01-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Great News....it's A Better Day!

hometeam
01-13-2009, 03:25 PM
you get texts from ESPN too? :P

Yeyyyy Pioli!

Canada
01-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Sources: Scott Pioli to join Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3830515)

jmlamerson
01-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Thank goodness. We're now a HC firing away from a winning season in 2009.

greg3564
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Now it gets interesting! What will Herm's fate be? Hopefully the unemployment line! Finally a new chapter for the Chiefs. I'm pumped about what Pioli will bring to this team.

greg3564
01-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Just updated from ESPN, looks like Herm is out.

New England Patriots (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe) vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli has agreed to become head of football operations for the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan), two NFL sources confirmed to ESPN's Michael Smith.

(http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80dbdd5b&campaign=ec0009)
Pioli was seen packing up his office Tuesday afternoon, a Patriots source said.

The decision to hire Pioli likely means Herman Edwards will not be back as Chiefs head coach next season. Among the top candidates to succeed Edwards is New York Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyg) defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio will replace Pioli as vice president of player personnel, league sources told ESPN.

Pioli, 43, has been with the Patriots for nine years.

Pioli should find a warm welcome in Kansas City. At the last Chiefs home game, shortly after the embattled Carl Peterson resigned after 20 years as president, general manager and CEO, several signs were spotted in the crowd proclaiming, "We want Pioli."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Bike
01-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Its a new era for Chiefs football fans.
I need a cold one. Time to celebrate!!!

m0ef0e
01-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Sweet. I'm glad to finally hear something legit. The suspense was killing me!

Guru
01-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Hey Herm, do you see that red light flashing in the corner of your eye? Thats your career dissipation light and it just went into high gear.

Bike
01-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey Hermhater - whats your new nickname!!!!!

slimdagreat
01-13-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm more excited about Spagnoli possibly replacing Herm. But this is definitely a great day for Chiefs fans.

tornadospotter
01-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey Herm, do you see that red light flashing in the corner of your eye? Thats your career dissipation light and it just went into high gear.

Hey Hermhater - whats your new nickname!!!!!
Lets not jump to conclusions yet, we have not gotten official news about Herms employment status yet. I for one think he may still be the HC, or not. :11: :D

greg3564
01-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Lets not jump to conclusions yet, we have not gotten official news about Herms employment status yet. I for one think he may still be the HC, or not. :11: :D

ESPN and Sporting News are both suggesting that Herm is done. ESPN is reporting that Herm is resigned to the fact that a new GM would in all likelihood "clean house." Buh bye Herm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

slimdagreat
01-13-2009, 04:30 PM
ESPN and Sporting News are both suggesting that Herm is done. ESPN is reporting that Herm is resigned to the fact that a new GM would in all likelihood "clean house." Buh bye Herm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Either way, as long as he's gone.

rustfan76
01-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Did I hear right? Did they also say that Pioli is the Tuna's son-in-law? Maybe Bill will use his escape clause in Miami, and return to coaching for his son-in-law(Hey , I can dream can't I) lol

theaxeeffect4311
01-13-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm more excited about Spagnoli possibly replacing Herm. But this is definitely a great day for Chiefs fans.

That is what I am excited for as well. If we get Spagnuolo and keep Gailey, this team will really turn around. I am still under the impression that the Giants defense is not that great outside their D-line. So it would be exciting to get a guy who made that defense work and bring it to KC.

yashi
01-13-2009, 04:54 PM
glad it's finally done.

see ya Herm, peace out. Want to be the DB coach/halftime motivational speaker?

jmlamerson
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Pioli + Shanahan = 2009 AFC West Champs = 2010 Super Bowl Champs

Guru
01-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Lets not jump to conclusions yet, we have not gotten official news about Herms employment status yet. I for one think he may still be the HC, or not. :11: :D1. You are crazy
2. Pioli can't be that stupid
3. if Herm is still HC I'm done for next year.

tornadospotter
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM

1. You are crazy
2. Pioli can't be that stupid
3. if Herm is still HC I'm done for next year.

:11: I am disappointed in you Guru, I would have though you would caught this.:D

Seek
01-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Did I hear right? Did they also say that Pioli is the Tuna's son-in-law? Maybe Bill will use his escape clause in Miami, and return to coaching for his son-in-law(Hey , I can dream can't I) lol

yes, the Tuna is his father in law. Apparently the Tuna is from Whichita so Pioli's wife has family in Kansas which was one factor that many thought he was interested in KC as opposed to Cleveland.

plus the Chiefs are just so much better the Poop Browns.

Guru
01-13-2009, 05:19 PM
:11: I am disappointed in you Guru, I would have though you would caught this.:D
I caught it. You are still crazy to even suggest the possibility of Herm staying. :11::D

slimdagreat
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
That is what I am excited for as well. If we get Spagnuolo and keep Gailey, this team will really turn around. I am still under the impression that the Giants defense is not that great outside their D-line. So it would be exciting to get a guy who made that defense work and bring it to KC.

I agree with you 100%.

The Giants CBs might be worse than KCs, but when you have a DL that gets at the QB like there's does, then you can hide average CBs really well (just ask New England). Hopefully if the rumors of Spagnoli coming are true, and they upgrade at the other DT spot and RE then I think our DL could be decent.

Guru
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
I agree with you 100%.

The Giants CBs might be worse than KCs, but when you have a DL that gets at the QB like there's does, then you can hide average CBs really well (just ask New England). Hopefully if the rumors of Spagnoli coming are true, and they upgrade at the other DT spot and RE then I think our DL could be decent.
Hell, I have been fairly impressed with Flowers and Carr.

mejohnm
01-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Its now on NFL.com...

NFL.com Blogs Adam Schefter « (http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/)

leaves
01-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Dunno bout you all, but I'm feelin peaches and effin cream right now.

As far as the Brandons, Flowers I expected to get and use/Carr is impressive for being a later pick, starting, and tutoring Leggett.

slimdagreat
01-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Hell, I have been fairly impressed with Flowers and Carr.

Flowers is a future stud, book it.

I read a stat somewhere that listed the top CBs in the league and their percentage of receptions against vs. pass thrown at, and he was like #6 in the whole league.

Get that kid a solid pass rush so he isn't in coverage for 10 seconds every play and he could be shut down.

slimdagreat
01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
This is christmas for me. The Braves get Lowe and now the Chiefs get a real GM.

leaves
01-13-2009, 06:00 PM
ha, for real.. I'm a loose Braves fan too. Lowe comes in, and we steal the region football GM after they took Smoltz.

nigeriannightmare
01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I tell you what, I thought that we would have to endure one more season of Herm and Carl. Looks like we get a GM that knows how to build a championship team, not to mention he's the son -in-law of Mr. Parcells and we may get rid of Herm 'the germ' Edwards and get Mr. Spagnuolo to come in here and turn this defense around. I've been happy houring it since I found out and I am lit up like the fourth of july. I AM STOKED!!!!!!!!!

Clark you do have a set of stones and I was wrond about you...THANK GOD!!!!!!

Vandelay
01-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Any word on a press conf.?

nigeriannightmare
01-13-2009, 06:25 PM
....and I am glad that bars are open early enough for some one to get drunk before the sun sets, now only if my wife will understand....
:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

To a new beginning everyone. Love it or hate it, it's a new era.

Vandelay
01-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Heres to a packed and loud Arrowhead next year.:bananen_smilies046:

KC Cultivation
01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
New England Patriots (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe) vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli has agreed to become general manager for the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan).

"We are very excited to welcome Scott to the Chiefs," chairman Clark Hunt said in a statement. "With his proven track record of success, Scott is the finest player personnel executive in the NFL, and we look forward to his leadership in building a championship organization." The Chiefs plan to introduce Pioli at a Wednesday press conference. Pioli was seen packing up his office Tuesday afternoon, a Patriots source told ESPN's Michael Smith. "He will have complete charge of football operations," Ryan Petcoff, an assistant to Hunt, told The Associated Press. "He will report only to Clark." The decision to hire Pioli likely means Herman Edwards will not be back as Chiefs head coach next season. Among the top candidates to succeed Edwards is New York Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyg) defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. A source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Bill Williamson that Edwards sent his assistant coaching staff home to await word on the future in light of the Pioli hiring news. Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio will replace Pioli as vice president of player personnel, league sources told ESPN.

drstandley31
01-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Now we can really start rebuilding. ur, I promise to never use that term again. Let's start "Building".
Perhaps we can start building after we sober up. :drunkhb:

Coach
01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
There you have it folks.

slc chief
01-13-2009, 07:12 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet pioli is the man things are definantly looking up

KC Cultivation
01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Done Deal!
I'm stoked! Could not have asked for any better as a hardcore Chiefs fan. The Future is now! I like Herm but hey if Pinoli likes someone else then I;m cool with that also. Herm will find another job just fine. Good Year- To BE A cOACH

balto
01-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Vandelay,

I believe tomorrow at 5:00

jerhart
01-13-2009, 08:00 PM
...what? We hired Pioli?! Uh uhhh uhhh...(see video)..

YouTube - Jizz In My Pants

Coach
01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Pioli + Shanahan = 2009 AFC West Champs = 2010 Super Bowl Champs

I think that combination would win a LOT of games.

YouTube - Jizz In My Pants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4)

That is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen on youtube.

slc chief
01-13-2009, 10:22 PM

YouTube - Jizz In My Pants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4)

lmao that was funny

jerhart
01-13-2009, 10:34 PM
:) It's a good one...I know it may be pushing the rules..but today is a special day so I figured I would throw it up there. :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
01-13-2009, 10:36 PM
:) It's a good one...I know it may be pushing the rules..but today is a special day so I figured I would throw it up there. :bananen_smilies046:
It's definitely breaking the rules. But as you said, this is a special day, so I am going to let it slide.

Go Chiefs!

OTR Chiefs fan
01-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Let's just hope we don't get a rookie head coach from Iowa to coach our young team. :D

Canada
01-13-2009, 11:57 PM

It's definitely breaking the rules. But as you said, this is a special day, so I am going to let it slide.

Go Chiefs!

Theres rules here?

tornadospotter
01-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Theres rules here?
I think so, but now not sure.:D

Canada
01-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Meh...rules are for suckers

Fin Fan In Cali
01-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Congrats on the hiring. It helps us both.:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
01-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Congrats on the hiring. It helps us both.:bananen_smilies046:

thats why I made it happen!! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
01-14-2009, 12:42 AM
thats why I made it happen!! :bananen_smilies046:
:funnypost: :lol: Thats why I made it happen!

Pro_Angler
01-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Un stinking believable. I was at work monitoring the reports as i do every day awaiting the report that finalazes a deal any deal, and i see this .... I am so happy it's sureal.
I for one would not be surprised to see herm for one more year. Next year there will be a great crop of quality head coaches available..
Shanahan, cowher, maybe dungy there arent any great coaches available to work this year available.
I STILL SAY DRAFT CRABTREE @ THE 3 SPOT.!!!!!!!!!!

leaves
01-14-2009, 08:03 PM
first, I'm glad to see some SNL fans.
second, I am content enough that any new coach would be nice. The rook coach outta Iowa might bag Shonn Greene, an assistant coach might feel something to prove, and off or def coordinators are gonna support their specialties. I wouldn't even mind seeing Herm do defensive, but he prob. wont want that.

Pro_Angler
01-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Even the Pats foriums are going nuts. here is a good read on one of thier forums all they can talk about is us snagging Cassel...lmao...
Pioli + Cassel...futures intertwined? - New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard (http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/204380-pioli-cassel-futures-intertwined.html)

Cassel isnt worth a #3 1st rd trade, but if the chiefs do trade down for a middle 1st and a secong and a third then maybe they use the middle 1st or a higher 2nd to get cassel??????

leaves
01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't want Cassel, they can keep him for broken down Brady.

bigpoppachief
01-14-2009, 09:12 PM
We will win with Pioli at the helm and the reason why is because he knows how to rebuild and use proven talent. Hey I am all about rebuilding but have never been about losing while doing it. I have faith that Pioli will not trade for Cassell and give Thig another shot PLUS come on look at the line that Cassell was playing behind and the receiving core. Seriously I could throw 10 TDs a year to Randy Moss lol Today is a great day to be a cheifs fan and I am already counting the days till next season.

hometeam
01-14-2009, 09:33 PM
rofl cassel! pass~

josh1971
01-15-2009, 04:35 PM
The lines- that's what Piloli should address. BUT- it's his ship, so I'll let him decide how to attack the Spanish Armada.

jb

Pro_Angler
01-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I have great faith that this team will be turned around to our greatness once again. We are not that far out from it right now. So take the bags off your heads get ready for a few bumps in the road dont get too judgmental too quickly (as many will do with Pioli) but let him work.

theaxeeffect4311
01-19-2009, 10:11 PM
The lines- that's what Piloli should address. BUT- it's his ship, so I'll let him decide how to attack the Spanish Armada.

jb

But you are right. If this team is going to turn it around, they need to do it by adding linemen.