PDA

View Full Version : ***The Dark Cloud Reaction to Yet Another Dismal Loss Against the Chargers***

Chiefster
12-14-2008, 11:40 PM
You know the drill.

jap1
12-14-2008, 11:59 PM
1. Thiggie is still making "rookie" mistakes. Throwing that pick in the redzone was bad. TG was at least double covered. And running the ball when we are in the two minute drill with no TOs left? Throw the ball away if no one is open! It probably would not have made a difference, but bad "rookie" mistakes.

2. Utterly impotent offense in the 3rd quarter again, well most of the second half actually.

3. Defense apparently forgot to come back onto the field after halftime.

4. Down in the redzone twice with a missed FG and INT to show for it. The score should have been 27-3 at halftime, if not more.

5. The line is getting blown back on short yardage situations ... again.

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 12:01 AM
...And, Herm continues to display his idiocy!

TRB05
12-15-2008, 12:08 AM
...And, Herm continues to display his idiocy!

What did Herm do today to draw such criticism? Not just you by the way, all over the board, just curious if I missed something.

josh1971
12-15-2008, 12:47 AM
What did Herm do today to draw such criticism? Not just you by the way, all over the board, just curious if I missed something.

Well, you'd have to admit that as the head coach of the team, there is a lot of decision making and play calling that falls on him to be competent with. He just falls down on that.

He is just plain and simple an awful head coach. I still put today's loss on Connor Barth- missing a 34 yard FG???? Wow- how Justin Medlock of him.

I mean, we had 3 takeaways, and did sack the QB, so whatever shortcomings the defense had, they were at least putting in effort. Barth makes either one of his misses, KC wins.

JB

Three7s
12-15-2008, 01:38 AM
We had 4th and short at close to midfield, twice, early to mid 4th quarter, yet we decide to punt it rather than try to ice the game. Classic Herm.

Big Daddy Tek
12-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Herm this, Herm that. You guys make me sick. Jarad Page bites on play action in the redzone under 40 seconds left and gets burned for a touchdown like a complete moron, idiot, buffoon. Pat Surtain gets burned for a long bomb while we are playing 4 deep, which by the way is the only call to make at that time people. Barth misses 2 field goals, not 1, but 2 field goals. To top it all off, Dwayne Bowe fumbles the onside kick! What the heII are you guys smoking! What do you want to hear. Do you not know enough about the game to come up with any better solution? WE SHOULD HAVE WENT FOR IT ON 4TH AND 1 BOTH TIMES? You are way smarter than this 7's! You know that with a two score lead at home, with your defense playing great, you can never, ever, ever go for that. Chiefster smartin off about Herm idiocy? You wanna call Herm an idiot? great! He has been known to be a complete and utter idiot at times. Wait until he does that first though, OK? Dont, NOT WATCH THE GAME, and then get on this forum calling Herm an idiot.

Guru
12-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Herm this, Herm that. You guys make me sick. Jarad Page bites on play action in the redzone under 40 seconds left and gets burned for a touchdown like a complete moron, idiot, buffoon. Pat Surtain gets burned for a long bomb while we are playing 4 deep, which by the way is the only call to make at that time people. Barth misses 2 field goals, not 1, but 2 field goals. To top it all off, Dwayne Bowe fumbles the onside kick! What the heII are you guys smoking! What do you want to hear. Do you not know enough about the game to come up with any better solution? WE SHOULD HAVE WENT FOR IT ON 4TH AND 1 BOTH TIMES? You are way smarter than this 7's! You know that with a two score lead at home, with your defense playing great, you can never, ever, ever go for that. Chiefster smartin off about Herm idiocy? You wanna call Herm an idiot? great! He has been known to be a complete and utter idiot at times. Wait until he does that first though, OK? Dont, NOT WATCH THE GAME, and then get on this forum calling Herm an idiot.I was upset with Barth's first miss but also gave some slack because he was perfect up to that point. I will never fault a kicker for missing a 50 yarder though. Those are not gimme's.

I would like to see this team and coaching staff start playing football in the second half though. This is getting old fast.

TRB05
12-15-2008, 07:19 AM
We had 4th and short at close to midfield, twice, early to mid 4th quarter, yet we decide to punt it rather than try to ice the game. Classic Herm.

Tek beat me to it.

Herm this, Herm that. You guys make me sick. Jarad Page bites on play action in the redzone under 40 seconds left and gets burned for a touchdown like a complete moron, idiot, buffoon. Pat Surtain gets burned for a long bomb while we are playing 4 deep, which by the way is the only call to make at that time people. Barth misses 2 field goals, not 1, but 2 field goals. To top it all off, Dwayne Bowe fumbles the onside kick! What the heII are you guys smoking! What do you want to hear. Do you not know enough about the game to come up with any better solution? WE SHOULD HAVE WENT FOR IT ON 4TH AND 1 BOTH TIMES? You are way smarter than this 7's! You know that with a two score lead at home, with your defense playing great, you can never, ever, ever go for that. Chiefster smartin off about Herm idiocy? You wanna call Herm an idiot? great! He has been known to be a complete and utter idiot at times. Wait until he does that first though, OK? Dont, NOT WATCH THE GAME, and then get on this forum calling Herm an idiot.

To add to it though, we do have one of the better punters in the league also. Going for it on 4th down all the time is for playstation, it doesn't work in the NFL.

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 08:34 AM
It was the play calling on third and inches, both times, that I am referring too. We all knew he wouldn't go for it on fourth down.

Three7s
12-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Oh, come on, did you guys SEE the playcalling in the 2nd half? IT WAS A JOKE! We had TWO FIRST DOWNS in the 2nd half! I'll admit that I made bad judgement with the 4th down calls, but it was actually the plays leading up to those 4th downs that I'm mad about.

I won't even think about blaming the kicker. Those winds outside were ridiculous. I'd like to see anyone kick a 50 yarder in 30 mph gusts. If you took another look at it, off the leg it looks good, but the wind just took it and blew it to the left.

Bowe did drop the ball, I know that he's stunk this season, and I'm extremely disappointed in him.

Big Daddy Tek
12-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh, come on, did you guys SEE the playcalling in the 2nd half? IT WAS A JOKE! We had TWO FIRST DOWNS in the 2nd half! I'll admit that I made bad judgement with the 4th down calls, but it was actually the plays leading up to those 4th downs that I'm mad about.

I won't even think about blaming the kicker. Those winds outside were ridiculous. I'd like to see anyone kick a 50 yarder in 30 mph gusts. If you took another look at it, off the leg it looks good, but the wind just took it and blew it to the left.

Bowe did drop the ball, I know that he's stunk this season, and I'm extremely disappointed in him.

Agree with you on the second half offense. But you were talking about Herm, not Chan.

DMN
12-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I blame the coaching in the 2nd half... primarily the defensive play calls. Horrible clock management. How in the **** do you have the best pass rush we have had all season in the first half, and then follow it up with conservative rush four drop back into zone coverage defense. How does a good coach just watch the other team pick your secondary apart play after play and not make an adjustment? POOR COACHING! Plus the spread had better be gone by the start of next season... it is far to simple and ineffective. And for all of you about to defend it with "we put up so many points with it". Tell me once this season it has finished strong??? 2-12 with it as far as I am concerned.

Three7s
12-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Agree with you on the second half offense. But you were talking about Herm, not Chan.
Main reason is because I'm frustrated with 2nd half adjustments. I don't know what Herm and Chan do with that team in the locker, but it needs to be Herm's responsibility to go over what needs to be done in the 2nd half.

jmlamerson
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
I blame the coaching in the 2nd half... primarily the defensive play calls. Horrible clock management. How in the **** do you have the best pass rush we have had all season in the first half, and then follow it up with conservative rush four drop back into zone coverage defense. How does a good coach just watch the other team pick your secondary apart play after play and not make an adjustment? POOR COACHING! Plus the spread had better be gone by the start of next season... it is far to simple and ineffective. And for all of you about to defend it with "we put up so many points with it". Tell me once this season it has finished strong??? 2-12 with it as far as I am concerned.

The spread was a necessary evil this year. Given the crappiness of our OL, a regular NFL offense would have kept getting our remaining QBs killed. The spread was the only way for us to remain even slightly competitive, especially since our defense is one of the worst in the history of the NFL.

Now, the bad about the spread is that we lose the time of possession battle almost every game because we can't run time off the clock. We keep giving up big leads as our defense tires and their defense adapts.

I agree that we need a more regular offense next year, but we'll need to upgrade our OL before it can work.

josh1971
12-15-2008, 04:54 PM

Really? Because Connor didn't seem too bothered about the wind:

K CONNOR BARTH
On his two missed field goals: “The first one I took for granted. It was 34 yards and it was a chip shot. I did what I shouldn’t have done and that’s no excuse because this is my eighth game now and I’m not a rookie anymore. I put this on my shoulders today. On the 50-yarder the conditions were perfect. The offense got me down there, I had my chance and the wind was at my back. You couldn’t have asked for anything else. Unfortunately I didn’t put it through, but I’ll get it the next time.”

Bowe has 73 catches for 891 yards with 7 TDs. How exactly is that stinking? He still has two games to go, and so he'll probably end up with a 1000-yard season. Yeah he fumbled an onside kick. I'd invite any of you to take the hit he took while trying to handle an onside kick.

The problems with KC are many- Bowe isn't one of them. The SD game had a number of things where we blew it, but again, if Barth makes either of those FG attempts, it's a win.

jb

AkChief49
12-15-2008, 05:43 PM
2nd half with 3 three and outs and 2 3rd and 1's that did not convert. a 34 yd. field goal attempt should be 3 points. period! an interception in the end zone...did not get to see the game just reading the play by play. this and several other games shoulda, coulda, woulda....

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Main reason is because I'm frustrated with 2nd half adjustments. I don't know what Herm and Chan do with that team in the locker, but it needs to be Herm's responsibility to go over what needs to be done in the 2nd half.
In my eyes it the play calling in the second half. If they would move the ball around like we did in the first half woulda been a win!!!

Three7s
12-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Really? Because Connor didn't seem too bothered about the wind:

K CONNOR BARTH
On his two missed field goals: “The first one I took for granted. It was 34 yards and it was a chip shot. I did what I shouldn’t have done and that’s no excuse because this is my eighth game now and I’m not a rookie anymore. I put this on my shoulders today. On the 50-yarder the conditions were perfect. The offense got me down there, I had my chance and the wind was at my back. You couldn’t have asked for anything else. Unfortunately I didn’t put it through, but I’ll get it the next time.”

Bowe has 73 catches for 891 yards with 7 TDs. How exactly is that stinking? He still has two games to go, and so he'll probably end up with a 1000-yard season. Yeah he fumbled an onside kick. I'd invite any of you to take the hit he took while trying to handle an onside kick.

The problems with KC are many- Bowe isn't one of them. The SD game had a number of things where we blew it, but again, if Barth makes either of those FG attempts, it's a win.

jb
I know Bowe isn't the biggest problem, but Bowe is only behind Braylyn Edwards(sp) in most drops this seeason for a receiver, he has AT LEAST 1 a game! You can just tell by my sig that I'm a huge fan of Bowe, but I'm not gonna give ANYONE a free pass on this team, and that includes Bowe. He has been a disappointment from what I was expecting, IMO.

Oh, and of course I wouldn't be able to take that hit, seeing as how I'm not a pro football lplayer, but I doubt many players could seeing as how he jumped for a ball when it went right at his waist.

As for the kicker, I just felt it wasn't right to be too hard on him, if he wants to take the blame, then he just gained even more respect from me.

nigeriannightmare
12-15-2008, 06:35 PM
It was the play calling on third and inches, both times, that I am referring too. We all knew he wouldn't go for it on fourth down.

Since when has Larry ran better east to west verses north to south. It as if Herm didn't want to get the frist down. Larry should have gone up the middle on both of those. I think the Jamaal tried to run one outside as well. I really truly believe Herm didn't want to get those first downs.

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Since when has Larry ran better east to west verses north to south. It as if Herm didn't want to get the frist down. Larry should have gone up the middle on both of those. I think the Jamaal tried to run one outside as well. I really truly believe Herm didn't want to get those first downs.

I seriously can't stand him as a head coach.

nigeriannightmare
12-15-2008, 07:24 PM
I seriously can't stand him as a head coach.

Week in week out he proves us right. Gotta love him for that, I really don't like to be wrong, which happens more often than not.

jap1
12-15-2008, 08:13 PM

It looked to me more like the play was designed north to south, but they blew our O-line back and LJ tried to go outside. I might be wrong though.

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Week in week out he proves us right. Gotta love him for that, I really don't like to be wrong, which happens more often than not.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup!