PDA

View Full Version : Mathew Stafford

YZILLA
01-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Man I hope this isnt what we should expect from a top 3 draft candidate? He is overthrowing passes and just plain playing horrible. Hell thigpen can throw like that ! Lets see what Bradford does .

YZILLA
01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
After this post he comes back and throws for three touchdowns ( So Far ) -lol Ill shut up now !

yashi
01-01-2009, 04:08 PM
that last TD pass was incredible. If Thigpen could make that consistently he would have had another 5 TDs or so this year.

hey maybe Thigpen should play the first half and Stafford the second half for us :)

texaschief
01-01-2009, 04:09 PM
After this post he comes back and throws for three touchdowns ( So Far ) -lol Ill shut up now !

He's still shown the same problems for this team. He's immobile and makes poor decisions under pressure. Hell, the guy almost took a safety when he could've just thrown it away.

Three7s
01-01-2009, 04:50 PM
He's still shown the same problems for this team. He's immobile and makes poor decisions under pressure. Hell, the guy almost took a safety when he could've just thrown it away.
I'm not sure I know many QBs that make good decisions under pressure......

Big Daddy Tek
01-01-2009, 04:51 PM

Your rgiht. Bradford blows this guy away.

texaschief
01-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure I know many QBs that make good decisions under pressure......

You don't know of many QBs who throw the ball the away when they're flushed out of the pocket on the one yard line to avoid a safety?

Three7s
01-01-2009, 06:53 PM
You don't know of many QBs who throw the ball the away when they're flushed out of the pocket on the one yard line to avoid a safety?
It's called being young, I've seen Thigpen do the same thing this season, just not on the one yard line. He was trying to make a play.

texaschief
01-01-2009, 07:00 PM
It's called being young, I've seen Thigpen do the same thing this season, just not on the one yard line. He was trying to make a play.

The guy FORGOT about the pressure on his backside that flushed him out of the pocket in the first place. Don't forget, he didn't look too impressive against an 18th ranked Michigan St. team. All college QBs are young. That's a crappy excuse for the perceived top college QB going into the draft against considerably weaker competition than he'd see 7 months from now.

Three7s
01-01-2009, 07:39 PM
The guy FORGOT about the pressure on his backside that flushed him out of the pocket in the first place. Don't forget, he didn't look too impressive against an 18th ranked Michigan St. team. All college QBs are young. That's a crappy excuse for the perceived top college QB going into the draft against considerably weaker competition than he'd see 7 months from now.
Well, I'll take your word for it, since I didn't even see the play. I tuned in during the 3rd quarter when Stafford was lighting them up.

Bike
01-01-2009, 07:46 PM
I think Stafford is the best 'nfl' qb in this years draft.
I think if we don't grab him, we will be kicking ourselves in 3 years or so as we watch him take another team to the playoffs and become an elite nfl qb. jmho.

texaschief
01-01-2009, 08:54 PM
I think Stafford is the best 'nfl' qb in this years draft.
I think if we don't grab him, we will be kicking ourselves in 3 years or so as we watch him take another team to the playoffs and become an elite nfl qb. jmho.

I don't doubt that he is the best "NFL QB" in the draft. I just don't think he's a gamble the Chiefs should make. The contract that the Chiefs would have to give him for a position who's 10 year history shows a 63% chance of busting is just too much. Especially if you have to throw him behind this O-line as it stands now, who would have to adopt a whole new offensive system than they ran last year.

Bottom line, the reward would have to outweigh the risk... and for me, at this point, there's no way the reward could come close to being on the same scale as the risk.

I'm all for taking risks. I just can't see this being a good risk to take for this franchise right now. Maybe next year though.

YZILLA
01-01-2009, 10:25 PM
I agree , throwing 60-70 million dollars at a kid who has yet to play a game in the nfl is way to big of a risk. How many times can lightning strike like it did for atlanta and Baltimore.

Big Daddy Tek
01-02-2009, 01:57 AM
I agree , throwing 60-70 million dollars at a kid who has yet to play a game in the nfl is way to big of a risk. How many times can lightning strike like it did for atlanta and Baltimore.

Not to mention that we dont have near the surrounding cast that those guys have.

texaschief
01-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Not to mention that we dont have near the surrounding cast that those guys have.

I've been told that we need to take a "franchise QB" this season and let him sit for a year while we continue to build the team.

Could someone here make sense of that?

theaxeeffect4311
01-02-2009, 03:06 AM
I've been told that we need to take a "franchise QB" this season and let him sit for a year while we continue to build the team.

Could someone here make sense of that?

No...

I guess people think this is the only worth taking for the next couple of years. But that is a very, very weak argument.

Totally agree. Ryan has Turner tearing it up, while Flacco has that great defense to keep them in the game. Flacco just has to not make mistakes pretty much. The Falcons rely more on Ryan, but it's slim we'll find a QB like him.

leaves
01-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I gotta agree with big daddy and axeeffect, we don't have the crew to support a franchise qb. Not to mention, you don't pay a top 5 pick to hang out for a yr or two. Plus some drawbacks on the qbs this yr are stafford will look to throw no matter what (like Favre), bradford seems frail (like Croyle), and tebow's a coinflip on how he'll do or if he even goes. I think we should wait, grab some pocket qb later to hang around, and focus on our OL and Defense.

Bike
01-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Well, it certainly won't strike here without a thundercloud in sight...

jmlamerson
01-02-2009, 04:10 PM
I gotta agree with big daddy and axeeffect, we don't have the crew to support a franchise qb. Not to mention, you don't pay a top 5 pick to hang out for a yr or two. Plus some drawbacks on the qbs this yr are stafford will look to throw no matter what (like Favre), bradford seems frail (like Croyle), and tebow's a coinflip on how he'll do or if he even goes. I think we should wait, grab some pocket qb later to hang around, and focus on our OL and Defense.

Agrees. 2010 is a massively great year for rookie QBs. 2009 is not. Bradford/Stafford has the feel of Carr/Harrington to it.

texaschief
01-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Anyone want to come help me on my fight against evil? lol

tornadospotter
01-02-2009, 08:49 PM
We need O-line and LBs in this draft, I would be okay with a WR early, maybe. We do not need to draft a QB in the early rounds! There are other QBs that may not or will not get drafted, but can be a, NFL QB.

yashi
01-02-2009, 09:22 PM
after seeing Oher play today, I really want him! That guy completely shuts down the defender every play.

Vandelay
01-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Oher looked awsome today. Crabtree wasn't impressive, but his ankle seemed to be bothering him.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 12:05 AM
after seeing Oher play today, I really want him! That guy completely shuts down the defender every play.

I do like Oher. Of the top OTs, I think is on the top because he is all around better. So I would not be disappointed if the Chiefs chose Oher with the first round pick.

Coach
01-04-2009, 01:00 AM
I didn't think Oher looked nearly as good as the announcers wanted him to. In fact, as they were jocking Oher, he gave up a sack to Brandon Williams(#84 Texas Tech DE). That guy repeatedly beat Oher all day. I wasn't impressed.

theaxeeffect4311
01-04-2009, 02:37 AM
I didn't think Oher looked nearly as good as the announcers wanted him to. In fact, as they were jocking Oher, he gave up a sack to Brandon Williams(#84 Texas Tech DE). That guy repeatedly beat Oher all day. I wasn't impressed.

Who do you suggest then?