PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and Best of Luck this weekend!

Fin Fan In Cali
12-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I just wanted to stop by in good sportsmanship, and say good luck this weekend. I am not here to talk smack, but to discuss football. We have our own site, and welcome opposing teams fans. It is ThePhins.com You will be treated with the utmost respect and appreciation. May the game this weekend be a great game with no injuries.:yahoo:I will be back after the game win or lose.

dolphindebby
12-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi, I followed John over for some talk also.
All of us at thephins.com love to talk and really welcome any visitors who like to have good conversations and no smack.
Here's to a good game and some good posts. :smile:

tornadospotter
12-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I just wanted to stop by in good sportsmanship, and say good luck this weekend. I am not here to talk smack, but to discuss football. We have our own site, and welcome opposing teams fans. It is ThePhins.com You will be treated with the utmost respect and appreciation. May the game this weekend be a great game with no injuries.:yahoo:I will be back after the game win or lose.

Hi, I followed John over for some talk also.
All of us at thephins.com love to talk and really welcome any visitors who like to have good conversations and no smack.
Here's to a good game and some good posts. :smile:
:welcome: to the Chiefs Crowd. We are a team that is sucking, but so were you last year, and so there is hope for us! Can we have Parcel for a year or two, as GM? :D We will trade you a NFL starting QB, a Backup QB that knows your turf, A experienced GM, and a young Head Coach! :D
:welcome:

Fin Fan In Cali
12-15-2008, 04:28 PM
:welcome: to the Chiefs Crowd. We are a team that is sucking, but so were you last year, and so there is hope for us! Can we have Parcel for a year or two, as GM?:D
:welcome:Things will get better. For Sister Debby and I and the rest of Dolphin fans, 1-15 last year was the hardest thing to go through, but we are still here. May this weekends game be a good one.:character00181:

JMDChiefs58
12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
This weekends game will not be a good one. The poorly coached Chiefs will blow it once again and then we will top off this sad sorry season with a loss to the Bengals.

dolphindebby
12-15-2008, 05:10 PM
:welcome: to the Chiefs Crowd. We are a team that is sucking, but so were you last year, and so there is hope for us! Can we have Parcel for a year or two, as GM? :D We will trade you a NFL starting QB, a Backup QB that knows your turf, A experienced GM, and a young Head Coach! :D
Thanks for the warm welcome.
After last year don't you think "we" need our new staff and fo? LOL
We still don't know how to handle all this. But it sure has been great to see them turn it around like they have.
They just seem to be playing with a lot of heart also.
Good luck to you guys , but I'm still hoping for a dolphin win. :D

Conuficus
12-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Hello All.

skp
12-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey there, another Dolphins fan checking in...

Just like the original poster said - I'm not here either to talk smack. I just came here to see what the discussion is like.

As for Sunday's game, don't count yourselves out. It is true that the Dolphins have a pretty decent record this season, which we are quite happy with after last season's disaster. Still, we still have *many* holes to fill and I, like most Dolphins fans, have a lot of apprehentions about this weekend's game. Do NOT sell yourselves short: although your record may say otherwise, your team is a FAR better team than your record shows.

Let's hope for a good game on Sunday, and if your team wins, I'll be the first to congratulate you (after sobbing in my beer for a bit about the missed playoffs that we have no business being in anyway)

skp
12-15-2008, 10:49 PM

Quite honestly... While Parcells deserves a lot of credit for recruiting our head coach and our GM, I think they deserve more credit for our recent success than Parcells does.

Sooo... I think we'll pass on the QBs, but anything else up for trade? :D

Canada
12-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Larry Johnson

Conuficus
12-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Only if I can have his Bentley.

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Welcome aboard the Crowd you two fin lovin fans; make yourselves at home here! Ain't football the best game on earth! :)

Conuficus
12-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Two? Geesh, I don't count?

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Two? Geesh, I don't count?

Sorry about that dude I didn't see ya there. Last but not least! :)

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 11:07 PM

Here, here! :bananen_smilies046:

skp
12-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Welcome aboard the Crowd you two fin lovin fans; make yourselves at home here! Ain't football the best game on earth! :)

Thank you for the kind welcome, and yes it is! :)

- Especially, as I'm hoping you guys will see, since every season is different, no matter what your current record says!

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Thank you for the kind welcome, and yes it is! :)

- Especially, as I'm hoping you guys will see, since every season is different, no matter what your current record says!

Very true! Sometimes it's all about weathering the storm.

I gotta go, but I will be checking out your site tomorrow and look forward to conversing with some fellow football fanatics!

:bananen_smilies046:

skp
12-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Very true! Sometimes it's all about weathering the storm.

I gotta go, but I will be checking out your site tomorrow and look forward to conversing with some fellow football fanatics!

:bananen_smilies046:
Yep. We caught a pretty bad one last year, but then it IS Florida...

texaschief
12-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Larry Johnson

+1

I for one am happy for the Dolphins this year. I really hope they make the playoffs. Get ready for a win this week that will give your team confidence going into the playoffs. Don't get disheartened when the Chiefs get up early and dominate the first half. Every week, they find new ways to lose games they should win. An incredible come back victory for Miami will go a long way toward building team unity for a good playoff run. Congrats.

skp
12-15-2008, 11:41 PM
+1

I for one am happy for the Dolphins this year. I really hope they make the playoffs. Get ready for a win this week that will give your team confidence going into the playoffs. Don't get disheartened when the Chiefs get up early and dominate the first half. Every week, they find new ways to lose games they should win. An incredible come back victory for Miami will go a long way toward building team unity for a good playoff run. Congrats.

Sounds like last year's Dolphins. :(
That said, thank you very much for saying that, and here's to hoping your team will see similar improvement next year!

But again, don't sell yourselves short. Facing your team at Arrowhead in December is no joke! Plus again keep in mind: we still have a LOT of holes to fill, AND we lost of couple of starters to injuries in the last few games.

texaschief
12-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Sounds like last year's Dolphins. :(
That said, thank you very much for saying that, and here's to hoping your team will see similar improvement next year!

But again, don't sell yourselves short. Facing your team at Arrowhead in December is no joke! Plus again keep in mind: we still have a LOT of holes to fill, AND we lost of couple of starters to injuries in the last few games.

I'm sorry to hear that. If there's one thing I hate most, it's mediocrity. The Chiefs were stuck in .500 hell for two decades with Peterson. At least now, they've been bad for two years consecutively and are in position to build this team with consecutive great drafts. I hate hearing a team as good as y'alls still has numerous holes to fill. The worst thing that could've happened for the Chiefs is if we had won 7 or so games and missed the playoffs and received a draft position in the teens. While we do have a few holes to fill, we are in a great position to be able to fill each and every one of them this off season. We've got 127million in cap room and a top 5 draft spot. As a team with holes, we couldn't ask for more.

I feel sorry for the Raiders. They're bad for all the wrong reasons. Just like the Dolphins and Chiefs were last year. But the AFC West is thankful Al Davis resides in our division. To be THAT bad with zero cap room is inexcusable. I really wish the best for the Dolphins this season because I'm afraid y'all might have slipped into that .500 no-man's land that is extremely difficult to climb out of.

skp
12-16-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. If there's one thing I hate most, it's mediocrity. The Chiefs were stuck in .500 hell for two decades with Peterson. At least now, they've been bad for two years consecutively and are in position to build this team with consecutive great drafts. I hate hearing a team as good as y'alls still has numerous holes to fill. The worst thing that could've happened for the Chiefs is if we had won 7 or so games and missed the playoffs and received a draft position in the teens. While we do have a few holes to fill, we are in a great position to be able to fill each and every one of them this off season. We've got 127million in cap room and a top 5 draft spot. As a team with holes, we couldn't ask for more.

I feel sorry for the Raiders. They're bad for all the wrong reasons. Just like the Dolphins and Chiefs were last year. But the AFC West is thankful Al Davis resides in our division. To be THAT bad with zero cap room is inexcusable. I really wish the best for the Dolphins this season because I'm afraid y'all might have slipped into that .500 no-man's land that is extremely difficult to climb out of.

No seriously. We were 1-15 last year. We were the worst team in football. We had so many holes to fill, it was not ever going to happen in one year.
I think most (realistic) fans hoped for us to finish 6-10 or 7-9 at best and then maybe be contenders after another 1 or 2 drafts. So to be where we're at now is just amazing, and regardless of next week or the one thereafter, we're just happy to be along for the ride right now.
Playoffs? Sure, a lot of fans have started expecting that in the last few weeks, and it would be really nice to give our rookies a taste of them, but realistically, we're not ready for them.

From what you are saying, I think you guys could do pretty well next year if you find a good GM and get some good picks in the draft.

tornadospotter
12-16-2008, 12:48 AM
While I wish the Chiefs to win, I must say I like how your team has made it happen, I think we are both in a rebuild mode. You have jump started it better, I think we can beat you, maybe, I hope!!!

Did I see a Canada post in this thread?
I hope so!

hardcorechiefsfan
12-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Hi and good luck this weekend although I think the chiefs are the ones that are going to need the luck.

skp
12-16-2008, 01:24 AM
[quote=tornadospotter;108895]While I wish the Chiefs to win, I must say I like how your team has made it happen, I think we are both in a rebuild mode. You have jump started it better, I think we can beat you, maybe, I hope!!!
quote]

Oh you can. And we're worried. Needless to say I do obviously hope for a win, if nothing else but so that we can at least have a chance of keeping our hated arch rivals, the jets, out of the playoffs in week 17. :)
But, I do look forward to a good game, and I do think you guys have a good chance! May the best team win on Sunday! It should be an exciting game to watch! :)

tornadospotter
12-16-2008, 01:41 AM
[quote=tornadospotter;108895]While I wish the Chiefs to win, I must say I like how your team has made it happen, I think we are both in a rebuild mode. You have jump started it better, I think we can beat you, maybe, I hope!!!
quote]

Oh you can. And we're worried. Needless to say I do obviously hope for a win, if nothing else but so that we can at least have a chance of keeping our hated arch rivals, the jets, out of the playoffs in week 17. :)
But, I do look forward to a good game, and I do think you guys have a good chance! May the best team win on Sunday! It should be an exciting game to watch! :)
Well to a great game, with no injuries!:bananen_smilies046:

Fin Fan In Cali
12-16-2008, 04:27 AM
Hello All.Brother Conuficus here writes great articles on what each team needs to do for a win. He does a real good job of writing them from a fan being in the middle of the road. He does this weekly for our site, and does an awesome job.:bananen_smilies046:

Sn@keIze
12-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Im happy for you fins out there the way you turned things around from last year.

We're in the same boat too as far as being too long to win a superbowl.

That being said, the Chiefs have new life after our evil emperor has been defeated after his 20 year reign of suckness and will play with a different attitude. Id hate to be facing this chiefs team come sunday..........Sorry Fins, your playoffs hopes end Sunday!:D

Chiefster
12-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Im happy for you fins out there the way you turned things around from last year.

That being said, the Chiefs have new life after our evil emperor has been defeated after his 20 year reign of suckness and will play with a different attitude. Id hate to be facing this chiefs team come sunday..........Sorry Fins, your playoffs hopes end Sunday!:D

Momma told me: "Never count your chickens before they hatch. :11: :D

Conuficus
12-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Brother Conuficus here writes great articles on what each team needs to do for a win. He does a real good job of writing them from a fan being in the middle of the road. He does this weekly for our site, and does an awesome job.:bananen_smilies046:
Thanks FFIC - I'll be posting it here soon. I will actually be at the game this week so that should be fun - provided I can feel my face. :lol:

Don't worry Chiefster I am just jerking you chain a little. Gotta have fun out there.

tornadospotter
12-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks FFIC - I'll be posting it here soon. I will actually be at the game this week so that should be fun - provided I can feel my face. :lol:

Don't worry Chiefster I am just jerking you chain a little. Gotta have fun out there.
If you think you have enough warm clothes for the game, add more! :11:

Fin Fan In Cali
12-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks to brothers Canada, and Chiefster for stopping by. Good to have you over there, and your insights to the game.

John

huck1974
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
will be stupid cold with below freezing wind chill. I'm going to stay in town for this one. Hope for a good game and go phins! congrats on the peterson firing!

Chiefster
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
will be stupid cold with below freezing wind chill. I'm going to stay in town for this one. Hope for a good game and go phins! congrats on the peterson firing!

Why thank you sir! :D

Chiefster
12-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks to brothers Canada, and Chiefster for stopping by. Good to have you over there, and your insights to the game.

John

...and to you as well! :)

Fin Fan In Cali
12-16-2008, 09:04 PM
How long do you think it will be before Herm is shown the door?

Conuficus
12-16-2008, 09:46 PM

I wouldn't either - 127 million in cap room. Dam who don't you think you can sign? Holy ****.

Get Carl Peterson to run the Federal Reserve. If he can save that kind of money, everyone is safe. :up:

J/K man - you'll find I have a sarcastic sense of humor, in a good way.

texaschief
12-17-2008, 05:11 AM
I wouldn't either - 127 million in cap room. Dam who don't you think you can sign? Holy ****.

Get Carl Peterson to run the Federal Reserve. If he can save that kind of money, everyone is safe. :up:

J/K man - you'll find I have a sarcastic sense of humor, in a good way.

I was joking... but not by much. I realized after i posted that number that it was actually close enough to reality to not actually be taken as sarcasm. We'll probably only have half that. :lol:

Conuficus
12-17-2008, 07:09 AM
I was joking... but not by much. I realized after i posted that number that it was actually close enough to reality to not actually be taken as sarcasm. We'll probably only have half that. :lol:

Any time you have over 20 million in cap room you're pretty much free to do what you want - within reason in FA. I wouldn't go Nate Clements on somebody, but you get the idea.

Chiefster
12-17-2008, 08:41 AM
How long do you think it will be before Herm is shown the door?

It couldn't be soon enough to suit me, however; it may well depend on who the new GM is, although Clark Hunt seems to be enamored with him.

Xeticus
12-17-2008, 02:27 PM
I've been a member here for a few months and I have to say Chiefs fans are much, much nicer than most of the teams we play against. You should check out a jets or patriots fan forum sometime. Yeesh! Anyway here's to a good clean game.

I'm really hopeful for a good recovery for the Chiefs. What's happened to the Chiefs and recently to the Dolphins is that it shows how important a good GM and good coach are to a franchise. More important than any one player on the field. If the Chiefs get a great GM and an elite level coach like maybe Cowher then you can see a major turn around.

Anyway good game sunday and here's to a Chief's rebirth!!!

Chiefster
12-17-2008, 09:13 PM

Ya chain jerker you! :lol:

Conuficus
12-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Ya chain jerker you! :lol:

You think I'm jerking your chain now?

Wait until you see the 8 page game breakdown I have written for this week. That's jerking your chain.

Chiefster
12-17-2008, 09:57 PM

Wait until you see the 8 page game breakdown I have written for this week. That's jerking your chain.

:lol: :lol:

Lookin forward to it. :D

Conuficus
12-17-2008, 10:37 PM
I like to post them in the opposing team's MB so as to get feedback from the fans. I like to see what my accuracy level is in terms of assessing the talent on the roster, matchups etc.

I am trying to get better at these, and hopefully get some discussion going in the process.

huck1974
12-17-2008, 10:37 PM

Looking forward to your writeup con.

Conuficus
12-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Looking forward to your writeup con.

I have submitted it to Muck at ThePhins, so once he is done adding pictures etc. it gets posted. That should be tomorrow, and then I can post the link.

Makes it easier than trying to squeeze it all in a regular forum page.

Chiefster
12-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I like to post them in the opposing team's MB so as to get feedback from the fans. I like to see what my accuracy level is in terms of assessing the talent on the roster, matchups etc.

I am trying to get better at these, and hopefully get some discussion going in the process.

You have come to the right place my friend! :D

skp
12-17-2008, 11:59 PM

Oh crap, I knew it... :(

Ah well, it's been a good season. :)

Big Daddy Tek
12-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Oh, Im sorry I forgot to give you guys my welcome to Chiefscrowd. Hows this, I hope we kick the living sh!t out of you bass terds on Sunday and I hope Tamba Hali breaks one of Penningtons weak a$$ arms. Your playoff hopes will be gone after Sunday. I heard Marino was feeding Shula through a straw and he was in diapers, is that true? HAHAHAHA!

P.S. Your more than welcome to completly destroy my self esteem if we gat crushed.

skp
12-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Oh, Im sorry I forgot to give you guys my welcome to Chiefscrowd. Hows this, I hope we kick the living sh!t out of you bass terds on Sunday and I hope Tamba Hali breaks one of Penningtons weak a$$ arms. Your playoff hopes will be gone after Sunday. I heard Marino was feeding Shula through a straw and he was in diapers, is that true? HAHAHAHA!

P.S. Your more than welcome to completly destroy my self esteem if we gat crushed.

Actually I believe you're misinformed. Last I heard, Marino was in rehab trying to kick his cocaine habit and he was in no way in shape to change Shula's diapers.
That said, I'll accept your invitation and I will be back to ridicule you, should we win on Sunday. :)

Oh and by the way. I don't think Pennington's arms CAN be broken. See, they're made of spaghetti so they just sort of fold. It's just another one of many advantages we get from our new QB!

Big Daddy Tek
12-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Actually I believe you're misinformed. Last I heard, Marino was in rehab trying to kick his cocaine habit and he was in no way in shape to change Shula's diapers.
That said, I'll accept your invitation and I will be back to ridicule you, should we win on Sunday. :)

Oh and by the way. I don't think Pennington's arms CAN be broken. See, they're made of spaghetti so they just sort of fold. It's just another one of many advantages we get from our new QB!

hahahahahahaha

Fin Fan In Cali
12-18-2008, 03:30 PM

Oh and by the way. I don't think Pennington's arms CAN be broken. See, they're made of spaghetti so they just sort of fold. It's just another one of many advantages we get from our new QB!This is why they play the game!