PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Suggs

jerhart
01-04-2009, 02:16 PM
I have always loved the Ravens D. And our D needs a leader...Terrell Suggs is going to be a FA. I would LOVE to have him leading our D. Thoughts?

YouTube - Terrell Suggs Highlights

texaschief
01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
He'd be a good one. Sign him as a DE, Vilma as a MLB and draft Aaron Curry to complete the corp if he ends up being good value at #3.

jerhart
01-04-2009, 02:36 PM
He'd be a good one. Sign him as a DE, Vilma as a MLB and draft Aaron Curry to complete the corp if he ends up being good value at #3.

Sounds good to me! :bananen_smilies046:

okikcfan
01-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Hmmm, OK let's do it!!

yashi
01-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I think Peppers is a much better overall player, but our defense does need a leader which means Suggs would be a good fit.

Chiefstillidie
01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
i wouldn't mind having him either!

tornadospotter
01-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I vote yes, but surly the Ravens will resign him.

DMN
01-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I have always loved the Ravens D. And our D needs a leader...Terrell Suggs is going to be a FA. I would LOVE to have him leading our D. Thoughts?

YouTube - Terrell Suggs Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26q5IudxRc)

I was thinkin the exact same thing while I watched him throw pennington to the ground today.

balto
01-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Get Gross in FA as well and we wouldn't even need to draft hehe JK.

Suggs/Vilma and drafting Curry would be a dream, but I would also go for Suggs/Haynesworth. Then instead of drafting Curry (which will go in the top 5 I'm sure) Trade down to around 10th and grab Rey Maualuga and gain an extra 2nd.

So you pick

Suggs/Vilma/Curry

OR

Suggs/Haynesworth/Maualuga/2nd round draft pick

I think Maualuga is more NFL ready than Curry anyways.

Hell Brian Cushing OLB from USC is said to go in the late 1st or early 2nd. So draft him to upgrade your OLB spot if needed. Crushing and Maualuga played great together in college why not for the chiefs hehe.

theaxeeffect4311
01-05-2009, 01:53 AM
I vote yes, but surly the Ravens will resign him.

I does not look that way since they hit him with the franchise tag this season and possibly drafted a replacement either last year or the year before, I cannot remember. I have to think he will go wherever he'll get the most money. For money, he'll sign as a DE, since they make more than LBs.

I think Peppers is a much better overall player, but our defense does need a leader which means Suggs would be a good fit.

Suggs has the high motor, intensity, and toughness to bring to the Chiefs defense. He could definitely fire up the defense. I think Vilma would be more of an actual leader, but Suggs could definitely be the motivator out on the field.

Peppers is better, but since Peppers will be 29 next season and Suggs will only be 26, that is the main difference the Chiefs will go after Suggs. If the Chiefs get either one, I will be happy, but I am leaning toward Suggs as well.

Sn@keIze
01-05-2009, 04:57 AM
It all depends if our new GM will be willing to spend $ and compete for players in the free agency. It Suggs is avail., then youd better believe there will be 30 other teams scratching and clawing for him.

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing us spend $$ on sexy players every once in a while.

Not to the extent the Cowboys do(T.O., Pacman, Tank, etc.) or anything, but you get the idea.

Canada
01-05-2009, 07:55 AM
It all depends if our new GM will be willing to spend $ and compete for players in the free agency. It Suggs is avail., then youd better believe there will be 30 other teams scratching and clawing for him.

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing us spend $$ on sexy players every once in a while.

Not to the extent the Cowboys do(T.O., Pacman, Tank, etc.) or anything, but you get the idea.

heh heh...you said Suggs was sexy!!

http://http://th42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/Tdawg55/th_terell2.jpg

hayden2004
01-05-2009, 09:45 AM
i live in maryland trust me all the ravens d players are products of the system of course not ray and ed but all the other ones are all you have to look at is ed hartwell,,gary baxter,well demps,adalius thomas all got big paydays no nothing for there new teams

theaxeeffect4311
01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
i live in maryland trust me all the ravens d players are products of the system of course not ray and ed but all the other ones are all you have to look at is ed hartwell,,gary baxter,well demps,adalius thomas all got big paydays no nothing for there new teams

I have to disagree. Adalius Thomas is a great linebacker. He went to the Patriots and gave them flexibility at the LB corps. Unfortunately, he got injured this season. But if he was still out there, their defense would be doing better. You can say what you want about those other guys, but Thomas is no product of the system. He may have moved from one great system to another great system, but his numbers were still up when he was playing.

While you may have a point that the Ravens have a great system, you have to look at the intangles. Suggs is quick, strong, tough, high motor, intense. Those are things that cannot be taught. I would say the Chiefs would be wrong to sign him if they are trying to bring him on as a LB. I could agree then that the Chiefs would be making a mistake, especially trying to get a 3-4 linebacker in a 4-3 defense. However, the intangibles I mentioned before would work perfect for a 4-3 DE, which is what the Chiefs would sign Suggs to do. It is not crazy since Suggs still has the frame of a DE and played DE in college. Plus, Suggs would be willing to go back if it means more money. I am usually one who says to get players who are not about the money, but more about the game. Yet when it comes to getting a young player who can be a star at DE, a cornerstone of the defense, the Chiefs take their chances with this guy.

Bigmoe
01-06-2009, 08:32 PM
To me Haynesworth seems like the classic playing for a new contract FA.

Suggs, and either Vilma or Dansby, preferably Dansby, would have an immediate impact on the D.

Drunker Hillbilly
01-06-2009, 10:55 PM
With the way Suggs is playing I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay right where he is.