PDA

View Full Version : If Pioli is in, Is Herm out?

okikcfan
01-08-2009, 04:40 PM
So, if Pioli is the new GM, will he or won't he keep Herm Edwards? What do you think?

jerhart
01-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Herm will be done.

josh1971
01-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Unknown- I don't know enough about Piloi to be able to answer with any certainty.

Luckily, it's not up to me.

jb

jerhart
01-08-2009, 04:58 PM
IS Piloi the new GM?

Not yet.
http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=2784506

josh1971
01-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I spotted the other threads right after answering that. My bad.

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 07:12 PM
edwards will be gone..he wants to bring in his own coaching staff..so the rest of herm the germs coaching staff will be gone as well..bout damn time:drunkhb:

Big Daddy Tek
01-08-2009, 10:24 PM
So, if Pioli is the new GM, will he or won't he keep Herm Edwards? What do you think?

If we get Pioli, we will be getting Kirk Ferentz or Josh McDaniels as our head coach. This guy will Fu** us. Thats why I dont want him

jerhart
01-08-2009, 10:25 PM
If we get Pioli, we will be getting Kirk Ferentz or Josh McDaniels as our head coach. This guy will Fu** us. Thats why I dont want him

Ferentz isnt leaving Iowa...his son plays on the team and he said he doesnt want to leave while his son is still there.

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Ferentz isnt leaving Iowa...his son plays on the team and he said he doesnt want to leave while his son is still there.

yeah but jerhart you have to remember this cat thinks he knows everything and no one elses opinion counts...no use getting into this with this guy...he might call you a noob..it's his greatest comeback!:lol: not to mention the fact he loves herm

Big Daddy Tek
01-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Kirk Ferentz had an oppurtunity to say that on the radio yesterday and he did not. Instead he said that he is always looking at the next hurdle in life, like everybody else should be doing.

Obviously not verbatum, but something like that. I've tried to find this so called Ferentz staying in Iowa story and their is not one anywhere. I hope your right, but Im scared your wrong. Ive heard from more than a few people from cleveland say that the Browns didnt hire Pioli for that very reason.

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Kirk Ferentz had an oppurtunity to say that on the radio yesterday and he did not. Instead he said that he is always looking at the next hurdle in life, like everybody else should be doing.

Obviously not verbatum, but something like that. I've tried to find this so called Ferentz staying in Iowa story and their is not one anywhere. I hope your right, but Im scared your wrong. Ive heard from more than a few people from cleveland say that the Browns didnt hire Pioli for that very reason.

ferentz is out dude...just like kokhiz is going to cleveland..gets your facts straight dude

texaschief
01-08-2009, 11:09 PM

Obviously not verbatum, but something like that. I've tried to find this so called Ferentz staying in Iowa story and their is not one anywhere. I hope your right, but Im scared your wrong.

College coaches have such a great history of moving from the NCAA to the pros too!!.... I'm so excited. LMAO. First, we get a chicken sh!t GM who doesn't have the stones to fire the current head coach, and then we get stuck with, not THE BEST coach in college, but a guy like Ferentz who can't even compete for a conference title in a weak conference like the Big 10... awesome. :rolleyes:

jerhart
01-08-2009, 11:11 PM

...on the flip side...where is the article saying he is leaving? ...there isn't one. I'm just looking beyond the game and I see his son was a freshman on the team this year. How often will he have the opportunity to coach his son in college? He has a couple more years to enjoy it. There will always be head coaching jobs out there. That's how I look at it.

texaschief
01-08-2009, 11:11 PM
ferentz is out dude...just like kokhiz is going to cleveland..gets your facts straight dude

Yeah, Tek!!! Didn't you hear the rumor on myspace? Kokonis is signed sealed and delivered to the Browns. :D

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah, Tek!!! Didn't you hear the rumor on myspace? Kokonis is signed sealed and delivered to the Browns. :D

no genius....I saw it on espn that he has an interview come sunday and they announced that he will be the favorite as the new GM on nfl network....magini even said he wants him as the GM there boy genius! He got blocked by the ravens to speak with the browns until after the playoff game...

texaschief
01-08-2009, 11:25 PM
no genius....I saw it on espn that he has an interview come sunday and they announced that he will be the favorite as the new GM on nfl network....magini even said he wants him as the GM there boy genius! He got blocked by the ravens to speak with the browns until after the playoff game...

:lol: Oh, that's right. Since ESPN said he had an interview scheduled, he's automatically hired. Funny. I heard the same exact things when Pioli went to Cleveland. Everyone was SOOO pissed that Hunt would let "all the good candidates" go other places before we invited anyone to interview. Wasn't Pioli supposed to be gone already?

Hell, in fact, according to your thread starter posted only 4 days ago:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6433

We were going to be "waiting weeks" before we get a new GM. Your gullibility is just REALLY freakin funny. I guess when you're "predicting" every possible outcome, it assures you'll be right at least once.

Don't get me wrong though. I love that you believe everything you read and see on TV. It's always good for a chuckle. :D

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 11:28 PM
:lol: Oh, that's right. Since ESPN said he had an interview scheduled, he's automatically hired. Funny. I heard the same exact things when Pioli went to Cleveland. Everyone was SOOO pissed that Hunt would let "all the good candidates" go other places before we invited anyone to interview. Wasn't Pioli supposed to be gone already?

Hell, in fact, according to your thread starter posted only 4 days ago:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6433

We were going to be "waiting weeks" before we get a new GM. Your gullibility is just REALLY freakin funny. I guess when you're "predicting" every possible outcome, it assures you'll be right at least once.

Don't get me wrong though. I love that you believe everything you read and see on TV. It's always good for a chuckle. :D

Idiot all i was doing is showing people the links...i never once said i believe all of the links there Einstein....never once in my posts did i say i believe all the stuff i post..i posted it to keep people informed douche...your man is going to cleveland or staying in baltimore...sorry to say but it's true...oh btw you said espn was a credible source so yeah you can't say it's not legit..you said it yourself about espn

Big Daddy Tek
01-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Idiot all i was doing is showing people the links...i never once said i believe all of the links there Einstein....never once in my posts did i say i believe all the stuff i post..i posted it to keep people informed douche...your man is going to cleveland or staying in baltimore...sorry to say but it's true

Taliking to this guy makes my head hurt

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 11:32 PM
and your man is cuddling with you right now

lmao...wow you really are lame at comebacks dude:lol: There ain't no man around me...But for you i can't say the same...someone with the name BIG DADDY sounds to me more like someone that would love boys! Nice try...btw herm sucks...sure you like him to!:sign0098:

texaschief
01-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Idiot all i was doing is showing people the links...i never once said i believe all of the links there Einstein....never once in my posts did i say i believe all the stuff i post..i posted it to keep people informed douche...your man is going to cleveland or staying in baltimore...sorry to say but it's true...oh btw you said espn was a credible source so yeah you can't say it's not legit..you said it yourself about espn

I love all these personal attacks. :sign0098:

ESPN is a credible source. However, that story wasn't run on ESPN. That was a link to a KC article.

Taliking to this guy makes my head hurt

:lol: This isn't really talking though. This is more laughing than talking... at least on my end. Homeboy is getting all excited over nothing and I can't stop :D while I read this stuff. I love how his proof of football I.Q. is being a "die hard fan since 3." That's the funniest thing I've read in a REALLY long time.

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 11:39 PM

ESPN is a credible source. However, that story wasn't run on ESPN. That was a link to a KC article.

yeah from espn there genius

:lol: This isn't really talking though. This is more laughing than talking... at least on my end. Homeboy is getting all excited over nothing and I can't stop :D while I read this stuff. I love how his proof of football I.Q. is being a "die hard fan since 3." That's the funniest thing I've read in a REALLY long time.

Thanks ...and like i said before...anyone who supports herm edwards had no football IQ...and there was a person that agreed with me!

Big Daddy Tek
01-08-2009, 11:39 PM

:funnypost: :lol: :yahoo: atleast he finally learned how to use the quote system

Chiefstillidie
01-08-2009, 11:40 PM
:funnypost: :lol: :yahoo: atleast he finally learned how to use the quote system

Wow another lame brain 4th grade comeback! lol..keep them coming BIG DADDY!!:funnypost:

texaschief
01-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks ...and like i said before...anyone who supports herm edwards had no football IQ...and there was a person that agreed with me!

... a person, huh? I wonder if Tek would agree with anything I said about you... :funnypost:

Big Daddy Tek
01-08-2009, 11:46 PM
... a person, huh? I wonder if Tek would agree with anything I said about you... :funnypost:

Maybe just a few. OK..... all

Big Daddy Tek
01-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Whats funny is that everytime you ask me something, I back myself up with facts, stats, or reasoning. Your only response this entire night is either "Herm sucks" or your an idiot.'

texaschief
01-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Whats funny is that everytime you ask me something, I back myself up with facts, stats, or reasoning. Your only response this entire night is either "Herm sucks" or your an idiot.'

YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!! You don't know me!!!! :D

Big Daddy Tek
01-08-2009, 11:56 PM
:yahoo:

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 12:12 AM

Facts huh..lol....you mean like you actually thinking herm edwards is gonna be around next year...lmao...and once again herm edwards sucks...6 wins in 2 years...you should be proud! lmao you have no facts or anything..just a bunch of jibberish that i love going back and forth about you with.

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 12:12 AM

i already know your an idiot...and i don't wanna know you...exp a guy from texas!

texaschief
01-09-2009, 01:04 AM
i already know your an idiot...and i don't wanna know you...exp a guy from texas!

:sign0098:

(Insert sig here)

m0ef0e
01-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Way to kill the thread... Just relax little girls. You're all equally pretty and smart and you can all have a pony.

Maybe Clark is reluctant to hire him because Pioli already has his heart set on canning Herm. Clark has openly expressed that he likes Herm and would want him to get a fair shake, at the least. If Pioli seems like he already has his mind made up before even talking with Herm, that may not be sitting well with Clark.

Canada
01-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Way to kill the thread... Just relax little girls. You're all equally pretty and smart and you can all have a pony.

Maybe Clark is reluctant to hire him because Pioli already has his heart set on canning Herm. Clark has openly expressed that he likes Herm and would want him to get a fair shake, at the least. If Pioli seems like he already has his mind made up before even talking with Herm, that may not be sitting well with Clark.

:lol: Settle it over some cosmos and a pillow fight!! :lol:

greg3564
01-09-2009, 04:59 PM

Them are fighting words! People are just jealous that they can't all live in the best state in the nation.

Chiefstillidie
01-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Them are fighting words! People are just jealous that they can't all live in the best state in the nation.

sorry that didn't refer to you just the person i was chatting withon here last night.

hardcorechiefsfan
01-09-2009, 11:01 PM
You all totally amused me. You are just like babies fighting over a toy

About that Ferentz(sp?)guy. There is telephones, television, etc so he has no reason to stay in Iowa. Ferentz just didnt want to HC for KC chiefs.

The Cowboys old HC who used to do the halftime show, while he was still HC for CB's his son was going to Missouri Southern in Joplin, Missouri.

Like duh.

Hayvern
01-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Too everyone thinking there is something interesting in this thread:

Move along, there is nothing to see here!

Coach
01-10-2009, 01:36 PM

lmao...wow you really are lame at comebacks dude:lol: There ain't no man around me...But for you i can't say the same...someone with the name BIG DADDY sounds to me more like someone that would love boys! Nice try...btw herm sucks...sure you like him to!:sign0098:

Wow another lame brain 4th grade comeback! lol..keep them coming BIG DADDY!!:funnypost:

Facts huh..lol....you mean like you actually thinking herm edwards is gonna be around next year...lmao...and once again herm edwards sucks...6 wins in 2 years...you should be proud! lmao you have no facts or anything..just a bunch of jibberish that i love going back and forth about you with.

OK, I just found these posts. Does anyone else see anything wrong with them? Every one of them break the rules of the board. If you run into posts like these, please report them to me or another mod.

This kind of crap will not be tolrated, I don't care who it is.

Chiefstillidie, you are done. Go somewhere else and grow up.

windwalker
01-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Best news since CP quit!!!

Canada
01-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Best news since CP quit!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

tornadospotter
01-11-2009, 12:07 PM
:11: Can't we all just get along?:D

YouTube - "Elephant and Dog Prove Best Friends " Too Sweet for Words;Just LOVE

TheLombardiTrophy
01-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Herm is absolutely headed out. No one can expect Pioli to keep him around. Pioli has to bring in his own guy.

jerhart
01-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Herm will be out by tomorrow.

Does Oakland still need a HC? :)

Coach
01-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't assume that Herm is gone. Stranger things have happened.

jerhart
01-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't assume that Herm is gone. Stranger things have happened.

Oh I'm not assuming...I KNOW.

Herm will be out by tomorrow! :yahoo:

theaxeeffect4311
01-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Herm will be out by tomorrow.

Does Oakland still need a HC? :)

I believe Oakland are going to have 5 head coaches, plus be the first team to have a head coach who is also a player. So yes, Herm would be chosen to be the inspirational/losing coach.

At least that is my guess. Who knows what Al Davis will be doing this off-season. But I also agree that Herm will either resign or be fired soon, especially now that the Giants are no longer in the playoffs.

okikcfan
01-14-2009, 03:54 AM
:bananen_smilies046: The decision to hire Pioli likely means Herm Edwards will not be back as Chiefs head coach next season. Among the top candidates to succeed Edwards is New York Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyg) defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Bill Williamson that Edwards sent his assistant coaching staff home to await word on the future in light of the Pioli hiring news. :yahoo:

yashi
01-14-2009, 07:51 AM
What I'm reading is that Schwartz and Ferentz are unlikely to be the next head coach. As it turns out, Schwartz and Pioli didn't get along in Cleveland, and Ferentz wants to stay at Iowa because they won their first bowl game in years.

Looks like Spagnuolo jumps to the top of the list.

There will be stiff competition if need arises for new Chiefs coach - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/980107.html)

ProFootballTalk.com - DON’T COUNT ON SCHWARTZ-PIOLI PAIRING (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/13/dont-count-on-schwartz-pioli-pairing/)

127markaz
01-14-2009, 08:34 AM
The decision to hire Pioli likely means Herm Edwards will not be back as Chiefs head coach next season. Among the top candidates to succeed Edwards is New York Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyg) defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Bill Williamson that Edwards sent his assistant coaching staff home to await word on the future in light of the Pioli hiring news.

The first good decision Herm's made since arriving in KC.

PodolakFan
01-14-2009, 10:07 AM
What I'm reading is that Schwartz and Ferentz are unlikely to be the next head coach. As it turns out, Schwartz and Pioli didn't get along in Cleveland, and Ferentz wants to stay at Iowa because they won their first bowl game in years.

Looks like Spagnuolo jumps to the top of the list.

There will be stiff competition if need arises for new Chiefs coach - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/980107.html)

ProFootballTalk.com - DON’T COUNT ON SCHWARTZ-PIOLI PAIRING (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/13/dont-count-on-schwartz-pioli-pairing/)

Um, Iowa has one plenty of bowl games recently so I'm not sure where you got that. But anyway, I still don't think Ferentz will leave Iowa.

chiefnut
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I do think herm is out, unless clark made a request for a one year stay of execution for him. however i seriouly doubt he would have taken the job w/such a stipulation. i still think the best available person for coach is bill cower but i don't know if he can be had yet.

hometeam
01-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Though they constantly tease Cowher on FOX NFL Sunday he has said multiple times he wont be back this year. I dont blame him, had you ever seen him smile before he was part of the media!! haha

jap1
01-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Though they constantly tease Cowher on FOX NFL Sunday he has said multiple times he wont be back this year. I dont blame him, had you ever seen him smile before he was part of the media!! haha

Yeah ... when he won the superbowl. If they bring him in here I hope it is to make him smile at the end of every season!

tornadospotter
01-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Um, Iowa has one plenty of bowl games recently so I'm not sure where you got that. But anyway, I still don't think Ferentz will leave Iowa.
Iowa Hawkeyes football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Hawkeyes_Football)

Ed Podolak was one of my favorite players when I was a young Chief Fan!

Bike
01-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Sounds like we're goin' after Spamoli anyway...

Big Daddy Tek
01-14-2009, 03:28 PM

Who? Yeah, Kirk Ferentz, the head coach of Iowa with a career record of 82-74. The ex-head coach of Main, who was fired after his third year with a 12-21 record. His only pro experience was as an offensive line coach for Bill Belichik in the mid-ninety‘s. That was before he went to Iowa. His first three years at Iowa, he went 11-24, which was worse than he did at Main. By the grace of god, he wasn’t fired. His next three years were surprisingly better. Iowa won its conference twice and made a BCS bowl game. That is about the gist of the positives. In the past 3 years, he has only had one winning season. Is that who you want as your head coach?

nigeriannightmare
01-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Who? Yeah, Kirk Ferentz, the head coach of Iowa with a career record of 82-74. The ex-head coach of Main, who was fired after his third year with a 12-21 record. His only pro experience was as an offensive line coach for Bill Belichik in the mid-ninety‘s. That was before he went to Iowa. His first three years at Iowa, he went 11-24, which was worse than he did at Main. By the grace of god, he wasn’t fired. His next three years were surprisingly better. Iowa won its conference twice and made a BCS bowl game. That is about the gist of the positives. In the past 3 years, he has only had one winning season. Is that who you want as your head coach?

That 82-74 reocrd is better than Herm's.

Big Daddy Tek
01-14-2009, 06:58 PM
That 82-74 reocrd is better than Herm's.

I dont think we should start comparing college records to pro records. Do you?

nigeriannightmare
01-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I dont think we should start comparing college records to pro records. Do you?

You were the one that said his record was 82-74 and I was simply saying that is better than Herm's.

jerhart
01-16-2009, 09:24 AM
You were the one that said his record was 82-74 and I was simply saying that is better than Herm's.

HAHA...NICE! :lol: