PDA

View Full Version : (Scenario 1) New GM, Herm stays

texaschief
12-28-2008, 05:55 AM
There's all this talk about what's going to happen in free agency and the draft. It really is a waste of time when so much still has to be decided. It's obvious that there's only two things that can happen here. Either the new GM keeps Herm or gets rid of him. In scenario 1, the new GM keeps Herm.

This thread is for ideas if the Chiefs keep Herm.
Who's the new GM?
Who on his staff stays and goes?
What offensive system do they go with?
Who plays QB?
Who gets cut, traded and signed?
Who gets drafted to fill needs?

Chiefster
12-28-2008, 10:40 AM
The new GM tells Herm that he is the head coach in name only and tells him that he is not to make ANY game time offensive decisions. :D

nigeriannightmare
12-28-2008, 05:38 PM
If we do indeed keep hirm, Dick Curl, and Gunther need to go as well as the strength and conditioning coach, and special teams coach. We take Crabtree in the first round and spend the necessary money in FA and the rest of the draft. I would really like to trade the frist pick, but probably not gonna happen.

Bike
12-28-2008, 08:22 PM
I see new GM bringing in his own staff. Why keep 2-14 Herm?

Vandelay
12-28-2008, 09:44 PM
The thought of keeping Herm just makes me sick.

bigpoppachief
12-29-2008, 02:04 AM
This is just fantasy so I am going to go on a limb

Who's the new GM?
Bill Parcell's, He is avaliable for the right price with no compensation needed for his services. He helped turn Miami into a play off team and in my mind can do the same with the Chiefs. He would keep Herm for the last year of his contract but would be more hands on and not allow garbage/

Who on his staff stays and goes?

Possibly go for a new defensive coordinator and switch to a new defense that uses 3-4 and 4-3 packages.

Chan did a good job second half getting the Chiefs to score so I think he gets one more year. unless we can get Jason Garrett from Dallas

What offensive system do they go with?
Stick with Chan's Spread unless Garrett decides to leave Dallas :D

Who plays QB?
Thigpen gets another chance but we draft a qb in the later rounds and Croyle gets thrown back into the comp.

Who gets cut, traded and signed?

LJ gets traded not for value but at least a second and 4th. Too old and too much issues for higher than a second
Who gets drafted to fill needs?

Not sure we have so many of them :D But I will guesstimate.

1- Crabtree WR

Because if we are going to give Thigpen one more chance why not add a offensive monster ? Bowe played much better once Bradley showed some skill and adding Crabtree with Bowe, Gonzo and Bradley could make the spread work even better.

2. The best DE avaliable or a middle linebacker or CB or... jking Best defensive player avaliable at the time. unless there is just someone that can not be passed. Hopefully a really good D end will fall to us here like Johnson from GT.

The rest I am clueless I dont believe any of this will really happen I am just bored and sad of the season but on the other hand thankful its over and we can finally move on from CP :D

hermhater
12-29-2008, 02:54 AM
You just made me vomit reading that we might keep Herm.

Lucky for you TC I don't sue you for attempted puking...

texaschief
12-29-2008, 02:58 AM
You just made me vomit reading that we might keep Herm.

Lucky for you TC I don't sue you for attempted puking...

I can't wait till the front office decides to honor his contract and listen to your *****ing for at least another year. The funny thing is though, if Herm gets to stay this year, he'll be around for more than one more year. This team will compete for the division next season and that will probably get him an extension. :lol:

chief31
12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
If Herm stays, then we start 0-4, getting Herm fired, then go on to win a wild-card spot. :lol: