PDA

View Full Version : Cowher a very good possiblity !

YZILLA
12-30-2008, 04:13 AM
I have actually heard that Cowher is a very good possibility and that is thanks to Marty being used as a consultant to clark and getting clark and Cower together for talks . Although he might come in as GM and Head coach and bring in his own guy to be in charge of Player Personnel . Sounded like marty will possibly end up with the Jets . Cowher was asked by the Browns but declined because he had no interest in cleveland. He said he did have interst in coaching in the 09 season if the money and power given to him was right !

slc chief
12-30-2008, 08:06 AM
these are all rumors at this point

chief31
12-30-2008, 09:39 AM
these are all rumors at this point

But good rumors. :D

Drunker Hillbilly
12-30-2008, 11:05 AM
I just read on ESPN.com that Cowher will NOT interview with the Jets because as you said, he wants the ability to bring in his own personell. If Hunt doesn't see that there is every opportunity to get this guy here right now, this organization is in trouble!!!!!!! If the guy declines fine, but if Hunt doesn't pull out all stops to at least bring this guy in for an interview or extend the invitation he is more out of his fricken mind than I already think!!!!!!

KcChiefsForever58
12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Cowher would be a dream come true! He's a proven winner. I actually discussed a scenario with my brother the other day about bringing in Cowher as the GM. Josh McDaniels as our new HC (This would put us right there in the draft to get a project QB as our franchise QB), putting Gunther back on Linebackers, hiring an outright new Defensive Coordinator, the hiring of McDaniels would no doubt get rid of Curl, then just an outright cleansing of our coaching staff. New team, new staff, now the rebuilding would begin!

Edit: OMG New to these forums and didn't realize that new threads appeared above old ones lol!

Pro_Angler
12-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Never Gonna Happen Any Of It.

Coach
12-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Never Gonna Happen Any Of It.
Way to stay positive.

Hayvern
12-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Way to stay positive.

I would like to stay positive, I really don't think this organization is interested in winning, they are more interested in money. I am really disappointed to hear that the Jets are offering Cowher the world, and there has not even been one rumor that the Chiefs are talking with him.

Why is that? Because Hunt knows that Cowher is going to take a lot more money than any other coach out there to come in and he does not want to pay it. Why do you think he is talking to Schottenheimer? At least that is the rumor. It is because Marty is an out of work coach and needs some income, he will likely come cheap.

I am convinced now, especially since there has been no talk about making any change at head coach, that Edwards is coming back for sure next year. So we all had better buckle down and get ready for a continued losing season because he will be back.

jmlamerson
12-30-2008, 02:37 PM
I would like to stay positive, I really don't think this organization is interested in winning, they are more interested in money. I am really disappointed to hear that the Jets are offering Cowher the world, and there has not even been one rumor that the Chiefs are talking with him.

Why is that? Because Hunt knows that Cowher is going to take a lot more money than any other coach out there to come in and he does not want to pay it. Why do you think he is talking to Schottenheimer? At least that is the rumor. It is because Marty is an out of work coach and needs some income, he will likely come cheap.

I am convinced now, especially since there has been no talk about making any change at head coach, that Edwards is coming back for sure next year. So we all had better buckle down and get ready for a continued losing season because he will be back.

I don't think it's cheapness, really. I just don't think Hunt wants to engage in a public wooing of Cowher that he can't win. The Jets and the Browns are more attractive jobs to Cowher (New York and his old stomping grounds), and it's worse for the Chiefs to be brushed off than not to begin the chase.

I'd rather the Chiefs chase a guy they have a chance of getting (Pioli, Polian, etc.) than one they don't.

And don't worry, as soon as we get a new GM, Edwards is out the door. Again, Clark is being smart and letting the new GM do the housecleaning, as not to appear desparate.

KottkeKU
12-30-2008, 04:19 PM
[quote=KcChiefsForever58;110552]putting Gunther back on Linebackersquote]

how in the world could you want Gunther to be apart of anything KC Chiefs...i hope this guy gets run over

Drunker Hillbilly
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't think it's cheapness, really. I just don't think Hunt wants to engage in a public wooing of Cowher that he can't win. The Jets and the Browns are more attractive jobs to Cowher (New York and his old stomping grounds), and it's worse for the Chiefs to be brushed off than not to begin the chase.

I'd rather the Chiefs chase a guy they have a chance of getting (Pioli, Polian, etc.) than one they don't.

And don't worry, as soon as we get a new GM, Edwards is out the door. Again, Clark is being smart and letting the new GM do the housecleaning, as not to appear desparate.
UHHHHH.....when desperate it is OK to appear desperate!!!!!!

jmlamerson
12-30-2008, 04:50 PM
UHHHHH.....when desperate it is OK to appear desperate!!!!!!

Clark has a lot better chance of landing a marquee GM by targeting that GM singularly than by chasing every high profile name. And the fan base will be happier if they don't get crushingly disappointed every time one of the guys we chase signs elsewhere.

Pro_Angler
12-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Chin is not coming to KC just get it out of your head ..

Drunker Hillbilly
12-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Clark has a lot better chance of landing a marquee GM by targeting that GM singularly than by chasing every high profile name. And the fan base will be happier if they don't get crushingly disappointed every time one of the guys we chase signs elsewhere.
I didn't say chase and grovel at his feet. I just said at least extend an invitation to talk to the guy!!!!! We never talk to anyone!!!!! Especially in the FA market!!!!!!! Clark is a cheap *******!!!!

drstandley31
12-30-2008, 06:13 PM
[quote=KcChiefsForever58;110552]putting Gunther back on Linebackersquote]

how in the world could you want Gunther to be apart of anything KC Chiefs...i hope this guy gets run over
I agree with that. Nice guy, but the game has long passed him by. Can't believe how he ran that defensive front. And if it's all Herm's fault for making him play a D he doesn't understand, then he should be there anyway. Regardless, you're as good as your record, and his D stats blow. In some cases, worst in NFL History. That usually means you pack your bags and leave before they have to tell you. Always liked the guy, and I'd have a beer with him, but he better resume his coaching career from the easy chair.

jmlamerson
12-30-2008, 06:21 PM
I didn't say chase and grovel at his feet. I just said at least extend an invitation to talk to the guy!!!!! We never talk to anyone!!!!! Especially in the FA market!!!!!!! Clark is a cheap *******!!!!

We're chasing Pioli right now. We don't want to screw that up by flirting with Cowher.

This shouldn't be that hard to understand.

texaschief
12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
If Cowher DOES come here, he's probably going to want a 3-4. Anyone know how that would benefit our current personnel? Wouldn't that kinda kill our defense even more? We have two very talented (albeit young) DTs and only 1 good LB. This would seem counter productive if we're already short at LB when we have to fill 2 spots, but now we'd have to fill three spots.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-30-2008, 07:55 PM
We're chasing Pioli right now. We don't want to screw that up by flirting with Cowher.

This shouldn't be that hard to understand.
I watch and listen to sports reports all day long. I have heard VERY little about the Chiefs chasing Pioli. The last report about the Chiefs was that Hunt was talking to Shotts about a similare position as Parcells has and that he would look to bring in Cam Cameron if he were to accept the job. Reported by Michael Smith of ESPN about 2 hours ago. Maybe 4 or 5pm KC time.

Chiefstillidie
12-30-2008, 08:41 PM

your an idiot...read my thread about edwards..he's gone..fired.. he won't be back next year

texaschief
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I watch and listen to sports reports all day long. I have heard VERY little about the Chiefs chasing Pioli. The last report about the Chiefs was that Hunt was talking to Shotts about a similare position as Parcells has and that he would look to bring in Cam Cameron if he were to accept the job. Reported by Michael Smith of ESPN about 2 hours ago. Maybe 4 or 5pm KC time.

Cam Cameron? Well, guess we know who we'd draft. He'd take Crabtree, no questions asked. I still can't believe he took Ginn Jr.

texaschief
12-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't know how "idiotic" it is to think Edwards might be back. By not firing Edwards immediately and by not hiring a GM immediately, Hunt has put the Chiefs behind the rest of the teams who are looking for coaches as well.

I've said before that I think Hunt is going to hire a guy who believes Edwards should stay... or at least give him the last year on his contract. The Browns and Jets already have coaching interviews lined up. By the time the new GM comes in and evaluates the team and its staff, come of the premier coaches are going to be gone... even if the GM is hired TODAY.

Chiefstillidie
12-30-2008, 09:06 PM
edwards is gone...trust me...

texaschief
12-30-2008, 09:16 PM
edwards is gone...trust me...

I'd like to trust you, but I don't know you, first of all. lol

Second, the biggest problem I have with this story is the simple fact that its being leaked with only ONE confirmed meeting with a GM candidate... and he was only interviewing for the President's role. Hunt has repeatedly said that he's been supportive of Herm Edwards. He also said the new GM would have a say in the retention of Edwards. So, either we already have a GM that nobody knows about who was able to convince Hunt to fire Herm TODAY, or Mr. Hunt did a complete 180 on what he said and decided to fire Herm TODAY and not wait for the new GM.

This just seems like a very flimsy story that hasn't been confirmed. So, excuse me for not jumping out the window with you on this one.

Chiefstillidie
12-30-2008, 09:18 PM
alrighty man if you like herm edwards that is fine...i hate the guy personally and know he's gonna get the boot..and that's ok if you don't believe me..i'll just let you find out on your own when it happens! k!:drunkhb:

Chiefstillidie
12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
and of course there not gonna confirm it...that's why they are waiting for 3 days before they announce it...no noe was supposed to find out...it just happened to have leaked out on the net

texaschief
12-30-2008, 09:22 PM
alrighty man if you like herm edwards that is fine...i hate the guy personally and know he's gonna get the boot..and that's ok if you don't believe me..i'll just let you find out on your own when it happens! k!:drunkhb:

and of course there not gonna confirm it...that's why they are waiting for 3 days before they announce it...no noe was supposed to find out...it just happened to have leaked out on the net

...ok

Chiefstillidie
12-30-2008, 09:24 PM
and for anyone saying that's it not a legit source...the site i got it from is a forum for people that live in kansas city missouri...they talk about all kinds of things in the kc missouri area including the chiefs...so why you say this isn't a legit source i'm not understanding...do you not think people in kc work at arrowhead or not? i'm just curious?

texaschief
12-30-2008, 09:36 PM
and for anyone saying that's it not a legit source...the site i got it from is a forum for people that live in kansas city missouri...they talk about all kinds of things in the kc missouri area including the chiefs...so why you say this isn't a legit source i'm not understanding...do you not think people in kc work at arrowhead or not? i'm just curious?

A "legit source" is a site that either has confirmed people who work inside arrowhead and have consistently been proven more right than wrong when they discuss rumors.

Roger's cousin, Jimmy who, re-stocks the soda machines across the street from the mail center (which, receives and delivers the mail from/to arrowhead) who, has a friend who, delivers the mail to the secretary who, over heard a guy named Tim who, works in the mail room talking to the new intern about Herm Edwards being fired within the next couple days.... isn't exactly a "legit source."

lol jk

Chiefstillidie
12-30-2008, 09:39 PM
alright man i suppose we shall see...but when it happens i'm letting ya know about it!:bananen_smilies046:

Big Daddy Tek
12-30-2008, 09:48 PM
alright man i suppose we shall see...but when it happens i'm letting ya know about it!:bananen_smilies046:

I can tell you right now, that you or anybody else, do not have any idea about Herm's status. Herms fate will be revealed after the GM signing. If someone knew, everybody would know and I would have dug it up long before you even conceived your thread.

texaschief
12-30-2008, 09:49 PM
The timing just doesn't make sense. That's all I'm saying. Something drastic has happened if this is true. Either Hunt realized he actually DOESN'T support what Herm has done the past 3 years over the last week or the Chiefs have hired a GM. Or, maybe Herm gave the owner an ultimatum regarding Kuharich. But, I don't see that happening.

So, ultimately, something HUGE has happened this week that we just don't know about.

texaschief
12-30-2008, 09:50 PM
I can tell you right now, that you or anybody else, do not have any idea about Herm's status. Herms fate will be revealed after the GM signing. If someone knew, everybody would know and I would have dug it up long before you even conceived your thread.

LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :funnypost:

theaxeeffect4311
12-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I'd like to trust you, but I don't know you, first of all. lol

Second, the biggest problem I have with this story is the simple fact that its being leaked with only ONE confirmed meeting with a GM candidate... and he was only interviewing for the President's role. Hunt has repeatedly said that he's been supportive of Herm Edwards. He also said the new GM would have a say in the retention of Edwards. So, either we already have a GM that nobody knows about who was able to convince Hunt to fire Herm TODAY, or Mr. Hunt did a complete 180 on what he said and decided to fire Herm TODAY and not wait for the new GM.

This just seems like a very flimsy story that hasn't been confirmed. So, excuse me for not jumping out the window with you on this one.

But do you see Herm being fired as a possibility?

Chiefstillidie
12-30-2008, 10:12 PM

yes i forgot and you just happen to know then huh? oh btw since you think you know everythings i'll just let you know that i have a relative who works at arrowhead...so put that in your pipe and smoke it jackass...you don't know wtf your talking about!

Chiefstillidie
12-30-2008, 10:14 PM
and if you would have dug it up way before i started that thread then you would have been the one starting the thread about herm edwards being fired now wouldn't you? But you wasn't the one..i was!

texaschief
12-30-2008, 10:37 PM
But do you see Herm being fired as a possibility?

Its definitely a possibility. I just think the timing is weird. Something about all this sounds weird to me. Like I said, something BIG would have had to happen for it to go down like this. Either we don't know about the new GM or Hunt is going to have to explain why he decided to do one thing while he said he'd do something completely opposite.

Coach
12-30-2008, 10:53 PM
your an idiot...read my thread about edwards..he's gone..fired.. he won't be back next year

Infraction and PM sent. No personal attacks.

This site is a forum that talks exclusively about the Chiefs. Of the 2000 members we have, several live in KC and have ties to the organization. If I were to post a thread on this forum saying that Herm has been fired, would that make it fact? No, just like the forum thread that you quoted. He may very well get fired, but it will have nothing to do with 2nd hand information posted on a forum by someone who doesn't work for the Chiefs organization or isn't named Clark Hunt.

so put that in your pipe and smoke it jackass...you don't know wtf your talking about!

Again, personal attacks aren't allowed. PM sent. Everyone abides by the rules here. If you don't like the rules here, then visit another site where they allow that crap. Here is a list:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=14&Itemid=23

Almost all of us want Herm fired. We are just waiting for a credible source to report it. Credible sources would include Clark Hunt, or a major news site such as ESPN or NFL.com.

theaxeeffect4311
12-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Its definitely a possibility. I just think the timing is weird. Something about all this sounds weird to me. Like I said, something BIG would have had to happen for it to go down like this. Either we don't know about the new GM or Hunt is going to have to explain why he decided to do one thing while he said he'd do something completely opposite.

But do people always do like they say? What I am trying to get at is that Hunt has been very conservative in everything he has said. Almost politically correct. I think if he actually thinks Herm is a bad coach, he would not say it out loud because this is his first big move as the owner. He wants it to look like he is doing the smart move/the right move. Therefore, if it was me, I would gather others to agree with me, then say that we came to a conclusion that Herm should be fired.

As far as timing, he may be waiting until he has all the pieces into place. That way no one wonders what will happen, but look like Hunt is on top of things.

Of course, this is just speculation because I am not Clark Hunt or know what he is doing.

Chiefster
12-30-2008, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't mind Cowher in the least.

Chiefster
12-30-2008, 11:30 PM

yes i forgot and you just happen to know then huh? oh btw since you think you know everythings i'll just let you know that i have a relative who works at arrowhead...so put that in your pipe and smoke it jackass...you don't know wtf your talking about!

Smells like tims.

texaschief
12-30-2008, 11:35 PM
But do people always do like they say? What I am trying to get at is that Hunt has been very conservative in everything he has said. Almost politically correct. I think if he actually thinks Herm is a bad coach, he would not say it out loud because this is his first big move as the owner. He wants it to look like he is doing the smart move/the right move. Therefore, if it was me, I would gather others to agree with me, then say that we came to a conclusion that Herm should be fired.

As far as timing, he may be waiting until he has all the pieces into place. That way no one wonders what will happen, but look like Hunt is on top of things.

Of course, this is just speculation because I am not Clark Hunt or know what he is doing.

Hunt never said he'd definitely keep Edwards. He said he liked the direction Edwards was taking the team, but that the GM would weigh heavily on the decision to keep Herm. Why, unless he had already hired a GM, would he do the exact opposite of what he sid would happen? That doesn't make sense. Unless he's turning Jerry Jones on us and is becoming the next GM, why would he fire the head coach without ANY input from the next GM? That just doesn't make any sense.

texaschief
12-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Also, if any of you watched the season wrap-up press conference with Herm Edwards, did anyone notice the smirk and hints he laid down when they asked him about "becoming a GM?" I wonder if Hunt may have asked Herm to take over the GM spot and relinquish the HC duties. That might explain some rumors going around about "Herm not being the head coach anymore."

Perhaps the new GM has been found and now they're just trying to find a new president and head coach. Just speculation. Nothing solid. I know it's a reach.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Hunt never said he'd definitely keep Edwards. He said he liked the direction Edwards was taking the team, but that the GM would weigh heavily on the decision to keep Herm. Why, unless he had already hired a GM, would he do the exact opposite of what he sid would happen? That doesn't make sense. Unless he's turning Jerry Jones on us and is becoming the next GM, why would he fire the head coach without ANY input from the next GM? That just doesn't make any sense.

I'm not saying that he would do anything about hiring the head coach without any input from the next GM. I was saying about hiring the next GM. There are a lot of reasons that he may not have hired a GM yet and could still hire a head coach. Some of the choices for GM are in the playoffs, not to mention some of the possibilities for head coach.

But we should not worry with Cowher/Shanahan/Schottenheimer connection coming to KC.