PDA

View Full Version : i bet you people agree

Chiefstillidie
12-29-2008, 12:55 AM
i was just thinking back to the 1997 season when they decided to put elvis grbac back in when gannon was winning for us. I just started thinking that we would have won the superbowl that year had they stuck with gannon. Just made this loss even more frustrating today when i really thought about it..grr

hermhater
12-29-2008, 01:00 AM
That is so friggin' frustrating dude!!!

Why the heck was that decision made???

Chiefstillidie
12-29-2008, 01:07 AM
cause carl peterson was at the helm..

okikcfan
12-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Ahh, but so was Marty.........And he is said to be having a meeting this week with Clark...

theaxeeffect4311
12-29-2008, 01:14 AM
I was only nine when that happened and I still remember my dad trying to explain that to me.

He didn't have an answer.

hermhater
12-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm sad that we won't get to see our Chiefs play again for awhile, but I don't feel like yelling at them right now.

Who wants a beer?

Chiefstillidie
12-29-2008, 01:23 AM
yeah but i hope marty becomes the new gm if they can't get pioli from the pats who i am hoping they get....marty might not have won the big one yet but he sure got us to the playoffs for 6 years in a row and it was fun winning even if we did choke in the playoffs....i still want cowher here so bad...

hermhater
12-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Don't wet your pants waiting on him dude.

Bike
12-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Don't wet your pants waiting on him dude.
I just did. Damn beer. Gimme more.
My new years' wish: Marty and Cowher reunite in KC.

bigpoppachief
12-29-2008, 02:07 AM
I just got excited thinking about Marty and Cowher working together :D

hermhater
12-29-2008, 02:50 AM
http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/GIF/sig_pics/kansas_city_chiefs_2008_record.jpg

texaschief
12-29-2008, 02:52 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

We were 21 and 14? I didn't realize we played that many games. What's the "W" for? :lol:

hermhater
12-29-2008, 02:56 AM
It's for a "Win".

The stupid thing that looks like a backwards "J" is an "L".

I'm not very good at graphics apparently.

texaschief
12-29-2008, 03:05 AM
It's for a "Win".

The stupid thing that looks like a backwards "J" is an "L".

I'm not very good at graphics apparently.

lol. i was just givin you a hard time. could you possibly focus on the future? the 2008 season ended about 11 hours ago. the Chiefs are going to be the 2009 AFC West champ. Make a graphic saying that.

Seek
12-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Ahh, but so was Marty.........And he is said to be having a meeting this week with Clark...

That is just a rumor and if it be true. The Chiefs are in bad shape. Marty is a coach. Nothing more, nothing less.

tornadospotter
12-29-2008, 07:21 AM
So was the Bill Parcells, Marty can be a chief of football operations.

lansdale01
01-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Well, Cowher bowed out today. Our best bet is to get rid of the herminator next year, unless we can pick up Broncos' old coach Shanahan this year. We just need new blood. Its also looking like we are probably going to draft out a DE or a QB. I'd like to have Andre Smith here if we could grab him. It would be great to have him here on our o-line and a decent quarterback too. Its unlikely, but we might end up with a decent quarterback at least. It all depends on what St Louis does. There are a few free agents after this year too worth picking up. With LJ gone, we'll have plenty of cap room to pick up a couple decent players.

hardcorechiefsfan
01-05-2009, 12:56 AM
i was just thinking back to the 1997 season when they decided to put elvis grbac back in when gannon was winning for us. I just started thinking that we would have won the superbowl that year had they stuck with gannon. Just made this loss even more frustrating today when i really thought about it..grr
Yup some people make bad decisions, Wasn't Marty HC? But didn't the chiefs give Grbac a hefty contract filled with green stuff?

Canada
01-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Just a question. I have heard a lot of complaints about how the Chiefs are always picking up the castoffs of other teams, yet all i have heard about is how bad everyone wants Cowher, Pioli, Parcells, Shannahan etc... are these guys not cast offs from other teams?

texaschief
01-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Just a question. I have heard a lot of complaints about how the Chiefs are always picking up the castoffs of other teams, yet all i have heard about is how bad everyone wants Cowher, Pioli, Parcells, Shannahan etc... are these guys not cast offs from other teams?

Kokonis and Rex Ryan!!!

Canada
01-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Fine!!

texaschief
01-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Fine!!

thank you. :bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
01-05-2009, 02:51 AM

I think it all depends really. Speaking for myself I would have to say that none of these guys except for Shanahan are cast offs. For someone to truly be a cast off, they would have had to have been "fired" by their previous team.

Cowher retired, I fully believe he would still be coaching the Steelers had he not retired.

Pioli is still employed, he has not been cast off from any team. In his case he is looking to move up, sort of a job promotion so to speak, nothing wrong with that.

Parcells, I believe that if Parcells were to leave Miami, it is not because the ownership does not want him there, it is because he does not want to work with new ownership. Parcells has left a number of teams, but always on his own decision, never having been fired as far as I know.

Shanahan is one that you mentioned that truly could be considered a cast off. He was let go by the Broncos, but probably more for his inability to be General Manager than for his ability to coach the team. But yes, your criticism of Shanahan is justified in this sense.

Canada
01-05-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm not criuticizing. In all honesty, when it comes to a GM I have no clue. I watch the game but I could care less who most management/head office guys are for the most part. I trust that Clark will make the right choice, I was just curious if our new GM does not work out, is he going to be another "complaint" on the list of people we have taken from other teams.

But I guess most guys who are qualified for this type of position have to work their way up somewhere right?!

Chiefstillidie
01-07-2009, 04:53 PM
well it still was stupid to put in grbac over gannon when he was winning for us.Oh well i suppose!

m0ef0e
01-07-2009, 04:57 PM
well it still was stupid to put in grbac over gannon when he was winning for us.Oh well i suppose!

What's really frustrating is the fact that we didn't learn from it and made the same mistake with Huard and Green. The only difference is that Gannon should have started the following season, as well. Huard's window was only for that one season in Herm's first year here and he got screwed out of it, IMO.

Chiefstillidie
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
What's really frustrating is the fact that we didn't learn from it and made the same mistake with Huard and Green. The only difference is that Gannon should have started the following season, as well. Huard's window was only for that one season in Herm's first year here and he got screwed out of it, IMO.

you are so right i do remember wishing they would have put huard in at the time but herm the idiot that he is kept green in there because he wanted to show green loyalty because he was the starter! It's not about who should be the starter..it's about who will win for you team i thought i remember but oh well to that i suppose!

Hayvern
01-07-2009, 06:32 PM

Just like it was stupid to put Green back in at Quarterback when we went into that playoff game in 04. Huard had been playing well and Green had not played all season. Coaches do this because they do not want to start a quarterback controversy, but sometimes the controversy I think is better than the results.

I H8 Every Team But KC
01-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I was more frustrated in 1995 when Elliot missed three field goals in yet another season where we had a 13-3 record with home field. I know everyone in the apartment complaex I lived in at the time heard my screams of pain everytime he missed a damn field goal. NOw that was worse to me...

L. Elliot :sign0098: dumba$$!

m0ef0e
01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I was more frustrated in 1995 when Elliot missed three field goals in yet another season where we had a 13-3 record with home field. I know everyone in the apartment complaex I lived in at the time heard my screams of pain everytime he missed a damn field goal. NOw that was worse to me...

Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me of that one... :lol:

Bike
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
I just regurgitated.

I H8 Every Team But KC
01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me of that one... :lol:

I know man sorry :) Man, that was a rough span of years...

m0ef0e
01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
All self-defense dummies should come equipped with Lin Elliott jerseys.

Bike
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
HAHA! I wonder what ol' Linn is up to these days? Probably wallowing in self-pity watching reruns of that frigid day...poor guy - not!

m0ef0e
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Laces out, DAN!!!!!

Hayvern
01-07-2009, 09:55 PM

Yeah dude, seriously, most of us had gotten over that one and it is sort of an unwritten rule that we do not bring up the year &^%5. Thanks for breaking the rules and setting us all back to drooling and banging our heads against the wall!

:lol:

Chiefstillidie
01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah dude, seriously, most of us had gotten over that one and it is sort of an unwritten rule that we do not bring up the year &^%5. Thanks for breaking the rules and setting us all back to drooling and banging our heads against the wall!

that was a painful year to.

Vandelay
01-08-2009, 04:22 AM
that game against the colts was by far the most painful experience i've had as a chiefs fan. I remember getting sicker as lin elliot missed two field goals. and then the final kick sailed wide. my entire family sat there in stunned silence. I will get over that loss when the chiefs win a playoff game. btw lin elliot sucks.

I H8 Every Team But KC
01-08-2009, 09:09 AM

Sorry guys I'm new & didn't know the rule :)

Lets hope the future brings some better memories!:bananen_smilies046: