PDA

View Full Version : Giants Michael Strahan To Hold Out?

Sweets
07-20-2007, 09:12 AM
A league source tells us that Giants defensive end Michael Strahan is seriously considering refusing to report to training camp. In fact, we're hearing indications that the decision not to show up already has been made. The move, if it happens, would not surprise anyone who has been paying attention to Strahan's situation. Earlier this year, there were strong rumors that he wanted more money, and that he might take a stand to get it. Though the talk died down, Strahan has said within the past month or so that he still is the "best at what I do." So if he's the best, and the guy who is at least second best (in Strahan's mind) is getting paid $12 million per year, Strahan surely isn't happy about getting only $4 million. Especially since he's trying to replenish the nest egg after his ex-wife ended up with most of his life savings. So if Strahan stays away, the Giants can thank the Colts, since it was the six-year, $72 million deal given last Friday to defensive end Dwight Freeney that apparently has pushed Strahan over the top.

Source: Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

timbok
07-20-2007, 12:22 PM
now hes an idiot

Sweets
07-20-2007, 12:34 PM
The only thing that he's idiotic about was getting married to that freaking baby maker....

timbok
07-20-2007, 02:37 PM
hmmmmmm?
is it bad to have children

Sweets
07-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Yep, esp. when your spouse takes as much as she did...Children serve no purpose.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Yep, esp. when your spouse takes as much as she did...Children serve no purpose.

Is that what your parents said?

Canada
07-20-2007, 06:01 PM

I have two daughters...as far as their purpose, who do you think goes to the beer fridge for me!:punk: P.S. My six year old is a die hard Chiefs fan from birth!!

Sweets
07-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh geez people don't your underroos in a bunch, if you love your rug rats, power to ya, I just don't agree with having em that's all.

Drunk having me was my parents choice, if they had chose to not have me well then someone else would be posting news around this place...lol

Canada
07-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Oh geez people don't your underroos in a bunch, if you love your rug rats, power to ya, I just don't agree with having em that's all.

Drunk having me was my parents choice, if they had chose to not have me well then someone else would be posting news around this place...lol

You think we should let the human race die out?

Sweets
07-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Canada, honestly, I don't care what the human race does...because ultimately I don't have any control over it...too many people have too many children only to either not raise them right or to leave it up to others and before you all go nuts on me I'm not saying any of you are guilty of that just in general. The courts are full of cases where parents neglect or abuse their offspring and IMO it's better not to have them then make them suffer. I chose not to have children but I'm selfish and greedy and I want it to always be about me and knowing that's how I am I choose not to procreate.

Canada
07-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Canada, honestly, I don't care what the human race does...because ultimately I don't have any control over it...too many people have too many children only to either not raise them right or to leave it up to others and before you all go nuts on me I'm not saying any of you are guilty of that just in general. The courts are full of cases where parents neglect or abuse their offspring and IMO it's better not to have them then make them suffer. I chose not to have children but I'm selfish and greedy and I want it to always be about me and knowing that's how I am I choose not to procreate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I agree with a lot of what you said. I was just curious about why you feel the way you do. I have always said that you have to have a licence to drive a car, to go fishing, to go hunting, but anybody can pop out a baby. I agree 100% that it is better not to have them than to make them suffer. There are a lot of bad parents out there, but honsetly, having kids put me where I am today. When I found out my wife (girlfriend at the time) was pregnant I was on a beach in Australia just wandering around. But I wanted to be a good dad so I came home, went back to school and made something out of myself. I really don't think I would be a paramedic today if it wasn't for my kids. I guess I never really planned on having kids, and had you saked me if i would the answer would have been NO. Absolutely not, but now that I am a dad, it is the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

Chiefster
07-20-2007, 07:58 PM
...Thought this thread was about Michael Strahan???? :p

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2007, 08:14 PM
...Thought this thread was about Michael Strahan???? :p

That ***** took it ALL!!!!! This may offend sweets but oh well....The guy ALWAYS gets F****D!!!!!

Chiefster
07-20-2007, 08:19 PM
That ***** took it ALL!!!!! This may offend sweets but oh well....The guy ALWAYS gets F****D!!!!!

This maybe true, but one can't help believe that he bares some responsibility for his own misfortunes.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2007, 08:54 PM
This maybe true, but one can't help believe that he bares some responsibility for his own misfortunes.

No doubt he has to take some responsibility but just like most, this women had nothin before she married him! Now she's a multi multi millionare. She knew what she was gettin into. All the athletes wives know the story. They've been to hotels when the players check in. They know the women that hang around these hotels. Hell, most of them were one of those women they dispise now!

My question is....WHERE'S THE PRENUMP?????????? He's the dumbass for not gettin one I guess.

Chiefster
07-20-2007, 08:56 PM
No doubt he has to take some responsibility but just like most, this women had nothin before she married him! Now she's a multi multi millionare. She knew what she was gettin into. All the athletes wives know the story. They've been to hotels when the players check in. They know the women that hang around these hotels. Hell, most of them were one of those women they dispise now!

My question is....WHERE'S THE PRENUMP?????????? He's the dumbass for not gettin one I guess.

Hit nail smack dead on the head!

Sweets
07-20-2007, 11:21 PM

Drunk, don't worry about me..it takes a lot of offend me and even more when you're on a message board and not really knowing the other person but I agree, Strahan's wife took it all and I hate her for that, take enough for the kids but she doesn't need thousands to keep her in that lifestyle...get a job biatch like the real world does every day. What I didn't like was she had to bring up the gay crap I mean come on get a grip lady you were married to the guy had his kids and you want them to grow up knowing that you called their daddy a ***???

A lot of prenups go invalid for one reason or another and when you have kids it really gets complicated.

chief31
07-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Rather he had a pre-nup, or not, how does our legal system see this as fair, or just? Everyone knows that it isn't.

The fact is, that the government offers so many "advantages" for married people and so many "penalties" for single adults, that men are "pushed" by the legal system, into marriage, only to have that same system "rape" them, when it's over.

Note: I realize the generalization I made, making men out to be the victims, when there have been occaisions, where women were the victim. Just going with the overwhelming majority.

I think Uncle Sam has been too involved with the process of marriage. The agreement, in marriage, is between him, her and (depending upon the couples beliefs) God. Yet, Uncle Sam has the most power, in the marriage.

I don't blame Strahan, for his current financial situation. Nor, do I blame the ex-wife. (Who could turn-down that kind of payday?) I blame the legal system. They are the ones who awarded the ex-wife, all that money.

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 03:37 AM
Rather he had a pre-nup, or not, how does our legal system see this as fair, or just? Everyone knows that it isn't.

The fact is, that the government offers so many "advantages" for married people and so many "penalties" for single adults, that men are "pushed" by the legal system, into marriage, only to have that same system "rape" them, when it's over.

Note: I realize the generalization I made, making men out to be the victims, when there have been occaisions, where women were the victim. Just going with the overwhelming majority.

I think Uncle Sam has been too involved with the process of marriage. The agreement, in marriage, is between him, her and (depending upon the couples beliefs) God. Yet, Uncle Sam has the most power, in the marriage.

I don't blame Strahan, for his current financial situation. Nor, do I blame the ex-wife. (Who could turn-down that kind of payday?) I blame the legal system. They are the ones who awarded the ex-wife, all that money.

It's called adultery!

chief31
07-21-2007, 05:23 AM
It's called adultery!

Regardless of what act may have been commited, in this, particular case, it is a common outcome of divorce, in this nation. "Community property" refers to all money and assets acquired during a marriage is owned, jointly and is divided, evenly, between the two parties, upon divorce, or anullment.

When one member of the marriage earns such a vast majority of the households income, then there should be some form of pro-rated exception. Especially, in a time women are expected to work, for a living, the same as men.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 05:34 AM
It's called adultery!

Agreed!

Regardless of what act may have been commited, in this, particular case, it is a common outcome of divorce, in this nation. "Community property" refers to all money and assets acquired during a marriage is owned, jointly and is divided, evenly, between the two parties, upon divorce, or anullment.

When one member of the marriage earns such a vast majority of the households income, then there should be some form of pro-rated exception. Especially, in a time women are expected to work, for a living, the same as men.

Especially in California; I don't know what it's like in New York.

chief31
07-21-2007, 05:51 AM
Agreed!

Especially in California; I don't know what it's like in New York.

Right. California is one of the least fair divorce states. After dividing the assets equally, they will then divide any "community debt" equittably. Meaning that the party who earns the majority of the money, keeps a matching majority, of the debt. So, hypothitically, "she" gets half of his money and property and "he" gets all of the bills.

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 02:35 PM

This is only true in states that have that law. The half law! Whatever it is called. It also has to do with the time they were married. If the marriege is young enough to be anulled, they haven't earned the right to that money. Now when kids come into the picture, you are right everything changes. But the women gets far more rights and omissions than a man!

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Right. California is one of the least fair divorce states. After dividing the assets equally, they will then divide any "community debt" equittably. Meaning that the party who earns the majority of the money, keeps a matching majority, of the debt. So, hypothitically, "she" gets half of his money and property and "he" gets all of the bills.

She got the gold mine
I got the shaft

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 08:04 PM
She got the gold mine
I got the shaft

Great song!!

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Great song!!

Heh! ...Seemed to fit.

chief31
07-22-2007, 02:15 AM
This is only true in states that have that law. The half law! Whatever it is called. It also has to do with the time they were married. If the marriege is young enough to be anulled, they haven't earned the right to that money. Now when kids come into the picture, you are right everything changes. But the women gets far more rights and omissions than a man!

This is from wikipedia:

In a community property jurisdiction, most property acquired during the marriage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage) (except for gifts or inheritances) is owned jointly by both spouses and is divided upon divorce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce), annulment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annulment) or death.

Here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_property

Oh, by the way, of course it is only in states that use the Community property standards. We had already made that point.

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 04:49 AM
This is from wikipedia:

In a community property jurisdiction, most property acquired during the marriage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage) (except for gifts or inheritances) is owned jointly by both spouses and is divided upon divorce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce), annulment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annulment) or death.

Here is the link:

Oh, by the way, of course it is only in states that use the Community property standards. We had already made that point.

Oh you...Community Property standards point maker you... :D

DrunkHillbilly
07-22-2007, 06:06 AM
This is from wikipedia:

Here is the link:

The state thing is what I was talkin about. Some people think all 50 states have the same law.

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 07:13 AM
The state thing is what I was talkin about. Some people think all 50 states have the same law.

Heh; just the n00bs - who cares what they think? :D

Canada
07-22-2007, 09:13 AM
You guys have 50 states?

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 11:03 AM
You guys have 50 states?

At least! :D

Canada
07-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Is that including Alaska and hawaii?

Chiefster