wants to win
12-31-2008, 09:36 PM
what do you think?

Chiefstillidie
12-31-2008, 10:04 PM
i like him better at head coach once herm gets the boot

Big Daddy Tek
12-31-2008, 10:22 PM
I would want Shanahan as our head coach starting yesterday! As a GM, no way. He's an awful evaluator in free agency and his draft picks have not been very good either. Thats why he got the boot in Denver. He was in charge of everything. Infact, he even fired the GM last year! Thats how big this guy is in Denver. Anyway, you dont want this guy as your GM, but you do as a coach.

Coach
12-31-2008, 10:47 PM
I think Shanahan was fired from Denver because of his work as a GM. It certainly wasn't his work as a coach.

Big Daddy Tek
01-01-2009, 12:07 AM
I think Shanahan was fired from Denver because of his work as a GM. It certainly wasn't his work as a coach.

Correct

chief31
01-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Normally, I would jump on thwe opportunity to get a proven winner here.

But Shanahan should choke on some broken-hipped seniors diaper. IMO.

He may well be the biggest scum-bag to have ever been given any job in The NFL.

I will take Herm failures, over his success any day of the week.

texaschief
01-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Shanahan says he plans to be coaching somewhere. So, this is moot.

Chiefster
01-01-2009, 10:10 AM
what do you think?

i like him better at head coach once herm gets the boot

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Daddy Tek
01-01-2009, 12:53 PM
I would like to start a hire Mike Shanahan website! You guys have no idea what this guy would turn us into!

okikcfan
01-01-2009, 01:31 PM

I'm not understanding what the big deal is with Shan. is. His record vs Herms record, change many times for coaches and players is good. He could do Great things for our ball club and again maybe not. Who really knows for sure. Fact is I'm sure we would get alot closer to the play off's with shan as HC then Herm. But he should be nothing more than a coach. I never have a good feeling about coach/gm combo's. It never really seems to work out, it's too big a load for one person.

OTR Chiefs fan
01-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I would want Shanahan as our head coach starting yesterday! As a GM, no way. He's an awful evaluator in free agency and his draft picks have not been very good either. Thats why he got the boot in Denver. He was in charge of everything. Infact, he even fired the GM last year! Thats how big this guy is in Denver. Anyway, you dont want this guy as your GM, but you do as a coach.

Ditto on that sentiment!

spiman
01-01-2009, 02:14 PM
NOOOOOO.... Get the big Tuna from Miami. His contract is up with the old owners..He will cost Big $$$$

Nel Toille
01-01-2009, 03:08 PM

Thank you. Where is the loyalty here, people? I realise he's a great football mind but there are plenty of those out there. Plus, we want a young guy to come in, not some bitter old man.

Big Daddy Tek
01-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Thank you. Where is the loyalty here, people? I realise he's a great football mind but there are plenty of those out there. Plus, we want a young guy to come in, not some bitter old man.

He doesnt mean that Shanny. Come on down. We would love to have you!!!!!

texaschief
01-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Shanahan will build a consistently .500 team. There's no reason to think otherwise. If your argument for him is that his O-line cut-blocking schemes are second to none or that all he needs is a hall-of-fame QB to win a Super Bowl, those a very weak arguments for a head coach.

No thank you. Have fun in Cleveland there, Shanny. You know what, you'd be immortalized for building Detroit into a consistently .500 team. Take THAT job!!

Bike
01-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Lets get somebody young and hungry in here. I don't think Shanahan is the right guy for what we need. He's had his glory. Maybe Scwartz or Spagnuplo.

slc chief
01-01-2009, 11:12 PM
shanahan will be a great coach if he does not try to take on the gm postition and head coach he is not going to be a coach in kc though

jmlamerson
01-02-2009, 01:23 PM

Agreed entirely. Shanahan would do well as a head coach in a good setup like Dallas or the Jets, but he was distasterous as a GM for the Broncos, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

m0ef0e
01-05-2009, 05:41 PM
So we can cycle through more RB's next year than we did QB's this season? No thank you.

Chief Buck Rogers
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Why are we so anxious to get a retread? Several of the rookie head coaches worked out great this year. We all know we need another good draft & free agent season before anything can happen regardless. The only retreads I'd take as coach are the Marvelous Mandible (Cowher) & The Walrus (Holmgren). Not that either of those are available this season anyway. We need a proven GM for personnel, then we can worry about a coach. I don't think bellichick could turn us into a winning team as we are now.

Coach
01-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Shanahan isn't coming to KC. No way. I'd be shocked if he went to Dallas as well. He still has nightmares after working for Al Davis. Jerry Jones is a young Al Davis.

I could see Shanahan in Cleveland if he goes anywhere this year. Possibly GB next year.

spiman
01-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I could b wrong but the big Tuna might be in the mix. The fish have new owners and an escape clause comes to play with him. Food for thought..

hardcorechiefsfan
01-06-2009, 11:41 PM
I would hire Shanahan because he did beautiful work with the broncos. But only as HC.

Bike
01-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Everybody seems to be assuming Herm will be gone!!
Hasn't happened and may not. This sucks he is still here...

jtandcrew
01-07-2009, 09:04 AM
If Herm isnt gone by now then I think hes here for another year. :( Too bad!

Chiefstillidie
01-07-2009, 01:35 PM
If Herm isnt gone by now then I think hes here for another year. :( Too bad!

It's because they haven't hired a new GM yet. Give it time. Like i said before if chiefs hire Scott Pioli..which i just read about on the pioli forum...somebody said they saw on sportcenter that pioli was kc bound or was staying in new england. I guarantee that if pioli gets signed herm edwards is gone! Have faith. But look at it this way if the idiot stays all we will have to look forward to is 1 more stupid season of him..and after he has another crappy season in kc he will be gone!

Chiefstillidie
01-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Why are we so anxious to get a retread? Several of the rookie head coaches worked out great this year. We all know we need another good draft & free agent season before anything can happen regardless. The only retreads I'd take as coach are the Marvelous Mandible (Cowher) & The Walrus (Holmgren). Not that either of those are available this season anyway. We need a proven GM for personnel, then we can worry about a coach. I don't think bellichick could turn us into a winning team as we are now.

Actually i heard that same excuse last year about 1 more good draft from herm edwards. He already made it clear that we only need a few more guys to put the pieces in place and everyother stupid excuse i've heard. And are you forgetting that herm edwards already made it clear they don't wanna go through free agency to get the team better! Where have you been?

Chief Buck Rogers
01-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Where have you been?

That would be on a 4.5 month westpac on a submarine!

Anyway, our draft last year was outstanding. no one can deny that. I'm just saying that we honestly need a few more pieces. Herm didn't want free agency, cause it kills you salary cap, you get a year or two due to their age, then they're gone. Dungy has repeatedly built his teams via the draft w/ limited free agency usage. We need to do the same. Look at our O-Line, it is nothing compared to three seasons ago, when the QB was actually protected, and we had an RB that could block (Priest)

balto
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Shanahan would be the best coach we could get ATM.

Plus he woudl cost us almost nothing for three years, while fuking over the Broncos. :)

If I was Hunt it would be a no brainer if Shanahan wants to come to KC. Any owner would be insane not to take him and not have to pay him practically nothing. Let alone watch Denver fans turn red in the face with anger over it LOL :)

Chiefstillidie
01-07-2009, 04:29 PM
well i hope herm gets the boot if we hire pioli...and get shannahan as a coach..that would be awesome!

Bike
01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah. That defense in Denver looked unstoppable this year...
NNNNNNNNNFFFFFFFFWWWWWWW.

Chief Buck Rogers
01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
looking around on other sites I found this (http://www.chiefswarpath.com/news/2009/01/01/dont-hire-mike-shanahan-an-open-letter-to-clark-hunt/)