PDA

View Full Version : Donks Fire Shanahan

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I cant belive the fired him! He better not be the chiefs next head coach!!!

Drunker Hillbilly
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Why not? He would be 100 times better than the guy we have now!!!!!! I can't stand the guy but I would take him over what we have in a second!!!!!!

Sn@keIze
12-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Id love to see Shanahan over here!!

Hes a winner with a zero tolerance for poor performance!!

I bet Al Davis will be all over him tho too due to the Donks thrashing them over and over. But Shans not dumb enuf to go over there.

Even as a donk, I admired his coaching.

drstandley31
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
NO WAY. Hate that guy. His only success came from Elway, and we got no Elway's on our roster. His ego is twice the size as his talent. What's he done since Elway left??????? NOTHING. And it would be more of the same here.

jmlamerson
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I hear the Oakland job is open . . .

Pro_Angler
12-30-2008, 07:12 PM
He wont come here we have a coach..lmao..and he would never ever go to oakland with that POS owner! GUARANTEED!!!!!!

I say browns or jets are good possabilities.

texaschief
12-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Id love to see Shanahan over here!!

Hes a winner with a zero tolerance for poor performance!!

I bet Al Davis will be all over him tho too due to the Donks thrashing them over and over. But Shans not dumb enuf to go over there.

Even as a donk, I admired his coaching.

He wont come here we have a coach..lmao..and he would never ever go to oakland with that POS owner! GUARANTEED!!!!!!

I say browns or jets are good possabilities.

Y'all are joking right? Do y'all not remember him already having coached there? Why do you think the Broncos go out of their way to run up the score every time they beat the Raiders? Davis already screwed Mike over. I doubt Mike would put himself BACK in that situation.

tornadospotter
12-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Y'all are joking right? Do y'all not remember him already having coached there? Why do you think the Broncos go out of their way to run up the score every time they beat the Raiders? Davis already screwed Mike over. I doubt Mike would put himself BACK in that situation.
:bananen_smilies046: Yep. :11:

Drunker Hillbilly
12-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Exactly!!!!!! In fact I think Davis still owes him money and they were in some sort of law suit about it.

Sn@keIze
12-30-2008, 08:02 PM
NO WAY. Hate that guy. His only success came from Elway, and we got no Elway's on our roster. His ego is twice the size as his talent. What's he done since Elway left??????? NOTHING. And it would be more of the same here.THe only reason you hate him is because he is (or was) a donk.

What has he done since elway left? Nothing my ***! Elway wasnt even in his prime when they won BACK to BACK super bowls!!!

Plus, why dont you look up his record since hes been there, youll be hard pressed to find a better record.

Y'all are joking right? Do y'all not remember him already having coached there? Why do you think the Broncos go out of their way to run up the score every time they beat the Raiders? Davis already screwed Mike over. I doubt Mike would put himself BACK in that situation.Ya, like I said, Mike knows better. Maybe that will be incentive for him come over here.

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2008, 08:14 PM
His record since the last suberbowl is still better than the record our current coach has. Not to mention he has won 2 superbowls, he'd be an asset to any team. Some times it's just better to part ways after a tenure that long.

127markaz
12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
If the the Chiefs don't even consider an interview with him and extend one to the recently (today) canned Mike Martz, sell your season tickets.

yashi
12-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Shanahan's one of the best coaches in the NFL.

I can't believe some of the stuff you guys are saying. There might not be a better gametime coach in the league. I'd love to have him coach in KC.

Big Daddy Tek
12-30-2008, 09:01 PM

You must be hanging out with Tamaric Vanover in the crack shacks. Shanahan is one of the winningest coaches of all time. He had too much on his plate, he was Carl Peterson, plus the head coach. You get this guy in a position as a coach only and watch what happens. This guy will win another Super Bowl, lets hope its for us. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that if Shanny isnt our next coach, Ill be dissapointed, period!

Coach
12-30-2008, 09:10 PM

Completely agree. This has to be the dumbest move so far this off-season. Close to SD firing Marty.

I H8 Every Team But KC
12-30-2008, 09:13 PM

I absolutely agree! I have hated Ratface for so long that I couldn't imagine having him as a coach... :piss:

hermhater
12-30-2008, 09:57 PM
He's a dirty SOB but he's a good coach.

I'm torn about whether I would want him in KC though.

Wins do mean a lot to a team, but I've hated him for much longer than Herm.

Sn@keIze
12-30-2008, 10:04 PM

Wins do mean a lot to a team, but I've hated him for much longer than Herm.Yes but for diff reasons. We are Chiefs fans so in a sense we are naturally going to hate him. but you hate him for diff. reasons.

We hate Herm because he sucks. We hate(d) Shan because hes a Donk. But a great Coach nonethless.

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2008, 10:06 PM

Wins do mean a lot to a team, but I've hated him for much longer than Herm.

Yeah but you have only hated him because he was in Denver, there is not team in this league I cheer against more outside of oakland and indy. I'll never get over that playoff game and the beating I took after the game. I say it in jest, but I'd burn that town down...indy that is.

2 superbowl wins is all I need to know...at least interview the guy.

theaxeeffect4311
12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Completely agree. This has to be the dumbest move so far this off-season. Close to SD firing Marty.

Our division is becoming bad, so this would be the best time for the Chiefs to rise up. San Diego will not be the same without Marty. Denver will become a losing team without Shanahan. And I doubt we will ever have to fear about Oakland.

Shanahan will be a good coach wherever he goes. I wouldn't mind him here in KC. I think if we needed someone to turn around the defense, he could do it. I'm not saying he is the only one, but he can be the one to do it. I am just not sure if he'll want to come to KC.

But Mike Martz? Really? I don't think he has what it takes to be a head coach. He barely made it as an offensive coordinator.

D.A.S.
12-30-2008, 10:12 PM
We hate Herm because he sucks.

I never liked him. Even when he was stinking less with NYJ. And if the unthinkable happens and he starts winning (and Ryan Leaf returns and becomes NFL MVP and the Lions go 16-0 next season and pigs fly) I still would be against him because he's a nasty person.
:character0029:

hermhater
12-30-2008, 10:21 PM
I never liked him. Even when he was stinking less with NYJ. And if the unthinkable happens and he starts winning (and Ryan Leaf returns and becomes NFL MVP and the Lions go 16-0 next season and pigs fly) I still would be against him because he's a nasty person.
:character0029:

Herm is not a nasty person.

He's too damn nice.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-30-2008, 10:23 PM
You must be hanging out with Tamaric Vanover in the crack shacks. Shanahan is one of the winningest coaches of all time. He had too much on his plate, he was Carl Peterson, plus the head coach. You get this guy in a position as a coach only and watch what happens. This guy will win another Super Bowl, lets hope its for us. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that if Shanny isnt our next coach, Ill be dissapointed, period!
No crack for me! You guys are right if hes just gonna be a coach but i think he would want the same kinda pull he had in denver! WE DONT NEED THAT!!

D.A.S.
12-30-2008, 10:29 PM

He's too damn nice.

He's real nice to the other team no question. Still, there is no excuse for his "so what, we lost. That's called life, get over it." (Not an exact quote) rant. How dare he talk to the fans who put the money in his pocket that way. I assume that is not how he always is since most of the time he acts grown up but he should at least apologize for mouthing of to the fans that way. After all, it is his fault we lost so if anyone was to be mouthing he shouldn't be mouthing us we should be mouthing him.

hermhater
12-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Feel free to bash away at Herm.

I have no problem with that.

I just don't think he's a nasty person, just a friggin' idiot.

Chiefster
12-30-2008, 11:34 PM

He's too damn nice.

It's OKAAAAAAAAAYYY! :lol:

Hayvern
12-31-2008, 01:15 AM

I can't believe some of the stuff you guys are saying. There might not be a better gametime coach in the league. I'd love to have him coach in KC.

Agreed, we have all this love outpouring for Cowher, but I always thought that Shanahan and Cowher had very similar coaching styles, and they both were very good at it.

Tell you what, you never have heard the kind of BS from the Donkey's players like you are from the Chiefs players right now. Shanahan keeps his guys in line.

He also works very well with young quarterbacks. Look at what he has done with Cutler. So many people wanted that kid benched in his first year. I would consider Shanahan in a heartbeat and would thank my lucky stars to have him.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 01:20 AM
Agreed, we have all this love outpouring for Cowher, but I always thought that Shanahan and Cowher had very similar coaching styles, and they both were very good at it.

Tell you what, you never have heard the kind of BS from the Donkey's players like you are from the Chiefs players right now. Shanahan keeps his guys in line.

He also works very well with young quarterbacks. Look at what he has done with Cutler. So many people wanted that kid benched in his first year. I would consider Shanahan in a heartbeat and would thank my lucky stars to have him.

I agree. He is a proven winner. A lot more than can be said of Herm. If he showed interest in the Chiefs, then I think the Chiefs should take him up in the offer. Of course, I'm talking like Cowher would say he is not coming here.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 01:21 AM
I'd like to go on record as being opposed to Shannahan.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 01:21 AM

Haha, you would. It's why I like having you around.

Hayvern
12-31-2008, 01:26 AM

And I would like to go on the record being opposed to Mike Martz.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 01:35 AM
Haha, you would. It's why I like having you around.

He's done a great job of building a consistently mediocre team. I'm so sick of mediocrity. I'd rather lose for a couple years while we build a dynasty. I'm not exactly excited about building a team who can compete for a wild card. I want a team that will compete for a first round bye EVERY SEASON.

I'm so far from interested in just getting to the playoffs. I want the Chiefs to be the next Patriot team. Shanahan has proven that he can't do that over the last 13 years. He couldn't do a thing once Elway left. I realize most people on this board just want to see a winning record again, but I'm not one of them. I'm ready to see the Kansas City Chiefs mentioned as one of the great dynasties of all time. Shanahan is NOT that coach. Neither is Cowher for that matter.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 01:36 AM
And I would like to go on the record being opposed to Mike Martz.

+1 POS IMO

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 01:58 AM
He's done a great job of building a consistently mediocre team. I'm so sick of mediocrity. I'd rather lose for a couple years while we build a dynasty. I'm not exactly excited about building a team who can compete for a wild card. I want a team that will compete for a first round bye EVERY SEASON.

I'm so far from interested in just getting to the playoffs. I want the Chiefs to be the next Patriot team. Shanahan has proven that he can't do that over the last 13 years. He couldn't do a thing once Elway left. I realize most people on this board just want to see a winning record again, but I'm not one of them. I'm ready to see the Kansas City Chiefs mentioned as one of the great dynasties of all time. Shanahan is NOT that coach. Neither is Cowher for that matter.

Not making excuses for Shanahan, but once the Chargers got Schottenheimer, it hurt Shanahan's chances of making the playoffs. I think more reason to have Schottenheimer.

Shanahan may not be the answer. But how many choices do we have? You are right that the Chiefs should not settle for trying for a wild card. I think everyone on the board agrees that we want to become the next dynasty, not just a superbowl winner. It is hard to say at this point if Hunt will put the right people into action. I hope he does. I think he will. So we'll see.

Just wondering, is Scott Pioli your choice for GM?

And I want you to know that I do like having you on the boards. I was not being sarcastic earlier in this thread. You see things opposite to what I do, but do it with facts and intelligence. It's a challenge and who doesn't like a good challenge.

tornadospotter
12-31-2008, 02:20 AM
I vote for Marty, I think, and probably wrong, Marty will bring back the team that we all love. He did it when he was head coach, I remember the pre Marty days, it sucked!
But seats were cheap, before Marty.:11: and now they are again.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Not making excuses for Shanahan, but once the Chargers got Schottenheimer, it hurt Shanahan's chances of making the playoffs. I think more reason to have Schottenheimer.

Shanahan may not be the answer. But how many choices do we have? You are right that the Chiefs should not settle for trying for a wild card. I think everyone on the board agrees that we want to become the next dynasty, not just a superbowl winner. It is hard to say at this point if Hunt will put the right people into action. I hope he does. I think he will. So we'll see.

Just wondering, is Scott Pioli your choice for GM?

And I want you to know that I do like having you on the boards. I was not being sarcastic earlier in this thread. You see things opposite to what I do, but do it with facts and intelligence. It's a challenge and who doesn't like a good challenge.

Pioli ISN'T THE GUY making the decisions over there. He does help and has seen how a dynasty works in the NFL. I just don't like the idea of taking people from that organization. They haven't seemed to pan out well once they leave. I thought they were a great group when they were together, but I'm not convinced they're just as good separate. Once a few of their guys can prove they can handle life away from Belichick, then I'll jump on the "raid the Pats" bandwagon. That just hasn't proven to be a good approach in the past.

Schott has proven that he can build some good to one the verge of great teams. I wouldn't be COMPLETELY opposed to him, but again, he seems to have a ceiling that is less than what I would want.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to Edwards being the new GM. I've stated on here several times that I agree with the approach that this organization has taken over the past year. There are things about his coaching that are just non-defendable. But the direction and the plan is a sound one and if Herm is the guy who pushed the owner to follow the plan against Peterson's wishes, I think he should stay on and continue the building. Then, the question would turn to coach. I honestly don't know who I want as coach yet.

Hayvern
12-31-2008, 02:54 AM

What coach out there really can make that claim? Belichek? Apparently he could not do it without Brady and cheating.

Dungy? would not be able to do it without Manning.

Shanahan has had a harder time building without Elway, I'll give you that, but that is the same for every coach out there. They need the players to be a dynasty. Offensively behind Cutler, the Broncos could be that team, defensive was their Achilles heal.

Cowher actually did a lot with not a lot of talent in the past. Rothlesberger is a good quarterback, but is he as good as Brady or Manning?

I think all of those guys are the cream of the crop. You could also put Schottenheimer in there. He just needs someone to help him make the big game decisions is all.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 03:11 AM
Pioli ISN'T THE GUY making the decisions over there. He does help and has seen how a dynasty works in the NFL. I just don't like the idea of taking people from that organization. They haven't seemed to pan out well once they leave. I thought they were a great group when they were together, but I'm not convinced they're just as good separate. Once a few of their guys can prove they can handle life away from Belichick, then I'll jump on the "raid the Pats" bandwagon. That just hasn't proven to be a good approach in the past.

Schott has proven that he can build some good to one the verge of great teams. I wouldn't be COMPLETELY opposed to him, but again, he seems to have a ceiling that is less than what I would want.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to Edwards being the new GM. I've stated on here several times that I agree with the approach that this organization has taken over the past year. There are things about his coaching that are just non-defendable. But the direction and the plan is a sound one and if Herm is the guy who pushed the owner to follow the plan against Peterson's wishes, I think he should stay on and continue the building. Then, the question would turn to coach. I honestly don't know who I want as coach yet.

Herm moving to GM would solve the coaching problem, in a sense because he would not be there anymore. While I am not sold on the idea, I do think the Chiefs had one of the best drafts they have ever had. Herm does deserve part of the credit for it. That is kind of a far reach for him though, don't you think?

I agree with you that just because Pioli is from the Patriots does not make him a genius to be the next GM. It'll be hard to say whether he learned anything from them. But he does seem like a possibility because he has the potential to fit the requirements Clark Hunt mapped out for the next GM he wants.

If the Chiefs do promote Herm to GM, do you think the Chiefs wil bring in Schottenheimer for a position and if so, do Herm and Marty get along?

texaschief
12-31-2008, 03:17 AM
What coach out there really can make that claim? Belichek? Apparently he could not do it without Brady and cheating.

Dungy? would not be able to do it without Manning.

Shanahan has had a harder time building without Elway, I'll give you that, but that is the same for every coach out there. They need the players to be a dynasty. Offensively behind Cutler, the Broncos could be that team, defensive was their Achilles heal.

Cowher actually did a lot with not a lot of talent in the past. Rothlesberger is a good quarterback, but is he as good as Brady or Manning?

I think all of those guys are the cream of the crop. You could also put Schottenheimer in there. He just needs someone to help him make the big game decisions is all.

There just isn't that coach out there that I feel great about. We know what each of those guys can do. None of it just blows me away. Cowher had a LONG tenure with Pitt and only got one Super Bowl. That's all Dungy has too. Schott doesn't even have one. Shanahan hasn't shown he reproduce what he did in the late 90's.

I just wish there was a dominant defense in the league somewhere who's coordinator was knocking down our door for a HC spot. That just isn't happening this year.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 03:27 AM
There just isn't that coach out there that I feel great about. We know what each of those guys can do. None of it just blows me away. Cowher had a LONG tenure with Pitt and only got one Super Bowl. That's all Dungy has too. Schott doesn't even have one. Shanahan hasn't shown he reproduce what he did in the late 90's.

I just wish there was a dominant defense in the league somewhere who's coordinator was knocking down our door for a HC spot. That just isn't happening this year.

Steve Spagnuolo?

texaschief
12-31-2008, 03:28 AM
Herm moving to GM would solve the coaching problem, in a sense because he would not be there anymore. While I am not sold on the idea, I do think the Chiefs had one of the best drafts they have ever had. Herm does deserve part of the credit for it. That is kind of a far reach for him though, don't you think?

I agree with you that just because Pioli is from the Patriots does not make him a genius to be the next GM. It'll be hard to say whether he learned anything from them. But he does seem like a possibility because he has the potential to fit the requirements Clark Hunt mapped out for the next GM he wants.

If the Chiefs do promote Herm to GM, do you think the Chiefs wil bring in Schottenheimer for a position and if so, do Herm and Marty get along?

I don't see why Herm and Schott wouldn't get along. They coached together in the 90's. I think they have parallel views on how to build a team. But I could see them butting heads over players. If one comes in, i don't see the other coming in as well. That's why the coaching problem bothers me. There really isn't a clear cut guy who could come in and continue what has been started.

I'd imagine the HC would have to come from Chicago, Indy, or Tampa. I just don't see that guy yet. Why isn't there a Jack Del-Rio on the map when the Chiefs are looking for a coaching candidate. I'd like someone in here who could be a great coach and make the correct decisions on the field. Herm HAS shown weaknesses there. But I'd like a fresh face on the Head Coaching landscape who the franchise and fan base would give some time to prove his capabilities. I'm afraid that if we bring in someone with high expectations that the fan base would get impatient after a couple years if things don't go well and just say stuff like, "the game passed him up" or some crap like that as they scream for a new coach every third year. That's just a poor approach.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 03:31 AM
Steve Spagnuolo?

yeah, maybe. he just seems like a "trendy" pick to me. something like the Crennel pick by the Browns. I think some defensive coordinators are like system QBs in college; they look good because of the situation they're in. The talent Spagnuolo has had the past few years has been top 3 talent consistently. He did good enough not to screw it up. Good for him. But his guys aren't good because of the system. It seems like its the other way around.

hermhater
12-31-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm ready to see the Kansas City Chiefs mentioned as one of the great dynasties of all time.

I am too.

Point me to a link that proves your suggestion is best please.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 03:51 AM
I am too.

Point me to a link that proves your suggestion is best please.

What suggestion are you referring to?

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 04:28 AM
yeah, maybe. he just seems like a "trendy" pick to me. something like the Crennel pick by the Browns. I think some defensive coordinators are like system QBs in college; they look good because of the situation they're in. The talent Spagnuolo has had the past few years has been top 3 talent consistently. He did good enough not to screw it up. Good for him. But his guys aren't good because of the system. It seems like its the other way around.

The only dominating defenses I can think of are Ravens and Steelers. I do not know if their defensive coordinators are looking to become head coaches.

It is just one that has been popping up constantly since coaches have been fired. I am not sure how well of a coach he is. He did learn under Jim Johnson which makes for good blitz packages. That is one thing the Chiefs do need. However, you have to agree that his defense plays well without many star players outside the D-line.

Another candidate is the defensive coordinator of the Vikings, Leslie Frazier. I do think he is a system defensive coordinator since the Vikings are always good against the run but bad against the pass, but the Vikings do have a history of making good head coaches.

yashi
12-31-2008, 09:14 AM
I just wanted to chime in again by asking if a Mike Shanahan coached offensive line has ever been anything less than spectatular. He's always had a unique approach to coaching the line. I don't know if he still does it, but the Broncos O-Line used to not be allowed to talk to the media or introduce themselves when they show the Monday Night Football rosters. I thought it was kind of weird, but you can't judge success. They gave up the least sacks in the league this season. I'd love for him to bring that type of production here.

Mike Martz is a good offensive coordinator and a terrible coach. If you look at the 49ers personnel this season, there's no way they should have been anything less than the worst offensive team in the league. I think they were 23rd, which is obviously not good but much better than what they should have been. I do not want him to be the head coach of the Chiefs whatsoever, however.

Pro_Angler
12-31-2008, 10:10 AM

What frikin part of "he wouldnt work for that POS owner" didnt you understand?????