PDA

View Full Version : JOHNSON OR ALLEN ? One willbe gone.

wolfpack
07-18-2007, 10:31 AM
the Glasses,i mean Hunts wont shell out huge bunuses to both,maybe not even to one. which would you keep if you could? i could see allen getting tagged this year and if LJ wont come down some he`ll be traded.

Sweets
07-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Is the Chiefs organization even talking with LJ and his agent?

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 01:23 PM
the Glasses,i mean Hunts wont shell out huge bunuses to both,maybe not even to one. which would you keep if you could? i could see allen getting tagged this year and if LJ wont come down some he`ll be traded.

I don't see Allen getting tagged, and I stiil believe that Carl will get a deal done with LJ

Is the Chiefs organization even talking with LJ and his agent?

Well things happening around the league leads me to believe that there is at least an open dialog. The Plowgirls are no longer interested in LJ.

chief31
07-18-2007, 09:44 PM
I would rather keep Jared Allen. He is an impact player, who, I feel is incredibly under-rated. And, as I've stated before, I think we should "sell-high", in the L.J. matter.

DrunkHillbilly
07-18-2007, 10:42 PM
I would rather keep Jared Allen. He is an impact player, who, I feel is incredibly under-rated. And, as I've stated before, I think we should "sell-high", in the L.J. matter.

WOW!!!

Canada
07-18-2007, 11:54 PM

If we have to trade one I agree just for the amount we would get for him,

Chiefster
07-19-2007, 01:27 AM
If we have to trade one I agree just for the amount we would get for him,

Or at least the amount we should get for him; remember we're talking about Carl here.

Guru
07-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Or at least the amount we should get for him; remember we're talking about Damnit Carl here.

Fixed your post

Chiefster
07-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Fixed your post

LOL!!!

Why yes; yes you did.

wolfpack
07-19-2007, 10:08 AM
queen carl said once he`d tag allen.rather it was just ramblings or the truth.

Chiefster
07-19-2007, 02:37 PM
queen carl said once he`d tag allen.rather it was just ramblings or the truth.

Time will tell.

kenny1937
07-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Tag, you are it Allen, look at all that gold aroung LJ.

:character0065: :character0065: :character0065:

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Tag, you are it Allen, look at all that gold aroung LJ.

:character0065: :character0065: :character0065:

I think LJ has a better chance of getting tagged.

chief31
07-25-2007, 02:05 AM
There are two "tags" that a team can use, on players. The frnchise tag, which everynoe knows about, then the transitional tag, which works in a similar way, with a lower salary and a lower trade value.

For example, if Larry Johnson were to be hit with the franchise tag, the Chiefs would be agreeing to pay him a salary based on the top-five salaries, at his position. Whereas, if they were to use the transitional tag, they would only be committed to paying a top-ten average salary, for his position.

Also, with the fanchise tag, another team can offer Larry a better contract, but would have to compensate the Chiefs with a first round pick and a third. (I think it's a first and third.) However, with a transitional tag the other team would owe the Chiefs a lesser compensation. (Not sure what that would be.)

DrunkHillbilly
07-25-2007, 02:26 AM
There are two "tags" that a team can use, on players. The frnchise tag, which everynoe knows about, then the transitional tag, which works in a similar way, with a lower salary and a lower trade value.

For example, if Larry Johnson were to be hit with the franchise tag, the Chiefs would be agreeing to pay him a salary based on the top-five salaries, at his position. Whereas, if they were to use the transitional tag, they would only be committed to paying a top-ten average salary, for his position.

Also, with the fanchise tag, another team can offer Larry a better contract, but would have to compensate the Chiefs with a first round pick and a third. (I think it's a first and third.) However, with a transitional tag the other team would owe the Chiefs a lesser compensation. (Not sure what that would be.)

I don't think we have to worry about the transitional tag. Typically this is put on players with less value than what he is worth I believe.???

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 05:08 AM
Carl and LJ have two days to iron this thing out before training camp.

Guru
07-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Carl and LJ have two days to iron this thing out before training camp.
Keep dreaming. This won't be over until the 3rd preseason game at the earliest.

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 05:10 AM
Keep dreaming. This won't be over until the 3rd preseason game at the earliest.

Not dreaming simply stating a fact.

chief31
07-25-2007, 06:27 AM
I don't think we have to worry about the transitional tag. Typically this is put on players with less value than what he is worth I believe.???

Well, the transitional tag would be available for Jared Allen. Then, even if some other team makes him an offer, we will get some compensation. (hypothetically)