PDA

View Full Version : chiefs to re-locate

timbok
07-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Do you guys think its possible the Chiefs might re-locate?
If they do I think they would either go to Toronto Canada...or los Angeles..
the Toronto Chiefs..lol

Sweets
07-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Personally I don't see that happening, the KC people would probably burn down city hall, the fan base here is huge and the people love their Chiefs, there's no way they would allow the Chiefs to move to say L.A. that would be the death of any team.

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 01:28 PM
No way!!! How come they voted down the stadium refurb with the walk way to Kaufman?

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Lamar Hunt would turn over in his grave.

stlchief
07-17-2007, 01:44 PM
They did talk about building a new stadium on the Kansas side of the state line. This would likely lead to a lot of the Missouri-side fans leaving the Chiefs behind. Jackson County, MO already are not really found of the Johnson County, KS folk. A lot of it is KU / MU issues, but there is also some tax issues in supporting Arrowhead / Kauffman stadiums (the Johnson County residents aren't paying their far share for usage of stadiums and stuff like that).

Anyway - that didn't fly and I think at least part of the reason was concern for loss of fan base. And that was a move just 10 miles away. I don't see the Chiefs going anywhere....

Any other locals disagree with the assessment above?

wolfpack
07-17-2007, 01:58 PM
i think the jets should move to canada then at least there would be only the jets big brother left in new york.

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 03:38 PM
I thought they were talking about putting a retractable roof on the stadium? I heard that got voted down. Anyone know why?

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
I thought they were talking about putting a retractable roof on the stadium? I heard that got voted down. Anyone know why?

See stlchief71's post above; I believe he probably adressed that issue.

timbok
07-17-2007, 07:16 PM
the chiefs haven;t won in 38 years...its possible....so is the jets..but the jets are hiulding a new stadium soon..and if they move to toronto...there the smae distance north

Canada
07-17-2007, 07:23 PM
IF the Chiefs move, bring em to Canada...I will take good care of them!!

timbok
07-17-2007, 07:25 PM
i was waiting for your response..lol..i bet u would...

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 09:17 PM
See stlchief71's post above; I believe he probably adressed that issue.

All I see is talk about a new stadium. I thought I heard about a retractable roof. Being in Az.. I don't get the info. I would like to get through the news or radio.

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
All I see is talk about a new stadium. I thought I heard about a retractable roof. Being in Az.. I don't get the info. I would like to get through the news or radio.

There was; it was actually a part of the complexes original plan, but could never and still can't, get funded.

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 11:48 PM
There was; it was actually a part of the complexes original plan, but could never and still can't, get funded.

Is it because the voters won't put up the coin?

timbok
07-17-2007, 11:52 PM
i wonder..who the next to re-locate will be..

chief31
07-17-2007, 11:57 PM
The plan was awesome. It was a roof, that was on weels, so it could roll over the baseball field, then over Arrowhead, as well. In between stadiums, it would rest, over the adjoining parking lot. Looked awesome. (There was a little video, on the chiefs site, that showed how it would work.)

DrunkHillbilly
07-18-2007, 12:06 AM
The plan was awesome. It was a roof, that was on weels, so it could roll over the baseball field, then over Arrowhead, as well. In between stadiums, it would rest, over the adjoining parking lot. Looked awesome. (There was a little video, on the chiefs site, that showed how it would work.)

WOW!! That would have been Awesome!

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Is it because the voters won't put up the coin?

Yep!!!

Guru
07-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Do you guys think its possible the Chiefs might re-locate?
If they do I think they would either go to Toronto Canada...or los Angeles..
the Toronto Chiefs..lol

If they did, it would be to L.A. That is not going to happen though.

chief31
07-21-2007, 07:37 AM
WOW!! That would have been Awesome!

Here is a link, to the proposed rolling roof. There are pictures, but the video didn't want to work, when I tried it.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/02/23/campaign_to_save_our_stadiums_kicks_off_today2/

Anyway, this is the best I could find.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Cool stuff.

Coach
07-21-2007, 10:39 AM
That would have been cool. From the looks of it, I guess it would block the elements such as snow and rain. But it wouldn't make it any warmer in December, since it wouldn't be heated. That would probably be a good thing to retain the home field advantage that they've enjoyed in December.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 01:31 PM
That would have been cool. From the looks of it, I guess it would block the elements such as snow and rain. But it wouldn't make it any warmer in December, since it wouldn't be heated. That would probably be a good thing to retain the home field advantage that they've enjoyed in December.

I hadn't thought of that; a nice touch in deed.

wolfpack
07-21-2007, 03:35 PM
i say no to the roof. football was made to be played outdoors on natural grass! not in some sissy chopped uped nike shoes field,sipp`n wine in 70 degree air with no chance of rain or snow. play football like it was made to be played.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 07:47 PM
i say no to the roof. football was made to be played outdoors on natural grass! not in some sissy chopped uped nike shoes field,sipp`n wine in 70 degree air with no chance of rain or snow. play football like it was made to be played.

Agreed, but you'll never host a SB in those conditions; for all those who care weather or not KC hosts one or not. I just want them to win one sometime before I die. :D

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Agreed, but you'll never host a SB in those conditions; for all those who care weather or not KC hosts one or not. I just want them to win one sometime before I die. :D

No Super Bowl is exactly correct! That's why I think they were looking at doing this. I guaranty that with something to protect the fans from the weather, KC would definitely get a Super Bowl game!!! Detroit got one for cryin out loud!!

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
No Super Bowl is exactly correct! That's why I think they were looking at doing this. I guaranty that with something to protect the fans from the weather, KC would definitely get a Super Bowl game!!! Detroit got one for cryin out loud!!

The league had actually guaranteed the Chiefs a Super Bowl had the citizens voted through the funding for the roof.

m0ef0e
07-21-2007, 08:27 PM
The league had actually guaranteed the Chiefs a Super Bowl had the citizens voted through the funding for the roof.

Yea, in 2015 or something like that...

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Yea, in 2015 or something like that...

Better later than NEVER!!!

m0ef0e
07-21-2007, 08:49 PM
agreed. it would have done a lot of good things for KC imo...

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 08:49 PM
...Again though, all contingent upon the roof.

wolfpack
07-23-2007, 09:49 PM
the roof will never happen unless the glasses,er hunts pay for it. at least i can say i faintly remember sitting with mom and dad watching their only super bowl win. but it seems tobe getting harder and harder everyear to remember it.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 09:53 PM
the roof will never happen unless the glasses,er hunts pay for it. at least i can say i faintly remember sitting with mom and dad watching their only super bowl win. but it seems tobe getting harder and harder everyear to remember it.

I got most of it on DVD.

wolfpack
07-23-2007, 10:00 PM
one of the biggest things i remember,probably because of the age i was when it happened, was the ballon with the viking fan in it crashing into the seats. funny then and funny now.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 10:02 PM
one of the biggest things i remember,probably because of the age i was when it happened, was the ballon with the viking fan in it crashing into the seats. funny then and funny now.

I liked the guy on the fifty yard line playing the xylophone at half time; no wardrobe malfunction there.

wolfpack
07-23-2007, 10:04 PM
dont remember that. although half time was time to eat and do other things.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 10:05 PM
dont remember that. although half time was time to eat and do other things.

…Freaking hilarious by today’s standards.

Guru
07-23-2007, 11:46 PM

Not a good enough reason to spend that kind of money.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 11:52 PM

Well, the voters have spoken.

DrunkHillbilly
07-24-2007, 12:08 AM

What kind of money??? I know that we have built 2 new stadiums in Az. and been taxed for both. Never even noticed a difference! It was like a quarter sales tax.

Guru
07-24-2007, 12:49 AM
What kind of money??? I know that we have built 2 new stadiums in Az. and been taxed for both. Never even noticed a difference! It was like a quarter sales tax.

Just stating that is why it didn't happen. The citizens of KC don't want to foot that kind of bill for something that won't mean crap until 2015. Carl is on record as saying he would never use it during a regular season OR playoff game. Granted Carl won't be in charge much longer but this is one thing I completely agree with him on.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Just stating that is why it didn't happen. The citizens of KC don't want to foot that kind of bill for something that won't mean crap until 2015. Carl is on record as saying he would never use it during a regular season OR playoff game. Granted Carl won't be in charge much longer but this is one thing I completely agree with him on.

Also I think that the logistics of building something that rolls from one stadium to another is a whole other thing entirely. I can't imagine the kinds of difficulties that might involve, but I'm no engineer.

kenny1937
07-24-2007, 01:50 PM
What you do is go the least expensive route, you build a track at each end of the stadium, with a long rolled up tarp attaches to rollers on each end of the track, push a button and the tarp rolls over the stadium, and when the game is over, push another button and the tarp rolls back. You pay for it by adding a ten dollar charge to each ticket, and using the left over money to pay LJ. Problem solved with no tax money. (grin)

:wheelchair: Hee, Hee, I'm sure glad I thought of that, Hee hee!!

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
What you do is go the least expensive route, you build a track at each end of the stadium, with a long rolled up tarp attaches to rollers on each end of the track, push a button and the tarp rolls over the stadium, and when the game is over, push another button and the tarp rolls back. You pay for it by adding a ten dollar charge to each ticket, and using the left over money to pay LJ. Problem solved with no tax money. (grin)

There you have it. :p

kenny1937
07-26-2007, 02:53 AM
:wheelchair: Hee, Hee, I sure am glad I thought of that, I think that there is some old tarp in the storage room that we don't use anymore, Wow! Big Bucks Savings!!

:character0065: Errrr! is he for REAL!!