franchisedotcom
12-30-2008, 08:16 PM
I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here

texaschief
12-30-2008, 08:45 PM
I really don't have a problem with Monroe at #3. I know everyone has him as the 3rd best OT in the draft, but he seems the safest pick to me. Only for the fact that we have some sort of reference with Albert. If he was good enough to supplant Albert at LT, he's good enough to do it again. Plus, that would add some chemistry to the OL with his relationship already established with Albert. I think the relationship he already has with Albert might make up the difference between he and Oher or Smith.

franchisedotcom
12-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Plus offensive line is usually the safest pick and its a pick that will immediately help a franchise.

Except when my Bills drafted T Mike Williams from Texas with the number four overall selection and he maybe saw the field from, well his TV set

texaschief
12-30-2008, 09:21 PM
I just hate the idea of ruining the value we got in Albert. That's really the biggest problem I have with taking an OT at #3. While it would fill a need by sliding Albert into a Guard position, we could fill that role by sliding Niswanger over and/or taking a center or guard later in the draft.

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I really don't have a problem with Monroe at #3. I know everyone has him as the 3rd best OT in the draft, but he seems the safest pick to me. Only for the fact that we have some sort of reference with Albert. If he was good enough to supplant Albert at LT, he's good enough to do it again. Plus, that would add some chemistry to the OL with his relationship already established with Albert. I think the relationship he already has with Albert might make up the difference between he and Oher or Smith.

If you are saying that he's the 3rd best OT in the draft is he worth the huge contract he is gonna get. That's why I think its imperative we draft the best player available, would hate to see all that money go to the 3rd best when it should go to the best player we could get at that moment.

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
IMO, draft Crabtree and then trade him.

theaxeeffect4311
12-30-2008, 10:21 PM
I just hate the idea of ruining the value we got in Albert. That's really the biggest problem I have with taking an OT at #3. While it would fill a need by sliding Albert into a Guard position, we could fill that role by sliding Niswanger over and/or taking a center or guard later in the draft.

Albert would not lose value. Sure, he will not be a LT, the premiere player on the O-line, but many offensive lines in the NFL have more than one player from the first round.

If you do not want Albert to lose value, then he could be moved to RT. I am confident he could handle the position and having two premiere tackles will make the line great for the next 10 years.

So the real question about the draft is who can handle a position for the season, to either prove to be a starter or until next year to replace them. Thigpen has earned a chance to start at QB for next season, but that does not make him our franchise QB. Niswanger has done good for the OC. I am not sure moving him to RG will work, but is that the chance we should take. Can Demarrio Williams, DJ, Donnie Edwards (if he does not retire), and Rocky Boiman handle the LB positions for next season?

I am not going to consider DE because I am almost for sure that will be taken care of through FA.

Chiefster
12-30-2008, 11:16 PM

Nah, you're not trying to sell anything nor are you trying to be overtly obnoxious; so, you're cool. :D

franchisedotcom
12-31-2008, 01:02 AM
IMO, draft Crabtree and then trade him.

I don't think we would see a Rivers/Eli Manning trade ordeal here. If the Chiefs were to draft Crabtree I feel as if they would use him opposite Dwayne Bowe (outstanding pick btw, I really liked him coming out 2 years ago). The Chiefs could always then trade down if another team felt Crabtree would be picked up by another team in the top 7.

But, I don't do trade scenarios in my mock =/

Nah, you're not trying to sell anything nor are you trying to be overtly obnoxious; so, you're cool.

Okay, thanks! =)

Just trying to receive input from other teams' fans

franchisedotcom
12-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Albert would not lose value. Sure, he will not be a LT, the premiere player on the O-line, but many offensive lines in the NFL have more than one player from the first round.

If you do not want Albert to lose value, then he could be moved to RT. I am confident he could handle the position and having two premiere tackles will make the line great for the next 10 years.

So the real question about the draft is who can handle a position for the season, to either prove to be a starter or until next year to replace them. Thigpen has earned a chance to start at QB for next season, but that does not make him our franchise QB. Niswanger has done good for the OC. I am not sure moving him to RG will work, but is that the chance we should take. Can Demarrio Williams, DJ, Donnie Edwards (if he does not retire), and Rocky Boiman handle the LB positions for next season?

I am not going to consider DE because I am almost for sure that will be taken care of through FA.

I agree Albert won't lose value.

What did Dorsey do this year? I didn't see much of the Cheifs at all this year except when they played the Bills.

And also, if not Monroe if Oher and A. Smith are off the board, then who?

jmlamerson
12-31-2008, 01:39 PM

What did Dorsey do this year? I didn't see much of the Cheifs at all this year except when they played the Bills.

If those two are off the board, we take Stafford and give thanks. As Stafford won't last past the 2 spot, either Oher or Smith should be available.

Dorsey got flattened at the line of scrimmage this year. It wasn't pretty.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 03:22 PM

It was a tough year for Dorsey, but the development of DT takes two to three years. I still like Dorsey and give him time to prove himself.

Other than Monroe or Oher, both look like solid all-around LT, then I guess the Chiefs go Aaron Curry or possibly Rey Maualuga. I like Curry, he has a ton of potential, and I would put him in front of Rey. But I do not know how you feel on those two, but it would probably be that, if they cannot trade down and take one of them (I know that no team would be crazy enough to trade that high).

I think that Orakpo and Michael Johnson have the potential to be great in the NFL, but maybe not worthy of the third spot.

Stafford...I don't know. I'm still on the fence if the Chiefs should take a QB. I like Thigpen, knowing that he may not be the franchise QB, but he can handle the position at least for one season, which I think he deserves.

franchisedotcom
12-31-2008, 03:29 PM
It was a tough year for Dorsey, but the development of DT takes two to three years. I still like Dorsey and give him time to prove himself.

Other than Monroe or Oher, both look like solid all-around LT, then I guess the Chiefs go Aaron Curry or possibly Rey Maualuga. I like Curry, he has a ton of potential, and I would put him in front of Rey. But I do not know how you feel on those two, but it would probably be that, if they cannot trade down and take one of them (I know that no team would be crazy enough to trade that high).

I think that Orakpo and Michael Johnson have the potential to be great in the NFL, but maybe not worthy of the third spot.

Stafford...I don't know. I'm still on the fence if the Chiefs should take a QB. I like Thigpen, knowing that he may not be the franchise QB, but he can handle the position at least for one season, which I think he deserves.

I personally like Thigpen which is why I have Stafford slipping past the Cheifs. I feel that Curry and Rey from USC will both be top 10 picks.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 03:37 PM
I personally like Thigpen which is why I have Stafford slipping past the Cheifs. I feel that Curry and Rey from USC will both be top 10 picks.

Yes, but who do you see as being better and why?

jmlamerson
12-31-2008, 03:48 PM

Stafford doesn't drop to Seattle, and the Lions don't pass on Stafford because Culpeper has a two-year deal. If the Lions pass (for whatever reason) the Rams will scoop him up as Bulger's replacement.

No offense, but your whole top-10 is off.

You have:

1. Detroit: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
2. St. Louis: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
3. Kansas City: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
4. Seattle: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
5. Cleveland: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
6. Cincinnati: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
7. Oakland: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
8. Jacksonville: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
9. Green Bay: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
10. San Francisco: B.J. Rahji, DT, Boston College

It will go:

1. Detroit: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
2. St. Louis: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
3. Kansas City: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
4. Seattle: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
5. Cleveland: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
6. Cincinnati: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
7. Oakland: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
8. Jacksonville: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
9. Green Bay: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
10. San Francisco: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

Detroit will get its QB of the future. St. Louis and KC will fix their OLs. Seattle will get a badly needed WR and wait until next year to draft a QBOTF. Cleveland badly needs CB and Jenkins is the best on the board (and no way he drops to 23 - GB will pick him if Cleveland doesn't). Cinci will both pick the best defensive player on the board. Oakland will beef up its terrible pass rush. Jacksonville will begin rebuilding its awful OL. Green Bay will get Curry as a gift. And San Fran already whiffed on a DT last year (Balmer) and will instead get a legitimate pass rusher opposite Smith.

You have Mack way too high and Laurinaitis way too low as well. No one's drafting a C in the top-15.

EDIT: And if Bradford comes out, put him in pen for the Jets.

franchisedotcom
12-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Stafford doesn't drop to Seattle, and the Lions don't pass on Stafford because Culpeper has a two-year deal. If the Lions pass (for whatever reason) the Rams will scoop him up as Bulger's replacement.

No offense, but your whole top-10 is off.

You have:

1. Detroit: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
2. St. Louis: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
3. Kansas City: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
4. Seattle: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
5. Cleveland: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
6. Cincinnati: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
7. Oakland: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
8. Jacksonville: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
9. Green Bay: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
10. San Francisco: B.J. Rahji, DT, Boston College

It will go:

1. Detroit: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
2. St. Louis: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
3. Kansas City: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
4. Seattle: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
5. Cleveland: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
6. Cincinnati: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
7. Oakland: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
8. Jacksonville: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
9. Green Bay: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
10. San Francisco: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

Detroit will get its QB of the future. St. Louis and KC will fix their OLs. Seattle will get a badly needed WR and wait until next year to draft a QBOTF. Cleveland badly needs CB and Jenkins is the best on the board (and no way he drops to 23 - GB will pick him if Cleveland doesn't). Cinci will both pick the best defensive player on the board. Oakland will beef up its terrible pass rush. Jacksonville will begin rebuilding its awful OL. Green Bay will get Curry as a gift. And San Fran already whiffed on a DT last year (Balmer) and will instead get a legitimate pass rusher opposite Smith.

You have Mack way too high and Laurinaitis way too low as well. No one's drafting a C in the top-15.

EDIT: And if Bradford comes out, put him in pen for the Jets.

Here is my topic over at Detroit
http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3616

They concur with me with the LT pick being the number one overall. The beauty of the draft is that no one knows exactly how it will go. It's like March Madness!

chief31
12-31-2008, 04:04 PM

Wow! You have the top three picks all going to OTs and four of the top six.

Some people will have a pretty low opinion of you for that. Not me. I don't think that it will go like that. But It is reasonable, IMO.

I like Monroe though.

franchisedotcom
12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Wow! You have the top three picks all going to OTs and four of the top six.

Some people will have a pretty low opinion of you for that. Not me. I don't think that it will go like that. But It is reasonable, IMO.

I like Monroe though.

Offensive line is going to be addressed by so many teams this year. Many teams have a pressing need for it and without knowing what will happen in free agency, the top four tackles all could go top 10.

jmlamerson
12-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Here is my topic over at Detroit
http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3616

They concur with me with the LT pick being the number one overall. The beauty of the draft is that no one knows exactly how it will go. It's like March Madness!

The Lions would pick LT first if (1) they were just another bad team; (2) they had anyone to play QB next year; (3) they didn't spend a 1st rounder on LT last year; and (4) they didn't need to signal a change in direction of the franchise.

The Lions are the worst team in history and have no one to start at QB next year worth anything. To keep the fanbase, they are going to pick a QB as the new face of the franchise.

Whether this is right or wrong, it's what they'll do.

franchisedotcom
12-31-2008, 04:12 PM
The Lions would pick LT first if (1) they were just another bad team; (2) they had anyone to play QB next year; (3) they didn't spend a 1st rounder on LT last year; and (4) they didn't need to signal a change in direction of the franchise.

The Lions are the worst team in history and have no one to start at QB next year worth anything. To keep the fanbase, they are going to pick a QB as the new face of the franchise.

Whether this is right or wrong, it's what they'll do.

Gosder Cherilus (1st round tackle in 2008 draft) is their starting RT. They need an anchor and a stud LT now.

jmlamerson
12-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Gosder Cherilus (1st round tackle in 2008 draft) is their starting RT. They need an anchor and a stud LT now.

Cherilus was actually benched this season even at RT, if I remember correctly. He was drafted to be a LT but didn't quite work out.

I agree that the Lions need a stud LT right now.

They also need someone to throw the ball and a new face of the franchise.

The Lions will have an empty stadium next year if they start Culpeper or Orlovsky. Neither of those guys could throw for 2,000 yards behind the 2003 Chiefs OL.

Trust me, unless the Lions somehow land a decent FA QB in Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, or Matt Cassel - and I don't think they will - they are taking a QB with the first pick. Not because of the on field product necessarily, but because the fan base needs a reason to hope next year will be different.

The Lions will try to fix their OL in FA and in the later parts of the draft.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Cherilus was actually benched this season even at RT, if I remember correctly. He was drafted to be a LT but didn't quite work out.

I agree that the Lions need a stud LT right now.

They also need someone to throw the ball and a new face of the franchise.

The Lions will have an empty stadium next year if they start Culpeper or Orlovsky. Neither of those guys could throw for 2,000 yards behind the 2003 Chiefs OL.

Trust me, unless the Lions somehow land a decent FA QB in Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, or Matt Cassel - and I don't think they will - they are taking a QB with the first pick. Not because of the on field product necessarily, but because the fan base needs a reason to hope next year will be different.

The Lions will try to fix their OL in FA and in the later parts of the draft.

I agree the Lions will probably go QB with the first overall pick. It is not a smart choice, but since they have a new GM and head coach coming in, they will likely try to give team new life through a quarterback then go LT with the second first round.

Pro_Angler
12-31-2008, 05:06 PM
I say crabtree 1st if not there for some fluke reason then a QB to develope under Thigpen and release croyle or huard perferably Croyle.

jmlamerson
12-31-2008, 05:10 PM
I say crabtree 1st if not there for some fluke reason then a QB to develope under Thigpen and release croyle or huard perferably Croyle.

Only two rebuilding teams, to my memory, have successfully drafted a WR high (in the top 15) in the past ten years (Andre Johnson to Houston and Fitzgerald to the Cards). It's ranged from OK to disasterous every other time. Some like Moss and Braylon Edwards provide massive distractions and demand trades. Others (see: Lions) just never pan out.

WR is a luxury pick. Good teams rarely pick them in the first round (Colts excepted, but they draft better than any other team in existence in the later rounds). Those that do usually regret it.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Only two rebuilding teams, to my memory, have successfully drafted a WR high (in the top 15) in the past ten years (Andre Johnson to Houston and Fitzgerald to the Cards). It's ranged from OK to disasterous every other time. Some like Moss and Braylon Edwards provide massive distractions and demand trades. Others (see: Lions) just never pan out.

WR is a luxury pick. Good teams rarely pick them in the first round (Colts excepted, but they draft better than any other team in existence in the later rounds). Those that do usually regret it.
Calvin Johnson looked pretty good to me this year while catching balls from whoever they put back there.

nigeriannightmare
12-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Am I the only one that thinks giving the 3rd bast OT in the draft isn't worth the money we are gonna have to spend on him.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Am I the only one that thinks giving the 3rd bast OT in the draft isn't worth the money we are gonna have to spend on him.

What about 2nd best?

I still think the Lions will chose a QB first overall.

jmlamerson
12-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Calvin Johnson looked pretty good to me this year while catching balls from whoever they put back there.

I haven't come to a decision on him yet - he's getting stats, but isn't a game changer. He's a surer handed Bowe - not an Andre Johnson. Right now he's a bright spot for the Lions, but I bet they wish they rather had a premier DE, LT, or QB than him.

Big Daddy Tek
12-31-2008, 06:17 PM
I haven't come to a decision on him yet - he's getting stats, but isn't a game changer. He's a surer handed Bowe - not an Andre Johnson. Right now he's a bright spot for the Lions, but I bet they wish they rather had a premier DE, LT, or QB than him.

I agree with JM twice in one day (Im not sure if Im feeling OK) Although I do think that Calvin will become an unstoppable force and he almost is already. I agree that you can draft whoever you want, but if your lines arent good, then you might as well stay home on Sunday.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 07:24 PM
I think it still all depends on what free agents we secure. The fact that Crabtree was so spectacular as a sophomore really helps the Chiefs not get cornered into ONLY a LT or QB. That COULD also help the Chiefs trade down.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 07:32 PM
I think it still all depends on what free agents we secure. The fact that Crabtree was so spectacular as a sophomore really helps the Chiefs not get cornered into ONLY a LT or QB. That COULD also help the Chiefs trade down.

Very true. Because when you look at the teams looking into Crabtree, Seattle is the top candidate. However, i read today that Oakland and Al Davis may be looking to Crabtree to help out Russell. I know that Davis has a history of picking the freak athlete, but usually skips on the receiver. However, with Crabtree's skill and ability combined with Russell, Davis may go for it this time.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Very true. Because when you look at the teams looking into Crabtree, Seattle is the top candidate. However, i read today that Oakland and Al Davis may be looking to Crabtree to help out Russell. I know that Davis has a history of picking the freak athlete, but usually skips on the receiver. However, with Crabtree's skill and ability combined with Russell, Davis may go for it this time.

Oakland is going to have to trade up to get him. There's no way he falls that far.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Oakland is going to have to trade up to get him. There's no way he falls that far.

That is what I am saying. Oakland shows interest in Crabtree and will have to beat Seattle to get him. So the Chiefs have a possibility to trade down, but it's slim.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 07:46 PM
That is what I am saying. Oakland shows interest in Crabtree and will have to beat Seattle to get him. So the Chiefs have a possibility to trade down, but it's slim.

If they take Crabtree, we better either sign Asomugha or draft Malcom Jenkins when they trade down. lol

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 07:50 PM
If they take Crabtree, we better either sign Asomugha or draft Malcom Jenkins when they trade down. lol

Haha, interesting. I doubt they would trade their first round and Asomugha. If so, Al, thank you.

Malcolm Jenkins is a great athlete. I would love him on the Chiefs. But I still say Aaron Curry. That is a real hard choice. But if we go after Jenkins, maybe we can trade down again with the Browns because they really want him.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Haha, interesting. I doubt they would trade their first round and Asomugha. If so, Al, thank you.

Malcolm Jenkins is a great athlete. I would love him on the Chiefs. But I still say Aaron Curry. That is a real hard choice. But if we go after Jenkins, maybe we can trade down again with the Browns because they really want him.

Asomugha will be a free agent. They'd only be trading their 1st round pick. If they lose Aso, they'd better stay put and take Jenkins themselves because we might be taking Crabtree. :lol:

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Asomugha will be a free agent. They'd only be trading their 1st round pick. If they lose Aso, they'd better stay put and take Jenkins themselves because we might be taking Crabtree. :lol:

Part of the reason they cut DeAngelo Hall, other than he sucks, is that they needed the cap room to try to sign Asomugha. But Davis will at least hit him with the franchise tag since there was no clause last season that they couldn't.

If they do lose Aso though, that would ruin our plan to trade down.

chief31
01-01-2009, 12:09 AM

I know that you are not alone.

The fact that there are three OTs being ranked that high is evidence of the lack of value at other positions in this draft.

And it shows that NFL coaches are starting to understand the importance of having better O-linemen.

Also, getting the third OT pick does not mean getting the third best OT.

I can't see the organization taking, what they perceive to be, the third best OT in the draft, with the third overall pick.

Agreed.

I agree with JM twice in one day (Im not sure if Im feeling OK) Although I do think that Calvin will become an unstoppable force and he almost is already. I agree that you can draft whoever you want, but if your lines arent good, then you might as well stay home on Sunday.

I was wondering if someone else had taken over your keyboard.

Ditto. What this team needs, as of right now, may not be the same as what it needs, when the draft arrives.

franchisedotcom
01-01-2009, 10:42 AM
I know that you are not alone.

The fact that there are three OTs being ranked that high is evidence of the lack of value at other positions in this draft.

And it shows that NFL coaches are starting to understand the importance of having better O-linemen.

Also, getting the third OT pick does not mean getting the third best OT.

I can't see the organization taking, what they perceive to be, the third best OT in the draft, with the third overall pick.

The top three tackles all possess the same abilities to be great. I would even throw Jason Smith in there and say they top four tackles all will be greats

whodachefs?
01-02-2009, 12:54 AM
michael crabtree

Big Daddy Tek
01-02-2009, 01:56 AM
Best tacle draft almost ever.

texaschief
01-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Best tacle draft almost ever.

I'm on another Chiefs message board who's entire member base is all over Matt Stafford's nuts.

I'm over there trying to drill some sense into those people but their lack of football knowledge is astounding. It's like slamming your head against a brick wall over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

But I'll never give up. Every Chief fan is worth educating and saving from football stupidity. Even HermHater. :lol:

theaxeeffect4311
01-02-2009, 02:42 AM
I'm on another Chiefs message board who's entire member base is all over Matt Stafford's nuts.

I'm over there trying to drill some sense into those people but their lack of football knowledge is astounding. It's like slamming your head against a brick wall over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

But I'll never give up. Every Chief fan is worth educating and saving from football stupidity. Even HermHater. :lol:

So are you saying that we are smart Chiefs' fans?

I am for a LT (Oher or Monroe) or a LB (Curry or Maualuga)

texaschief
01-02-2009, 02:44 AM
So are you saying that we are smart Chiefs' fans?

I am for a LT (Oher or Monroe) or a LB (Curry or Maualuga)

Smarter than them. lol

theaxeeffect4311
01-02-2009, 02:52 AM
Smarter than them. lol

Fair Enough. :lol:

texaschief
01-02-2009, 03:02 AM
While Stafford could be the best QB to ever play the game, the risk of taking him is just astronomically horrible. Let's say we take could take either a QB or a LT and both of them bust. If a LT busts, you can move him to another position on the line and still have a first round pick servicing your team as a starter. If a QB busts, he's done. Period. He can't play another position. If the Chiefs want to pay someone $7 million a season to watch games, where can I sign up?

This season is going to be one of the last uncapped rookie salary years and if I'm picking in the top 3, I want to know for a FACT that my pick is going to be a starter for the next 7 years. OTs give you the most security. If we're the last team to bust on a high draft pick QB, that would put this team at a considerable disadvantage over the next decade and would completely kill this team and its fanbase.

No thank you. Why is that so hard for people to understand? Besides, how successful do you think a rookie QB is going to be behind an incomplete O-line like the one the Chiefs have now? UHG.

It's just infuriating how people can't see the forest through the trees. All they have is tunnel vision and buy into all this media hype about certain players without putting ANY real thought into what they're saying.

It's EFFING stupid!!!!!!!

theaxeeffect4311
01-02-2009, 03:11 AM
While Stafford could be the best QB to ever play the game, the risk of taking him is just astronomically horrible. Let's say we take could take either a QB or a LT and both of them bust. If a LT busts, you can move him to another position on the line and still have a first round pick servicing your team as a starter. If a QB busts, he's done. Period. He can't play another position. If the Chiefs want to pay someone $7 million a season to watch games, where can I sign up?

This season is going to be one of the last uncapped rookie salary years and if I'm picking in the top 3, I want to know for a FACT that my pick is going to be a starter for the next 7 years. OTs give you the most security. If we're the last team to bust on a high draft pick QB, that would put this team at a considerable disadvantage over the next decade and would completely kill this team and its fanbase.

No thank you. Why is that so hard for people to understand? Besides, how successful do you think a rookie QB is going to be behind an incomplete O-line like the one the Chiefs have now? UHG.

It's just infuriating how people can't see the forest through the trees. All they have is tunnel vision and buy into all this media hype about certain players without putting ANY real thought into what they're saying.

It's EFFING stupid!!!!!!!

Tex, I think most of us see the intelligent choice in LT. Choosing a QB at this point would set the Chiefs back a season. Any QB we choose will die behind that line as of right now.

I also like Alex Mack in the second round, so hopefully the Chiefs can fix their defense through FA if they want to use the first two picks on linemen.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 12:36 AM
What do you guys think of Aaron Curry?

texaschief
01-03-2009, 12:53 AM
What do you guys think of Aaron Curry?

I'm going to be extremely surprised if he would fill a need for the Chiefs or if he'd even be worth the value of the #3 pick once April rolls around.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm going to be extremely surprised if he would fill a need for the Chiefs or if he'd even be worth the value of the #3 pick once April rolls around.

It's true that there are a lot of FA LBs in this upcoming season. I would like Vilma a whole lot. It is just something I have seen recently in many mock drafts. I like what I read about Curry, have not been able to see much of him playing, so I was wondering why some people think he could go high.

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:03 AM
It's true that there are a lot of FA LBs in this upcoming season. I would like Vilma a whole lot. It is just something I have seen recently in many mock drafts. I like what I read about Curry, have not been able to see much of him playing, so I was wondering why some people think he could go high.

He would probably be a good LB, but I don't see the speed in him that I'd like to see in a LB that would warrant a top 3 pick. If I'm taking an OLB #3, he better be THE BEST OLB prospect to come out this decade.

Big Daddy Tek
01-03-2009, 01:03 AM

WHAT? It would be safe to say that we rarely disagree Tex, but your flippin crazy on this one. Aaron Curry is EXACTLY what we need right now. Im, not sure if you know how good this guy is. He is the most COMPLETE player in this entire draft after Crabtree. In my opinion we only have two picks to make. Andre Smith #1 and if hes not their, Aaron Curry #2. Thats it. Linebacker is a huge weakness Tex and you know it. This guy is gonna run a sub 4.5 40 in the combine, watch!

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:05 AM
WHAT? It would be safe to say that we rarely disagree Tex, but your flippin crazy on this one. Aaron Curry is EXACTLY what we need right now. Im, not sure if you know how good this guy is. He is the most COMPLETE player in this entire draft after Crabtree. In my opinion we only have two picks to make. Andre Smith #1 and if hes not their, Aaron Curry #2. Thats it. Linebacker is a huge weakness Tex and you know it. This guy is gonna run a sub 4.5 40 in the combine, watch!

You're right. RIGHT NOW, he WOULD fill a need. I just think there are enough options in free agency that we would probably fill that hole before the draft. That's all I was saying.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 01:18 AM
You're right. RIGHT NOW, he WOULD fill a need. I just think there are enough options in free agency that we would probably fill that hole before the draft. That's all I was saying.

That actually makes sense to draft an OT then. If we fill the needs at DE and LB, then the only pressing need would be the O-line. Since there will be a scarce number of FA O-linemen, it is safe to say that any out there worth taking will demand high money. So instead, the Chiefs load up on FAs for the defense, then draft an OT and possibly OC in the second. You ever get that excitement just thinking about next season.

Big Daddy Tek
01-03-2009, 01:26 AM

RIGHT NOW!
Ha ha ha , I blew up "right now" bigger than you did! OK, all playing aside, you are right. If we pick up any one of the great FA linebackers available than we do not need this pick. If we get your guy from Baltimore, George Kokinis, or even Decosta, than we would probably have one of their available LB's. Aaron Curry is so good that I would not be mad if we picked him after any of these situations....BUT, I would probably change my second choice to Oher.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 01:34 AM
RIGHT NOW!
Ha ha ha , I blew up "right now" bigger than you did! OK, all playing aside, you are right. If we pick up any one of the great FA linebackers available than we do not need this pick. If we get your guy from Baltimore, GeorgeKokinis, or even Decosta, than we would probably have one of their available LB's. Aaron Curry is so good that I would not be mad if we picked him after any of these situations....BUT, I would probably change my second choice to Oher.

I think Oher is a better choice than Smith actually. Smith needs to lose weight or develop better technique. I like Oher because is probably the best pass blocker in the draft and he is ready to step in immediately. Not to mention he does just about everything as good as the other OTs if not better, except when it comes to run blocking. Obviously, Smith and Monroe will be better than Oher at that.

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:36 AM
I think Oher is a better choice than Smith actually. Smith needs to lose weight or develop better technique. I like Oher because is probably the best pass blocker in the draft and he is ready to step in immediately. Not to mention he does just about everything as good as the other OTs if not better, except when it comes to run blocking. Obviously, Smith and Monroe will be better than Oher at that.

I think if we take a LT, he needs to be a road plower. I don't want the Chiefs to be throwin the ball all over the field unless we keep the spread.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 01:41 AM
I think if we take a LT, he needs to be a road plower. I don't want the Chiefs to be throwin the ball all over the field unless we keep the spread.

While I understand your concern, by no means is Oher bad at run blocking. I was just saying is the most complete LT. Smith will probably be taken by either the Lions or the Rams. So the choice is between Oher or Monroe. Either one I would be alright with. I just have to think that Oher has the upper hand. However, it would be cool to put Monroe and Albert back on the same line. By the way, in all this talk about LTs, where do you see Albert playing?

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:47 AM
While I understand your concern, by no means is Oher bad at run blocking. I was just saying is the most complete LT. Smith will probably be taken by either the Lions or the Rams. So the choice is between Oher or Monroe. Either one I would be alright with. I just have to think that Oher has the upper hand. However, it would be cool to put Monroe and Albert back on the same line. By the way, in all this talk about LTs, where do you see Albert playing?

Here's a scenario I've been thinking about.

What if the Lions and Rams decide to take OTs with their first picks? Suddenly, we have the 3rd best OT, the BEST WR and BOTH QBs fall in our laps. If in April, the third best OT isn't worth the 3rd pick, what do we do? Does that talent make our pick more attractive to trade up to, knowing the Chiefs could possibly take the best QB on the board? Would one of the other teams offer to trade up to take the best QB if the Chiefs are listening to offers as well? Do other teams panic and scramble up to the third spot to assure they get that next best OT?

I think the best thing that could happen for the Chiefs is if OTs are taken 1, 2 in the draft.

Big Daddy Tek
01-03-2009, 01:49 AM

Albert could be moved to either RG or RT. He can play both. I think that any of the 3 top ten tackles will take his place. The smart thing to do would be to pick up a tackle in free agency liker Stacy Andrews or Marvel Smith and then draft a tackle and move Albert to guard where he played in college. Our line would be great

Big Daddy Tek
01-03-2009, 01:52 AM

What if the Lions and Rams decide to take OTs with their first picks? Suddenly, we have the 3rd best OT, the BEST WR and BOTH QBs fall in our laps. If in April, the third best OT isn't worth the 3rd pick, what do we do? Does that talent make our pick more attractive to trade up to, knowing the Chiefs could possibly take the best QB on the board? Would one of the other teams offer to trade up to take the best QB if the Chiefs are listening to offers as well? Do other teams panic and scramble up to the third spot to assure they get that next best OT?

I think the best thing that could happen for the Chiefs is if OTs are taken 1, 2 in the draft.

Remember that Jason Smith, Brian Orakpo, and even Evrette Brown would be nice DE's to have. That is still a huge need and that is not a position that will be filled in Free Agency. That could be our 3rd pick in this scenario Tex. I hope to god that we do not waste this pick on a QB

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Remember that Jason Smith, Brian Orakpo, and even Evrette Brown would be nice DE's to have. That is still a huge need and that is not a position that will be filled in Free Agency. That could be our 3rd pick in this scenario Tex. I hope to god that we do not waste this pick on a QB

If we can get my GM, we probably bring in Suggs.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 01:56 AM

However, if the Chiefs are able to trade down, then those picks become more appealing. Jason Smith could go anywhere in the first round. But if we are unable to fill the DE role through free agency (I would not leave it up to chance if I'm the GM), then moving down would be the best thing for the team so that we can get the right value for a DE instead of reaching.

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 02:11 AM

Ok but what team will be looking for a QB, and what do they have to offer?

texaschief
01-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Ok but what team will be looking for a QB, and what do they have to offer?

San Francisco for one. They have their 1st, 2nd and 4th to offer.

Yes please.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 02:31 AM

Yes please.

But that's a stretch even for them. For that to happen, you have to think that they need to beat out Seattle and Oakland for QB. While no one knows what Oakland is doing, I doubt they draft another QB. Seattle may go for a QB since Hasselbeck is 33. But that is a big IF for San Fransisco to be wanting to move up.

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 02:37 AM

Yes please.
Thank you.

But that's a stretch even for them. For that to happen, you have to think that they need to beat out Seattle and Oakland for QB. While no one knows what Oakland is doing, I doubt they draft another QB. Seattle may go for a QB since Hasselbeck is 33. But that is a big IF for San Fransisco to be wanting to move up.
But San Fransico could very well be the team that will want to. :11: much thinkin now must i do :D nite crowd.

hermhater
01-03-2009, 04:26 AM
http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/GIF/GIFs/11202008/starwarskick2zf7wa.gif

windwalker
01-03-2009, 08:11 AM
I think that all the mock drafts should wait until after Jan. 15th, when the college underclassmen have to declare. The entire scenario could change depending on who "comes out"

yashi
01-03-2009, 09:56 AM
As far as linemen go, Oher all the way for me. I watched that guy play yesterday and he could block a truck. He also seems to be a high character guy who had a tough upbringing, kind of like Hali. Smith was suspended for contacting an agent, which kind of bothers me. He's also struggled with weight and showing up in football shape. I see him as having the potential to be the best run blocker of Smith, Monroe, Oher, but also by far the biggest bust potential.

If the scenario occurs with the 1st 2 picks being OTs, then I think we have to reach on Orakpo assuming we don't address the position in free agency. I wouldn't be completely opposed to Curry either. He's a better pass rusher than Maualuga and can play in both a 3-4 or 4-3, so he'll fit in no matter what his role.

The more I think about it, the more opposed I am to going QB with the 3rd pick. QB was one of few strengths for the Chiefs last season, so let's not try to improve what was one of the few bright spots.

jmlamerson
01-03-2009, 11:08 AM

Look, I know we all want to trade down. We would all love to pick up extra picks and avoid the 3rd pick's salary. But it ain't happening.

San Fran isn't going to move up to the 3rd spot to get Bradford, not so soon after the Alex Smith debacle. They'll stick with Shaun Hill next year and draft a QBOTF in 2010 if necessary.

No one will move up to the 3rd spot two years away from a rookie scale to take a flyer on a sophmore QB in Bradford. They certainly aren't going to move up to get guy with question marks like Stafford.

If one of those QBs drop, they may take him. But we're stuck at 3 - we have to accept this fact and move on.

Also, we're not getting anyone to trade for LJ, and we need to stop pretending we'll get a 2nd or 3rd for him.

We'll probably have seven picks in this draft - we will not be able to fill this teams holes just by drafting, no matter how much we may want to wheel and deal our way out of this.

theaxeeffect4311
01-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Look, I know we all want to trade down. We would all love to pick up extra picks and avoid the 3rd pick's salary. But it ain't happening.

San Fran isn't going to move up to the 3rd spot to get Bradford, not so soon after the Alex Smith debacle. They'll stick with Shaun Hill next year and draft a QBOTF in 2010 if necessary.

No one will move up to the 3rd spot two years away from a rookie scale to take a flyer on a sophmore QB in Bradford. They certainly aren't going to move up to get guy with question marks like Stafford.

If one of those QBs drop, they may take him. But we're stuck at 3 - we have to accept this fact and move on.

Also, we're not getting anyone to trade for LJ, and we need to stop pretending we'll get a 2nd or 3rd for him.

We'll probably have seven picks in this draft - we will not be able to fill this teams holes just by drafting, no matter how much we may want to wheel and deal our way out of this.

While I agreed that the Chiefs will not be able to trade down, I have to think that LJ will be traded. If you read the thread called "LJ options," Adam Schefter wrote an interesting article about LJ may be trade worthy because then a team will not have to pay him any bonus until a new contract. Therefore, they can trade for a big back until they want to cut him. Plus, the cap penalty for trading LJ would be 8.8 million which would be worth it since LJ will cost 8.2 million next season. It is a great scenario for both teams. The Chiefs may not be able to get a second round (however possible because teams may want to take a chance on LJ), but a third round and change is very acceptable.

jmlamerson
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
While I agreed that the Chiefs will not be able to trade down, I have to think that LJ will be traded. If you read the thread called "LJ options," Adam Schefter wrote an interesting article about LJ may be trade worthy because then a team will not have to pay him any bonus until a new contract. Therefore, they can trade for a big back until they want to cut him. Plus, the cap penalty for trading LJ would be 8.8 million which would be worth it since LJ will cost 8.2 million next season. It is a great scenario for both teams. The Chiefs may not be able to get a second round (however possible because teams may want to take a chance on LJ), but a third round and change is very acceptable.

I agree that it makes complete sense for the Chiefs to trade LJ for whatever they can get. But it makes no sense for any team to trade for him. He's a black mark away from suspension, he's been injured off and on for the past two years, and he hasn't been the same since Herm killed his legs in 2006. He's over 30. He'll make $8M next year. And fewer and fewer teams are paying big salaries for RB. I just can't see any team trading a 3rd for him instead of drafting a big back (Shonne Greene, for example) in the draft. Any GM that trades a 3rd for LJ should be fired. Ricky Williams and Herschel Walker are the rule, not exceptions.

True that any team could cut LJ and not lose anything. But why would they trade a decent pick for him and his $8M salary if that's a consideration?

If he's cut, someone will sign him. But no one will trade for him.

theaxeeffect4311
01-05-2009, 01:30 AM
I agree that it makes complete sense for the Chiefs to trade LJ for whatever they can get. But it makes no sense for any team to trade for him. He's a black mark away from suspension, he's been injured off and on for the past two years, and he hasn't been the same since Herm killed his legs in 2006. He's over 30. He'll make $8M next year. And fewer and fewer teams are paying big salaries for RB. I just can't see any team trading a 3rd for him instead of drafting a big back (Shonne Greene, for example) in the draft. Any GM that trades a 3rd for LJ should be fired. Ricky Williams and Herschel Walker are the rule, not exceptions.

True that any team could cut LJ and not lose anything. But why would they trade a decent pick for him and his $8M salary if that's a consideration?

I got the information from a story from the thread called "LJ options."

The reason I could see this happening is because LJ is a proven talent. This is more of a move for a team looking for a big back now. They do not want to develop one, especially those who are going to the playoffs now. It is like a few years ago when Pittsburgh traded for Bettis. Johnson is a reliable back since he rarely fumbles (had a few too many this season though). I do not see why you say he is injured on and off since his only significant injury was the foot injury in 2007. Other than the 4 game suspension, he did not miss any games this year. LJ may still have some value.

Canada
01-05-2009, 01:45 AM

He does not have an $8 million salary next year

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Chiefs-Johnson-should-become-available?urn=nfl,132055

jmlamerson
01-05-2009, 09:53 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Chiefs-Johnson-should-become-available?urn=nfl,132055

Thanks. That's what I get for using other people's numbers.

jmlamerson
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I got the information from a story from the thread called "LJ options."

The reason I could see this happening is because LJ is a proven talent. This is more of a move for a team looking for a big back now. They do not want to develop one, especially those who are going to the playoffs now. It is like a few years ago when Pittsburgh traded for Bettis. Johnson is a reliable back since he rarely fumbles (had a few too many this season though). I do not see why you say he is injured on and off since his only significant injury was the foot injury in 2007. Other than the 4 game suspension, he did not miss any games this year. LJ may still have some value.

Time is the only thing that will tell on this.

My prediction is that we cut him as our new GM starts cleaning house of the overpriced veterens on our team (Donnie Edwards, LJ, Surtain, etc.).

tornadospotter
01-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Time is the only thing that will tell on this.

My prediction is that we cut him as our new GM starts cleaning house of the overpriced veterens on our team (Donnie Edwards, LJ, Surtain, etc.).
You are right, time will tell. I can see LJ traded, but not cut.

slc chief
01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
i like britton in the second round

35OT Eben Britton, Arizona (JR)
The 6' 6" 310 pound junior left tackle excels at pass protection. He is talented and versatile, played right tackle his first two years.

theaxeeffect4311
01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
i like britton in the second round

35OT Eben Britton, Arizona (JR)
The 6' 6" 310 pound junior left tackle excels at pass protection. He is talented and versatile, played right tackle his first two years.

It's a possibility if we go defense in the first round. I like the idea of going for Alex Mack in the second round, but if we get another second round, we should definitely think about Britton. I do like Britton though. He is big and would be great for our O-line. So another possibility is going for Britton then a OC in the third round.

Big Daddy Tek
01-06-2009, 01:57 AM

if you include the singing bonus payment for next year, he DOES make 8 million. REVERSE your apaology JM! :yahoo:

texaschief
01-06-2009, 02:38 AM
if you include the singing bonus payment for next year, he DOES make 8 million. REVERSE your apaology JM! :yahoo:

I was going to say something about that, but decided to leave it alone.

LJ is still a nice chip to trade. He would cost the Chiefs $8 million in cap penalties to trade, but if we could get a 2nd and a 4th, he'd be worth it. I realize he's a good to great RB, people have to remember that he was only the 27th pick in the first round. While he does have a horrible contract that makes him worth less, getting a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick would be a lateral move at worst for the organization.

The more I look at Charles and his build relative to other RBs in the league, he compares favorably in stature and speed. He carried the load in a Texas system that ran the ball a lot more than they do now. I think he could do very well as a featured back.

Relieving the Rangers of his salary while gaining 2nd and 4th round picks would be WELL worth the $8 million cap hit.

Big Daddy Tek
01-06-2009, 02:42 AM

LJ is still a nice chip to trade. He would cost the Chiefs $8 million in cap penalties to trade, but if we could get a 2nd and a 4th, he'd be worth it. I realize he's a good to great RB, people have to remember that he was only the 27th pick in the first round. While he does have a horrible contract that makes him worth less, getting a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick would be a lateral move at worst for the organization.

The more I look at Charles and his build relative to other RBs in the league, he compares favorably in stature and speed. He carried the load in a Texas system that ran the ball a lot more than they do now. I think he could do very well as a featured back.

Relieving the Rangers of his salary while gaining 2nd and 4th round picks would be WELL worth the $8 million cap hit.

If he was our featured back, we would still have to have a big back for short yardage situations. He would also have to get much better at holding onto the ball.

yashi
01-06-2009, 09:29 AM

A 2nd and a 4th would be glorious. We could then easily afford to use our 3rd to draft a big back, either Shonn Greene or Rashad Jennings and I think we'd have our backfield set for years. LJ's biggest thing going against him is age and while he's still a good back, it's likely he only has maybe 2-3 productive years left at the most. With Greene/Jennings and Charles, we could forget about that position for the forseeable future and concentrate elsewhere (OL/DL/LB).

theaxeeffect4311
01-06-2009, 03:12 PM
A 2nd and a 4th would be glorious. We could then easily afford to use our 3rd to draft a big back, either Shonn Greene or Rashad Jennings and I think we'd have our backfield set for years. LJ's biggest thing going against him is age and while he's still a good back, it's likely he only has maybe 2-3 productive years left at the most. With Greene/Jennings and Charles, we could forget about that position for the forseeable future and concentrate elsewhere (OL/DL/LB).

It's true that LJ is becoming old, but also remember that he has missed good number of games over the last two seasons. It is the only good news about LJ's four games suspension this season. Teams may like that he has not taken a beating over the last two years and be interested in taking him. Plus, they probably think like many people that LJ will be effective behind a good O-line. So a second and fourth would be perfect for the Chiefs. Now, who do you think will take him?

jmlamerson
01-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately, I can't. His salary is $8M next year if you include bonuses, but if we trade him, the other team will only have him on the books for his base salary, not his bonus money.

I can't believe I used my one error this early in the year. I was wrong in 2008 about Thigpen. I was wrong about this in 2009. I'm just going have to be correct until 2010.

yashi
01-06-2009, 03:38 PM
It's true that LJ is becoming old, but also remember that he has missed good number of games over the last two seasons. It is the only good news about LJ's four games suspension this season. Teams may like that he has not taken a beating over the last two years and be interested in taking him. Plus, they probably think like many people that LJ will be effective behind a good O-line. So a second and fourth would be perfect for the Chiefs. Now, who do you think will take him?

Teams that immediately come to mind would be the Cardinals, Eagles, Broncos, Seahawks, Pats. It'd be in our best interest to not trade him to the Broncos though. All of those teams have their 2nd and 4th round picks.

The Pats also have San Diego's 2nd round pick, which could make such a deal more enticing to them.

texaschief
01-06-2009, 03:38 PM

The Saints could take him. Bush isn't an every down back and Deuce is playing like a deuce. The Browns like a power running game. Lewis is a much older 29 than LJ as far as wear and tear is concerned.

theaxeeffect4311
01-06-2009, 04:03 PM
The Saints could take him. Bush isn't an every down back and Deuce is playing like a deuce. The Browns like a power running game. Lewis is a much older 29 than LJ as far as wear and tear is concerned.

But Pierre Thomas has emerged as their second back. He is more of a power runner than Bush, but not as good as LJ obviously. So it's a possibility but I think they will stick with Thomas and Bush since both them work with the offense they run.

yashi
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM

Pierre Thomas turned out to be a great back for them and should start next year. I think if there's one requirement to be a useful back in New Orleans these days, it's that you're good in the passing game... something that LJ isn't, particularly when it comes to blocking.

jmlamerson
01-06-2009, 04:39 PM

Saints don't have a 2nd either - they traded it for Shockey.

jmlamerson
01-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Teams that immediately come to mind would be the Cardinals, Eagles, Broncos, Seahawks, Pats. It'd be in our best interest to not trade him to the Broncos though. All of those teams have their 2nd and 4th round picks.

The Pats also have San Diego's 2nd round pick, which could make such a deal more enticing to them.

The Cardinals aren't trading for LJ. They'll have cap problems in 2009 resigning the guys they have. They'll go with Hightower and a draft pick, probably.

Eagles aren't trading for LJ. They won't pay for him and Westbrook in the same backfield.

Broncos don't trade for RBs - they draft RBs in the late rounds and chop block them to 1000 yards.

The Seahawks are a possibility, but they aren't a trading team usually, and I can't see them getting another 30+ big money RB so soon after the Shaun Alexander debacle.

The Pats would be a pretty good choice. I think the trade would work well for both teams. I just don't see them giving a high pick. They gave a 4th for Randy Moss. We'd be lucky to get that for LJ.

Bike
01-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Nobody in their right mind would trade a heaping pile of steaming sh!t for LJ - not along a draft pick.
LJ IS DONE

KristofLaw
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Okay, here are some of the players I like regardless of whether they have declared: OL- Michael Oher; Andre Smith; Phil Loadholt; Duke Robinson; Alex Mack; DL- Greg Hardy; Brian Orapko; LB- James Laurinaitis; Aaron Curry; Rey Maualuga; DB- TAYLOR MAYS; QB- Sam Bradford; Mark Sanchez; Tim Tebow(if utilized properly- great addition); Matt Stafford(not so much though); HB- Chris Wells(unbelievably projected to the Chiefs in many mock drafts); WR- Michael Crabtree(only if he is next J.Rice)... and yes I realize most of these players are highly touted, it's only a reflection of the value we have with our picks, yet again.