PDA

View Full Version : KC Star : Someone should be fired for the way the Chiefs are using Dorsey

Coach
12-22-2008, 02:51 AM
After the Chiefs’ latest loss — a 38-31 thriller to the Dolphins courtesy of Kansas City’s three-point second-half explosion — I intended to write a column summarizing what progress has been made this season.

More... (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/947588.html)

tornadospotter
12-22-2008, 04:03 AM
Is there a point to all of your post links to the Chiefs home page or the KC Star, Coach?

Coach
12-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Is there a point to all of your post links to the Chiefs home page or the KC Star, Coach?

Yes, it is an automated feed of Chiefs stories. I thought members might enjoy being made aware of the Chiefs articles that are floating around and choosing which ones they would like to read.

Do you find it annoying? How about the rest of you?

Chiefster
12-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I do not find it annoying in the least. No one is forced to read them.

Vandelay
12-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Very annoying.

texaschief
12-23-2008, 03:12 AM
Is there a reason you have to link Whitlock stories? He's a flip flopping bafoon who stands on a soap box and spews nothing but negativity about this team.

He's a disgrace to Kansas City and the press in general.

theaxeeffect4311
12-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Is there a reason you have to link Whitlock stories? He's a flip flopping bafoon who stands on a soap box and spews nothing but negativity about this team.

I think he is smarter than you give him credit. You see, he writes stories so people will have a reaction to them.

And it's his job to tell what he sees of the Chiefs. How many nice things can you say about a 2-13 team under the coaching of Herm Edwards?

But I do agree that maybe the reason Dorsey is not doing well could be coaching. He is not a two gap player, especially after the team makes him lose weight. He needs to line up to burst between the guard and center. Whitlock is right in this story, even though I doubt that Dorsey is actually 5'11".

Three7s
12-23-2008, 10:02 AM

Is it that hard for you to admit that he's usually right?

Canada
12-23-2008, 11:59 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :funnypost: :iamwithstupid: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Three7s
12-23-2008, 01:00 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :funnypost: :iamwithstupid: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So you don't think it's the coaching that's screwing up Dorsey? I'd love to hear your opinion! :D

texaschief
12-23-2008, 02:49 PM

wow... put the koolaid down, bud.

Three7s
12-23-2008, 03:18 PM
wow... put the koolaid down, bud.
Alright, you and many other optimists think Whitlock's always wrong because he's negative a lot, that or you just don't agree with his point of view. However, it's hard to find most of his articles very far from the truth when we're having the worst seasons that we've had in decades.

I know a lot of you think Dorsey is doing alright because of the amount of tackles he has, but don't you think he could be much better? For how much teams run against us, he should have far more. I know that most of you didn't read the article, so I'll take something from the article that is hard to argue against.

Whitlock got direct quotes from Brian Waters about the subject, surely his opinion would matter, wouldn't it? “He has no chance in pass rush,” guard Brian Waters told me. “I love it when a guy lines head-up.”

The only real thing that I'm usually critical of about Whitlock is that he over-exaggerates things, and he may be doing the same thing here, but it's obvious that coaching changes on the defensive side need to be made.

Canada
12-23-2008, 03:29 PM

So you don't think it's the coaching that's screwing up Dorsey? I'd love to hear your opinion! :D

I think it is funny that u think Fatlock is usually right.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Yes, it is an automated feed of Chiefs stories. I thought members might enjoy being made aware of the Chiefs articles that are floating around and choosing which ones they would like to read.

I love the articles.I don't get the KC Star so I love reading the articles.

I like Jason Whitlock because he doesn't portray the players as angels and just like Paul Harvey, he tells it like it is.

I think it is funny that u think Fatlock is usually right.
He IS usually right on the dot. Your problem is that you don't like to hear/read anything bad about your favorite team.
I(and Jason Whitlock) am just as much a hardcore chiefs' fan as you are; the difference is that we can see the bad things, like the inability to play the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Canada
12-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I love the articles.I don't get the KC Star so I love reading the articles.

I like Jason Whitlock because he doesn't portray the players as angels and just like Paul Harvey, he tells it like it is.

He IS usually right on the dot. Your problem is that you don't like to hear/read anything bad about your favorite team.
I(and Jason Whitlock) am just as much a hardcore chiefs' fan as you are; the difference is that we can see the bad things, like the inability to play the 3rd and 4th quarter.

First off...who was talking to you? Did I question your fandom? did I say anything other than I usually do not agree with Whitlock (like most people around here) Yeah, he always talks sh!t about them...even when they are good. I am tired of being asked for a fuc#in opinon around here and then getting jumped on for voicing it. You don't like me saying good things about my team then click ignore and shut up. Fatlock will b!tch about this team no matter what. I guess that is why you agree with him so much. :sign0098:

texaschief
12-23-2008, 05:58 PM
First off...who was talking to you? Did I question your fandom? did I say anything other than I usually do not agree with Whitlock (like most people around here) Yeah, he always talks sh!t about them...even when they are good. I am tired of being asked for a fuc#in opinon around here and then getting jumped on for voicing it. You don't like me saying good things about my team then click ignore and shut up. Fatlock will b!tch about this team no matter what. I guess that is why you agree with him so much. :sign0098:

I don't know if any of y'all listen to the radio during the games, but Whitlock and Dawson are two peas in a pod. Dawson very rarely has anything good to say about the Chiefs. A few weeks ago, the Chiefs executed the perfect screen and when asked his opinion, Dawson pointed out everything the team did wrong during the play. I live out of market and have to listen to him sometimes when i can't get home or somewhere that has the game. It's just sickening having to listen to guy him or Whitlock who are either fair weather fans or consistent poison spewers getting the fan base all fired up for the wrong reasons. It's consistently obvious that Whitlock's ONLY concern is to write articles that cause reactions. It doesn't matter to him if the things he writes are accurate and thoughtful or not.

The part of that article that proves how clueless the guy is, is when he was shocked in week 15 by the stature of Dorsey. This guy supposedly watches EVERY game and is around the team all the time but it took the entire summer, preseason and 16/17 of the season to realize his stature? Now, all of a sudden Edward's job is in jeopardy and conveniently he suddenly notices that "Dorsey isn't being used correctly?" If he knows so much better than the current coaching staff, why did it take him 15 weeks to realize all this? He's so full of SH!T. Had he written this article in preseason or during the first couple weeks, it might have more credence. But the fact that it took so long to come to this conclusion at such a convenient time, is ridiculous. He wants to fuel the fire to get Herm fired so he has someone else to complain about and you people took it hook, line, and sinker.

Way to think for yourselves. :sign0098:

jmlamerson
12-23-2008, 06:05 PM

Whitlock isn't a bad reporter because he's negative - it's because he's negative about the wrong things and because his football pronouncements are usually wrong. His article trashing Thigpen this season is the best example of his poor use of negativity, since Thigpen was one of the few bright spots about this season. His running down Bowe and DJ were similarly bad writing for the sake of controversy.

As for flip-flopping, his pushes for big contracts for LJ and Ty Law were wrong, and he refused to admit it. He suported Herm for three years and now turned against him in the last few games.

Whitlock is right about Dorsey though. He'll never be a space eating guy and he doesn't have Sapp's pure skill and meanness (yet, at least). Our defense is a mess and our coaches bad decisions are a very large part of that.

tornadospotter
12-23-2008, 06:32 PM

Not at all, I forgot the :D at the end of my post.

Canada
12-23-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't know if any of y'all listen to the radio during the games, but Whitlock and Dawson are two peas in a pod. Dawson very rarely has anything good to say about the Chiefs. A few weeks ago, the Chiefs executed the perfect screen and when asked his opinion, Dawson pointed out everything the team did wrong during the play. I live out of market and have to listen to him sometimes when i can't get home or somewhere that has the game. It's just sickening having to listen to guy him or Whitlock who are either fair weather fans or consistent poison spewers getting the fan base all fired up for the wrong reasons. It's consistently obvious that Whitlock's ONLY concern is to write articles that cause reactions. It doesn't matter to him if the things he writes are accurate and thoughtful or not.

The part of that article that proves how clueless the guy is, is when he was shocked in week 15 by the stature of Dorsey. This guy supposedly watches EVERY game and is around the team all the time but it took the entire summer, preseason and 16/17 of the season to realize his stature? Now, all of a sudden Edward's job is in jeopardy and conveniently he suddenly notices that "Dorsey isn't being used correctly?" If he knows so much better than the current coaching staff, why did it take him 15 weeks to realize all this? He's so full of SH!T. Had he written this article in preseason or during the first couple weeks, it might have more credence. But the fact that it took so long to come to this conclusion at such a convenient time, is ridiculous. He wants to fuel the fire to get Herm fired so he has someone else to complain about and you people took it hook, line, and sinker.

Way to think for yourselves. :sign0098:

ummm...I am kind of out of market too.

And I said I don't like fatlock.

tornadospotter
12-23-2008, 06:47 PM
:fatlock: is a :character00109: :character00125:

Chiefster
12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
I can't believe I'm sitting here reading the responses and feel the need to state the obvious. Everyone hear is free to have and express their opinions about the article and who wrote it weather they agree with the author or his point of view or not. Can we please do so with a mature attitude and without disrespecting each other?

Chiefster
12-23-2008, 08:04 PM
BTW I don't much care for :fatlock: either.

tornadospotter
12-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I can't believe I'm sitting here reading the responses and feel the need to state the obvious. Everyone hear is free to have and express their opinions about the article and who wrote it weather they agree with the author or his point of view or not. Can we please do so with a mature attitude and without disrespecting each other?

BTW I don't much care for :fatlock: either.
Sorry boss, :toast2:

texaschief
12-23-2008, 08:45 PM
ummm...I am kind of out of market too.

And I said I don't like fatlock.

i know... I was kinda adding to what you said. sorry i didn't clarify.

Chiefster
12-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Sorry boss, :toast2:

No problem man, just throwin out a reminder. :)

theaxeeffect4311
12-24-2008, 03:39 AM
I still think we should be talking more about Dorsey and the coaching staff's use of Dorsey, instead of caring so much about who likes or hates Whitlock.

Hayvern
12-25-2008, 04:23 PM
There are a number of issues for me with this story.

First I agree with TexasChief, if Whitlock was all knowing about football enough to know that they are playing Dorsey wrong, then he should have seen that earlier in the season.

Second, while I believe Waters when he says that this would be the wrong way to play Dorsey, I also question why at week 15 are we just getting that information. I wonder is Waters has ever pointed this out to his coaches?

I really don't like Whitlock, but Coach, I love the posts, at least it gets us started and talking.

theaxeeffect4311
12-25-2008, 08:21 PM
There are a number of issues for me with this story.

First I agree with TexasChief, if Whitlock was all knowing about football enough to know that they are playing Dorsey wrong, then he should have seen that earlier in the season.

Second, while I believe Waters when he says that this would be the wrong way to play Dorsey, I also question why at week 15 are we just getting that information. I wonder is Waters has ever pointed this out to his coaches?

I really don't like Whitlock, but Coach, I love the posts, at least it gets us started and talking.

The thing is Waters should not have to point this out to his coaches. They should be able to tell that Dorsey is not doing well just by watching him on tape. I do not know why Whitlock is just now writing about this. Maybe he just figured this out. The difference is Whitlock does stories for the entire NFL, not just the Chiefs. Herm, Gunther, and the D-line coach should only care about the Chiefs and the team they are facing that week. Not only that, the coaches haven't changed the strategy to use Dorsey for 15 weeks, not including preseason. You can blame Whitlock all you want about not bringing this up earlier, but shouldn't the coaches be the one who spots these things?

On top of that, Herm, Carl, and the other coaches knew Dorsey's size before they drafted him. For them to take him and play him as a two gap, space eater, obviously someone does not know much about football, let alone coaching.

You can all say what you want about Whitlock. I could care less. But you cannot deny the facts that someone in Kansas City does not know how to use the players they have.