PDA

View Full Version : Falcon QB Michael Vick Indicted

Sweets
07-17-2007, 06:28 PM
The Falcons quarterback, Michael Vick, has been indicted by a federal grand jury in connection with dogfighting. Michael Vick was indicted for conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and to sponsor a dog in animal fighting venture in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District in Richmond, Va. Three others, Purnell Peace, Quanis Phillips and Tony Taylor, also were indicted by the grand jury on the same charges.
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940065)

Sweets
07-17-2007, 06:52 PM
I bet the Falcons are kicking their own asses for trading Schaub...bwaahahahahahahaha

"Ring, ring..........Hello Duante.......ya busy?"

timbok
07-17-2007, 07:21 PM
lol...............

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Even though he hasn't been in any other trouble, he is still a piece of SH*T! He just wasn't caught like others were until now. I hope they put him in the ring with Crocop and let him beat him within an inch of his life!! And let the dogs watch!!

timbok
07-17-2007, 09:55 PM
hes a sick man..what he did was sick........

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 10:45 PM
If he is indeed found guilty then he and everyone else involved should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law; I can't tell you how much this kind of thing angers me.

Canada
07-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Even though he hasn't been in any other trouble, he is still a piece of SH*T! He just wasn't caught like others were until now. I hope they put him in the ring with Crocop and let him beat him within an inch of his life!! And let the dogs watch!!

I say put him in the ring with the dogs.

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I say put him in the ring with the dogs.

With a pork chop tied around his neck. LOL!

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 11:26 PM
With a pork chop tied around his neck. LOL!

Neck??? I can think of a better place!

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Neck??? I can think of a better place!

OUCH!!!! LOL!!

Agreed; Vick should not procreate.

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 11:30 PM
OUCH!!!! LOL!!

Agreed; Vick should not procreate.

I just listened to the contributing attorney for ESPN and he said that he will need to turn himself in this week or be arrested and then post bail attend a hearing and then the trial would not be any time this season. That's a shame it takes that long to get something like this underway.

Canada
07-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I just listened to the contributing attorney for ESPN and he said that he will need to turn himself in this week or be arrested and then post bail attend a hearing and then the trial would not be any time this season. That's a shame it takes that long to get something like this underway.

I heard that because he is a co-defendant in the case the other defendants have the right to a speedy trial and can request it begin now, but I doubt Vicks buddies would hang him out to dry. But i guess ya never know

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:37 PM
I heard that because he is a co-defendant in the case the other defendants have the right to a speedy trial and can request it begin now, but I doubt Vicks buddies would hang him out to dry. But i guess ya never know

Depends on what the DA offers 'em.

Sweets
07-18-2007, 02:16 AM
The NFL has issued a statement on the indictment of Falcons quarterback Michael Vick (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/tag/MichaelVick/)on conspiracy charges relating to a dog fighting operation that was allegedly operated on property he owns:

We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him. We will continue to closely monitor developments in this case, and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities. The activities alleged are cruel, degrading and illegal. Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts. The matter will be reviewed under the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

The statement that Vick's guilt hasn't been proven (not to mention the curious use of the word "yet") is noteworthy because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/tag/RogerGoodell/)has indicated with his suspensions of Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, Bengals receiver Chris Henry and former Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson that he doesn't feel the need to wait until the legal system runs its course before issuing suspensions. Will he react to the Vick case differently?

Source: Michael David Smith, NFL Fanhouse (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/17/nfl-on-michael-vick-we-are-disappointed-guilt-has-not-yet/)

Guru
07-18-2007, 02:22 AM
Roger is having all sorts of fun this off-season.

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 02:30 AM
We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him. We will continue to closely monitor developments in this case, and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities. The activities alleged are cruel, degrading and illegal. Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts. The matter will be reviewed under the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

Inturpretation: Get ready to pay and to sit.

Sweets
07-18-2007, 02:36 AM
Why isn't everyone on the bandwagon again screaming for him to be banned like Pacman Jones, ridiculous...Vick should get a harder sentence from Goodell then Pacman did. Hey Commish, you paying attention???

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 03:00 AM
Why isn't everyone on the bandwagon again screaming for him to be banned like Pacman Jones, ridiculous...Vick should get a harder sentence from Goodell then Pacman did. Hey Commish, you paying attention???

Absolutely agreed!

Guru
07-18-2007, 03:13 AM

Indicted and guilty are two very different things. Either way, Goodell should be handing out some form of suspension.

chief31
07-18-2007, 09:30 PM
I would think that, at some point, Vick will be suspended, for this season. Possibly, for his own good. The pressure, from fans, would be too much, for anyone to stand, this year. If he does play, this year, I think he will crumble, in the face of all of that pressure. I don't think I could handle it.

Canada
07-18-2007, 11:39 PM

Because it is not time to sentence Vick yet. He is innocent until proven guilty. Pac man was involved in about a dozen police investigations. He was told to stay out of trouble and he didn't.:guns6: For Vick this is a first time issue and as I said before he is innocent until proven guilty. I agree 100% that when it is time to dole out the punishment (if he is found guilty) he should get at least a season. But that is the least of his problems because if he is found guily he lookin at 6 years in jail.

DrunkHillbilly
07-19-2007, 12:17 AM

While I agree with the screaming for him to be banned, I'm not sure i agree with a harsher punishment.

Pacman was involved in more than a handful of investigations and I believe atleast one of them involved a murder If I remember correctly.(??) While I totally agree that Vick should have his balls burned off with a blow torch and pemanently attached to his chin, the life of a person is more important than an animal. I don't believe I read anything about Jones being the trigger man, but I thought I read something about him instructing someone to "blast that muthaf****r"! Anyone else remember reading this? I think it was in the strip joint in Vegas.

Chiefster
07-19-2007, 01:17 AM
While I agree with the screaming for him to be banned, I'm not sure i agree with a harsher punishment.

Pacman was involved in more than a handful of investigations and I believe atleast one of them involved a murder If I remember correctly.(??) While I totally agree that Vick should have his balls burned off with a blow torch and pemanently attached to his chin, the life of a person is more important than an animal. I don't believe I read anything about Jones being the trigger man, but I thought I read something about him instructing someone to "blast that muthaf****r"! Anyone else remember reading this? I think it was in the strip joint in Vegas.

OUCH!!!! LOL!!

chief31
07-19-2007, 01:47 AM

It sounds like something I remember hearing. Yet, I don't have a link, at this time.

Chiefster
07-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Because it is not time to sentence Vick yet. He is innocent until proven guilty. Pac man was involved in about a dozen police investigations. He was told to stay out of trouble and he didn't.:guns6: For Vick this is a first time issue and as I said before he is innocent until proven guilty. I agree 100% that when it is time to dole out the punishment (if he is found guilty) he should get at least a season. But that is the least of his problems because if he is found guily he lookin at 6 years in jail.

I thought of that too, but it's just so much fun being apart of an internet lynch mob. :D