PDA

View Full Version : Pioli....I'll take him!

jerhart
12-16-2008, 08:05 AM
...NE has proven in the past decade that they know how to build a championship squad. And this is one of the main men who came up with the winning equation!

http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/938759.html

I will take him! :bananen_smilies046:

I feel like I am xmas shopping now!...with Clark's money...and my opinion has about as much weight as the dog sh!t in the back of my yard! :lol: Oh well! What a great morning!

leaves
12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
this isn't going to happen. Why would Pioli leave NE for KC... but on the off chance he does, great I guess. He's an alma mater at my college.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-16-2008, 01:07 PM
We have already played this game when we got Vermiell but he didn't take us to the SB like he did with St. Louis and whoever else he did it for. What we got to show for it was a bunch of players whose heads grew big(Jared Allen, LJ, Dante Hall and whoever else forgot how to play team ball. We got rid of Dante Hall, good riddance! After he did the late shows he just didn't do very well. Of course, Jared Allen could have been taught team basics again and he would of been ok. LJ - obviously when he can't get what he wants he doesn't play his best.

nigeriannightmare
12-16-2008, 02:17 PM
this isn't going to happen. Why would Pioli leave NE for KC... but on the off chance he does, great I guess. He's an alma mater at my college.

I would think it is going to be hard to lure anyone to KC. Small market, out of the media spotligh so to speak, going to take a very lucrative deal, IMO. To get some of the that New England team first mentality and knowledge would be awesome though. Nothing like having someone rebuild a team that has done it before, especially when they have helped build a dynasty.

jerhart
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
I would think it is going to be hard to lure anyone to KC. Small market, out of the media spotligh so to speak, going to take a very lucrative deal, IMO. To get some of the that New England team first mentality and knowledge would be awesome though. Nothing like having someone rebuild a team that has done it before, especially when they have helped build a dynasty.

I disagree, Pioli interviewed for the Atlanta position last year. As for small market, the Chiefs are head and shoulders above the falcons when it comes to a storied franchise. Pioli rejected the job not because of money....so no it wont take a lucrative deal to get him here....he just wanted more control than the falcons were offering him. Carl's job is a whole lot more attractive in that he would have all that control over the organization compared to what he would have had at Atlanta.

So I think Pioli is a very real possibility. A lot of responsibility comes with Carls position and that is what Pioli wants.

jap1
12-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I disagree, Pioli interviewed for the Atlanta position last year. As for small market, the Chiefs are head and shoulders above the falcons when it comes to a storied franchise. Pioli rejected the job not because of money....so no it wont take a lucrative deal to get him here....he just wanted more control than the falcons were offering him. Carl's job is a whole lot more attractive in that he would have all that control over the organization compared to what he would have had at Atlanta.

So I think Pioli is a very real possibility. A lot of responsibility comes with Carls position and that is what Pioli wants.

Clark Hunt has said that he is going to choose two people to replace Carl, one for the GM duties and one for the business duties.

slc chief
12-16-2008, 07:23 PM

he is looking for a challenge and actually his name is flying all over about the job

We have already played this game when we got Vermiell but he didn't take us to the SB like he did with St. Louis and whoever else he did it for. What we got to show for it was a bunch of players whose heads grew big(Jared Allen, LJ, Dante Hall and whoever else forgot how to play team ball. We got rid of Dante Hall, good riddance! After he did the late shows he just didn't do very well. Of course, Jared Allen could have been taught team basics again and he would of been ok. LJ - obviously when he can't get what he wants he doesn't play his best.

there is no comparison these two guys one of them builds teams the other coaches

new england was never a big market untill their currant status

jmlamerson
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM

The Pats weren't a very good team, but New England/Boston is a huge market. KC is much smaller in population and revenue.

If KC were a championship team, we would be a San Antonio Spurs sort of champion, not a Boston Celtics/LA Lakers sort fo champion.

nigeriannightmare
12-16-2008, 07:47 PM

Uhhh... kansas city has the chiefs and the royals. Boston has the celics, the patriots, the red sox, the bruins, not to menion a host of divisoin 1 schools.

This was what I was referring to, boston has the nba champions had the suberbowl and world series champions. A little bit more prestige in Boston than KC. I love KC, but as a paid professional it would take one hell of a deal to lure me away from a city with the stature Boston has.

slc chief
12-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Uhhh... kansas city has the chiefs and the royals. Boston has the celics, the patriots, the red sox, the bruins, not to menion a host of divisoin 1 schools.

This was what I was referring to, boston has the nba champions had the suberbowl and world series champions. A little bit more prestige in Boston than KC. I love KC, but as a paid professional it would take one hell of a deal to lure me away from a city with the stature Boston has.

that is wear the confusion was. i was talking about football in general.the patriots were a nobody untill this last run. they were the bengals of their time

theaxeeffect4311
12-17-2008, 03:39 AM
I think that people would be willing to take a shot in KC because of the conditions. Money, young players, plenty of cap room, and the possibility to bring in coaching. It's not the ideal circumstances, but it's very appealing to someone who wants to become a GM.