PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

Chief Badass
01-10-2009, 12:41 AM
I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

Coach
01-10-2009, 12:43 AM
I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

How funny would it be to see Shanahan strolling the sidelines in Red and White for the Chiefs. Hard to picture. Thanks for sharing the rumor though.

Chief Badass
01-10-2009, 12:47 AM
it makes perfect sense too. Mike loves to stick it to his former team, and i think he would jump at this opprtunity

texaschief
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Who is he contacting? Who is he talking to? As of right now, we have a head coach. We don't have a GM and our owner won't make head coaching decision without a GM and coincidentally likes the current HC.

I'm sorry, this just sounds bogus.

I will say this though. Shanahan doesn't get paid if he doesn't go out in search of new employment.

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 12:51 AM
...Holding my enthusiasm, or perhaps lack thereof, untill I hear it in the news.

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Who is he contacting? Who is he talking to? As of right now, we have a head coach. We don't have a GM and our owner won't make head coaching decision without a GM and coincidentally likes the current HC.

I will say this though. Shanahan doesn't get paid if he doesn't go out in search of new employment.

I'm inclined to agree; way too early to be talking a bout a Head Coach. JMHO

Bike
01-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Seems to me Clark wants Herm to stay - or he'd be gone for the new gm to bring in his own staff...

Chief Badass
01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
i said it might be bogus. i know we still technically have a coach and it might not be true, but i have good sources and from what i hear Mike is in contact with our front office and is a strong possibility to be our coach if the money and terms are right.

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Seems to me Clark wants Herm to stay - or he'd be gone for the new gm to bring in his own staff...

I think that will happen once we settle on a new GM.

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 01:01 AM
i said it might be bogus. i know we still technically have a coach and it might not be true, but i have good sources and from what i hear Mike is in contact with our front office and is a strong possibility to be our coach if the money and terms are right.

Not calling you a liar bud, just taking the news with a grain of salt. :)

Bike
01-10-2009, 01:05 AM
I think that will happen once we settle on a new GM.
Yeah but not sure why Clark didn't release Herm after the season unless he has plans to keep him. To keep Herm dangling on a string like that seems almost cruel and unusual punishment. I think Herm is staying.:toast2:

texaschief
01-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Yeah but not sure why Clark didn't release Herm after the season unless he has plans to keep him. To keep Herm dangling on a string like that seems almost cruel and unusual punishment. I think Herm is staying.:toast2:

I'd tend to agree. I think Hunt has enough respect for Herm to release him as soon as the season were over if he intended on releasing him.

I do think Herm is the right guy to rebuild this franchise. Just like Schott was the right guy to do it in the 90's here and the 00's in San Diego. I'm just not sure he can go to the Super Bowl. I haven't seen him coach a REAL team. Most of his teams have been decimated by injuries. I don't think he's had enough around him during his career as a coach to get a good read on what he can do with a real team.

The thing about retaining Herm this year though, is that this team is going to show some dramatic improvement next season and if they happen to make the playoffs in this weak division, it could be grounds for another multi-year contract. So, it's a tough situation.

Bike
01-10-2009, 01:25 AM
I'd tend to agree. I think Hunt has enough respect for Herm to release him as soon as the season were over if he intended on releasing him.

I do think Herm is the right guy to rebuild this franchise. Just like Schott was the right guy to do it in the 90's here and the 00's in San Diego. I'm just not sure he can go to the Super Bowl. I haven't seen him coach a REAL team. Most of his teams have been decimated by injuries. I don't think he's had enough around him during his career as a coach to get a good read on what he can do with a real team.

The thing about retaining Herm this year though, is that this team is going to show some dramatic improvement next season and if they happen to make the playoffs in this weak division, it could be grounds for another multi-year contract. So, it's a tough situation.
And if this is the case then this could be THE reason we don't have our new GM hired yet. Seems strange to fire a 20 year GM and retain a 3 year HC that that same GM brought in. I'm beginning to think that Carl bowed out on his own...

texaschief
01-10-2009, 01:32 AM
And if this is the case then this could be THE reason we don't have our new GM hired yet. Seems strange to fire a 20 year GM and retain a 3 year HC that that same GM brought in. I'm beginning to think that Carl bowed out on his own...

Hey, maybe Hunt gives Herm GM duties if he can't find the right candidate or just goes Jerry Jones on us for a couple years and becomes the GM himself. (I highly doubt that though).

Herm Edwards WAS asked at his season wrap-up interview about becoming a GM and he said that could be in his future. He had a sly little smirk on his face when he said, "I've been trained by one of the best."

This little exchange has stuck in my head. Maybe its nothing, but for some reason, it's something I can't forget.

Guru
01-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Hey, maybe Hunt gives Herm GM duties if he can't find the right candidate or just goes Jerry Jones on us for a couple years and becomes the GM himself. (I highly doubt that though).

Herm Edwards WAS asked at his season wrap-up interview about becoming a GM and he said that could be in his future. He had a sly little smirk on his face when he said, "I've been trained by one of the best."

This little exchange has stuck in my head. Maybe its nothing, but for some reason, it's something I can't forget.
If that happens, shoot me now.

Bike
01-10-2009, 01:40 AM

Oh no! Clark is just putting on this search for a new GM show for the fans benefit and all along Herm is the man? Say it can't happen!?

Three7s
01-10-2009, 05:09 AM
If it's true then awesome, and if it's not then no problem with me. Shanahan is a proven winner, but he does have his flaws, such as no knowledge of defense at all. I would like him because I feel like if we got him, we'd get that spark during division rivalry games that we had back when Mary coached us.

Coach
01-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Edited thread. Stay on topic.

Canada
01-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Edited thread. Stay on topic.

Yes boss!!:imagestore (13):

Pro_Angler
01-10-2009, 10:49 AM
this guy is a farse. If you dont have a source that is reputable that you can link us to , then feel free not to post.Ok.TYVM!!!!!!!!!

Canada
01-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey guys. Chech your ego at the door. This is not the ESPN newsroom. The guy posted something he heard and was wondering peoples opinions on it. Get over yourself. No wonder the guy only reads and does not post here. He said right in his own post that he doubted it was true. Learn to read before you go off on someone.

Hayvern
01-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey guys. Chech your ego at the door. This is not the ESPN newsroom. The guy posted something he heard and was wondering peoples opinions on it. Get over yourself. No wonder the guy only reads and does not post here. He said right in his own post that he doubted it was true. Learn to read before you go off on someone.

Positive Rep to Canada for saying what I was thinking when reading this thread.

Coach
01-10-2009, 01:24 PM
this guy is a farse. If you dont have a source that is reputable that you can link us to , then feel free not to post.Ok.TYVM!!!!!!!!!
Give me a break. If these are the kind of posts that you are going to share, then I'd prefer you to not post.

Thank you Canada. Arrowcash for that kind of response.

m0ef0e
01-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info, CB.

Personally, I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of Shanahan tho. We need to fix our defense and I just don't think he's the right guy for that job. Remember, on reason why he got canned is he wanted to keep the d-coord that he had in Denver and I definitely don't want him bringing that guy in here.

slc chief
01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
pioli would make an awesome general manager and shanahan a great coach sounds almost to good to be true

Coach
01-10-2009, 01:52 PM
pioli would make an awesome general manager and shanahan a great coach sounds almost to good to be true

I think there would be about 30 teams in the nfl that would die for that siuation.

Chief Longhorn
01-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I for one would like to see a Shannahan GM calling the shots installing a zone blocking scheme with LJ. I know he has ties to the longhorns through Kyle Shannahan, and if we could get Will Muschamp to run the D that would be excellent. :bananen_smilies046:

slc chief
01-10-2009, 07:02 PM
I for one would like to see a Shannahan GM calling the shots installing a zone blocking scheme with LJ. I know he has ties to the longhorns through Kyle Shannahan, and if we could get Will Muschamp to run the D that would be excellent. :bananen_smilies046:
there is no way i would want him as a gm head coach yes gm hell no

hometeam
01-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I heard that he kept the D coord so that he would be fired, not that he was fired unexpectedly becuase he wouldnt let the DC go. Though, I wouldnt mind seeing Shanahan in KC, just look at his record, not only that, I would love for KC to stick it to the broncs~

balto
01-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the post.

Anyways,

Maybe JUST Maybe Hunt is taking so much time to announce a new GM because he is trying to get ALL his eggs in a row?

Like he wants to announce about our new GM, HC, OC, and DC and so on all at once?

Also, the Rumor that came up earlier in the week (from the guy who use to be high up in the Chiefs) about Pioli being our new GM also talked about how Shanahan has contacted the Chiefs but he didn't know in detail what it was about.

SOOO maybe Clark Hunt is just doing everything and only wants to have 1 big press conference instead of having one every time something happens?

Would be sweet to get all these guys and hear about it at the same time hehe.

Chiefster
01-10-2009, 09:59 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Coach
01-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the post.

Anyways,

Maybe JUST Maybe Hunt is taking so much time to announce a new GM because he is trying to get ALL his eggs in a row?

Like he wants to announce about our new GM, HC, OC, and DC and so on all at once?

Also, the Rumor that came up earlier in the week (from the guy who use to be high up in the Chiefs) about Pioli being our new GM also talked about how Shanahan has contacted the Chiefs but he didn't know in detail what it was about.

SOOO maybe Clark Hunt is just doing everything and only wants to have 1 big press conference instead of having one every time something happens?

Would be sweet to get all these guys and hear about it at the same time hehe.

That would be nice. I think all Chiefs fans want some closure.

debearzz
01-10-2009, 10:46 PM
I would agree to having shanahan as head coach. I think that Rex Ryan would also be a good candidate. He could fix our struggling defense while letting Chan Gailey do his thing on offense.

drstandley31
01-11-2009, 12:17 PM
That would be the final nail in the Chiefs coffin. A lame duck coach with an ego the size of Kansas.... ur wait, we already have that. No, without an Elway, big Mike's nothing, and that's been proven. He didn't change with the game and that explains the last several donkey years. And he's no better, maybe worse at picking talent than what we have now. Hell, he thought all the Cleveland castoffs were the way to rebuild his defense. Can't cut it in f'ing Cleveland, but they can be super stars under him. No, he's no match for us. We've got no Elway on this team.

jmlamerson
01-11-2009, 02:08 PM
That would be the final nail in the Chiefs coffin. A lame duck coach with an ego the size of Kansas.... ur wait, we already have that. No, without an Elway, big Mike's nothing, and that's been proven. He didn't change with the game and that explains the last several donkey years. And he's no better, maybe worse at picking talent than what we have now. Hell, he thought all the Cleveland castoffs were the way to rebuild his defense. Can't cut it in f'ing Cleveland, but they can be super stars under him. No, he's no match for us. We've got no Elway on this team.

I posted this elsewhere, but I think you're dismissing Shanahan's post-Elway years a bit. He was in the AFC Championship game with Jake Plummer as his QB. He went 91-69 (.569%) post-Elway. He groomed Jay Cutler into a very good QB and the Broncos have a good young offense. His defense was a mess, and he made mistakes as a GM, but his good outweighed his bad. The Broncos have a lot of good, young talent on the team right now, and they are in a better position than us, frankly, in a personnel capacity.

The Chiefs would be lucky to get him as HC, if we can get a good GM elsewhere. It would be nice to have a HC who would coach balls out in both the Raiders and Broncos games.

greg3564
01-11-2009, 04:23 PM

Final nail in the coffin? Really? Shanahan has a winning record of .598 over 16 years, 2 Superbowl Championships, 13 playoff appearances(.615 winning percentage) and has had only 4 losing seasons out of 16. I would take him over Herm or any of the other possible Head Coaches right now. I think as a pure Head Coach, with the new GM, he'd be a great asset here.

drstandley31
01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Final nail in the coffin? Really? Shanahan has a winning record of .598 over 16 years, 2 Superbowl Championships, 13 playoff appearances(.615 winning percentage) and has had only 4 losing seasons out of 16. I would take him over Herm or any of the other possible Head Coaches right now. I think as a pure Head Coach, with the new GM, he'd be a great asset here.
He hasn't done anything since Elway left. Period. He's made awful decisions in drafts and free agency. He had everything he wanted in Denver, all the control any coach ever could, and ran them into the ground. There are plenty of coaches that I'd take over him. He needs to take a year or two off and watch modern day football for a while. Coffin, yes, really!

drstandley31
01-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I posted this elsewhere, but I think you're dismissing Shanahan's post-Elway years a bit. He was in the AFC Championship game with Jake Plummer as his QB. He went 91-69 (.569%) post-Elway. He groomed Jay Cutler into a very good QB and the Broncos have a good young offense. His defense was a mess, and he made mistakes as a GM, but his good outweighed his bad. The Broncos have a lot of good, young talent on the team right now, and they are in a better position than us, frankly, in a personnel capacity.

The Chiefs would be lucky to get him as HC, if we can get a good GM elsewhere. It would be nice to have a HC who would coach balls out in both the Raiders and Broncos games.

You're crazy. This is the guy who thought the same running scheme would work forever and couldn't figure out that everybody figured it out. Wasted draft picks and free agent money. missed the playoffs a few years ago because he couldn't beat a hapless San Fran team at home on the final day of the season. had a 3 game lead with 3 to go this year and he's watching from home today too. He's not much better than what we got now. 10 years ago, he was a good coach. Now he's just a lot of ego and little talent. We'll just have to disagree. And I'm tired of all his little BS tricks. Didn't pack the right uniforms so the the home team had to change. Started that Time out BS from the sidelines during field goal attempts. Just play the game and leave the stupid $hit at home. Makes the game look stupid.

chiefnut
01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
first let me say :D hi! i'm a first timer here, lookin forward to readin yur take on things.
shanahan is most certainly a step up from herm, but still not good enuf to lead us out of the mire we're in. my wife is a big jets fan so i watched herm in action alot w/the jets..he made bad decisions then and never got better. my hope is that we can lure cower over, unfortunately we had a better shot w/CP at gm, they go back a long way together.

drstandley31
01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
first let me say :D hi! i'm a first timer here, lookin forward to readin yur take on things.
shanahan is most certainly a step up from herm, but still not good enuf to lead us out of the mire we're in. my wife is a big jets fan so i watched herm in action alot w/the jets..he made bad decisions then and never got better. my hope is that we can lure cower over, unfortunately we had a better shot w/CP at gm, they go back a long way together.
With CP as GM we have had a shot at anything for years! And Shanahan isn't much of a step up. His post Elway resume is pretty much the same as Herm's pre Chief's resume. They both blow and it's time for some new faces. If this year or next Cowher can be lured over, then great, but there's other good ones out there. Hell, I'd take Chan over Herm or Shanahan.

drstandley31
01-11-2009, 07:20 PM
With CP as GM we have had a shot at anything for years! And Shanahan isn't much of a step up. His post Elway resume is pretty much the same as Herm's pre Chief's resume. They both blow and it's time for some new faces. If this year or next Cowher can be lured over, then great, but there's other good ones out there. Hell, I'd take Chan over Herm or Shanahan.
OOps, meant to say We haven't had a shot at anything for years. Martini's kicking in. :toast2:

chiefnut
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
please don't misunderstand, i believe both carl & herm need to go but if we wanted to get cower, we had a better chance w/carl still there. if we don't get paioli i would not be opposed to marty at gm w/cower as coach.

josh1971
01-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Except that Cowher has already stated he's not coaching in 2009, and I thought the Marty/Cowher thing had already been ruled out.

jb

Polleo Pit Man
01-12-2009, 01:33 AM
We would be lucky to get anyone worth a shart at this time! I think Shanahan would kick arse! How many games has herm won us? 7 8 ya whatever....

drstandley31
01-12-2009, 09:05 AM
We would be lucky to get anyone worth a shart at this time! I think Shanahan would kick arse! How many games has herm won us? 7 8 ya whatever....
He's won us 15.... and lost us 33. unless you count pre-season, then he's lost us 44, oh and let's don't forget our one post season game, the one where we couldn't get a first down until half way through the 3rd quarter. I think that's about 45 losses in some manner or other. But I don't want Denver's recycled garbage either. F that! If he'd kick "arse" here, why couldn't he do it in Denver the past 4 or 5 years where he had total control to do anything he wanted to do. No Thanks!

jtandcrew
01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Personall, I dont think its that far fetched an idea that Clark might be talking with other HC's. Look at it this way. If your the owner (chairman) of a NFL team and your current HC's record has declined every year and someone with a proven track record calls you or becomes available why wouldnt you entertain the idea? I know I would. Why did Gunther get fired after 1 season as a HC? Because Carl's good friend Vermiel was becoming available. Im sure if I thought about it harder I could come up with other examples. I think it would be entirely possible for Shannahan to come to the Chiefs. He's a AFC wester for life! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
01-12-2009, 09:56 AM
...except for when he was the OC for the 49ers :)

balto
01-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Maybe instead of Marty doing a Parcells type of role Shanahan will be? He was the GM for Denver as well.

BUT this is probably wrong because I'm guessing Pioli would not want a person coming in to act like a Parcells type of person.

drstandley31
01-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Maybe instead of Marty doing a Parcells type of role Shanahan will be? He was the GM for Denver as well.

BUT this is probably wrong because I'm guessing Pioli would not want a person coming in to act like a Parcells type of person.
????????????????

Seek
01-12-2009, 12:38 PM

Maybe they are consulting Carl Peterson. "What ever that is."

Bike
01-12-2009, 01:10 PM
????????????????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coach
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Today on Sirius NFL Radio, Marty Schottenheimer said that "Mike Shanahan is the finest coach that I have ever faced in the NFL". Marty was mancrushing on Shanahan in a big way. He basically said that Denver is a much weaker team with McDaniels at coach vs Shanahan. He didn't mix words.

Just thought some of you Marty fans might find that interesting.

balto
01-12-2009, 11:33 PM
lol why the ??????????????

It has been rumored that Marty was talking to the Chiefs about playing a role for the Chiefs like Parcells is in Miami.

I was just stating that MAYBE just MAYBE Shanahan might be talking to the Chiefs about doing something like that for the Chiefs.

Not sure why its soooooo funny.

Bike
01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
lol why the ??????????????

It has been rumored that Marty was talking to the Chiefs about playing a role for the Chiefs like Parcells is in Miami.

I was just stating that MAYBE just MAYBE Shanahan might be talking to the Chiefs about doing something like that for the Chiefs.

Not sure why its soooooo funny.
Clark aint gonna pay 2 people to do one job. He is already splitting Gm/CEO duties as it is. If we land Pioli it is because Clark believes he is the future of this franchise and that he can have a cohesive working relationship with existing management (Thum and Herm).
I don't see Shannahan in the picture unless Pioli talks Clark into bringing him in as HC. But Clark wants Herm here so that leaves Shannahan out...
Rest assured Pioli won't sign here with a "Parcels" looking over his shoulder.

balto
01-13-2009, 07:19 AM
I agree,

THATS WHY I SAID IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!

Just so many rumors floating around I thought I would just post one that I have read about.

There where TONS of rumors about Marty coming in to help Clark out "like Parcells in Miami". I was just throwing another possibility out there, because the rumor about Pioli signing also stated that Shanahan had been in talks with Pioli as well.

But ya I agree (like I said in my first post) no way Pioli would want another guy deciding on things.

Bike
01-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I agree,

THATS WHY I SAID IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!

Just so many rumors floating around I thought I would just post one that I have read about.

There where TONS of rumors about Marty coming in to help Clark out "like Parcells in Miami". I was just throwing another possibility out there, because the rumor about Pioli signing also stated that Shanahan had been in talks with Pioli as well.

But ya I agree (like I said in my first post) no way Pioli would want another guy deciding on things.
Ahhh - OK.

Chief Longhorn
01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
This is starting to look good

theaxeeffect4311
01-19-2009, 10:05 PM
It would be smart of Pioli to hire a veteran coach like Shanahan. Shanahan knows what it takes to be a head coach and knows how to win. Basically then Pioli can take credit for turning the team around when Shanahan could be playing a big part. But he is the guy who would be hiring Shanahan, so I wouldn't care if he took the credit.

okikcfan
01-20-2009, 01:34 AM
It really kinda bugs me that nothing is being said. none of the coaches knows if they are getting fired or not getting fire. They just like us have heard nothing. I know he has a plan and I know some things are not said for a reason but jeeeez, not knowing one way or the other must be killing them. It's getting very close to the senior bowl, all th GM's and HC's will be there...Will herm? :drunkhb:

KCCAT21
01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Clark aint gonna pay 2 people to do one job. He is already splitting Gm/CEO duties as it is. If we land Pioli it is because Clark believes he is the future of this franchise and that he can have a cohesive working relationship with existing management (Thum and Herm).
I don't see Shannahan in the picture unless Pioli talks Clark into bringing him in as HC. But Clark wants Herm here so that leaves Shannahan out...
Rest assured Pioli won't sign here with a "Parcels" looking over his shoulder.

Bike is right. No way Marty is coming in to dowhat Parcels did in Miami. I have mixed emotions on Shanhan, but one thing is for sure, he has proven if you give him talent he will win. Just not sure if he can handle not being in charge of everything.

OTR Chiefs fan
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
It would be smart of Pioli to hire a veteran coach like Shanahan. Shanahan knows what it takes to be a head coach and knows how to win. Basically then Pioli can take credit for turning the team around when Shanahan could be playing a big part. But he is the guy who would be hiring Shanahan, so I wouldn't care if he took the credit.

I agree it would be smart to hire Shanahan. We need a veteran coach to handle this young team, not a 1st timer HC. But, the longer it takes for Pioli to make a decision on Herm leads me to believe that Herm will be back next season. :D

greg3564
01-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Bike is right. No way Marty is coming in to dowhat Parcels did in Miami. I have mixed emotions on Shanhan, but one thing is for sure, he has proven if you give him talent he will win. Just not sure if he can handle not being in charge of everything.

Which is why he'd be a good choice. Let the man coach. Holmgren is the same way, good coach but add in the GM's duties, and not so good. I think the days of Head Coach/GM are coming to an end, as it just doesn't work so well most of the time.

drstandley31
01-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Which is why he'd be a good choice. Let the man coach. Holmgren is the same way, good coach but add in the GM's duties, and not so good. I think the days of Head Coach/GM are coming to an end, as it just doesn't work so well most of the time.
Honestly, ya think that's the best we can do, freak'n Denver's garbage. No F'n way. Recycled crap. Elway won, not this jacka$$. Can't park that ego long enough to coach, and we already got one of those guys. I doubt Poili's gonna want to put up with that power crazed nut case. No thanks.

Coach
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
At this point, I'm confident that we're getting a new coach. But I very highly doubt it will be shanahan.

Chiefster
01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Today on Sirius NFL Radio, Marty Schottenheimer said that "Mike Shanahan is the finest coach that I have ever faced in the NFL". Marty was mancrushing on Shanahan in a big way. He basically said that Denver is a much weaker team with McDaniels at coach vs Shanahan. He didn't mix words.

Just thought some of you Marty fans might find that interesting.

Marty must be on Mikes payroll. :lol:
j/k

Chiefster
01-20-2009, 10:07 PM
At this point, I'm confident that we're getting a new coach. But I very highly doubt it will be shanahan.

I wished that Cowher was interested.

tornadospotter
01-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I wished that Cowher was interested.
I read a rumor that Cowher bought a house in KC. :D

Chiefster
01-20-2009, 10:56 PM

:lol::lol:

texaschief
01-20-2009, 11:04 PM

I heard Parcells' daughter just moved to KC also. Could be somethin to that!!