PDA

View Full Version : Never mind Thigpen...

josh1971
01-14-2009, 03:05 PM
We agreed to terms with Ingle.... Martin?

Well, Brodie and Damon ought to be wondering about their status right now (though I'm not sure either had much of a chance after this season).

Anyone have any thoughts on why we've signed this Ingle Martin chap? Is he good?

JB

jmlamerson
01-14-2009, 03:12 PM
We agreed to terms with Ingle.... Martin?

Well, Brodie and Damon ought to be wondering about their status right now (though I'm not sure either had much of a chance after this season).

Anyone have any thoughts on why we've signed this Ingle Martin chap? Is he good?

JB

He's camp fodder.

josh1971
01-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah, kind of what I thought when I heard about him at the start of the season this year. I like Thigpen, and I do think he should at least be given the chance to lead again, but can you imagine our one-two punch of

1. Thigpen
2. Martin

I somehow doubt it with the new changes coming. I wouldn't be surprised if Thiggie is the only QB we retain.

jb

leaves
01-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, pretty much. If you don't know Ingle Martin, he played for Florida but left to Furman when Chris Leaks was taking his spot. Then he did well enough to get drafted by GB, but got tossed around to (I don't know), but we grabbed him in early fall. He's good in the sense that he was our 3rd string qb twice after being cut once and now he's been resigned.

chiefnut
01-14-2009, 03:36 PM
ingle martin was a castoff, we signed him in a panic when brodie & damon went down, expecting him to fill in but he could not beat out thigpen.

josh1971
01-14-2009, 03:41 PM
oh my......

chiefnut
01-14-2009, 04:01 PM
and let us not forget the world famous quinn gray we signed in october, the jax jags castaway. you could have won lots of money in any bar [outside KC] to name KC's three qb's...Tyler Thigpen, Ingle Martin, & Quinn Gray....a lineup that strikes fear into the hearts and minds of corners & safeties everywhere
ps: i however do like Thigpen, he turned out pretty good all things considered.

Chief Tyler
01-14-2009, 04:04 PM
What happened to Gray? Is he retiring? Moving on from a one season contract?
I would think our QB situation would be something along the lines of...

1. Thigs
2. Gray/Insert 2009 draft QB here/Croyle

but since Martin was signed you have to wonder about some of that, I don't think we'll forego a QB in this draft, so what have we done about Croyle and Gray more specifically.

Chief Tyler
01-14-2009, 04:05 PM
and let us not forget the world famous quinn gray we signed in october, the jax jags castaway. you could have won lots of money in any bar [outside KC] to name KC's three qb's...Tyler Thigpen, Ingle Martin, & Quinn Gray....a lineup that strikes fear into the hearts and minds of corners & safeties everywhere
ps: i however do like Thigpen, he turned out pretty good all things considered.

You hit this topic before I did :P, sorry for the repetitiveness.

chiefnut
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
my wag is for now it's Thigpen, Croyle, Gray

hometeam
01-14-2009, 06:02 PM
I would be surprised of Ingle makes it into the actual season, if he does, it will be at third QB.

kcmostwanted
01-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Bradford isn't declaring for the draft so we can end the discussion of grabbing a QB w/ the 3rd overall pick.. Unless Detroit takes Michael Crabtree :)

I say we keep Martin, Gray, Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and let them battle Thigpen for the starting job

hometeam
01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Thigpen will battle for the starting position with someone. If its Croyle, Thigpen will be the starter, if its a FA like Leftwhich or Delhomme ( just throwing those out there, dont hammer me too hard on that ) then it could go either way.

Personally, without a 'great' qb availabale, I would like to see Thigpen again~

jmlamerson
01-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Thigpen will battle for the starting position with someone. If its Croyle, Thigpen will be the starter, if its a FA like Leftwhich or Delhomme ( just throwing those out there, dont hammer me too hard on that ) then it could go either way.

Personally, without a 'great' qb availabale, I would like to see Thigpen again~

The Chiefs need to take Croyle out behind One Arrowhead and euthanize him, just so his name can stop being thrown around as a possible starting QB for the Chiefs.

hometeam
01-14-2009, 07:00 PM
just get someone to bump into him in the grocery store, this will cuase a season ending injury~

leaves
01-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm fine with Croyle being a backup. He hasn't looked bad, just he's a ragdoll. I gotta think your right hometown about Martin not staying around for long. My bet is we keep thigpen and croyle, then draft a qb at some point in the draft, and Martin goes on layaway again.