PDA

View Full Version : LJ says he's done in KC..

brish
12-28-2008, 06:53 PM
LARRY JOHNSON
Talk about your future with this organization …
“Hopefully, my future is not with this organization. It’s not (the Chiefs’) fault. Half of it is mine. Half of it is my off-the-field situation and other things that occurred.

“On the football field, my role definitely diminished when I came back (from injury). I felt like I wasn’t getting as many carries as I could have handled. I felt like I could have helped as much as I could have, but they shifted their powers to other players on the team. I feel as though my time is up in this city and this program.”

There is going to be a general manager change and possibly a coaching change. Do those changes affect your attitude?
“No. It has everything to do with the environment. The city is tired of me, and the organization and I have run our course together. It’s time to move on for me. There could be 100 changes. It’s time for me to go.”

Are you going to ask for a trade?
“No. (The Chiefs) pretty much wrote that in the sand these last few weeks.”

How do you feel like you fit in to the Chiefs’ spread offense?
“I don’t. I have never been a six- or seven-carry per game back and expect 200-yard rushing games. It’s never been my style. I wish it could be. It’s not me. I wear down defenses and get yards when the offense really pounds the rushing plays.”

Source: Click (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/12/28/chiefsbengals_postgame_quotes/)

brish
12-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Personally im totally fine with this, he's not the right guy anymore..

Quick question.. What about all the money they threw at him? How much will be lost by trading or cutting him?

texaschief
12-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Too bad for us he ruined his trade value for the Chiefs these last two seasons. We're stuck with this guy. He means more to the Chiefs than we could get in a trade for him.

texaschief
12-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Personally im totally fine with this, he's not the right guy anymore..

Quick question.. What about all the money they threw at him? How much will be lost by trading or cutting him?

He won't be cut. The cap hit would be around 15 million. That's not gonna happen. The only thing the Chiefs could do, other than keeping him, is to trade him for well-below market value.

jerhart
12-28-2008, 07:19 PM
...this is all good news...

....is an aging Ray Lewis below market value in a trade? Prolly not eh? ....but I wouldnt mind trading LJ for Ray and while we are at lets sign his buddy Suggs (FA) while we are at it. :lol: That should help our LB core out a bit.

Nel Toille
12-28-2008, 07:40 PM
THANK YOU, LORD!
Hopefully, the next time I scream "JOHNSON, YOU'RE A PU$$Y!", it'll be when he's playing for the BRONCOS
that's right... i'm callin' it.

texaschief
12-28-2008, 08:01 PM
...this is all good news...

....is an aging Ray Lewis below market value in a trade? Prolly not eh? ....but I wouldnt mind trading LJ for Ray and while we are at lets sign his buddy Suggs (FA) while we are at it. :lol: That should help our LB core out a bit.

Ray Lewis will be a free agent. If the Chiefs want him, all they have to do is sign him.

Bike
12-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Ray Lewis will be a free agent. If the Chiefs want him, all they have to do is sign him.
Maybe he'll come here and shoot LJ.

I H8 Every Team But KC
12-28-2008, 08:12 PM
That's fine...take your ****ty attitude and your non team player attitude and don't let the door hit ya in the a$$!

arrowheadGoon305
12-28-2008, 09:23 PM
everyone will regret lj leaving the chiefs. u will see..hopefully the person we get for him is very good

jerhart
12-28-2008, 09:31 PM
everyone will regret lj leaving the chiefs. u will see..hopefully the person we get for him is very good

:funnypost:

fairladyZ
12-28-2008, 09:38 PM
I will be very sad and upset if LJ leaves. I still think he is one of the best backs in the league and with new coach and new outlook next season i think we will be sorry if we get rid of him. Everyone knows he's the type of runner that likes to get the ball alot and we give it to him -10 times a game? Him and TG are our biggest players and weapons and LJ is our highest payed player yet we never use the guy.

tornadospotter
12-28-2008, 09:40 PM
If LJ is not a Chief next season, I will be suprised, but only suprised that some one will trade for him. Wait Al still breathing, he might be a raider next season, and I say, do let the door hit you in the a$$.
:lol:

Bike
12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
If LJ is not a Chief next season, I will be suprised, but only suprised that some one will trade for him. Wait Al still breathing, he might be a raider next season, and I say, do let the door hit you in the a$$.
:lol:
I say new GM will eat his contract and get this cancer outta here with Herm...

Coach
12-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Very low trade value. He's worth more as a Chief, than to he is in a trade.

Bike
12-28-2008, 09:54 PM
I really think that if you consider LJ's age (30), off-field baggage, and bad attitude, he really isn't worth anything as a Chief and should be released outright and start anew with the new gm/coach. JMHO.

Coach
12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
I really think that if you consider LJ's age (30), off-field baggage, and bad attitude, he really isn't worth anything as a Chief and should be released outright and start anew with the new gm/coach. JMHO.

A lot will depend on the offensive philosophy of the new coach/gm. If they stick with the spread, he is expendable. If we run a convential offense under Chan Gailey, then LJ is a perfect back for that system.

Chuck
12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
LJ is done. He is not the back he once was, plus he is a cancer. He does not find creases or follow blockers well. He is a mess.
I watched the Jets/Miami game and there runners actually run hard.
LJ is nothing but an alcholic, woman hating, cancer that does not deserve to play in the NFL any longer.
Eat the contract and get rid of him.

Bike
12-28-2008, 10:15 PM
A lot will depend on the offensive philosophy of the new coach/gm. If they stick with the spread, he is expendable. If we run a convential offense under Chan Gailey, then LJ is a perfect back for that system.
I think he use to be the perfect back for that system. Not so much any more. As LJ said earlier today, its time to go. JMHO.

leaves
12-28-2008, 11:04 PM
LJ's pretty withered, if he goes, I'm not gonna bum too much. I did really like him, and for awhile he was legit.. but his styles caught up.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-28-2008, 11:10 PM
THANK YOU, LORD!
Hopefully, the next time I scream "JOHNSON, YOU'RE A PU$!", it'll be when he's playing for the BRONCOS
that's right... i'm callin' it.
You better hope your wrong because he will dominate us if he ends up there!!!!!

Bike
12-28-2008, 11:16 PM
LJ's domination days are done. He wants to be a rapper so he can humiliate women in song...

RedJohnson
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I didn't know all the CBS commentators were members of this board. :lol: The sooner he's gone the better, take the cap hit, trade him to Tyler chickens for some chicken twists and some alcoholic chicken.

Chiefstillidie
12-28-2008, 11:24 PM
good he can get the hell out along with herm edwards. Jamaal Charles is the future for the chiefs anyways! That guy is gonna be good.

Vandelay
12-28-2008, 11:28 PM
I didn't know all the CBS commentators were members of this board. :lol: The sooner he's gone the better, take the cap hit, trade him to Tyler chickens for some chicken twists and some alcoholic chicken.
I don't think you could get that much for him. he's not worth as much as Costanza. :lol:

YZILLA
12-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Ill miss him no matter what statistic you put in front of me to change my mind !

tornadospotter
12-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Well all I have to say about missing LJ, he is no Nitemare, He most certainly not a Joe Delany, and he can not even come close to being a Marcus Allen. He can go and try to be a man somewhere else. That being said, IMO, he will still be a Chief next year, unless he is in prison, or a raider (Half way House).

hermhater
12-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Who the hell knows what's gonna happen right now?

We don't have any idea who our new GM is gonna be yet.

RedJohnson
12-29-2008, 12:32 AM
I don't think you could get that much for him. he's not worth as much as Costanza. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I was hoping someone would get that.

theaxeeffect4311
12-29-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't understand how anyone could miss LJ? He has never been a team player. He does not run with the authority he used to. So yeah, trade him to the Broncos if they'll take him. I don't care if we get a coach like Cowher or whoever who wants to play smashmouth football. LJ needs to go.

When times get tough, LJ quits. Not a true team player.

Look at McNabb on the Eagles. How the F*** did the Eagles end up in the playoffs?!? He has been very inconsistent this season but pulled enough together to make the playoffs. That is what a team player is supposed to do when they hit hard times. Not quit so they can hope to be traded to a better team.

Big Daddy Tek
12-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Ill miss him no matter what statistic you put in front of me to change my mind !

Definitly agree. One of my top 3 favorites of all time! Ill miss LJ if he goes. I dont know how they could pull it off, but if they do, then I'll miss him. All of this not running hard stuff is crap. He has no where to go whenever he gets the ball and when he does have somewhere to go, hes gone for a huge gain every time.

bigpoppachief
12-29-2008, 01:33 AM
I say LJ can go he is just becoming a tumor but now I have to brun his jerseys and they are real GRRRR lol Luckily I got a custom one for Christmas

Chuck
12-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Guess you didn't watch the game today. On his first carry he misses and seem, doesn't read his block and goes outside. What should have been a 3 or 4 yard gain ended up in a 2 yd loss. Larry has no eyes to see creases he should take. He just goes.
There are a lot better backs out there at a lot cheaper price.

Canada
12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Keeping LJ will only reflect what type of franchise you guys want to have. I heard a comment earlier about Ray Lewis coming here and shooting LJ. And that the Raiders are a halfway house full of thugs. If that is the type of franchise we are looking at then keep LJ, I prefer a guy who is here for the team and the fans. LJ was a good RB but name a good running back over the age of 30. There have not been many and those who were are in a league above LJ. This is a situation where LJ does not want to be here and most of the fans do not want him here. Why not start fresh, give him his wish and let him go. There are plenty of RB that will be the same calibur as a 30 year old Larry Johnson. And please don't quote what he did in '06 and '07. We are going into the 2009 season now.

kcchiefs4life
12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
I think LJ made his mind up a while ago that he was done as a chief. He thinks he is the "star" and needs to be in control. I think it would be worth it to let him go. He is cancer and cannot control himself off the field. We have 2 good, young backs waiting to prove themselves.

Bye Bye, LJ you P.O.S. good luck with your painting career....

jmlamerson
12-29-2008, 10:41 AM
LARRY JOHNSON
Talk about your future with this organization …
“Hopefully, my future is not with this organization. It’s not (the Chiefs’) fault. Half of it is mine. Half of it is my off-the-field situation and other things that occurred.

“On the football field, my role definitely diminished when I came back (from injury). I felt like I wasn’t getting as many carries as I could have handled. I felt like I could have helped as much as I could have, but they shifted their powers to other players on the team. I feel as though my time is up in this city and this program.”

There is going to be a general manager change and possibly a coaching change. Do those changes affect your attitude?
“No. It has everything to do with the environment. The city is tired of me, and the organization and I have run our course together. It’s time to move on for me. There could be 100 changes. It’s time for me to go.”

Are you going to ask for a trade?
“No. (The Chiefs) pretty much wrote that in the sand these last few weeks.”

How do you feel like you fit in to the Chiefs’ spread offense?
“I don’t. I have never been a six- or seven-carry per game back and expect 200-yard rushing games. It’s never been my style. I wish it could be. It’s not me. I wear down defenses and get yards when the offense really pounds the rushing plays.”

Source: Click (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/12/28/chiefsbengals_postgame_quotes/)

I can't see any team trading for LJ, so we probably cut him. At least we erase another terrible FA mistake made by the CP/Herm administration.

yashi
12-29-2008, 11:16 AM
If he doesn't want to play here then I don't want him to play here.

Go ahead and cut him, take the loss, and draft Rashad Jennings from Liberty or someone else to run inside while Charles runs outside, with Kolby Smith as the backup.

chief31
12-29-2008, 11:41 AM

He may do extremely well somewhere else. But I won't regret losing him.

I will be very sad and upset if LJ leaves. I still think he is one of the best backs in the league and with new coach and new outlook next season i think we will be sorry if we get rid of him. Everyone knows he's the type of runner that likes to get the ball alot and we give it to him -10 times a game? Him and TG are our biggest players and weapons and LJ is our highest payed player yet we never use the guy.

If a HB sucks on his first ten carries, then the game is generally over. Or at least to a point where you are forced to pass.

The better a back does in the first ten carries, the more likely it is that he will be able to get the ball more.

LJ is what 95% of HBs are. Just as good as the talent that is blocking for him.

Very low trade value. He's worth more as a Chief, than to he is in a trade.

Unfortunately.

The only thing that I will miss about LJ is watching him run behind Roaf; Weigmann; Shields; Waters and T-Rich.

I have missed that for two seasons now. So no loss to me.

olddiehard
12-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I for one will be happy to see cry baby hit the road. He reminds me of my grandkids playing ball "if I can't have the ball then I'm not going to play".
He had one good year and it went straight to his head.
He's worse than T Owens at least T O can still score TD's.
The last few games Cry Baby almost showed something but then that was just auditioning for other teams.:mob:

RatherDashing
12-29-2008, 11:34 PM
I, for one, am incredibly happy that yet another sloth is going to be rid of.

Larry Johnson has done nothing whatsoever this year that has impressed me. Each time he's been handed the ball, I expected a 1-3 yard gain from him. I'm sure it's partially the Chief's fault for having a crappy offensive line, but still.

You could tell by Johnson's plays that he could care less if we won or not. His heart wasn't into helping us win more than two games this year.

For all I'm concerned, good riddance.

theaxeeffect4311
12-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Definitly agree. One of my top 3 favorites of all time! Ill miss LJ if he goes. I dont know how they could pull it off, but if they do, then I'll miss him. All of this not running hard stuff is crap. He has no where to go whenever he gets the ball and when he does have somewhere to go, hes gone for a huge gain every time.

If you are a true LJ fan, then wouldn't you want him to go to another team where he can go on to become that great player you remember in your eyes.

Pro_Angler
12-29-2008, 11:50 PM
And people ask me all the time..if your a Chiefs fan why don't you wear thier jerseys???? I say that because of people like LJ thats why!!! I would probably never buy but maybe a TG jersey today. players arent dedicated and trust worthy like they were years ago. I sport a crap load of chiefs gear but not jerseys for this reason.