard Bowl, Montana vs Elway, what a Game and What an ending!" How about Bono, ah yes and then came ELVIS. need I say more. :lol:

Can't forget Rich Gannon. Oh, yeah, we let him go over Grbac. Never mind.

josh1971
12-15-2008, 05:00 PM

Carl's brought some other good folks besides QBs to KC, but yeah, it was mind-bending to watch guys like Bono get us a 13-3 record, a bye in the playoffs, and then... well, you know the outcome.

I will never, ever get the Grbac/Gannon thing. Ever.

But in the end, yes- it's probably time for fresh eyes and faces in the GM chair and head coaching slot. It's one thing to allow a guy to have a rebuilding phase (Herm), but it's another, time and again, to watch him making the horrible calls he makes.

jb

hardcorechiefsfan
12-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Can't forget Rich Gannon. Oh, yeah, we let him go over Grbac. Never mind.

Yeah, I could never understand why we kept Grbac since it was obvious that the fans didn't care much for him. I think it had to do with money, didn't we just give Grbac a big money contract right before or after Montana came/left. I do admit that Grbac was a great QB, just not very well liked.

tornadospotter
12-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I could never understand why we kept Grbac since it was obvious that the fans didn't care much for him. I think it had to do with money, didn't we just give Grbac a big money contract right before or after Montana came/left. I do admit that Grbac was a great QB, just not very well liked.
Grbac was a good QB skill wise, But Gannon was a Play maker and a leader!!!!
JMO