PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo News : Edwards: Chiefs will compete in '09 (AP)

Coach
12-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Whether he's their head coach or not, Herm Edwards sees a contender taking shape in Kansas City in the very near future. "I see them competing next year," the embattled coach of the 2-13 Chiefs said in what may be his last regular-season Tuesday news conference. "I think this is going to be a good football team next year.

More... (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/nfl/SIG=12dhjncg4/*http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-edwards&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Coach
12-25-2008, 10:24 PM
I finally agree with Herm. The Chiefs will compete in 09'.

D.A.S.
12-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Bologna! He just wants to save his job. 85% = 2 wins? Worst pass rush in NFL history. Worst record in franchise history. Empty stands. There are more people at the Lions games! And half the people show up to root for the other time. I went to the Chargers\Chiefs game and people were booing the Chiefs and cheering the Chargers. No one believes in this team (or at least not enough to give you a significant home field advantage that we need). And let's face it, the stupidest coaching staff ever. They could make better judgment flipping a coin. The only way they will compete is to clean out the front office and start over like the Dolphins and Falcons. Remember when the front office told us the Chiefs were going to compete for a playoff stop THIS YEAR? If the season was 5 games long 2 wins would not compete for a playoff spot. I'm sick of hearing this!

Starting lineup:
Thigpen-Questionable
Johnson-Old criminal who wants to leave
Cox-Questionable
Bowe-Good player
Bradley-Good player but has not been consistent
Gonzalez-Old guy who wants to leave
Albert-Good player
Waters-Good player
Niswanger-Questionable
Jones-Questionable
McIntosh-Questionable (I think he's good but no one else seems to)

Hali-Questionable (After this season)
Dorsey-Questionable
McBride-Terrible
Tyler-Terrible
Edwards-Old, injured, and questionable
Johnson-Acceptable
Bioman-Good player
Flowers-Good player
Carr-Developing
Pollard-Great run stopper but struggles a little in coverage
Page-Good player

Barth-Questionable
Colquitt-Good player
Robinson-Bad player

D.A.S.
12-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I'll bet he has some excuse for when he makes this a bad team next year if he stays.

hermhater
12-27-2008, 04:21 AM
Barth 4TW!!!!

Chiefster
12-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Bologna! He just wants to save his job. 85% = 2 wins? Worst pass rush in NFL history. Worst record in franchise history. Empty stands. There are more people at the Lions games! And half the people show up to root for the other time. I went to the ChargersChiefs game and people were booing the Chiefs and cheering the Chargers. No one believes in this team (or at least not enough to give you a significant home field advantage that we need). And let's face it, the stupidest coaching staff ever. They could make better judgment flipping a coin. The only way they will compete is to clean out the front office and start over like the Dolphins and Falcons. Remember when the front office told us the Chiefs were going to compete for a playoff stop THIS YEAR? If the season was 5 games long 2 wins would not compete for a playoff spot. I'm sick of hearing this!

Starting lineup:
Thigpen-Questionable
Johnson-Old criminal who wants to leave
Cox-Questionable
Bowe-Good player...

Bowe could use some improvement in the consisteancy department as well IMO.