PDA

View Full Version : Man Denies Shooting Bronco Darrent Williams

Sweets
07-19-2007, 01:18 PM
A man considered a person of interest in the shooting death of Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams wrote a letter in state prison saying he did not kill Williams, a federal agent testified Wednesday. Willie DeWayne Clark, 24, wrote to another inmate saying authorities had asked him about Williams' slaying "but I didn't do it," Special Federal Officer Robert Fuller said during a hearing in an unrelated drug case against Clark. Williams, 24, a former Oklahoma State University standout, died from a gunshot wound in the neck as he and others were riding away from a New Year's Eve party at a Denver nightclub. Two other people with Williams in the stretch Hummer limousine were injured.
Source: Associated Press (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940788)

Chiefster
07-19-2007, 02:25 PM
A man considered a person of interest in the shooting death of Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams wrote a letter in state prison saying he did not kill Williams, a federal agent testified Wednesday. Willie DeWayne Clark, 24, wrote to another inmate saying authorities had asked him about Williams' slaying "but I didn't do it," Special Federal Officer Robert Fuller said during a hearing in an unrelated drug case against Clark. Williams, 24, a former Oklahoma State University standout, died from a gunshot wound in the neck as he and others were riding away from a New Year's Eve party at a Denver nightclub. Two other people with Williams in the stretch Hummer limousine were injured.
Source: Associated Press (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940788)

Of course not; they're all innocent there.

chief31
07-19-2007, 09:22 PM
I know that if they were to ask me, I'd tell them "I didn't do it." But then, I imagine they'd find a way to throw me in prison, anyway.

It is a shame, what happened to Williams. He was a talented young guy.

Chiefster
07-19-2007, 10:11 PM
I know that if they were to ask me, I'd tell them "I didn't do it." But then, I imagine they'd find a way to throw me in prison, anyway.

It is a shame, what happened to Williams. He was a talented young guy.

I don't know where they get the idea that they are somehow above the law.