PDA

View Full Version : a defensive end worth drafting{paul kruger}

slc chief
01-12-2009, 06:01 PM
not alot of you know who he is but he is an awesome football player that is leaving utah a little to early. so he is projected to be a third round pick.he reminds me of jared allan minus the attitude.he has a high revd motor and gives every play every thing he has

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/01/8.jpg Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
Projected Round (2009): 3.
Coming off a national championship victory over Alabama, Paul Kruger has decided to declare for the 2009 NFL Draft as a mere redshirt sophomore. Though he could stay in school until he's 2011, I really don't have a problem with this; chances are, his stock will never be higher than it is now. Then again, he could continue to get better and eventually increase his stock enough that he becomes first-round material.

slc chief
01-12-2009, 06:05 PM
oh here are his stats he actually had 8 sacks and they forgot about a pick as well

SALT LAKE CITY – Utah defensive end Paul Kruger is entering the 2009 NFL draft.
The sophomore had a team-high 7.5 sacks and added 61 tackles for the Utes (13-0), who finished the season No. 2 in The Associated Press poll.
In a statement issued through the university on Monday, Kruger says the decision to forgo his final two years of college eligibility is one of the hardest he's had to make.
The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Kruger is in Florida preparing for the NFL combine.

Coach
01-12-2009, 10:52 PM
YouTube - Utah Utes Football: DE Paul Kruger

tornadospotter
01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
I like him, what a cool last name. We could call him Nitemare from Arrowhead drive!

Bike
01-12-2009, 11:28 PM
I wonder if he'll be around when we pick 3rd round?

Nel Toille
01-13-2009, 01:11 AM
It's hard to find highlights of this guy. If we want to find an answer at DE in the draft, I would do it in the first round. There will be some talented guys there.
If we want a pure pass-rushing DE then I say we go after Everette Brown: YouTube - FSU DE Everette Brown Highlights one of the fastest and most explosive ends out there and he has great technique. He's a little small though and could have trouble with more athletic tackles.
If we want a bigger, more complete end then we take Tyson Jackson: YouTube - DE Tyson Jackson Highlights LSU vs UF/SC 2008
He's not quite as quick and agile once he gets in the backfield as Everette but he's a brick, doesn't get pushed around and shreds through double teams like they are nothing. I remember this guy taking a lot of attention away from Dorsey toward the end of last season.
I would also throw Brian Orakpo into the conversation but I haven't seen enough of him yet. His highlights look pretty impressive but he's from Texas and he's injury prone which means he could be a huge flop in the NFL.

brish
01-13-2009, 02:18 AM
not alot of you know who he is but he is an awesome football player that is leaving utah a little to early. so he is projected to be a third round pick.he reminds me of jared allan minus the attitude.he has a high revd motor and gives every play every thing he has

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/01/8.jpg Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
Projected Round (2009): 3.
Coming off a national championship victory over Alabama, Paul Kruger has decided to declare for the 2009 NFL Draft as a mere redshirt sophomore. Though he could stay in school until he's 2011, I really don't have a problem with this; chances are, his stock will never be higher than it is now. Then again, he could continue to get better and eventually increase his stock enough that he becomes first-round material.

Get him! :)

theaxeeffect4311
01-13-2009, 03:00 AM
I like the idea of adding a DE in the third. I think the Chiefs will actually fix the DE position in FA, but you can never have enough good DEs. As long as the Chiefs have properly drafted the enough O-line players, this will look like a smart choice on top of that.

texaschief
01-13-2009, 03:11 AM
If you really want to get a steal during the draft on the defensive side of the ball, look at this kid at MLB:

http://www.wacotrib.com/baylor/content/sports/college/2008/09/19/09192008wacjoepawelek.html

texaschief
01-13-2009, 03:13 AM
my bad... he's a junior. he won't be out till 2010 probably.

hometeam
01-13-2009, 09:11 AM
I seem to remember we used to have an NFL top 3 DE that we got in the fourth round.. my memory is fuzzy though.. wonder what ever happened to that guy..

yashi
01-13-2009, 09:28 AM
I was starting to gain interest in this guy after reading this post, but when I went to look up his stats I saw that 4 of his 7 sacks came in a blowout win against a Utah State team that only won 3 games this year. I admit I haven't seen him play, but I hate to use a 3rd round pick on a guy like this when we could possibly get Shonn Greene there.

slc chief
01-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I was starting to gain interest in this guy after reading this post, but when I went to look up his stats I saw that 4 of his 7 sacks came in a blowout win against a Utah State team that only won 3 games this year. I admit I haven't seen him play, but I hate to use a 3rd round pick on a guy like this when we could possibly get Shonn Greene there.

i guess you did not watch the sugar bowl then the guy was all over the field

Canada
01-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I seem to remember we used to have an NFL top 3 DE that we got in the fourth round.. my memory is fuzzy though.. wonder what ever happened to that guy..

He kept beating a dead horse...of wait...thats you!!

kcmostwanted
01-14-2009, 05:20 PM
I say We also look at the Kid from NIU. Larry English is a beast and has the body style of Demarcus Ware/ Patrick Willis. I know that he didn't play against top competition but Osi and Ware both played at Troy and look how good they are in the league.

Here is a link on youtube:
YouTube - NIU DE Larry English Career Highlight Video (Part 1)

leoness8
01-16-2009, 11:10 AM
great video of English...he looks great coming off the edge. Great speed. I wouldnt mind him on one of the ends for the chiefs.