PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Signing Darius Gives Defense Another Boost

Sweets
07-15-2007, 08:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/OAK

Oakland allowed the fewest passing yards in the NFL last season, and its passing defense got a boost when it signed former Jacksonville safety Donovin Darius (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/10252609). "He will bring us strong competition and he gives us added flexibility in our secondary," Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin said. "Donovin exemplifies hard work and dedication to the game." Jacksonville valued Darius so much that it designated him its franchise players three years in a row. But the move comes with a risk -- a torn knee ligament limited him to two games in 2005, and a broken leg cost him the final six games of the 2006 season. Darius will turn 32 on Aug. 12.

Chiefster
07-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Good thing we'll be running most of the time. LOL!

Sweets
07-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Actually I'm quite surprised that the Raiders aren't trying to shore up their holes on the run defense, either that or they're thinking they have the greatest rookie QB alive in JaMarcus..bwahahahhahahahahahaha..

Chiefster
07-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Actually I'm quite surprised that the Raiders aren't trying to shore up their holes on the run defense, either that or they're thinking they have the greatest rookie QB alive in JaMarcus..bwahahahhahahahahahaha..

Heh! That's what makes them the Faders. IMO

chief31
07-16-2007, 06:49 PM
As much as I hate to say it, the Raiders look alot like the Chiefs. Excellent defense, with a poor offense. At least, I hope the Chiefs' offense doesn't become that bad. The Raiders boast better defensive numbers, than the Chiefs. What's to say that the Chiefs won't be as bad.

Yes, Hillbilly, I know "L.J.!!!!!" But, a runningback is only as good, as the blockers, in front of him. Lamont is a very good runner, as is Justin Fargas, yet they have o-line defficiencies, that have hurt their numbers.

I dread being in the AFC West "cellar" as much as the next Chiefs fan, but, dread being there, for a number of years, much more.