PDA

View Full Version : We need a sexy 1st round pick

Nel Toille
12-27-2008, 05:52 PM
I think the chiefs need to completely ditch the idea of drafting out of need in the first round. If we did that, we'd be taking an OT, DL or LB and we would never get the value we'd want out of him. DJ, Dorsey and Hali are all solid players but they aren't worth the first round money we pay them. This is probably going to be the last year before they have the rookie cap so we need to make sure this pick counts. If we're going to be shelling out $60mil. + for a player then it needs to be for someone like Crabtree, Bradford, Tebow or a gamebreaking RB. I kind of like Crabtree because I honestly think he's the best complete reciever I've seen in a long time and he never drops the ball. He's the kind of player you pay a crapload of money for.

fairladyZ
12-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Havne't seen much of him but just watched some Highlights and i like what i see. Granted they are highlights but i noticed he doesn't juke much he just runs and gets more yards. When he gets hit he doesn't go right down and usually falls forward for a couple more yards. He's fast. And he already runs out of the Spread/Pistol. With Him, Bowe, LJ, and Thigpen i definetly think they would move the ball and score some points!! I kind like the idea of picking him up. I'm not to in tune with the draft but i see alot of people saying there are no good DE's or LB's that should be taken at the 3rd spot so maybe this would be the best pick for us. The get DE or LB in free agency and maybe another 2nd round or so. I don't think our OL is as bad as it's made to be anymore. They showed ALOT of improvement and out of the Spread and with Thigpen he didn't get sacked much at all. Maybe get a McIntosh replacement in FA or 3rd round. Definetly think our first priority is DE and LB but with the third pick i wouldn't reach for one and get the BPA which will probably be crabtree

spiman
12-27-2008, 06:22 PM
My mind went in the gutter..the season is not over and..:mob: ***Sorry! Not allowed.*** :bananen_smilies046: Me bad :}

hermhater
12-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Can we draft a coach?

spiman
12-27-2008, 06:23 PM
No! $$ Save tha $$$

KottkeKU
12-27-2008, 08:09 PM
i would be happy with Crabtree. It would certainly give us some deep threat potential, and alongside Bowe we could have a similar situation to Arizona. I think we will need another weapon for the offense when/if Tony gets traded.....But i dont see us ending up with Crabtree... Plus if that were to happen, our defense would still suck

Chiefster
12-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Can we draft a coach?

That would be nice. :lol:

texaschief
12-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Crabtree will probably be there at 3 unless the Lions keep brain-farting. This would give the Chiefs the best opportunity to trade down. The problem is that everyone knows the Chiefs won't take Crabtree, so they'll probably be negotiating a trade down with the team behind the Chiefs to grab him because he'll be cheaper there.

If I couldn't trade down and get the guy i want, I'd have to take the guy with the highest value even if he doesn't fill a team need and perhaps try and trade him later. Crabtree might be the best player available to the Chiefs at 3. I don't know quite yet.

Chuck
12-27-2008, 11:45 PM
OK........I know the QB's are a bit thin in the college ranks, but do all of you really beleive that Thigpen is the answer and do you really beleive we can run the spread and win?

texaschief
12-28-2008, 01:01 AM
OK........I know the QB's are a bit thin in the college ranks, but do all of you really beleive that Thigpen is the answer and do you really beleive we can run the spread and win?

The spread in the NFL isn't nearly as developed as it is in College. Teams haven't drafted or signed players to effectively run the system yet. I hear people saying it wouldn't work in the NFL, but I think it would. NFL teams are only allowed to carry 53 players on their roster. If most of the teams in the NFL are currently built to play against traditional offenses, they won't be equipped to defend the spread for an entire game because they wouldn't have the secondary depth necessary to sustain the same level of defense for an entire game... even if the NFL coaches DO figure out how to defend it. I doubt they'll be able to do it expeditiously considering college teams have been running it for years and nobody has been able to figure it out yet. Some people say that NFL coaches could figure it out, but I have my doubts. There isn't much difference in game knowledge and creativity between the two levels... if any.

Miami has run the spread offense since week 3 and they've already won 10 games and made Chad Pennington relevant again... not to mention what the system has done for the Chiefs' O-line and their rookie QB. If you give Gailey and the offense and entire off season to work with and develop the offensive system, I think it could be quite potent. It might be a "bridge" offense until the O-line is completely built and can perform in a traditional offense. But I do think that Thigpen has earned the chance to be THE GUY for at least one year.

I can tell you this much though... I'd rather have Thigpen for another year than commit a #3 pick and a huge contract for Stafford or Bradford and risk them busting on (perhaps) the final year of HUGE rookie contracts.

jap1
12-28-2008, 02:45 AM
The spread in the NFL isn't nearly as developed as it is in College. Teams haven't drafted or signed players to effectively run the system yet. I hear people saying it wouldn't work in the NFL, but I think it would. NFL teams are only allowed to carry 53 players on their roster. If most of the teams in the NFL are currently built to play against traditional offenses, they won't be equipped to defend the spread for an entire game because they wouldn't have the secondary depth necessary to sustain the same level of defense for an entire game... even if the NFL coaches DO figure out how to defend it. I doubt they'll be able to do it expeditiously considering college teams have been running it for years and nobody has been able to figure it out yet. Some people say that NFL coaches could figure it out, but I have my doubts. There isn't much difference in game knowledge and creativity between the two levels... if any.

Miami has run the spread offense since week 3 and they've already won 10 games and made Chad Pennington relevant again... not to mention what the system has done for the Chiefs' O-line and their rookie QB. If you give Gailey and the offense and entire off season to work with and develop the offensive system, I think it could be quite potent. It might be a "bridge" offense until the O-line is completely built and can perform in a traditional offense. But I do think that Thigpen has earned the chance to be THE GUY for at least one year.

I can tell you this much though... I'd rather have Thigpen for another year than commit a #3 pick and a huge contract for Stafford or Bradford and risk them busting on (perhaps) the final year of HUGE rookie contracts.

A lot of people dont realize that New England ran a variation of the spread offense last year with Brady and Moss. That is how they put up so many points last year. Its also why they always ran up the score at the end of games. They didnt have a strong running game (relative to their passing game), so they didnt run the ball to run out the clock, instead they just stayed in their spread and moved down the field. The spread CAN be successful with the right personnel. Whether we have the right personnel is yet to be determined.

theaxeeffect4311
12-28-2008, 04:59 AM
A lot of people dont realize that New England ran a variation of the spread offense last year with Brady and Moss. That is how they put up so many points last year. Its also why they always ran up the score at the end of games. They didnt have a strong running game (relative to their passing game), so they didnt run the ball to run out the clock, instead they just stayed in their spread and moved down the field. The spread CAN be successful with the right personnel. Whether we have the right personnel is yet to be determined.

Very true. It's one of the reasons I do not think it is such a bad call. If it works for the Patriots it should be good enough for us. I know we don't have a Moss, Welker, and Stallworth to set up mismatches on defense or a playcaller like Tom Brady reading the field, but we could have relative success. I think the Chiefs have proven enough that a team can have success with the spread. The only problem now is that if the Chiefs get a new head coach, they may change things back to a traditional offense. But they may actually know how to run one.

texaschief
12-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Very true. It's one of the reasons I do not think it is such a bad call. If it works for the Patriots it should be good enough for us. I know we don't have a Moss, Welker, and Stallworth to set up mismatches on defense or a playcaller like Tom Brady reading the field, but we could have relative success. I think the Chiefs have proven enough that a team can have success with the spread. The only problem now is that if the Chiefs get a new head coach, they may change things back to a traditional offense. But they may actually know how to run one.

Miami has done well with it this season. It's also a reason why I'm not eager to see it thrown away so quickly. The system is something that needs to be studied. The success its had in college and for Miami, Pats and Chiefs is something to take note of. If the Chiefs could get a guy like Crabtree with their first pick and Shipley in the 5th, then draft a Harrell in the 4th or McCoy next season, then you have QBs behind Thigpen who have experience in the system if Thigpen can't claim the spot definitively.

This could allow the Chiefs more flexibility when it comes to their offensive line. It would reduce the need for a major overhaul of their right side. McIntosh seems to have figured some things out lately. Even if he hasn't, Taylor and to a lesser extent, Richardson could be ready to step in and claim that spot. By simply drafting a new Center, we could have our entire line completed.

If the Chiefs bring in Piolli, I wouldn't expect him to completely abandon a system that he's seen work in Boston. Keeping Chan at OC would be a good move if we keep the spread, but perhaps bringing in Mike Leach as the QBs coach might be a good move for a team who is committed to building an offensive system around the spread. Just a thought.

theaxeeffect4311
12-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Miami has done well with it this season. It's also a reason why I'm not eager to see it thrown away so quickly. The system is something that needs to be studied. The success its had in college and for Miami, Pats and Chiefs is something to take note of. If the Chiefs could get a guy like Crabtree with their first pick and Shipley in the 5th, then draft a Harrell in the 4th or McCoy next season, then you have QBs behind Thigpen who have experience in the system if Thigpen can't claim the spot definitively.

This could allow the Chiefs more flexibility when it comes to their offensive line. It would reduce the need for a major overhaul of their right side. McIntosh seems to have figured some things out lately. Even if he hasn't, Taylor and to a lesser extent, Richardson could be ready to step in and claim that spot. By simply drafting a new Center, we could have our entire line completed.

If the Chiefs bring in Piolli, I wouldn't expect him to completely abandon a system that he's seen work in Boston. Keeping Chan at OC would be a good move if we keep the spread, but perhaps bringing in Mike Leach as the QBs coach might be a good move for a team who is committed to building an offensive system around the spread. Just a thought.

Not bad. I really like the idea of developing Taylor at the RT position if we keep the spread because he has quick feet and would work great in that type of blocking scheme. I like Taylor in general, I wish they would play him more. I agree that the Chiefs need to draft a OC, which makes me happy with our position in the second round since we have a good chance at Alex Mack. While I would like a player like Crabtree, I'm still up in the air what to do with the first pick. I mean we are talking about a sexy pick and well, I think you could make the argument that Maualuga would show the direction the Chiefs want to go. I just don't know if Maualuga is any good in pass coverage, but the Chiefs need to think about it since the Chiefs are so bad at covering tight ends.

balto
12-28-2008, 10:08 AM
IF Crabtree was a little faster I would be all over him, but If his projected speed is correct then I think he will loose a lot of his advantage in the NFL from College.

Maybe trade LJ away and draft the top RB if you want a sexy pick hehehe.

I say trade down and pick up Rey M. or Duke Robinson.

Chiefster
12-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Crabtree will probably be there at 3 unless the Lions keep brain-farting. This would give the Chiefs the best opportunity to trade down. The problem is that everyone knows the Chiefs won't take Crabtree, so they'll probably be negotiating a trade down with the team behind the Chiefs to grab him because he'll be cheaper there.

If I couldn't trade down and get the guy i want, I'd have to take the guy with the highest value even if he doesn't fill a team need and perhaps try and trade him later. Crabtree might be the best player available to the Chiefs at 3. I don't know quite yet.

Agreed, some team needs might best be filled with FA; should the Chiefs actually participate in the FA market this year.

anejfan
12-28-2008, 10:43 AM
They are just like the Yankees. I think it would be just fine if GM dropped sponsorship in Nascar. It would take out the money and level the playing field. Hendrick just has more money then most.

I H8 Every Team But KC
12-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Yes, that's what I believe :)

drstandley31
12-28-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't think any NFL team can win with the spread, but I do think this guy can be our QB. Just need to put some pieces in place to run a better offense. Starts with building a line like we had 5 or 6 years ago. Once that foundation is in place, Thig could do a lot from under center and the shotgun. But strictly a spread isn't going to cut it. Can't even get a first down agains the Bungles.

Chuck
12-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Still think Thigpen is the man and the spread is the way to go.
NO FREAKIN WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After today you would have to be smokin crack to think so.

nigeriannightmare
12-28-2008, 05:50 PM
If we pick 2nd then it's the best player available, worth the huge contract they are gonna get. IMO, Mr. Crabtree out of Tecas Tech.

Nel Toille
12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
IF Crabtree was a little faster I would be all over him, but If his projected speed is correct then I think he will loose a lot of his advantage in the NFL from College.

Maybe trade LJ away and draft the top RB if you want a sexy pick hehehe.

I say trade down and pick up Rey M. or Duke Robinson.
What? He may not have the best 40 time (like Flowers) but you can tell he has plenty of speed. He may not be a track runner, but his speed and quickness on the field is more than enough to succeed in the NFL.
And as for trading down, the fact is, when a new GM comes in, he's going to go after that #2 pick. GMs don't come in and trade away their picks. I'm not saying we should draft Crabtree because he's the best player available. I'm saying we draft him because 1. He has the potential to be not just good but GREAT 2. Tony G. is probably done and 3. DBowe is useless when he's the only option and he's pretty damn good when nobody is paying attention to him. Look at how much better he's played since Bradley has been in the mix.

I H8 Every Team But KC
12-28-2008, 08:16 PM

We haven't won in Cincy since 1984. This had nothing to do with the QB or the offense.

I don't care what they decide to run as long as the organization makes the right decisions.

Bike
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
We haven't won in Cincy since 1984. This had nothing to do with the QB or the offense.

I don't care what they decide to run as long as the organization makes the right decisions.
Yep. We need a coach.

leaves
12-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Crabtree's not the fastest, but he will catch everything..everything. I don't think Thig's THE answer, but I do think he's the 2-3yr answer. Until our O-Line can hold up a pocket passer, Thigs the guy for our success.

theaxeeffect4311
12-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Crabtree's not the fastest, but he will catch everything..everything. I don't think Thig's THE answer, but I do think he's the 2-3yr answer. Until our O-Line can hold up a pocket passer, Thigs the guy for our success.

I agree. We will not know what way the new GM will go, but I will pretty much agree with whatever direction because we have so many needs. We have to be smart about the draft and if he wants Crabtree, Curry, or a lineman, I'll have to agree (I do not get much say in the matter). Thigpen does not seem like the answer, but with the potential that he has displayed, why not give him a chance. He can hold the spot a year or two until the rest of the team can be ready for a quarterback to come in and take over. I think this season we wait on quarterback but the new GM may want to draft a QB to establish the team he wants.

bigpoppachief
12-29-2008, 01:47 AM
I think Thigpen has earned another shot at being the starter for KC. I thought about Crabtree and that would be a "sexy" Pick. Then we could get Bradford who if he dominates in the NC will be a very sexy pick. Stafford BLEH I dont like him and think he would be horrible in KC right now. Me personally would like to see Crabtree or Orapko a beast DE from the university of Texas. I really like Rey Mauluaga and yeah im sure i spelled that wrong lol but I think we need so much but I do not want to become the lions and draft WR just because they are "sexy" I mean think about nabbing a defensive beast ot dominating tackle with the first rounder then in the second round or third round and grab Tebow or take a strecth and grab harrell or Daniels ? I mean come on they are decent QB's and in my opinion thats not our biggest need, matter of fact we have so man im not sure what is.

balto
12-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Crabtree
Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

Randy Moss
6-4 210
40-4.25 (college)

Terrel Owens
6-3 218
40-4.36 (college)

Calvin Johnson
6-5 239
40-4.33 (college)

Roy Williams
6-3 211
40-4.37 (college)

Andre Johnson
6-3 223
40-4.32 (college)

These are just a few WR's with Crabtree type size, but seem to be a steep faster coming out of college. I'm sure Crabtree will be a GREAT nfl player I'm just worried a little about his speed when you compare him to other great WR's that are his size.

chief31
12-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah. That's what a 2-14 team needs, is SEXY! Ask Matt Millen about that concept, would ya?

How are those Lions, with all of those SEXY picks? :lol:

(Pssst. Those SEXY picks have all petered-out.)

I don't think any NFL team can win with the spread, but I do think this guy can be our QB. Just need to put some pieces in place to run a better offense. Starts with building a line like we had 5 or 6 years ago. Once that foundation is in place, Thig could do a lot from under center and the shotgun. But strictly a spread isn't going to cut it. Can't even get a first down agains the Bungles.

Yeah, looking at the evidence, with the '07-'09 Patriots and Cowboys, along with the '09 Dolphins and Chiefs certainly sells that viewpoint.:D

Hey! The offense had one down game, so let's scrap it!

Really?

And might as well retire that QB, with his 17/12 TDs/INT, 75.8 QB Rating and 55% Completion Percentage!

Really?

And anyone who believes different is on crack?

Really?

I've had enough of this. I have to go buy me a glass pipe somewhere.

Chuck? Can you tell me a good place to shop for one?:lol:

Honestly, maybe the Spread-Offense is just a fad, and NFL teams will figure it out soon. But they haven't yet.

You are acting as if this single game counters all of the success of the Spread Offense over the past two seasons.

And, while I may have my own doubts about Thigpen, He has done far better, over the past 10 games than anyone else did, spanning the previous twenty games.

He does deserve some credit for that.

Nel Toille
12-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah. That's what a 2-14 team needs, is SEXY! Ask Matt Millen about that concept, would ya?

How are those Lions, with all of those SEXY picks? :lol:

(Pssst. Those SEXY picks have all petered-out.)

There was nothing wrong with the guys the Lions picked. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson are tremendous talents. They made the mistake of wasting so many high picks on WR and not giving them anyone to throw them the ball (plus, they never developed any other position on the field). The biggest difference between the Chiefs right now and the Lions in recent years is that we have a foundation set that we can build in FA. We are in more need of a marquee player than, oh say, another tackle. The Lions never had a foundation and they just kept drafting players that would sell jerseys. And you can have the greatest reciever of all time, put him on an ****ty team with no QB and he becomes pretty average (I'm talkin' about Jerry Rice and the Raiders).
As for all this BS about Crabtree's speed, he's faster than 4.48. You can tell just by watching him. Some guys don't have the mechanics of running a 40 down so they lose a tenth of a second or so. Even still, it doesn't matter because he's got amazing quickness and that, in the long run, usually is more important than track speed. Just as Tony G. He's not fast at all but he can get open, even against CBs because he's quick and he runs strong routes... all of which Crabtree does just as good, if not better.

chief31
12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
There was nothing wrong with the guys the Lions picked. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson are tremendous talents.

They made the mistake of wasting so many high picks on WR and not giving them anyone to throw them the ball (plus, they never developed any other position on the field).

The biggest difference between the Chiefs right now and the Lions in recent years is that we have a foundation set that we can build in FA.

We are in more need of a marquee player than, oh say, another tackle.

The Lions never had a foundation and they just kept drafting players that would sell jerseys.

And you can have the greatest reciever of all time, put him on an ****ty team with no QB and he becomes pretty average (I'm talkin' about Jerry Rice and the Raiders).

If not for the desperate act of trying a college-style offense, we would have been the worst in all catergories of football. Offense, Defense and Special Teams.

The offensive change-up has hidden our horrible O-line. But there was no such change made to our Defense and the biggest needs for that side of the ball are entirely obvious.

This team is the undisputed, all-time champion at not getting pressure on the QB. The previous 16-game record was 17 (I think) Sacks. We managed 9.

We gave up an average of 5 YPC against the rush. Just for good measure, that ranks last in the NFL.

Offensively, since this season was hidden by our desperation gimmick offense, I will point out that in '07, we were ranked last in Sacks Allowed, as well as Rushing Yards.

So, it is fair to argue that we have the worst Defensive and Offensive lines in he NFL.

So, if you could explain to me why we need SEXY, over any improvements to the worst units around, I would really appreciate it.

(Sorry about the notable sarcasm. It is not intended to sound as wise-a**ed as it may.)

jmlamerson
12-29-2008, 02:12 PM
There was nothing wrong with the guys the Lions picked. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson are tremendous talents. They made the mistake of wasting so many high picks on WR and not giving them anyone to throw them the ball (plus, they never developed any other position on the field). The biggest difference between the Chiefs right now and the Lions in recent years is that we have a foundation set that we can build in FA. We are in more need of a marquee player than, oh say, another tackle. The Lions never had a foundation and they just kept drafting players that would sell jerseys. And you can have the greatest reciever of all time, put him on an ****ty team with no QB and he becomes pretty average (I'm talkin' about Jerry Rice and the Raiders).
As for all this BS about Crabtree's speed, he's faster than 4.48. You can tell just by watching him. Some guys don't have the mechanics of running a 40 down so they lose a tenth of a second or so. Even still, it doesn't matter because he's got amazing quickness and that, in the long run, usually is more important than track speed. Just as Tony G. He's not fast at all but he can get open, even against CBs because he's quick and he runs strong routes... all of which Crabtree does just as good, if not better.

We don't have the foundation you're suggesting. We don't have workable DEs, DTs, LBs, FS, or a right side of an OL. We probably need a new RB as well.

I like Crabtree. I think he'll be a very good pro. But we big linemen on both sides of the ball a whole lot more than we need a WR.

Really, I would love a Crabtree, a Curry, or a Maualuga in this draft. All will be good to great pros - but we will not win games until we rebuild our lines and get a new HC.

leaves
12-29-2008, 04:50 PM
If we go defensive, I like Maualuga for his MLB speed or Michael Johnson at DE. I keep hearing Orakpo from mocks and fans, but he's too strong for his speed. Someone check out Michael Johnson cause he's a freak. And he happens to be 6'7".

Nel Toille
12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
So, if you could explain to me why we need SEXY, over any improvements to the worst units around, I would really appreciate it.

(Sorry about the notable sarcasm. It is not intended to sound as wise-a**ed as it may.)
Well, if you would have read the first post in this thread then I wouldn't have to explain it again. Sure, we need linemen, more on the defensive side of the ball than anything else but we can do that in FA a lot more efficiently than in the draft. We'll never get the value out of any offensive or defensive lineman or even linebacker with the kind of money we'll have to pay them. If you are going to spend 60 million dollars on a player in the first round, he better be a guy like Crabtree or Bradford. These are guys you know are going to be worth the money... just ask Miami. Sure, Jake Long is good but he'll never be worth the number one pick money he's getting paid... not like Matt Ryan... hell, even denver got a much more productive rookie tackle (Clady) and didn't have to spend nearly as much on him. If we had the 15th pick in the draft, I'd say go lineman, but we have the 3rd so, unless we trade down, we have to go SEXY.

theaxeeffect4311
12-29-2008, 06:13 PM
If we go defensive, I like Maualuga for his MLB speed or Michael Johnson at DE. I keep hearing Orakpo from mocks and fans, but he's too strong for his speed. Someone check out Michael Johnson cause he's a freak. And he happens to be 6'7".

He does have great potential and size, but does not show the production. Some people question his desire to play football and his work ethic. While his stats are not too bad, I would put him in the same boat as Orakpo. Orakpo can play the run better than Johnson, so it may come down to the Combine as to who ends up higher. Johnson does seem to be similar to Mario Williams.

rammstein
12-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Take a look at Everette Brown out of Florida State.

chief31
12-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, if you would have read the first post in this thread then I wouldn't have to explain it again. Sure, we need linemen, more on the defensive side of the ball than anything else but we can do that in FA a lot more efficiently than in the draft. We'll never get the value out of any offensive or defensive lineman or even linebacker with the kind of money we'll have to pay them. If you are going to spend 60 million dollars on a player in the first round, he better be a guy like Crabtree or Bradford. These are guys you know are going to be worth the money... just ask Miami. Sure, Jake Long is good but he'll never be worth the number one pick money he's getting paid... not like Matt Ryan... hell, even denver got a much more productive rookie tackle (Clady) and didn't have to spend nearly as much on him. If we had the 15th pick in the draft, I'd say go lineman, but we have the 3rd so, unless we trade down, we have to go SEXY.

Yeah, Denver made some real improvement with Clady, where the Dolphins took a nose-dive with Long.

Denver still sucks and Miami beat-out the 11-5 Patriots for the division crown.

I'd have to say Long was a damn good pick.

You want to bring-up Ryan? Which team improved more? The team that took the OT, (Miami) or the team that took the QB (Atlanta)?

Sexy is for consumate losers. Just ask Al Davis, if you wnat to make excuses for Matt Millen.

How about looking at The Dolphins a bit closer. They went sexy in the '07 draft, with Ginn Jr., then went ugly in '08, with Long.

Which path worked better?

We already have sexy. LJ, Gonzales, Bowe. How has that been working out?

What we need is the hard-a**es that will fight like h*** on the inside. Because that's what we don't have right now.

However, if The Chin moves in, I will trust his judgement. :D

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Yeah, Denver made some real improvement with Clady, where the Dolphins took a nose-dive with Long.

Denver still sucks and Miami beat-out the 11-5 Patriots for the division crown.

I'd have to say Long was a damn good pick.

You want to bring-up Ryan? Which team improved more? The team that took the OT, (Miami) or the team that took the QB (Atlanta)?

Sexy is for consumate losers. Just ask Al Davis, if you wnat to make excuses for Matt Millen.

How about looking at The Dolphins a bit closer. They went sexy in the '07 draft, with Ginn Jr., then went ugly in '08, with Long.

Which path worked better?

We already have sexy. LJ, Gonzales, Bowe. How has that been working out?

What we need is the hard-a**es that will fight like h*** on the inside. Because that's what we don't have right now.

However, if The Chin moves in, I will trust his judgement. :D

O-line is a safe pick, but also a smart pick. I think looking at this year's draft class, the best player available at the third spot could be OT, depending on how a team evaluates talent. It may not be sexy, it would be great value.

In the Chin we trust...I hope it does happen.