PDA

View Full Version : It's Over: Carl Is Gone!!!!!!!!!

Darth CarlSatan
12-15-2008, 05:20 PM
HE'S GONE!!!!!!!!!

At the end of this season!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...ry/937972.html (http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/937972.html)

fairladyZ
12-15-2008, 05:29 PM
YES!:bananen_smilies046:
i just saw the breaking news on nfl network!

jb908
12-15-2008, 05:36 PM
There Is A God

jerhart
12-15-2008, 05:38 PM
That link isnt working.

This is a real cruel joke if this isnt true. If it is true. Well it is the best xmas present this year!

Darth CarlSatan
12-15-2008, 05:43 PM
That link isnt working.

This is a real cruel joke if this isnt true. If it is true. Well it is the best xmas present this year!

Oh it is VERY true. And it is COMPLETELY OVER; NO GM JOB, MANAGER, OR OTHERWISE.

It's a complete FINISH, IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY.

RedJohnson
12-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!!!!

It's a beautiful day in KC!!!!!!

Guru
12-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Let the party begin. This is soooo long overdue it is not even funny. time to break open the bubbly.

RedJohnson
12-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I literally jumped out of my seat running for the radio when I saw that scroll across the screen!!!!

jmlamerson
12-15-2008, 05:52 PM
This means Herm's gone too. This is by far the highlight of the Chiefs season, right here.

jerhart
12-15-2008, 05:56 PM
This is great....bring in the Chin!

Guru
12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
The ultimate Christmas gift!!!!!

Vandelay
12-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Thank God. Finally. Maybe this team can finally move forward.:bananen_smilies046:

Darth CarlSatan
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM
It is a beautiful day.

Guru
12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Don't let it get away.

leoness8
hahahaha this is hilarious....these posts just get better and better

JMDChiefs58
Just heard the good news on the NFL Network. I screamed so loud my throat hurts!!!

Now get Herm out of there as well.

mudslapper
12-15-2008, 06:11 PM
This is the greatest early Christmas present ever!!!!

Three7s
12-15-2008, 06:13 PM
YES!!!! THIS HAS MADE MY SEASON!! :yahoo:

nigeriannightmare
12-15-2008, 06:13 PM
A moment of silence for the late Queen Carl, if you would please...someone pass me a beer or 9 please!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
12-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Beautiful, this makes the swallowing of the bitter pill of this season so much more easier to take. Now if Herman would take that job at San Diego State.

ChiefsGal
12-15-2008, 06:23 PM
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
WOO HOO!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS KANSAS CITY!!!!!!

m0ef0e
12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I can't believe he actually resigned... I'm really almost in a state of shock. Tonight will be a night of much celebration. Let the festivities begin!

Miller
12-15-2008, 06:37 PM
That is the greatest news ever!!!

Guru
12-15-2008, 06:43 PM
I can't believe he actually resigned... I'm really almost in a state of shock. Tonight will be a night of much celebration. Let the festivities begin!
He didn't resign by choice. Trust me.

PawnshopMarimba
12-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Wow! I never would've believed this were possible. Thank you Clark Hunt for a truly fantastic Christmas present to the entire Chiefs Nation!

Grey144
12-15-2008, 06:49 PM
This is indeed some of the best Chiefs news I have heard in awhile. However I hate to dampen things but lets not get way way way excited since Mr. Hunt is an unknown as to who he is going to bring in. It is still great news but now we have to wait to see who clark hunt replaces him with. I can only hope it will be someone better but we just do not know yet.

Let's also hope that Herm Edwards joins him on his cruise to Unemployia.

PawnshopMarimba
12-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I only wish I could've been a fly on the wall when the news was delivered. Carl's an arrogant man by nature, so I can't help but wonder if he took a few parting verbal shots at anyone...

nigeriannightmare
12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
He didn't resign by choice. Trust me.

Maybe Clark does have some stones and cares about the Chiefs, I for sure thought that Clark was gonna let him fill out his contract. He resigned from all three positions right, so that means he won't even oversee the rennovations at Arrowhead?

Who's on the short list, anybody know.

slc chief
12-15-2008, 07:25 PM
thank god woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo it is finally over christmas came early

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-15-2008, 07:43 PM
the guy on espn just since cark is gone that herms job is in jepordy and could be gone after this season...wooooohhhhhhooooooo be gone!

jap1
12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Im so excited. I dont know what to do. Its like a beam of sunlight representing hope is now shining down upon all of us in the Chiefs Nation. I dont even know how to celebrate... hmm I have an idea ...
:bananen_smilies046: :yahoo: :toast2: :yahoo: :drunkhb: :beer:

leaves
12-15-2008, 08:49 PM
christmas just came early. herms def. not sold on his job anymore. I hope this doesnt sell out Thigpen and the rookie players' experience though. These things tend to change everything.

tammietailgator
12-15-2008, 08:51 PM
OMG - I was at work when I heard the news... I was actually in an exam room with the vet and heard the receptionist yell it in the lobby! We all (including the clients!) started high fiving!!!!! :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_s milies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_s milies046:

PawnshopMarimba
12-15-2008, 08:59 PM
OMG - I was at work when I heard the news... I was actually in an exam room with the vet and heard the receptionist yell it in the lobby! We all (including the clients!) started high fiving!!!!! :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_s milies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_s milies046:

Amazing how one man (getting fired) can bring so many people together, eh?
Cheers!

tornadospotter
12-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Beautiful, this makes the swallowing of the bitter pill of this season so much more easier to take. Now if Herman would take that job at San Diego State.
Yes that would make this season a blessing.

jerhart
12-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes that would make this season a blessing.

...nothing is perfect as for San Diego State has already found their new HC. And sadly it's not Herm.

Big Daddy Tek
12-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Wow. Im shocked. I really hope we get a great GM. They said Herms future is in the hands of the new GM. However it works out, I hope the youngsters stick together. Does this mean that we actually get free agents this year? That would be awsome!!!!

tornadospotter
12-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I must say now, I am totally surprised by this news, I figured, and have stated on this forum, that cp would be the gm until the end of his contract and when Arrowhead renovations were done. Maybe Clark has found his?..............

Darth CarlSatan
12-15-2008, 09:21 PM
christmas just came early. herms def. not sold on his job anymore. I hope this doesnt sell out Thigpen and the rookie players' experience though. These things tend to change everything.

Wow. Im shocked. I really hope we get a great GM. They said Herms future is in the hands of the new GM. However it works out, I hope the youngsters stick together. Does this mean that we actually get free agents this year? That would be awsome!!!!

There's something in the midst of all these personnel woes that everybody tends to forget; it's the players who eventually step up and say "This is MY team and MY House".
Today's personnel decision only brings that day closer.

tammietailgator
12-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Did you all know that every time a bell rings.... an angel gets its wings! Did you also know that when that same bell rings .... Clark gets his ...... !:lol:

Darth CarlSatan
12-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Did you all know that every time a bell rings.... an angel gets its wings! Did you also know that when that same bell rings .... Clark gets his ...... !:lol:

Indeed!

We may have an owner yet!:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
12-15-2008, 09:41 PM
:sign0153: you can say it Tammie :D.
In all of this hype, let us not forget, it was long overdue!:11:

tammietailgator
12-15-2008, 09:48 PM
BALLS!!!!

Ok, I said it.... every time a bell rings Clark gets his balls!!

:yahoo: That felt good

josh1971
12-15-2008, 10:01 PM
I will jump in with some good cheer. I think it's great that the franchise will get some much needed freshness at the president/GM level, but let's hope that this wipes away the rest of the bad remnants (meaning- Herm). Maybe Clark reads boards like this, and after so much of it, he just had to act.

For whatever reason this all happened, I hope the Chiefs get a GM actually committed to winning. Maybe that will require a head coach that knows how to do that.

JB

Chiefs 4
12-15-2008, 10:02 PM
The timing is good. Let's not forget that before Carl Peterson got here and hired Schottenheimer, this was just about the sorriest franchise in the NFL. The Chiefs never made it to a Super Bowl with Peterson in charge, though two 13-3 records and a bunch of playoff appearances in the 90's weren't bad. But it became evident that he couldn't push the right buttons to get the Chiefs over the hump. Vermeil was a decent try---but when he hired Herman Edwards, it became obvious that this has passed him by---that he was in his own world, stuck in Philadelphia, circa 1980. Maybe the nostalgia made him feel good, but the decision to bring Herman Edwards in set the Kansas City Chiefs back about 5 years. It's really a damn shame. Now, the GM and Coach must both go. This means we'll be starting over, and with the current young roster, we might as well be an expansion team. Yes folks, forget the "close" games. When you win 2 games, you have a very bad team. Make no mistake---we have a few good parts, but a really bad football team, soon to be without a GM and hopefully without a coach. Like I said, an expansion project. Good news is that today, you can build fast. Even dating back to Jimmy Johnson in Dallas, you could go from 1-15 to playoffs in a few years.

PawnshopMarimba
12-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Yup, The Miami Dolphins continue to be a beacon of hope, as they seem to have turned their completely HOPELESS franchise around in one off season.

Darth CarlSatan
12-15-2008, 10:05 PM
CRANK IT!

YouTube - Kiss Rock And Roll All Ningth MTV VMAS

josh1971
12-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Two of my favorite things, Darth! Thank ye!

Coach
12-15-2008, 10:10 PM
CP made several bad decisions that led to his demise. The huge contract that he gave LJ. The way he handled the Jared Allen situation. The way he handled the Trent green situation. The way he handled the Tony Gonzalez situation this season. The hiring of Herm. I could go on, but I'd rather move on.

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Let the party begin. This is soooo long overdue it is not even funny. time to break open the bubbly.

Happy days are here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 10:19 PM
CP made several bad decisions that led to his demise. The huge contract that he gave LJ. The way he handled the Jared Allen situation. The way he handled the Trent green situation. The way he handled the Tony Gonzalez situation this season. The hiring of Herm. I could go on, but I'd rather move on.

Yup, this could span two decades.

Sn@keIze
12-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Everybody pop one open.

Whether you're a beer drinker, wine, liquoir..whatever.

This is a special day.

Darth CarlSatan
12-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Two of my favorite things, Darth! Thank ye!

Hee-hee!!!

It sure feels like a 1978 Christmas with a tree piled to the ceiling with Star Wars toys and KISS records, don't it?!

:bananen_smilies046::yahoo::bananen_smilies046:

Darth CarlSatan
12-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Yup, this could span two decades.

:lol::lol::lol: Niiiice...

Chiefster
12-15-2008, 10:30 PM
:lol::lol::lol: Niiiice...

Calls 'em like I sees 'em! :D

hermhater
12-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Everybody pop one open.

Whether you're a beer drinker, wine, liquoir..whatever.

This is a special day.

I'm right there with ya!

:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
12-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Me too!!!:bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

Eydugstr
12-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Well Carl, the bad news is you have to pack up.

The good news is that you have some fans willing to pitch in and help.

:mob: <-the fans

tornadospotter
12-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Well Carl, the bad news is you have to pack up.

The good news is that you have some fans willing to pitch in and help.

:mob: <-the fans
Please let me know when the party is and if I need to bring soap or scrub brushes, to make sure it is all clean.:D

PawnshopMarimba
12-16-2008, 01:40 AM
Please let me know when the party is and if I need to bring soap or scrub brushes, to make sure it is all clean.:D

It might take some serious Scrubbing Bubbles to clean up all the arrogance that oozed off of that man for the past 2 decades.

jap1
12-16-2008, 01:41 AM

I think you will need something more than scrub brushes. I was thinking something along the lines of an industrial strength sandblaster and industrial strength bleach may start to get the stench of failure out of that office. :lol:

Eydugstr
12-16-2008, 01:49 AM

Just bring hotdogs and marshmallows. Bonfires don't require any cleaning.
:bananen_smilies046:

brish
12-16-2008, 02:03 AM
F'ing awesome!! :yahoo:

Chiefster
12-16-2008, 07:10 AM
I think you will need something more than scrub brushes. I was thinking something along the lines of an industrial strength sandblaster and industrial strength bleach may start to get the stench of failure out of that office. :lol:

Nuke it from orbit; it's the only way to be sure. :D

Seek
12-16-2008, 07:13 AM
I just listended to Clark Hunt this morning. I was too busy at work yesterday to here all the detail, but it sound like Clark has heard the fans. He basically said everything that I have been saying since before this season started.

Just wished he realized it sooner.

windwalker
12-16-2008, 07:49 AM

Resignations are quite often a nice option to being

FLAT FIRED

windwalker
12-16-2008, 08:01 AM
This is indeed some of the best Chiefs news I have heard in awhile. However I hate to dampen things but lets not get way way way excited since Mr. Hunt is an unknown as to who he is going to bring in. It is still great news but now we have to wait to see who clark hunt replaces him with. I can only hope it will be someone better but we just do not know yet.

Let's also hope that Herm Edwards joins him on his cruise to Unemployia.

I just had an awful thought.... what if they just move Herm upstairs??? That would make both our wishes come true.. new GM and new coach... but not what I would like to see...

tornadospotter
12-16-2008, 09:35 AM
I just had an awful thought.... what if they just move Herm upstairs??? That would make both our wishes come true.. new GM and new coach... but not what I would like to see...
Scrub those thoughts away, before it starts a bad infection!:11: :D

tornadospotter
12-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Resignations are quite often a nice option to being

FLAT FIRED

And some thing to do with feathers.

jerhart
12-16-2008, 09:37 AM

Not gonna happen. Clark found his ballz yesterday. :sign0098:

tornadospotter
12-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Not gonna happen. Clark found his ballz yesterday. :sign0098:
Yep, and maybe they are not white with black spots on them.:D

dbolan
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
This is just the beginning of the end. In order for it to "be over", Herm must go and Marty or Cowher should enter.

At a minimum..Herm gone and a good, solid, gritty coach at the helm.

Darth CarlSatan
12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
With Carl gone, expect a Marty/Bill Combo to be given serious consideration.
Clark's comments today alone lean to one of those two guys being approached.

Elkins10
12-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Chiefs fans finally have a newspaper to frame! Check this out!
http://goodbyecarl.com (I thought you might like this. Chiefs fans finally have a newspaper to frame!
http://goodbyecarl.com)

drstandley31
12-16-2008, 08:50 PM
We had some good debates on this forum, and one of them was the voice of the fan. If you don't go to the game, if you don't buy all the crap, not only Chiefs tickets/food/parking, etc.. but not buying hotel rooms, dinners, rental cars. All that is huge pressure. It is a business, and by us just saying NO... or in our case F NO, it had to happen. Did you see the stands in that game Sunday? Empty. I hated losing, but if that's what it finally took, then so be it.

anejfan
12-16-2008, 09:20 PM
With Carl gone, expect a Marty/Bill Combo to be given serious consideration.
Clark's comments today alone lean to one of those two guys being approached.
Marty was a good coach but does that equate to a great GM? I think Clark should look at the Patriots Asst GM. He has proven experience. Sorry I don't remember the guys name at the moment.

Big Daddy Tek
12-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Marty isnt even in consideration guys. I said this on the other thread also, The chiefscrowd homepage has an article with just about all of the guys that you would want to sign as GM. PersonallyI would like Floyd Reese or Scott Pioli.

Pro_Angler
12-16-2008, 09:28 PM
chin gm/coach then he might take the job otherwise never ever

Darth CarlSatan
12-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Marty isnt even in consideration guys. I said this on the other thread also, The chiefscrowd homepage has an article with just about all of the guys that you would want to sign as GM. PersonallyI would like Floyd Reese or Scott Pioli.

The most solid candidate I've heard of so far is the Pittsburgh guy.
If he comes, Cowher might come with him depending upon their working relationship, and Cowher's desire to Coach again.

jtandcrew
12-17-2008, 09:56 AM
:yahoo: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

tornadospotter
12-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Rumor has Marty in KC right now and going to meet with Clark.