PDA

View Full Version : Pioli our new GM ( Friday announcement ) ?

YZILLA
01-08-2009, 01:31 AM
I have heard that metro sports has said that we have agreed to terms with Pioli and a possible friday press conference is set to announce him as out new GM . Not 100% official yet but stay tuned . Should know in the morning !

Guru
01-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Now, lets work on getting a coach. heh

PSUAnderson
01-08-2009, 07:25 AM
I am thrilled, this is awesome news, looking forward to Friday now for more than one reason.

jerhart
01-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Wow! I sure hope so...heard it was Dave Stewart reporting it on Metro Sports....is he a legitimate source? I am out of state so I'm not familiar with Mr. Stewart.

Three7s
01-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Wow! I sure hope so...heard it was Dave Stewart reporting it on Metro Sports....is he a legitimate source? I am out of state so I'm not familiar with Mr. Stewart.
Yeah, Dave Stewart is very legitimate! I had a feeling that we'd get Pioli. If it's true, of course.

YZILLA
01-08-2009, 09:16 AM
crossing my fingers , I am really getting tired of hearing we have him , only to be told later that we dont. I want off this rollercoaster.Staring to make me queezy.:D

yashi
01-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Any ideas on who becomes the most likely candidates for head coach with Pioli in charge?

jerhart
01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Any ideas on who becomes the most likely candidates for head coach with Pioli in charge?

Jim Schwartz.....at least that's what I've heard. Ferentz's son plays for Iowa and he doesnt want to leave the team when his son is on it.

wildcat
01-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Stewart isn't the only one who thinks Pioli is our next GM...

http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/?q=node/371

I H8 Every Team But KC
01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Stewart isn't the only one who thinks Pioli is our next GM...

http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/?q=node/371

Wow, at the very least this guy does some in depth research.

jmlamerson
01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Jim Schwartz.....at least that's what I've heard. Ferentz's son plays for Iowa and he doesnt want to leave the team when his son is on it.

I'm very, very comfortable with Schwartz being our next HC. He's young, very bright, and has seven years of great defenses to his credit. Not to mention that he may be able to coax Haynesworth to KC with him.

Pioli + Schwartz + Haynesworth = 2010 Championship

yashi
01-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm very, very comfortable with Schwartz being our next HC. He's young, very bright, and has seven years of great defenses to his credit. Not to mention that he may be able to coax Haynesworth to KC with him.

I was thinking about Haynesworth too.. not only would us acquiring him mean that we'd have one of the most dominant DTs in the league to play next to Dorsey, but it would also keep Denver from getting him.

Haynesworth could be just what Dorsey needs to become a game changer in the NFL like he was in college.

jmlamerson
01-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I was thinking about Haynesworth too.. not only would us acquiring him mean that we'd have one of the most dominant DTs in the league to play next to Dorsey, but it would also keep Denver from getting him.

Haynesworth could be just what Dorsey needs to become a game changer in the NFL like he was in college.

Haynesworth certainly couldn't hurt Dorsey's or Tank's development. He's played sucessfully with slightly smaller DTs than normal for the position. I do think that Dorsey's and Tank's development is more incumbant on their getting stronger this offseason.

With the Chiefs massive cap room and the Schwartz connection, we would almost have to be the frontrunner for Haynesworth's services.

Seek
01-08-2009, 12:23 PM

I am personally very excited if Swartz is the new HC. The only problem I have is that I heard he is only 32. Will the players respect him. Typically players don't like it when the coach is younger than them becasue what can he teach them that they don't already know.

yashi
01-08-2009, 12:31 PM
I am personally very excited if Swartz is the new HC. The only problem I have is that I heard he is only 32. Will the players respect him. Typically players don't like it when the coach is younger than them becasue what can he teach them that they don't already know.

Schwartz is 42, not 32. 1 year younger than Pioli.

Seek
01-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Schwartz is 42, not 32. 1 year younger than Pioli.

I am sorry, I was thinking about Josh McDaniels. The Patriots OC. I have heard he would also be in consideration.

Nel Toille
01-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Doesn't look like this is gonna happen, at least by tomorrow. I just read an article saying that the rumors of a press conference tomorrow are false. At this time, there is no press conference scheduled. I hope they hurry up though, the suspense is killing me.

balto
01-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Jim Schwartz would be a great HC. Also I would liek to see Pioli bring in Josh McDaniels as our OC.

Schwartz plus McDaniels would be a great combo. Then bring in Haynesworth/Suggs/Vilma. DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN

Then we could focus a lot of our draft on Oline.

jmlamerson
01-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Jim Schwartz would be a great HC. Also I would liek to see Pioli bring in Josh McDaniels as our OC.

Schwartz plus McDaniels would be a great combo. Then bring in Haynesworth/Suggs/Vilma. DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN

Then we could focus a lot of our draft on Oline.

I want Peppers, Asomugha, and Dansby as well. THEN, our defense would inspire fear.

Admit it, that would be an incredibly awesome defense.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I sure hope its not ferentz college coaches suck in the NFL and im an iowa hawkeye fan and he has yet to impress me i wish he would leave iowa to.

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 07:10 PM
wow this is great news..i actually posted that i had heard about pioli had already accepted an offer..and got people saying it wasn't a credible sourc and other bs because they love herm edwards..rest assure that if it's legit and he is the new hear coach i'm giving every herm edwards lover some talk tommorow about myself being right all along! i'm excited

texaschief
01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
wow this is great news..i actually posted that i had heard about pioli had already accepted an offer..and got people saying it wasn't a credible sourc and other bs because they love herm edwards..rest assure that if it's legit and he is the new hear coach i'm giving every herm edwards lover some talk tommorow about myself being right all along! i'm excited

I'd be willing to bet almost anything that the job was not offered to Pioli yet. Also, don't be surprised to see more than a 3 or 4 more candidates interviewed before the Chiefs choose a direction. I can't find where I read it, but I saw somewhere that the Chiefs have an interview lined up with Kokinis within the next week.

This Pioli stuff is complete BS. So, you're gonna have to wait a while to give the "Herm lovers some talk" a little while longer.. :sign0104:

jerhart
01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Anyone who backs a coach with a career record 20 games below .500 obviously doesn't know the sport. 'nuff said. Go cheer for the Lions if you enjoy cheering for failures.

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Anyone who backs a coach with a career record 20 games below .500 obviously doesn't know the sport. 'nuff said. Go cheer for the Lions if you enjoy cheering for failures.

yeah i may be new to this forum but i'm not a noob when it comes to the chiefs..i've been bleeding red since the age of 3 and i am 26 years old now..i would know when it was time to get a new coach...exp right after winning 2 of your last 25 games

jerhart
01-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Grade A douche bag...

...you speaking of Herm?

Sick Dog
01-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Herm who?

texaschief
01-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Mike Florio, PFT

As the Scott Pioli rumors/speculation continue in Kansas City, we’re told that none of the various media outlets working the story have bothered to ask a simple question of the team.

Are any press conferences scheduled?

We’re also told that no press conferences are scheduled, which undercuts the ever-expanding suggestion that a deal is close to done, and that an announcement is close to imminent.

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 09:53 PM
:sign0104:
:lol:
:funnypost:
ain't that right...them herm lovers don't like it when you give opinions on herm the germ are savior of kc

jap1
01-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Just got home and find this thread became a beast of its own. For what it is worth, as someone who has been playing football for close to 20 years, and coaching (although only on a youth level) for about 5 years, I have to agree with the idea that bringing in a new coach (if he brings in a new system) will probably set the rooks back a lot. Possibly set them back far enough to the point of frustration and never reaching their potential. Ive seen it happen first hand many times.

Yeah, I agree that Herm is not a great coach. He has horrible clock and challenge management. He has a poor strength/conditioning program leading to too many preventable injuries (soft tissue sprains, strains, etc). And he doesn't pick the best coaching staff in my opinion.

However, I believe he is a much better evaluator of talent than our previous coaching staffs have been. In a previous thread weeks ago I compared his drafts with the other years. Without counting the players who are still "developing," he has a better success rate.

I believe what the "herm lovers" you are chastising are really just making that argument. Herm is better at evaluating talent and still needs to be allowed to develop his own players. He was never given full permission to begin rebuilding until after the 4-12 season.

Go ahead, call me a "herm lover," I could care less.

Big Daddy Tek
01-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Just got home and find this thread became a beast of its own. For what it is worth, as someone who has been playing football for close to 20 years, and coaching (although only on a youth level) for about 5 years, I have to agree with the idea that bringing in a new coach (if he brings in a new system) will probably set the rooks back a lot. Possibly set them back far enough to the point of frustration and never reaching their potential. Ive seen it happen first hand many times.

Yeah, I agree that Herm is not a great coach. He has horrible clock and challenge management. He has a poor strength/conditioning program leading to too many preventable injuries (soft tissue sprains, strains, etc). And he doesn't pick the best coaching staff in my opinion.

However, I believe he is a much better evaluator of talent than our previous coaching staffs have been. In a previous thread weeks ago I compared his drafts with the other years. Without counting the players who are still "developing," he has a better success rate.

I believe what the "herm lovers" you are chastising are really just making that argument. Herm is better at evaluating talent and still needs to be allowed to develop his own players. He was never given full permission to begin rebuilding until after the 4-12 season.

Go ahead, call me a "herm lover," I could care less.

Great job. I dont think that we had a problem with his Herm hating as much as the way he was presenting it, which was childish. I agree completly with your post and just like you said, this guy (Herm) has many flaws, but lets atleast see what his forsight turns out to be.

DMN
01-09-2009, 01:32 AM
I have an idea.... why dont you guys start a thread called "dont waste your time" and focus all your bull#@&$ bickering there.

texaschief
01-09-2009, 02:05 AM
I am saddened to see this thread get so screwed up.
My take on herm is this. Some people say that you can't blame him for losing with sooo many young guy's? Herm is a smart guy, don't you think that maybe he did the "movement" to have an excuse for losing and this gave him a few more years here then he should have gotten? We can either make a change or take the chance these young guys will mature and become winners with Herm?

I think the "movement" as you put it was put in place because the Chiefs were the oldest team in the league due to Peterson's incompetence as a GM this decade and were just coming off a 4-12 season.

If the "movement" had happened as soon as he got here instead of allowing CP to chase fool's gold in 2007 after making the playoffs in 2006, we wouldn't be in this position this year. We'd already be talking about year four in a rebuilding process and probably making a really good argument as to why the Chiefs will be a Super Bowl contender this year.

Imagine what this team would look like if they had traded off their great vets like LJ, Gonzo, Surtain etc for draft picks like they did with Allen? We would probably still have Allen and one of the best defenses in the league. I lay 95% of the failure of this franchise at the feet of CP for drafting like sh!t all decade and letting this team get old while offering horrible contracts to players like Holmes and LJ while trading away studs like Allen. While I was in favor of trading Allen, it was only because he was the only piece left we had to trade in order to upgrade this team thru the draft. His trade wouldn't have been necessary if CP had been able to move LJ and Gonzo after the 2006 season.

Of course, if they had found more than 3 players from 2001 to 2005 who could've stuck on the team, we would've been able to sustain hits like LJ and Holmes. The fact remains CP wasn't prepared for two of the best, yet oldest Olinemen in the league to retire. If he had guys behind him ready to step in, those hits wouldn't have been so bad either. The lack of foresight displayed by this franchise over the course of this decade was simply staggering and that had absolutely NOTHING to do with Herm Edwards.

The simple fact that Edwards has been able to find talent in all rounds of the draft and Undrafted Free Agents who were able to contribute to this team shows how much of an absolute failure Carl Peterson was as a GM. You can only do so much with young players and for anyone to expect the oldest team in the league without their Pro Bowl RB or a real starting QB and an average defense to win more than 4 games isn't looking at the situation objectively. To say the failure in 2007 was all Herm Edwards is the dumbest thing for ANYONE to say.

Same goes for this season. To expect the YOUNGEST NFL in the league who sustained a massive amount on injuries, had to completely draw up a new offensive scheme to mask the fact that they were using a 7th round QB as a starter, who's pro bowl RB no longer plays like a pro bowler and was also suspended for four games and who's schedule was loaded with teams who won a combined 137 games to win more than they did is also not looking at the situation objectively.

If you think the Chiefs lost for the same reasons (Herm Edwards) in 2007 as they did in 2008, you're completely blind and have no idea what's really going on with this franchise. If you go from being the oldest and most untalented team one year, to the youngest most inexperienced team the next, but yet, you think the head coach is the reason for the same exact reasons why those two teams lost, again, you're just not looking at the situation objectively. I'm not sure where our strength of schedule is ranked at the end of this season, but 137 wins by our opponents would've put us in the top 10 last season. 153 wins was ranked 1st last season.

The team only won 2 games. I get it. But the youngest team in the league with the absolute worst defense in the league, an average offense, a 7th round 2 year QB and a horrible rash of injuries over the year lost 8 games by a touchdown or less. If they win them all, they're in the playoffs. If they win 6, they could've still been in the playoffs. If they win half, they improve by 2 games from the previous year. If they win two, they do the same as the previous year.

At this point, as long as the head coach and GM believe the defense should be build around a 4-3, I don't think it really matters who the head coach is. Even if Herm stays, chances are, they'll probably be running a completely different offensive scheme, so the 2nd year offensive players having to learn a new scheme is a wash. I worry about the defense having to learn new terminology, but again, even if Herm stays Gunther is probably out as the DC and the defense might have to learn new terminology anyways when they bring in a new DC. So, that's a wash.

I feel bad for Herm that he was stuck with a sh!!ty team that Dick and Carl left him and was the only voice of reason that convinced ownership to completely rebuild this team and won't be retained long enough to see the fruit of his labor. That really sucks. But at this point with the franchise hiring a new GM, unless Herm was one of the top names on his list, there's really no reason to keep him around. Herm DOES have his flaws, no doubt. But he's done the right thing with this team.

Whoever the Chiefs DO sign to be the head coach if Edwards gets fired, needs to be young and willing to be a head coach for a long time. I don't want Cowher cuz who knows what the hell is going on with him. Shanahan... eh. This new coach needs to KNOW this is where he wants to be for the next decade because Edwards and Hunt have teed this franchise up for anyone who steps in to be able to hit one out of the park. The foundation of this franchise is finally being built after 8 years of Peterson negligence.

I honestly think that with the way this franchise has positioned itself, an average GM and average HC should be able to at least take us to one Super Bowl. So, like I said, I'm neutral on Edwards staying. I don't think he'd necessarily be SO much better than anyone else we could bring in, other than all the players want him to stay. Like I've said before, I form my opinion about a coach by what the vets say about him. They've seen multiple coaches, schemes, meetings, etc... and if they think he's not the problem, then I'd be inclined to believe them. They're at Arrowhead every day and know exactly what's going on inside the franchise. When the vets start howling for new coaches, then I take the notion of a new coach a little more seriously.

texaschief
01-09-2009, 02:43 AM
My biggest want for this franchise is stability. I don't see Edwards being problem, thus I'd prefer he stay and create stability in the organization. Jumping from coach to coach every third year is the mark of an unstable and perennially unsuccessful organization. If I knew for a fact that the new GM and ownership would hire the right guys to continue the work that has been started in 2008 and those guys trusted each other and planned a long tenure, then I wouldn't be against getting a new head coach.

It's just that with Edwards, I KNOW that he believes in this plan and got ownership to believe in this plan. It's the right plan for the organization and it's one that needs to be continued for the next few seasons until the young players are seasoned and ready to compete annually for division, conference and league titles.

If I could be assured the new coach/GM would follow this plan, I'd be all for them as well.

windwalker
01-09-2009, 08:22 AM
also....people who have to call new people noobs don't have the brain capacity to think of an actual good insult to throw at them so they have to call people NOOB! I rest my case from the person that posted below my posts..another herm the germ man...did i also mention herm edwards sucks big daddy tek? like jerhard said earlier anyone who supports a person who has won 6 games in the past year doesn't know the sport! and it's sadly true...btw go read coach's post about all the pioli rumors going around...the guy int he video even said that carl peterson would have fired herm edwards if he was still the gm! that's how bad herm is. also btw being new has nothing to do with this conversation we are having so i don't know what persuaded you to say noob... lol

Ok.. we have listened to your 137 posts making one point. Ok we get it.. you think Herman Edwards sucks. The rest of your posts are simply bashing other people and their opinions.
How about saying something relevant in your next post.

Coach
01-09-2009, 09:49 AM
I have an idea.... why dont you guys start a thread called "dont waste your time" and focus all your bull#@&$ bickering there.

I agree. So I removed 55 posts and I may remove 3 members. PM's sent. Stay on topic and abide by the board rules.

Back to the topic:

I am looking forward to getting some closure on the GM/HC thing. It seems like I am looking at my blackberry every 10 minutes waiting for some kind of announcement.

jerhart
01-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I agree. So I removed 55 posts and I may remove 3 members. PM's sent. Stay on topic and abide by the board rules.

Back to the topic:

I am looking forward to getting some closure on the GM/HC thing. It seems like I am looking at my blackberry every 10 minutes waiting for some kind of announcement.

Ugh....seriously...this has been the most unproductive week for me as I have been refreshing every sports site I know of hoping for some breaking news. The wife is beyond annoyed by this obsession. :lol:

leaves
01-09-2009, 03:35 PM
any news yet?

OPLookn
01-09-2009, 03:53 PM
I was looking around and it's on the kc star that there aren't any press conferences scheduled today or this weekend (probably due to the playoffs). Guess we'll have to continue to wait. I don't do so well at waiting....curses!

jerhart
01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
any news yet?

I haven't heard anything...I have about given up on surfing the net for possible leaks...

....I think Clark still wants to interview some of the personal still in the playoffs. He isn't one to jump the gun. However I have to hand it to him....he does not leak any information. With all the media and speculations flying around, you would think something would leak. I have seen all the different reports floating around about the supposedly 6 year $40 million dollar contract, the negotiations coming to a halt do to control issues, Clark wants to keep Herm and Pioli doesnt so there are issues there, but none of this has been confirmed by either Hunt or Pioli. It doesnt matter who your source is, how reliable the source is...until it comes out of the mouth of Hunt or Pioli, it's just all speculations and rumors. I hope we sign him...I want to say we will know by next week, but I also thought we would know this past Monday...oh well...a change is coming and that's all that matters. Again, this is just what "I" think. :sign0076:

hardcorechiefsfan
01-09-2009, 04:15 PM
[/quote]
:yahoo:YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:
I so wanted Pioli! I hope its for real.

Seek
01-09-2009, 04:26 PM
610 sports just said that the Chiefs are planning on scheduling a press early next week. Sources have ruled out some GM whose name has escaped me. I want to call him Boiman, but that is the red headed line backer.

They did say that a very credible source, high in the Chiefs organizaiton, did confirm that the job was offered to Pioli, but nothing was confirmed after that.

As far as Herm supporters.

Herm supporting = Apathy. End of Story... The guy must go.

leaves
01-09-2009, 04:41 PM
This (the waiting game) sucks. I'm gettin the vibe that all of the chatter from this page is just that. Hunch's tellin me it'll be another week.. longtime to keep these fingers crossed.

jerhart
01-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Yup...try to enjoy the games this weekend. They aren't going to announce anything during the playoff weekend.

...so rest, recuperate, allow your heart rate to return to normal so that you are ready to get all worked up again Monday!!! Have a great weekend everyone!! :bananen_smilies046:

leaves
01-09-2009, 05:12 PM
...so rest, recuperate, allow your heart rate to return to normal so that you are ready to get all worked up again Monday!!! Have a great weekend everyone!! :bananen_smilies046:

Amen to that.

Seek
01-09-2009, 05:18 PM
610 just now said, that the guy from Tampa, Dominick is has had interviews and could be an option, and Jimmie Raye the 3rd, from San Diego is also an option. But everyone keeps telling them that the ball is in Pioli's court.

texaschief
01-09-2009, 06:08 PM
John Clayton is reporting Pioli is unlikely to accept the Chiefs offer to be next GM...

again, unless he heard it directly from Pioli or Hunt, I'm not buying just yet.

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 06:50 PM
cbssportline.com just put on there site that pioli has more then likely accepted the GM job and it would be at anytime that they are gonna annouce it..meaning a week from now even because even though they want him most for the job they wanted to interview some more people before they made a decision! this is the best news i've heard all day!

hayden2004
01-09-2009, 07:06 PM
its people like you that start stuff nothing on cbssportsline

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 07:06 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/CONTENT/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1354

here you go..i found this link on nbc sports...one thread says pioli won't get announced this weekend as the gm because the chiefs don't want him overshawdowed by the playoff games or something like that...and another one reports that chiefs will want to interview kokhis the guy who cleve land wants if pioli didn't accept but that one is an older thread. and the line below shows the stor about the chiefs wanting to wiat till after the playoffs.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/09/chiefs-fans-can-relax-and-watch-the-games/

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 07:17 PM
its people like you that start stuff nothing on cbssportsline

dude i didn't make anything up i googled up and found it at work today! but think what you want! i don't care

slc chief
01-09-2009, 07:23 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/CONTENT/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1354

here you go..i found this link on nbc sports...one thread says pioli won't get announced this weekend as the gm because the chiefs don't want him overshawdowed by the playoff games or something like that...and another one reports that chiefs will want to interview kokhis the guy who cleve land wants if pioli didn't accept but that one is an older thread. and the line below shows the stor about the chiefs wanting to wiat till after the playoffs.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/09/chiefs-fans-can-relax-and-watch-the-games/

i am not buying none of this. if they have came to an agreemant they would announce it. so pioli could get to work quick its all rumors at this point the good thing is cleveland is out the bad news is i have a funny feeling denver will try to screw things up

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
i am not buying none of this. if they have came to an agreemant they would announce it. so pioli could get to work quick its all rumors at this point the good thing is cleveland is out the bad news is i have a funny feeling denver will try to screw things up

it's cool man i am just reporting what i find cause i figured people would want to see it. i have been following the pioli situation since they started because i want them to hire pioli bad. I own a sports bar and i hear the news from espn all the time on my big screens..didn't hear anythingon the news so i googled it up. we will just have to wait i guess.

Canada
01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
yeah i may be new to this forum but i'm not a noob when it comes to the chiefs..i've been bleeding red since the age of 3 and i am 26 years old now..i would know when it was time to get a new coach...exp right after winning 2 of your last 25 games

Oh yeah!! I have been bleeding red my whole life!! :D

slc chief
01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
it's cool man i am just reporting what i find cause i figured people would want to see it. i have been following the pioli situation since they started because i want them to hire pioli bad. I own a sports bar and i hear the news from espn all the time on my big screens..didn't hear anythingon the news so i googled it up. we will just have to wait i guess.

none of that was intended at you believe me this was the first post i looked at when i got home.thanks for the info you have given us. i want pioli to be next gm just as bad.but i do not think i will believe it untill they announce it on espn or nfl network and of course a confirmed pioli post from the great chiefs crowd. its friday time to get drunk and take my mind off of the whole pioli deal cheeeeeeeeers

D.A.S.
01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
It's Friday night and all the rumors turned out to be a bust. Can't say I'm upset though. I still hope they hurry it up.

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
It's Friday night and all the rumors turned out to be a bust. Can't say I'm upset though. I still hope they hurry it up.

actually the only rumor that's a bust so far is the friday announcement..keep watching in the coming weeks though..if they signed pioli it will be coming at anytime!

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Oh yeah!! I have been bleeding red my whole life!! :D

haha yeah..well i wasnt old enough yet to know about what football was till i was 3 so i guess u got me beat

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 09:15 PM
i also went to espn to see where supposebly john clayton said that pioli won't take the job. I never once saw that in any of his daily blogs he writes.:sign0103:

jerhart
01-09-2009, 09:33 PM
i also went to espn to see where supposebly john clayton said that pioli won't take the job. I never once saw that in any of his daily blogs he writes.:sign0103:

HINT* search harder Sports coverage spans beyond ESPN...

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1

Chiefs | Pioli appears unlikely to accept GM job
Fri, 09 Jan 2009 14:19:52 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports it appears unlikely that New England Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli will accept the Kansas City Chiefs vacant general manager position.

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 09:40 PM

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports it appears unlikely that New England Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli will accept the Kansas City Chiefs vacant general manager position.

well you got me there..but i'll stick with the fact that i believe they will hire pioli as gm...anyways my sincerest apologies i didn't believe it but now that i see it i will keep an open mind....if not pioli my second choice would be polian from the colts..i guess i find it funny thought that a person who works for espn wouldn't post that in is blog on espn or put it on the headlines....so idon't totaly believe that link you just gave me but it has opened my eyes!

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 09:41 PM
if pioli doesn't come to kc he's stayingin new england then

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 09:48 PM

i'll believe this link from espn anyday before i believe the thread you found!
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1339/AFC-West-news-and-notes.html

jerhart
01-09-2009, 09:56 PM

i'll believe this link from espn anyday before i believe the thread you found!
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1339/AFC-West-news-and-notes.html

Look...I simply gave you a link to a website to show you what John Clayton supposedly said because you had trouble finding it. I never told you to believe it. Why don't you stop being so damn confrontational with everyone on this site and MAYBE you will be accepted more readily. :sign0104:

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Look...I simply gave you a link to a website to show you what John Clayton supposedly said because you had trouble finding it. I never told you to believe it. Why don't you stop being so damn confrontational with everyone on this site and MAYBE you will be accepted more readily. :sign0104:

i wasn't being confrontational with you man...what are u talking about i like you..lol...and idon't know why you think that stupid noob sign bugs me....i hardly would consider myself new anymore...i have been here over a month and visit the forum everyday. but if the noob thing makes you feel better i guess post it! btw i don't care if people accept me or not..i'm not here for friends i am here to talk about chiefs football....hardcore style with the rest of the people....i have plenty of real friends who accept me.

garciakcfan
01-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Texaschief,
Thanks for the great read on your post. Ive stayed away trying to keep myself in check because I tend to get carried away when replying to negative posts. We agree on most as usual, and its good to read something that someone with good football sense writes instead of the run of the mill tantrums about herm and CP. Great post man!!!!!!!

nigeriannightmare
01-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I hate to rain on both your parades but I am pretty sure you can find a link that says the sky is purple and 2+2 doesn't equal four. We are just gonna have to wait and be patient. If Pioli isn't hired, it's because the deal wasn't sweet enough, like I said someone is gonna have to give up a lot to get a good GM in here no offense to those who like Herm, but I would highly doubt that any GM would continue with him, meaning Herm, as our HC. Which might be the hold up, Clark may be waiting for a yes man that is gonna want to keep Herm around. My two pennies, they don't mean much but there they are.

PawnshopMarimba
01-09-2009, 11:42 PM
I hate to rain on both your parades but I am pretty sure you can find a link that says the sky is purple and 2+2 doesn't equal four. We are just gonna have to wait and be patient. If Pioli isn't hired, it's because the deal wasn't sweet enough, like I said someone is gonna have to give up a lot to get a good GM in here no offense to those who like Herm, but I would highly doubt that any GM would continue with him, meaning Herm, as our HC. Which might be the hold up, Clark may be waiting for a yes man that is gonna want to keep Herm around. My two pennies, they don't mean much but there they are.

Kudos to some sanity in this thread.
Hear, hear.

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Now, lets work on getting a coach. heh

That in deed would be the next order of business.

Coach
01-10-2009, 12:10 AM
I think this process is getting the best of all of us. It's like waiting till xmas to open your christmas presents. Only nobody knows how many days till xmas actually gets here.

I am looking for some closure. Regardless of who we hire, some will be happy and some will not.

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 12:17 AM
I think this process is getting the best of all of us. It's like waiting till xmas to open your christmas presents. Only nobody knows how many days till xmas actually gets here.

I am looking for some closure. Regardless of who we hire, some will be happy and some will not.

Couldn't agree more. I know it's something Clark may not want to rush but at the same time the longer he waits to hire a decent GM the lower that window of opportunity gets.

Bike
01-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Pioli sounds like somebody wanting to make a name for himself. That might be ok for some, but I want somebody that has one goal and one goal only, and that is to build a dynasty in KC for years to come. I'd rather have Kokinis, DeCosta, or Polian. Theres something about Pioli that tells me he needs his ego and wallet fed more than he needs a championship. JMO. We shall soon see!

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Pioli sounds like somebody wanting to make a name for himself. That might be ok for some, but I want somebody that has one goal and one goal only, and that is to build a dynasty in KC for years to come. I'd rather have Kokinis, DeCosta, or Polian. Theres something about Pioli that tells me he needs his ego and wallet fed more than he needs a championship. JMO. We shall soon see!

The two could go hand in hand.

texaschief
01-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Are GM's and coaches just flying off the shelf? The only signing I've heard about is Mangini in Cleveland. A lot of the good execs and coaching candidates are still in the playoffs. I don't understand why everyone thinks the Chiefs should be in a hurry to sign a GM. Go through the process. Interview as many WORTHY candidates as possible and try to make the most educated hire. If that happens to be Pioli, great. At least we did our homework to assure that we didn't rush into a contract with a "trendy" candidate.

We really need to go through and make sure we do our due diligence. This should be a once in a decade (if not longer) decision and is going to be a decision that will mold the franchise for the next 10-20 years. Interview everyone you can and make the best hire.

If coaches actually want this job in KC, they're not going to sign somewhere else until this job has been taken off the market. If they go sign somewhere else, chances are, they probably wouldn't have signed here in the first place.

Seriously. Who's off the market that we ABSOLUTELY wanted? Other than Mangini, nobody has signed a contract. Everyone is still available.

texaschief
01-10-2009, 12:30 AM

..+1

Coach
01-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Are GM's and coaches just flying off the shelf? The only signing I've heard about is Mangini in Cleveland. A lot of the good execs and coaching candidates are still in the playoffs. I don't understand why everyone thinks the Chiefs should be in a hurry to sign a GM. Go through the process. Interview as many WORTHY candidates as possible and try to make the most educated hire. If that happens to be Pioli, great. At least we did our homework to assure that we didn't rush into a contract with a "trendy" candidate.

We really need to go through and make sure we do our due diligence. This should be a once in a decade (if not longer) decision and is going to be a decision that will mold the franchise for the next 10-20 years. Interview everyone you can and make the best hire.

If coaches actually want this job in KC, they're not going to sign somewhere else until this job has been taken off the market. If they go sign somewhere else, chances are, they probably wouldn't have signed here in the first place.

Seriously. Who's off the market that we ABSOLUTELY wanted? Other than Mangini, nobody has signed a contract. Everyone is still available.

I agree that this is a huge hire and needs to be done carefully. It will shape the franchise for years to come. I just wish there was better communication. I can understand keeping your cards close your chest, but zero communication also doesn't make sense.

texaschief
01-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Texaschief,
Thanks for the great read on your post. Ive stayed away trying to keep myself in check because I tend to get carried away when replying to negative posts. We agree on most as usual, and its good to read something that someone with good football sense writes instead of the run of the mill tantrums about herm and CP. Great post man!!!!!!!

Thanks bud. :bananen_smilies046:

Bike
01-10-2009, 12:37 AM
The two could go hand in hand.
Well, maybe, maybe not. Peterson made a lot of money for himself and his owner, but not 1 superbowl. Maybe its just me, but I see the same type of person in Pioli.
I want to win superbowls. I want somebody that gives a damn about the future of this franchise. I just don't think Pioli is the answer. Just my opinion.

texaschief
01-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I agree that this is a huge hire and needs to be done carefully. It will shape the franchise for years to come. I just wish there was better communication. I can understand keeping your cards close your chest, but zero communication also doesn't make sense.

Letting other teams know what you're doing and who you're interviewing might make them panic and offer the same guy a huge package which could make you miss out on a someone you really want. I like that Hunt has kept things on lock down. Makes me believe he knows what he's doing and isn't looking for necessarily the most popular hire by throwing out a list of names to get approval from the media and fans. This is a football decision and isn't one that should be made by the press or the fans.

Can you imagine what :fatlock: would be saying about each candidate if the list were out there for public scrutiny. He'd have the Chiefs fan base hating each candidate for stupid and unfounded reasons.

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 12:40 AM

Agreed, at this point it isn't panic time, I just meant that good prespects don't usually remain prospects for long.

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Letting other teams know what you're doing and who you're interviewing might make them panic and offer the same guy a huge package which could make you miss out on a someone you really want. I like that Hunt has kept things on lock down. Makes me believe he knows what he's doing and isn't looking for necessarily the most popular hire by throwing out a list of names to get approval from the media and fans. This is a football decision and isn't one that should be made by the press or the fans.

Can you imagine what :fatlock: would be saying about each candidate if the list were out there for public scrutiny. He'd have the Chiefs fan base hating each candidate for stupid and unfounded reasons.

...Just the ones who lend him any credance. :D

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Well, maybe, maybe not. Peterson made a lot of money for himself and his owner, but not 1 superbowl. Maybe its just me, but I see the same type of person in Pioli.
I want to win superbowls. I want somebody that gives a damn about the future of this franchise. I just don't think Pioli is the answer. Just my opinion.

...Absolutely entitled to it bud and I don't necessarily disagree with it. :)

windwalker
01-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Well it is Saturday... Which Friday was this press conference supposed to be??? next one?? four weeks from now???

texaschief
01-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Well it is Saturday... Which Friday was this press conference supposed to be??? next one?? four weeks from now???

monday is the next rumored date. apparently Hunt didn't want the playoffs to "overshadow" the hiring. We'll see.

Canada
01-10-2009, 11:19 AM
monday is the next rumored date. apparently Hunt didn't want the playoffs to "overshadow" the hiring. We'll see.

Wheres your source!!! Is it reputable?? Dont lie to me!! :D

yashi
01-10-2009, 12:13 PM

Coach
01-10-2009, 01:51 PM

The best part of that link is this quote!

Apparently, when our thirst for information isn’t being satisfied, we cling to exaggerations and flat-out fabrications.

leaves
01-10-2009, 02:07 PM

I absolutely love the way you phrased that.. MONDAY IS THE NEXT RUMORED DATE..ha

I'm sure this process will take a good while, which is fine. I do think though we have all just seen how hit or miss the rumor sites are. Especially with two diff. quoted sources saying Pioli is set and Pioli is not coming.

jerhart
01-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Pioli, KC talks heating up - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/01/pioli_kc_starti.html)

slc chief
01-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Pioli, KC starting to bond

By Mike Reiss
Globe Staff / January 11, 2009

Email (javascript:openWindow('http://tools.boston.com/pass-it-on?story_url=http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/01/11/pioli_kc_starting_to_bond','mailit','scrollbars,re sizable,width=770,height=450');)|
Print (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/01/11/pioli_kc_starting_to_bond?mode=PF)|
Single Page (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/01/11/pioli_kc_starting_to_bond/#)|
bostoncom751:Pioli, KC starting to bond - The Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/01/11/pioli_kc_starting_to_bond/)Yahoo! Buzz (http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/bostoncom751/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.boston.com%252Fsports%252Ff ootball%252Fpatriots%252Farticles%252F2009%252F01% 252F11%252Fpioli_kc_starting_to_bond%252F)|
ShareThis (javascript:void(0))Text size – +

Discussions between the Kansas City Chiefs and Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli have intensified, according to an NFL source. Although negotiations had not begun as of early last night, word out of Kansas City was that the possibility of a marriage was picking up momentum.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/01/5.jpg (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/01/11/pioli_kc_starting_to_bond/#commentAnchor)DiscussCOMMENTS (9) (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/01/11/pioli_kc_starting_to_bond/#commentAnchor)

Even before he interviewed last Monday, Pioli was presumed to be the Chiefs' top choice to run their football operation. That hasn't changed since Kansas City chairman Clark Hunt conducted a thorough, close-to-the-vest search that has included multiple candidates.
Hunt, interim president Denny Thum, and Pioli have increased their dialogue and think they could form a strong partnership, which is crucial, because regardless of whom the Chiefs hire, that person will have to work closely with Thum.
As part of the search for a general manager, Hunt has stated that he plans to split the job, with Thum handling business matters and the new hire focusing mostly on the football side. Although it has been suggested that Pioli, 43, might be seeking total control and thus wouldn't be comfortable with such an arrangement, the increased intensity of talks indicate that might not be the case.
Hunt has decided to split the job after former general manager Carl Peterson, who was with the club for 20 years, held both titles. In dividing the job, Hunt has said he wants a general manager who would be a "fresh set of eyes" and "shrewd evaluator of talent."
Pioli, a two-time Sporting News Executive of the Year Award winner, would qualify.
While Pioli and the Chiefs moved closer, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has emerged as a top candidate to become the Denver Broncos head coach, according to Adam Schefter of the NFL Network.
McDaniels had a second interview with the Broncos last Thursday.http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/01/6.jpg

tornadospotter
01-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Home (http://www.boston.com/) /
Sports (http://www.boston.com/sports) /
Football (http://www.boston.com/sports/football) /
Patriots (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots)
<FONT color=#999999>

In the final home game of the Kansas City Chiefs' 2008 season, an announced crowd of 73,689 showed up at frigid Arrowhead Stadium despite the team's 2-12 record at the time. Some came with hand-written signs with a message for owner Clark Hunt: "We want Pioli."

On http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/01/5.jpg (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/01/12/chiefs_main_man/?page=full#commentAnchor)Football Patriots VP Pioli is looking more like the Chiefs' main man (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/01/12/chiefs_main_man)
Patriots' coordinator McDaniels to coach Broncos (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/01/12/patriots_coordinator_mcdaniels_to_coach_broncos)

What might have seemed like a long shot at the time - Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli running the Chiefs' football operation - is now looking more like a realistic possibility.
Once thought to be the Chiefs' leading candidate, now there is no doubt: Pioli is their man, according to an NFL source.
Perhaps more important, Pioli's interest in the Chiefs and a potential new career challenge has grown.
All that stands in the way is hashing out a contract agreement, or perhaps a late pitch from the Patriots (who lost offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels to the Broncos yesterday as head coach), or a last-minute change of heart from Pioli.
All scenarios remained in play as of early last night, but as reported in yesterday's Globe, the intensity of talks between Pioli and the Chiefs has increased within the last 24-48 hours. Word out of Kansas City continues to be that the possibility of the sides coming together is picking up momentum.
The key has been the comfort level between Pioli, Hunt, and team president Denny Thum.
Because Hunt already has determined that his new hire will work closely with Thum, a longtime Chiefs employee who will handle mostly business matters, it is imperative that there be good chemistry between the two.
So as the 43-year-old Hunt prepares to make his first major hire since taking over the club from his late father, the venerable Lamar Hunt, he is in many ways a matchmaker. He must determine if the person he hires to run the Chiefs' football operation is a good fit with Thum.
Albeit in a short timeframe, Pioli and Thum have hit it off, according to the NFL source.
This might come as a surprise to some who have painted the 43-year-old Pioli as a candidate who would be seeking total control of all decisions, or someone who was interviewing for jobs in Cleveland and Kansas City but had little intention of leaving New England because he apparently was making such hefty demands.
Although Pioli can drive a hard bargain, and that setting of high expectations is part of what has earned him two Sporting News Executive of the Year awards, those suggestions seem to be well off the mark.
Browns owner Randy Lerner also cleared up one other misconception regarding Pioli - that he wasn't hired for the Cleveland job because he was looking for a mega financial offer.

"We talked for hours about football organizations," Lerner told the Akron Beacon-Journal. "Money never came into the conversation with Scott."
Asked if Pioli made exorbitant demands, Lerner told the newspaper "that's completely and utterly untrue."
With all this in mind, Pioli and the Chiefs look like a near-perfect pair.
Part of what makes the Chiefs job appealing is strong ownership. The Hunt family long has been loyal to its front-office employees, which is reflected in that former general manager and president Carl Peterson held that position for 20 years. Another aspect is that the new hire has a chance to grow alongside Hunt, who himself is learning about running the franchise.
From a personnel perspective, the Chiefs are expected to be approximately $30 million under the salary cap, a great spot to be in. They are in the midst of a significant rebuilding process and coming off a 2-14 season, so expectations are low, yet they still have some promising young players and own the No. 3 overall selection in the draft.
While questions remain at the most important position on the field - is quarterback Tyler Thigpen accurate enough to be the long-term answer? - the Chiefs are in position for a quick turnaround simply because they play in one of the NFL's worst divisions, the AFC West. So if Pioli is interested in finally stepping out on his own, it doesn't figure to get much better than this.
Time is now of the essence.
While Hunt has conducted a thorough, under-the-radar search, he now should be feeling some urgency to finalize plans because the new hire ultimately will determine the fate of coach Herm Edwards and his staff, many of whom were still in their offices this past Friday for year-end personnel evaluation meetings.
It's a tough spot for a lot of good football men, and Hunt would be doing the Hunt-like, classy thing by finalizing their status before the majority of jobs around the league are filled.
In turn, if Edwards and his assistants are fired by the new general manager, the Chiefs could move quickly to interview some of the top head coaching candidates who have yet to be plucked by other clubs.
Mike Reiss can be reached at mreiss@globe.com (mreiss@globe.com). http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/01/6.jpg

</DIV></DIV>

Chiefster
01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Only time will tell. :D

Chiefster
01-12-2009, 07:39 PM
The best part of that link is this quote!

Eggsactly!

billb40
01-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Chiefs | Pioli closer to joining team?
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 06:32:55 -0800 Mike Reiss (http://www.kffl.com/link/164), of The Boston Globe (http://www.kffl.com/link/200), reports discussions between the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) and New England Patriots (http://www.kffl.com/team/24/nfl) vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli (http://www.kffl.com/player/20980/nfl) have intensified, according to an NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) source. Although negotiations had not begun, word out of Kansas City was that the possibility of Pioli joining the team was picking up momentum. Team chairman Clark Hunt, interim president Denny Thum and Pioli have increased their dialogue and think they could form a strong partnership, which is crucial, because regardless of whom the team hires, that person will have to work closely with Thum.

Copied from the KFFL site. Let us get this thing moving.

yashi
01-13-2009, 12:18 PM
This is long so I didn't want to paste it.

Chiefs go about their business as GM hunt goes on - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/977828.html)

josh1971
01-13-2009, 02:46 PM
I liked this line a LOT:

No matter the general manager, Thum indicated the Chiefs will be more active this year in free-agency.

Good- mix some veterans in with the kids. Maybe that would help with some of the second half woes we had this year. Maybe...

JB

Seek
01-13-2009, 05:04 PM
I liked this line a LOT:

Good- mix some veterans in with the kids. Maybe that would help with some of the second half woes we had this year. Maybe...

JB

Already resigned Engle Martin to a two year deal.

SWEET!!!!!

leaves
01-13-2009, 05:46 PM
THREAD QUESTION OVER, WE BAGGED EM. Espn headline: Pioli with Chiefs & Herm likely out... it's like christmas number two.

Canada
01-13-2009, 11:46 PM
THREAD QUESTION OVER, WE BAGGED EM. Espn headline: Pioli with Chiefs & Herm likely out... it's like christmas number two.
YouTube - Mr. Hanky The Christmas Poo Song