PDA

View Full Version : Told you... (Gonzalez)

texaschief
01-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Unless this team gets blown up again, Gonzo is coming back.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/961410.html

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
What if we just chip off the bad edges...like the coaches...all of them.

I am a huge fan of Tony G. My mom watches the Chiefs just to see him play. But I am not happy on how Tony has handled the situation in KC. Would I be happy in his shoes? Probably not. But maybe it is just best to trade Tony, so we do not run into a problem and he can stay happy.

texaschief
01-03-2009, 12:30 AM
What if we just chip off the bad edges...like the coaches...all of them.

I am a huge fan of Tony G. My mom watches the Chiefs just to see him play. But I am not happy on how Tony has handled the situation in KC. Would I be happy in his shoes? Probably not. But maybe it is just best to trade Tony, so we do not run into a problem and he can stay happy.

I honestly don't see him happy as anything other than a Chief.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 12:34 AM
I honestly don't see him happy as anything other than a Chief.

Do you see him staying happy though here in KC? Even if we keep Herm, what if Herm and the new GM chooses to draft a QB or not re-sign Thigpen?

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Tony is and will always be a Chief!!!! He is the Vet that all of the Chiefs Players, should be following, This man, this player is A KANSAS CITY CHIEF!!!! This Chief, I can say, Is a Chief Nation Hero!!!

texaschief
01-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Do you see him staying happy though here in KC? Even if we keep Herm, what if Herm and the new GM chooses to draft a QB or not re-sign Thigpen?

Yeah, I'm sure he'd be pissed if we take a QB. Anyone with any football sense would be pissed if we take a QB #3. Thigpen will probably be the starter going into next season unless the new guy beats him out. I'm sure if the organization takes a QB high, they would prefer letting him sit a while anyway.

Big Daddy Tek
01-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Bottomline: If Herm goes, alot of players are not happy and Tony wants out. Cut and dry Herm Haters.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I'm sure he'd be pissed if we take a QB. Anyone with any football sense would be pissed if we take a QB #3. Thigpen will probably be the starter going into next season unless the new guy beats him out. I'm sure if the organization takes a QB high, they would prefer letting him sit a while anyway.

I like that you are adamant that the Chiefs should not choose a QB with their first round. :lol:

However, this might be the season where Tony leaves. But I also think that Herm will be gone. Except I see that as progress, not rebuilding.

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:00 AM
I like that you are adamant that the Chiefs should not choose a QB with their first round. :lol:

However, this might be the season where Tony leaves. But I also think that Herm will be gone. Except I see that as progress, not rebuilding.

You really should go and read this thread that I'm on. It's unbelievable!! The thread title is "with the third pick in the draft the Chiefs select..."

My name on there is "mcchainsaw"

http://www.dailysportspages.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Bottomline: If Herm goes, alot of players are not happy and Tony wants out. Cut and dry Herm Haters.
You might be right.
I am not just sure about why. You can have a great relationship with all the coaches, and a gm.
But maybe if, the new gm, and head coach, or what ever happens. The players will play. I think that you can argue also that Tony was not happy because of hermie.
When was the change to the spread made?

Big Daddy Tek
01-03-2009, 01:09 AM
You might be right.
I am not just sure about why. You can have a great relationship with all the coaches, and a gm.
But maybe if, the new gm, and head coach, or what ever happens. The players will play. I think that you can argue also that Tony was not happy because of hermie.

Tony directly said that He will not be happy if Herm does not come back.

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:12 AM
You might be right.

The players don't want him gone because they actually understand the situation they're in. The realize Herm isn't NEARLY the "horrible coach" everyone outside of Arrowhead think he is. They're there 7 days a week and understand the problems a whole lot better than anyone on the outside looking in.

You're not going to understand why the players would be upset because unless you're employed by the Chiefs organization, you just have absolutely no clue what is really going on. You don't. I don't. The "all knowing" press doesn't.

If Brian Waters and Tony Gonzalez don't think the head coach is the problem, I'd take their word. When people start talking about how "horrible" the coaching is, I want to hear what the vets who have seen more than just one coach and who have won before, think about the coaching. If they're on board, I'm on board. If they're pissed at the coaching, then I'm on the "fire the HC" bandwagon.

I base the majority of my opinion about a head coach on how the vets feel about the guy. As of now, those vets don't think it's the head coach and right now, neither do I.

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Tony directly said that He will not be happy if Herm does not come back.
But he also asked to be traded. So what change his mind now, Is it because hermie allowed Chan to develop a new type of offensive attack. But does that over shine the defensive failure. Come on, most likely Hermie will get one more year, depending on the new gm. I not sure about, if I like that, or not. I really am not a against Hermy in any way as a coach, but I am concerned about his abilities as a Head Coach in the NFL.

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 01:26 AM
The players don't want him gone because they actually understand the situation they're in. The realize Herm isn't NEARLY the "horrible coach" everyone outside of Arrowhead think he is. They're there 7 days a week and understand the problems a whole lot better than anyone on the outside looking in.

You're not going to understand why the players would be upset because unless you're employed by the Chiefs organization, you just have absolutely no clue what is really going on. You don't. I don't. The "all knowing" press doesn't.

If Brian Waters and Tony Gonzalez don't think the head coach is the problem, I'd take their word. When people start talking about how "horrible" the coaching is, I want to hear what the vets who have seen more than just one coach and who have won before, think about the coaching. If they're on board, I'm on board. If they're pissed at the coaching, then I'm on the "fire the HC" bandwagon.

I base the majority of my opinion about a head coach on how the vets feel about the guy. As of now, those vets don't think it's the head coach and right now, neither do I.

It is just hard to say that when you see the mistakes in game management that Herm makes. Herm is a great guy. I wish he was more like Dungy (I say that because of the similar coaching styles). But I think we are fooling ourselves if we keep thinking that this guy is the only guy to rebuild this team. A veteran's opinion is a good one. An important one. If the Chiefs turn around with Herm as a coach, I'll give Herm some credit. But as it stands right now, Herm has not shown me much as a HC.

Big Daddy Tek
01-03-2009, 01:29 AM

LET THE LIGHT SHINE DOWN UPON THEE! TEX, YOU ARE 100% CORRECT!

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:41 AM
LET THE LIGHT SHINE DOWN UPON THEE! TEX, YOU ARE 100% CORRECT!

You act surprised. :lol:

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:41 AM
I'm such an ***. :D

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm such an ***. :D
Now that I can agree on!:D :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 01:49 AM
But you are also a smart### at times to.

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:54 AM
But you are also a smart### at times to.

a smart *** or

a smartass?
:character00267:

Guru
01-03-2009, 01:55 AM
If Tony expects Clark to keep Herm and the entire coaching staff around just to appease him, he has another thing coming.

texaschief
01-03-2009, 01:58 AM
If Tony expects Clark to keep Herm and the entire coaching staff around just to appease him, he has another thing coming.

I honestly believe, and I think so do the players and perhaps the Owner, that hiring a new coach would set this team back next year as the young players have to learn either new terminology or perhaps an entirely new system altogether.

I think this team with a few FA additions and another good draft class is your 2009 AFC West champ as it stands with its current coaching staff.

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Holy crap the Mods are here. Nice to see you Guru. Hope you had a happy Christmas and a Merry New Year.

YZILLA
01-03-2009, 02:08 AM
I honestly believe that the only reason Tony is backing Thigpen is that Thigpen made him the go to guy. If a new QB came in and did the same whats the diff? Herm probably made sure thigpen used tony and then Bowe or someone else second. making herm tonys best choice .Bottom line is : Tony gets the ball Tony stays a chief !

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 02:08 AM
I honestly believe, and I think so do the players and perhaps the Owner, that hiring a new coach would set this team back next year as the young players have to learn either new terminology or perhaps an entirely new system altogether.

I think this team with a few FA additions and another good draft class is your 2009 AFC West champ as it stands with its current coaching staff.

But you can make that argument with any coach who is in charge of the Chiefs next season. The west is weak. This team has talent and it only matters who becomes the GM as far as the right FA additions and good draft.

Yeah, learning a new system would be difficult, but it happens. Look at the teams who had changes and made the playoffs- Dolphins, Falcons, Ravens. The Chiefs are not that much better than the Dolphins were last season. With the right coaching, we could be looking at a winning season. We could turn it around with Herm as well, so it really depends on who becomes the GM.

texaschief
01-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Holy crap the Mods are here. Nice to see you Guru. Hope you had a happy Christmas and a Merry New Year.

Yeah, well, I hope the both of you had a CRAPPY christmas and had a bottle rocket explode in your ***!! :lol:

Three7s
01-03-2009, 02:14 AM
I honestly believe that the only reason Tony is backing Thigpen is that Thigpen made him the go to guy. If a new QB came in and did the same whats the diff? Herm probably made sure thigpen used tony and then Bowe or someone else second. making herm tonys best choice .Bottom line is : Tony gets the ball Tony stays a chief !
Finally, someone gets it. You Herm lovers look into what the players say far too much. Gonzo and Waters want Herm and Thigpen here because they know they'll have to deal with changes if new guys are brought in. Wasn't it Wiegmann that pointed out that our coaching was a joke?

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah, well, I hope the both of you had a CRAPPY christmas and had a bottle rocket explode in your ***!! :lol:
We did not, or I did not, I had a ****ed chiefs season, 2 and I can't say it. So merry crappy chiefs christmas and may 16-0 next year to us all, or some where better than last season to us all.
(maybe 10-6) something better please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theaxeeffect4311
01-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Finally, someone gets it. You Herm lovers look into what the players say far too much. Gonzo and Waters want Herm and Thigpen here because they know they'll have to deal with changes if new guys are brought in. Wasn't it Wiegmann that pointed out that our coaching was a joke?

He did say that, but you have to wonder how much of that came from anger that they cut him. I thought it was dumb move actually, and he proved me right, having a good season. So who knows if the Chiefs' coaching is any good.

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 02:49 AM
:D
He did say that, but you have to wonder how much of that came from anger that they cut him. I thought it was dumb move actually, and he proved me right, having a good season. So who knows if the Chiefs' coaching is any good.
So who knows? Who knows??? do you, I do not, but I can apply for the Job, cost Clark and family less money than cp, but I do not want to sell my self short, after all my career will be short.:D :11: but all that I get will be all I need need!

tornadospotter
01-03-2009, 02:51 AM
We need Cowher!

hermhater
01-03-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm secretly worried about waiting 15 years for a championship from this point on.

But everyone has to admit that those 15 years were a hell of a learning experience.

texaschief
01-03-2009, 04:45 AM
I'm secretly worried about waiting 15 years for a championship from this point on.

But everyone has to admit that those 15 years were a hell of a learning experience.

:sign0153:

Chiefster
01-03-2009, 01:00 PM
From the way Clark has been talking lately it sounds as if Tony my be a little "ticked off".

theaxeeffect4311
01-04-2009, 02:41 AM
From the way Clark has been talking lately it sounds as if Tony my be a little "ticked off".

Anyone else think Tony will be traded?

hardcorechiefsfan
01-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Anyone else think Tony will be traded?
I'm biting my nails since I read that story too, and I'm thinking that he deserves to be in a superbowl. I would love to see the chiefs go there in a year or two but Tony is fantastic and on top of his game. I would like see to the chiefs trade him so we can acquire players and TG can have his chance at a superbowl ring.

Canada
01-05-2009, 01:41 AM
That would be great if we could trade Tony to a sure winner, unfortunately there is no such thing. How would everyone feel if we traded him and he still did not get a ring?

theaxeeffect4311
01-05-2009, 01:47 AM
That would be great if we could trade Tony to a sure winner, unfortunately there is no such thing. How would everyone feel if we traded him and he still did not get a ring?

Well it looks like Tony will be traded if it depends on Herm staying. It looks like Herm is on his way out. While I want Tony to have that ring, if he is going to make this a problem situation, the Chiefs take the best offer and do not care what team it is.

"But it no longer seems a question of if Edwards will go. It seems a question of when."

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/04/chiefs-next-gm-expected-to-bring-in-his-own-coach/

Canada
01-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Well it looks like Tony will be traded if it depends on Herm staying. It looks like Herm is on his way out. While I want Tony to have that ring, if he is going to make this a problem situation, the Chiefs take the best offer and do not care what team it is.

"But it no longer seems a question of if Edwards will go. It seems a question of when."

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/04/chiefs-next-gm-expected-to-bring-in-his-own-coach/

Tony does not really have much of a choice in the situation as he is under contract with the Chiefs, and I believe that he is enough of a professional to not make it a problem situation after kick off.

theaxeeffect4311
01-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Tony does not really have much of a choice in the situation as he is under contract with the Chiefs, and I believe that he is enough of a professional to not make it a problem situation after kick off.

I am saying if Tony does make a scene. I doubt he will, he has been such a nice guy. I think he just wants to win. Who doesn't. I just think that the Chiefs will be more friendly about which team they trade him to if he does not make a big problem about leaving the Chiefs.

Canada
01-05-2009, 01:58 AM
I am saying if Tony does make a scene. I doubt he will, he has been such a nice guy. I think he just wants to win. Who doesn't. I just think that the Chiefs will be more friendly about which team they trade him to if he does not make a big problem about leaving the Chiefs.

True, I just hope he stays. we are gonna kiKC *** next season anyways!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
01-05-2009, 01:59 AM
the *** was A S S

theaxeeffect4311
01-05-2009, 02:01 AM
the *** was A S S

:lol: Thanks for the clarification.

Big Daddy Tek
01-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Dont leave the team that you have been an all pro on for years because you dont like the front office situation. You've stuck with them long enough and they will probably pull it together. The next team that you sign with, might not even make the playoffs, while your old one will.

Sincerly,
Jason Taylor

Canada
01-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Dont leave the team that you have been an all pro on for years because you dont like the front office situation. You've stuck with them long enough and they will probably pull it together. The next team that you sign with, might not even make the playoffs, while your old one will.

Sincerly,
Jason Taylor

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wish we still had Post of the Month!! :funnypost:

Three7s
01-06-2009, 12:49 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wish we still had Post of the Month!! :funnypost:
But the post would be by Jason Taylor. :(

Not that I don't agree with it!