PDA

View Full Version : KC Star : Gonzalez plans return to Chiefs unless he hears the R word (rebuild)

Coach
01-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Tony Gonzalez will soon make his annual postseason trip to Hawaii to play in the Pro Bowl. Upon his return, he should have a better idea about which direction the Chiefs are headed.

More... (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/961410.html)

m0ef0e
01-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Somebody hire a detail to follow Tony around and mug anybody who even begins to say anything that remotely sounds like the "R" word.

I love Tony and would love to see him back in red and gold next year. Thing is, it sounds like the only way Tony will stay is if Herm, Chan, and co. are still here next year... yikes! Talk about the rock and hard place...

spiman
01-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Listen to the Chiefs main man! Keep Herm..

m0ef0e
01-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I guess I'm in a forgiving or patient mood today. IF Herm gets to have another crack at this thing next year, I really do hope that he can at least save his career. Make no mistake, the guy has deservedly been the focus of many Chief-fans' ire of the last two seasons and personally, I despise him as a coach at this point. However, as a person, Herm seems like a morally upstanding individual and I would never wish him and his family ill. Even if things don't work out with the Chiefs, I hope he finds success and security for his family in the future. It would be sad to see him ruined after the low-point in his career. Certainly, fair evaluation of his ability to lead this team is in order but I try not to kick a man while he's down. Maybe Herm could become a good college coach after he leaves Kansas City.