PDA

View Full Version : Cowher officially OUT of NY talks (ESPN)

texaschief
12-30-2008, 11:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3799959

Thought some might be interested.

Chiefster
12-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Gives one reason to hope! :D

Coach
12-31-2008, 12:02 AM
I think Shanahan getting fired makes the KC job even more attractive. He could build an AFC West powerhouse in KC.

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Interesting. The possibility of Cowher/Schottenheimer combo in KC becomes a better chance. But that's just feeding into the rumors.

Hayvern
12-31-2008, 01:10 AM
I think Shanahan getting fired makes the KC job even more attractive. He could build an AFC West powerhouse in KC.

You know as much as I like Cowher and I really do like him. I also like Shanahan, I wonder, what would it take to get Shanahan in KC? You think the opportunity to lay some smack down on Denver might be interesting for him?

theaxeeffect4311
12-31-2008, 01:17 AM
You know as much as I like Cowher and I really do like him. I also like Shanahan, I wonder, what would it take to get Shanahan in KC? You think the opportunity to lay some smack down on Denver might be interesting for him?

Not only Denver, but also continue bashing on Oakland. Let's see how many times this coach can stay in this division.

texaschief
12-31-2008, 01:20 AM
I'd like to go on record as being opposed to Shannahan.

Vandelay
12-31-2008, 01:37 AM
Me too. I very much would like to see the Schottenhiemer, Cowher combo.

I H8 Every Team But KC
12-31-2008, 08:14 AM

Amen to that brother!

yashi
12-31-2008, 09:21 AM
I'd rather have Marty+Cowher, but Shanahan would be a close 2nd. Everything else is a distant 3rd.

Pro_Angler
12-31-2008, 10:12 AM
lmao we arent even trying to get cowher...

Canada
12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
lmao we arent even trying to get cowher...

...and you know this how?

Pro_Angler
12-31-2008, 10:26 AM
and no wheres is the Chioefs mentioned.. YOU DONT GET IT STOP THE CHILDISH ENFATUATION WITH THIS GUY HE IS JERKING EVERYONES CHAIN AND HE WILL NOT BE A CHIEF.

Canada
12-31-2008, 10:31 AM
and no wheres is the Chioefs mentioned.. YOU DONT GET IT STOP THE CHILDISH ENFATUATION WITH THIS GUY HE IS JERKING EVERYONES CHAIN AND HE WILL NOT BE A CHIEF.

No where is he mentioned by the Chiefs

And it is infactuation, not enfatuation.

I know you like to be negative for no apparent reason but do you have a legitimate reason for thinking that Cowher will not come to KC. I find it odd that you know he will not come here but he is in your avatar. I think you are just one of those guys who does not know what to complain about now that CP is gone. Don't worry, we will hire a new GM soon and you can complain about him.

Hayvern
12-31-2008, 10:50 AM

I know you like to be negative for no apparent reason but do you have a legitimate reason for thinking that Cowher will not come to KC. I find it odd that you know he will not come here but he is in your avatar. I think you are just one of those guys who does not know what to complain about now that CP is gone. Don't worry, we will hire a new GM soon and you can complain about him.

Actually, I read an article this morning, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3800871 where it said that Cowher is looking for three things:

1. Big money, 8 to 9 million per year
2. To bring in his own personnel manager
3. An Established quarterback

One of those, the established quarterback is something we do not have, the second is that I doubt Clark Hunt, can afford to pay 8 to 9 million for a coach, PLUS the cost of whomever he wants to bring in.

So I would guess that Cowher is not on our short list. I am coming to accept that. Also, Cowher re-upped his television contract for another year. Perhaps we have a better shot next season to get him if no one gets him this year.

I really am braced for another year of coach Edwards, I really don't think he is going anywhere.

Canada
12-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Actually, I read an article this morning, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3800871 where it said that Cowher is looking for three things:

One of those, the established quarterback is something we do not have, the second is that I doubt Clark Hunt, can afford to pay 8 to 9 million for a coach, PLUS the cost of whomever he wants to bring in.

So I would guess that Cowher is not on our short list. I am coming to accept that. Also, Cowher re-upped his television contract for another year. Perhaps we have a better shot next season to get him if no one gets him this year.

I really am braced for another year of coach Edwards, I really don't think he is going anywhere.

Fair enough. I was just looking for some valid reasons as to why people think (or don't think) Cowher will be coming to KC. That guy has just been spewing that same post all over with no reason other than he likes to yell. :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
12-31-2008, 12:24 PM

I am afraid you may be correct.:11:

Big Daddy Tek
12-31-2008, 01:02 PM

HAHAHAHA, Canada strikes again. My sentiments exactly! You should have sent this message out as an entire thread for all of these negative Nancy's!

Pro_Angler
12-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Just for your information ... Yea i would love the chin to come to KC , but that will not happen!!!!!!! he wants too much and is just jerking people around. let the guy sit behind a desk and drool over it. I will tell you this that the #1 reason he wont be at the chiefs is because of the chiefs themselves, sitting on thier azz's like they always do, and he will be gone or still behind a desk.