PDA

View Full Version : herm is staying

hayden2004
01-14-2009, 03:01 PM
i hate this ****ing team do one thing good then **** it up the next day trust me i have a inside guy

chiefnut
01-14-2009, 03:04 PM
please tell me you're just getting an early jump on an april fools joke!!!!

hayden2004
01-14-2009, 03:07 PM
i wish i was

Chief Tyler
01-14-2009, 03:09 PM
I hope you mean we're retaining him as a coordinater, or even better a DB coach.

Wishful thinking, but for how terrible this season has been, the offseason has been great. First Snyder at KSU, now Pioli, lets hope for a perfect 3!

chiefnut
01-14-2009, 03:11 PM
well, i did hear right before we hired herm that we would indeed hire herm but as an interim untill cower became available. if what you say is true, i will hold onto this belief to help me endure one more season of dissapointmnets under HE

jerhart
01-14-2009, 03:37 PM
i hate this ****ing team do one thing good then **** it up the next day trust me i have a inside guy

This means nothing without a link to some kind of source. I have heard that it IS a possibility..but not for sure.
Source: Herm Edwards not ruled out as Kansas City Chiefs coach yet - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3832588)

Please post a link...don't start rumors.

hometeam
01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
rumors are the best part of the offseason! without them we would be so bored~

That being said, I can imagine that this is true in the capacity that 'your inside guy' told you so.

Canada
01-14-2009, 03:51 PM

So glad to hear you hate them. There are 31 other to cheer for and I am sure you can claim to have an "inside guy" there too. :bananen_smilies046:

wildcat
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
well, i did hear right before we hired herm that we would indeed hire herm but as an interim untill cower became available. if what you say is true, i will hold onto this belief to help me endure one more season of dissapointmnets under HE

I think you were trying to be funny, but I kind of think what you said might be more accurate than you realize. Think of the coaches that may be looking for jobs next year...Cowher, Shanahan, Schottenheimer, Parcells, Dungy. I wouldn't be surprised if three of those guys come back to coaching in 2010, but none of them will be coaching in 2009. Why fire Herm this year when we can go after one of those 5 if we wait one more year?

Zech04
01-14-2009, 04:47 PM

this guys full of crap...theres no way he has a "Inside Source" considering its really piolis choice and hes yet to even get to KC.

jmlamerson
01-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I think you were trying to be funny, but I kind of think what you said might be more accurate than you realize. Think of the coaches that may be looking for jobs next year...Cowher, Shanahan, Schottenheimer, Parcells, Dungy. I wouldn't be surprised if three of those guys come back to coaching in 2010, but none of them will be coaching in 2009. Why fire Herm this year when we can go after one of those 5 if we wait one more year?

Because we don't have to chalk up 2009?

Because we could just put Gailey in charge for a year instead of Herm?

Because it's probably better to get a young coach instead of a retread?

Because there's no way Parcells, Schottenheimer, or Dungy coach again?

Because we want to signal that this franchise is changing direction?

Because we want a competent coach that won't destroy our FA and rookie classes?

I dunno, it's a mystery why Herm should be fired.

wildcat
01-14-2009, 04:49 PM
rumors are the best part of the offseason! without them we would be so bored~

That being said, I can imagine that this is true in the capacity that 'your inside guy' told you so.

By inside guy, he probably meant the little guy inside his head. You know one from which all of those "voices" come from (Don't hate me, I'm just kidding).

wildcat
01-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Because we don't have to chalk up 2009?

Because we could just put Gailey in charge for a year instead of Herm?

Because it's probably better to get a young coach instead of a retread?

Because there's no way Parcells, Schottenheimer, or Dungy coach again?

Because we want to signal that this franchise is changing direction?

Because we want a competent coach that won't destroy our FA and rookie classes?

I dunno, it's a mystery why Herm should be fired.

I don't really disagree with you, but I do see it as a win-win situation. If we fire Herm this year, then we will wind up with a better coach. If we wait until next year, there is a good chance we will wind up with an even better coach. Plus, there is a slim chance Herm might surprise us and turn out to be a better coach than we all think he is capable of being.

jmlamerson
01-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't really disagree with you, but I do see it as a win-win situation. If we fire Herm this year, then we will wind up with a better coach. If we wait until next year, there is a good chance we will wind up with an even better coach. Plus, there is a slim chance Herm might surprise us and turn out to be a better coach than we all think he is capable of being.

No, it is not win-win for us to bring back a bad coach in 2009 for the shot at signing Cowher (the other coaches you mentioned aren't worth the wait) in 2010. Not only do we not know if Cowher will coach again, but we don't know if he would coach here.

And really, you think its a good idea to keep a coach as a lame duck for a whole year? When players are going to disregard him for that particular reason? When trying to woo FAs and train rookies? When we're actually trying to win games and need a coach who understands game management? Really?

Herm is a worse coach than everyone thinks, not a better one. The only reason to keep Herm would be if you think he's the future of the franchise. If not, we need to ditch him. Immediately.

chiefnut
01-14-2009, 05:04 PM
how about this as a down side; herm has a mediocre 2009, not great but better so they decide to renew his contract.

jmlamerson
01-14-2009, 05:06 PM
how about this as a down side; herm has a mediocre 2009, not great but better so they decide to renew his contract.

How about this as another one? He goes 3-13, depresses the fanbase, gets our QB killed, and we're unable get our own FAs to resign because they see this as a losing franchise.

chiefnut
01-14-2009, 05:13 PM
How about this as another one? He goes 3-13, depresses the fanbase, gets our QB killed, and we're unable get our own FAs to resign because they see this as a losing franchise.

yup, that would be a bad thing

Big Daddy Tek
01-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Come on JM! You know damn well that isnt going to happen. With added free agents and draft picks by Pioli, this team will look good in a division that will not be very good next year.

wildcat
01-14-2009, 05:16 PM
No, it is not win-win for us to bring back a bad coach in 2009 for the shot at signing Cowher (the other coaches you mentioned aren't worth the wait) in 2010. Not only do we not know if Cowher will coach again, but we don't know if he would coach here.

And really, you think its a good idea to keep a coach as a lame duck for a whole year? When players are going to disregard him for that particular reason? When trying to woo FAs and train rookies? When we're actually trying to win games and need a coach who understands game management? Really?

Herm is a worse coach than everyone thinks, not a better one. The only reason to keep Herm would be if you think he's the future of the franchise. If not, we need to ditch him. Immediately.

You take pride in disagreeing with me, don't you? If Pioli decides to keep Edwards it's because he thinks there is still some hope for Edwards as KC's HC. Besides that, he is one of the most well liked coaches by NFL players. I think highly paid GMs and NFL players can do a better job of evaluating a coach than you or I. However, my point is that it is reassuring that if we take a chance and give Herm another year, there will be several excellent coaches available next year. Don't be such a Debbie Downer.

Just FYI, I would have fired Herm months ago if it were up to me, but it's not so I am putting a little faith in Hunt and Pioli.

jmlamerson
01-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Come on JM! You know damn well that isnt going to happen. With added free agents and draft picks by Pioli, this team will look good in a division that will not be very good next year.

I was being a little worst-case, sure. But I think there are a few dozen coaches who could coach the Chiefs to the top of the AFC West next year, so long as Pioli gets us good picks and good FAs. I don't think Herm can.

I think even if we had the best draft/FA haul possible, Herm gets us to 7-9/6-10. I don't think he knows how to protect a QB or a lead. And his Cover 2 philosophy on defense has been nothing less than disasterous.

I think the Chiefs win the division in 2009 if we fire Herm. I think we finish with a losing record if we keep Herm. I think he's a bad enough coach to be at least a four game swing on the season.

jmlamerson
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
You take pride in disagreeing with me, don't you? If Pioli decides to keep Edwards it's because he thinks there is still some hope for Edwards as KC's HC. Besides that, he is one of the most well liked coaches by NFL players. I think highly paid GMs and NFL players can do a better job of evaluating a coach than you or I. However, my point is that it is reassuring that if we take a chance and give Herm another year, there will be several excellent coaches available next year. Don't be such a Debbie Downer.

Just FYI, I would have fired Herm months ago if it were up to me, but it's not so I am putting a little faith in Hunt and Pioli.

I'm contentious on this issue. I cannot believe that after the past three years, people still believe Herm Edwards can be a winner in this town. I cannot believe they think he's drafted well and that injuries/youth are to blame for our losses this year. He is the losingest active coach with more than 75 games. He is the single greatest reason the Chiefs have done so badly over the past two years.

Sure Herm's well liked. He's a very nice, religious guy who has utter faith in his players and looks out for them. But he's a terrible HC.

KristofLaw
01-14-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't think Herm Edwards could really do anything to gain support from those who's favor he's lost or had none to start. 7-9 win season = oh no will they renew?!? Playoffs same diff. with less edge. Playoff win = some fans. Herm needs to win the bowl, only answer for people to regard him differently. By the way, I'm on the fence, so don't take my words as harsh criticism or appraisal. In a perfect world he's either the complete villain(he came here to DESTROY!) or the hero(superbowl champs next year!!!!).

nigeriannightmare
01-14-2009, 06:47 PM

Our bad division beat the Indianapolis Colts last week, when everyone said that the Colts were the hottest team in the playoffs sporting the NFL MVP. Not bad if you ask me.

rustfan76
01-14-2009, 07:00 PM
It's plain and simple when it comes to Herm, he is a DC not an HC. He took over a Jets team that was built by the Tuna. First year, playoffs then nothing. Then he gets the Chiefs job, a team that was brought back to prominence somewhat by Vermeil, after Gunther tried his best to pull a "Herm". And what happens. First year, playoffs then nothing. He can't do anything with a team he has control over. He can't even do anything when a team gets built into a winner for him. HE TURNS THEM INTO LOSERS!!! He may be the nicest guy in the world, but sometimes you have to say business is business and move on.

Big Daddy Tek
01-14-2009, 07:15 PM
It's plain and simple when it comes to Herm, he is a DC not an HC. He took over a Jets team that was built by the Tuna. First year, playoffs then nothing. Then he gets the Chiefs job, a team that was brought back to prominence somewhat by Vermeil, after Gunther tried his best to pull a "Herm". And what happens. First year, playoffs then nothing. He can't do anything with a team he has control over. He can't even do anything when a team gets built into a winner for him. HE TURNS THEM INTO LOSERS!!! He may be the nicest guy in the world, but sometimes you have to say business is business and move on.

Please dont go their with the Tuna team and all that. If you had been around here for a while, you would have seen it squashed many times. Look up the facts about Herm in New York and get back to me.

nigeriannightmare
01-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Please dont go their with the Tuna team and all that. If you had been around here for a while, you would have seen it squashed many times. Look up the facts about Herm in New York and get back to me.

Dude you are high. there is more evidence to what Herm didn't do than what he did. One of the mods posted Herm's team, which players he drafted and which ones were brought in by parcells after 5 years name the players that Herm brought in that are still on the team. He was ran out of town, He must be an AWESOME coach.

tornadospotter
01-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Every thing is going to be fine now, we have the Tunainlaw at the helm.:D

Big Daddy Tek
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Dude you are high. there is more evidence to what Herm didn't do than what he did. One of the mods posted Herm's team, which players he drafted and which ones were brought in by parcells after 5 years name the players that Herm brought in that are still on the team. He was ran out of town, He must be an AWESOME coach.

I told you to look it up smart guy. But NOOOOO, your just too smart arent ya? OK! Bill Parcells went 8-8 and quit in 1999. Al Groh went 9-7 and quit in 2000 and then Herm went 10-6 and went to the playoffs in 2001. In 2002, Herm won the division and the first playoff game. That was 3 years after Parcells. In 2004, Herms Jets went to the playoffs AGAIN and won their first playoff game and was a kick away from going to the AFC Championship game. His kicker misses one before OT and the next one in OT and the rest is history. I suppose this was still Parcells team 5 years and two coaches later right? Herm comes to Kansas city his first year, Will Shields retires and Trent Green gets his skull crushed. With an older, less talented, Damon Huard led football team, Herm coaches them to the playoffs. Something Dick didnt do the year before with a better team.

Listen man, I dont think that Herm is gonna coach us to a Super Bowl anytime soon, but if you are gonna bring facts to the table, then bring em!

Pro_Angler
01-15-2009, 09:00 AM

i AM TYHE ONE WHO HAS BEEN SAYING HERM IS HERE FOR ONE MORE YEAR POSSABLE , UNTILL A GOOD COACH LIKE COWHER, SHANAHAN, DUNGY IS AVAILABLE NEXT YEAR.

Bike
01-15-2009, 09:11 AM
i AM TYHE ONE WHO HAS BEEN SAYING HERM IS HERE FOR ONE MORE YEAR POSSABLE , UNTILL A GOOD COACH LIKE COWHER, SHANAHAN, DUNGY IS AVAILABLE NEXT YEAR.
Hopefully we'll know by friday. But I do think if Pioli decides to keep Herm, its because he thinks Herm is the man to take us to the Superbowl.:sign0153: I don't think Pioli will keep Herm and his staff for just 1 year and adios. That would truely be wasting another year and I wouldn't think Pioli is about to waste anything.
Either Herm is here for the long haul or he's gone by this weekend. JMO!

I H8 Every Team But KC
01-15-2009, 09:24 AM
This is exactly what I thought would happen and hoped would happen. We use Herm for another year to bring in more young talent combined with some smart free agency moves for one more year then make a bid for one of the big names next year. I think it's the right thing to do even though I'm the minority...

jerhart
01-15-2009, 10:14 AM
This is exactly what I thought would happen and hoped would happen. We use Herm for another year to bring in more young talent combined with some smart free agency moves for one more year then make a bid for one of the big names next year. I think it's the right thing to do even though I'm the minority...

Do you know why you are in the minority?

Look at Pioli's track record...now look at Herm's. The country is going to pick apart the Chiefs next season to see how Pioli is doing. Do you think he is going to risk hanging on to Herm when coaches such as Spagnola and Schwartz are out there?
Pioli is a classy man and will sit down with Herm and Clark and discuss their future plans. In the end Pioli is going to suggest to Herm that he should perhaps become a church camp counselor and then we will go out and hire a REAL coach who can do better than 6-26 in two years. Don't worry...you'll see plenty of Herm in Coor's commercials. It'll be 'okaayyy.' :lol:

I H8 Every Team But KC
01-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Do you know why you are in the minority?

Look at Pioli's track record...now look at Herm's. The country is going to pick apart the Chiefs next season to see how Pioli is doing. Do you think he is going to risk hanging on to Herm when coaches such as Spagnola and Schwartz are out there?
Pioli is a classy man and will sit down with Herm and Clark and discuss their future plans. In the end Pioli is going to suggest to Herm that he should perhaps become a church camp counselor and then we will go out and hire a REAL coach who can do better than 6-26 in two years. Don't worry...you'll see plenty of Herm in Coor's commercials. It'll be 'okaayyy.' :lol:

I'm aware of why I'm the minority but that makes neither one of us right. It's your opinion & my opinion. I guess what I would ask is what have the two coach's you mentioned done as a HEAD COACH? Nothing...that's a risk higher than keeping Herm for another year & waiting until next year to get a Shanahan, Holmgren or Cowher.

Anyone who thinks Pioli is going to right the ship in one season is foolish. It's a process, just like the man himself has said. As for Herm, I support any decision they make. I am merely suggesting what I would like to see happen...minority or not.

dbolan
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Herm needs to go. I do not care what you put into this...Look at his overall record in 2 stints of head coaching. "He is tuuurrable", as Charles Barkley would say and his time is over.

Bring in a real defensive minded HC and let Chan Gaily run the offense. Get the Db's, LB's and Reciever(s) we need and light the fuse. :sign0098:

jerhart
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm aware of why I'm the minority but that makes neither one of us right. It's your opinion & my opinion. I guess what I would ask is what have the two coach's you mentioned done as a HEAD COACH? Nothing...that's a risk higher than keeping Herm for another year & waiting until next year to get a Shanahan, Holmgren or Cowher.

Anyone who thinks Pioli is going to right the ship in one season is foolish. It's a process, just like the man himself has said. As for Herm, I support any decision they make. I am merely suggesting what I would like to see happen...minority or not.

No opportunity as a HC...but there is always a first.

Spagnoala has a Superbowl Ring...the Giants won the Superbowl last year if you weren't aware...his defense stopped arguably the best offense in NFL history.

Schwartz is responsible for putting together one of the top defenses in the league this season and league's past.

Any other questions? :sign0098:

chiefnut
01-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I did hear on both fox sports & espn radio that they thought it likely herm stays to finish out his contract [1year], their reasons.....too much adjustment for a young team, herm hand picked and trained the youngins - another year needed for them to mature, no top coaches Pioli would want at this time, a year to assess the team for the perfect fit as coach.

I H8 Every Team But KC
01-15-2009, 04:40 PM
No opportunity as a HC...but there is always a first.

Spagnoala has a Superbowl Ring...the Giants won the Superbowl last year if you weren't aware...his defense stopped arguably the best offense in NFL history.

Schwartz is responsible for putting together one of the top defenses in the league this season and league's past.

Any other questions? :sign0098:

There are several people on here who like to fight with people (fellow Chief fans I might add) but I won't be one of them. I am only making my point & doing so without being a smarta$$.

The Giants Defense did an awesome job against the Pats. Total TEAM effort. And I never questioned his ability to coach as a DC, but how does that make him a sure thing as a coach? It doesn't...

I never intended to argue with you about this. Just stating my opinion...I'm still very new here and would like to be friends with everyone. So I respect your opinion as you should mine. Doesn't mean we have to agree ;)

I H8 Every Team But KC
01-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I did hear on both fox sports & espn radio that they thought it likely herm stays to finish out his contract [1year], their reasons.....too much adjustment for a young team, herm hand picked and trained the youngins - another year needed for them to mature, no top coaches Pioli would want at this time, a year to assess the team for the perfect fit as coach.

Which is my point...it makes sense.

nigeriannightmare
01-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Hopefully we'll know by friday. But I do think if Pioli decides to keep Herm, its because he thinks Herm is the man to take us to the Superbowl.:sign0153: I don't think Pioli will keep Herm and his staff for just 1 year and adios. That would truely be wasting another year and I wouldn't think Pioli is about to waste anything.
Either Herm is here for the long haul or he's gone by this weekend. JMO!

I think it depends on the outcome of the Pittsburgh Baltimore game. So Monday is when I expect something. Whatever, I thought we would have to endure Carl and herm for 1 more year getting rid of one is enough in my book.

chiefnut
01-15-2009, 05:03 PM
One thing i still don't understand is why have we gotten to this point w/herm? the gun was fired after a 9-6 and a 7-9 season. since CP took over the worst season we had was 6-10 under DV, 7-9 under Marty, yet we[ the CHIEFS] tolerated a 4-12, 2-12 seasons under herm w/no talk of dismissal. herms first season was really w/DV's team and herms coaching, as seen in the indy playoff game. have our expectations been lowered that far?? herms winning % is a dismal .313 should he not have been gone before we got to here?? i know someone will play the rebuilding card, but why didn't we have to rebuild like this since CP became GM before. the only difference seems to be the coach.

nigeriannightmare
01-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I told you to look it up smart guy. But NOOOOO, your just too smart arent ya? OK! Bill Parcells went 8-8 and quit in 1999. Al Groh went 9-7 and quit in 2000 and then Herm went 10-6 and went to the playoffs in 2001. In 2002, Herm won the division and the first playoff game. That was 3 years after Parcells. In 2004, Herms Jets went to the playoffs AGAIN and won their first playoff game and was a kick away from going to the AFC Championship game. His kicker misses one before OT and the next one in OT and the rest is history. I suppose this was still Parcells team 5 years and two coaches later right? Herm comes to Kansas city his first year, Will Shields retires and Trent Green gets his skull crushed. With an older, less talented, Damon Huard led football team, Herm coaches them to the playoffs. Something Dick didnt do the year before with a better team.

Listen man, I dont think that Herm is gonna coach us to a Super Bowl anytime soon, but if you are gonna bring facts to the table, then bring em!

Who gives a crap about records. Parcells brought in the talent and Herm 'the Germ' Edwards ran that team into the ground. Maybe one of the mods can help but there was a thread that showed us what Herm didn't do for the Jets. He was there for 5 years bro and who's left on that roster if he's such a great talent finder, and drafted for them for five years, how many guys are left on that team. Give me a break, talk to a Jets fan instead of looking up records.

Dick Vermeil's team that didn't make the playoffs the year before finished the season with a 10-6 record which is one game better that what Herm did. And in the playoff game, which I was at. It was his inability to make adjustments as to why we lost. We picked off Peyton Manning 3 times running one back to the 7 yard line. But there is Herm, riding someone elses coatails for the second time.

drstandley31
01-15-2009, 07:32 PM
There are several people on here who like to fight with people (fellow Chief fans I might add) but I won't be one of them. I am only making my point & doing so without being a smarta$$.

The Giants Defense did an awesome job against the Pats. Total TEAM effort. And I never questioned his ability to coach as a DC, but how does that make him a sure thing as a coach? It doesn't...

I never intended to argue with you about this. Just stating my opinion...I'm still very new here and would like to be friends with everyone. So I respect your opinion as you should mine. Doesn't mean we have to agree ;)
Hey bro, when they stop picking on you, then worry. Right now they like you enough to argue with you. It's passion for a team we all love, and it's been so long since we've had some good Sunday's that it just makes it easy to toss a few back and pick on the new kid. :toast2: Although, don't use the wink icon, make us think you're a ***. kidding.

Personally I think it comes down to money. That's where we, the fans have a say. We quit going to Arrowhead and Clark pulled the trigger. I think he and Pioli understand that without butts in seats, it's a losing effort. Believe me, if Arrowhead filled up every week during this last 2 years, and we continued to spend the money we always did, nothing would have changed this year. It's a business. I think Pioli (probably spelling his name wrong) knows that Herm's not gonna put butts in seats and he'll make a change soon. I love the guy that said he has a "inside source". Christ it's 3 guys in a room, Thum, Clark and Pioli, that's it. and one of them is probably on the phone talking from boston at this point. I've been on both side of this too, will he keep Herm, will he fire him. Today I think fire. Yesterday I thought keep. ugh. But at least now we have something to argue about. Cheers.

Hayvern
01-15-2009, 08:59 PM

That by the way is the only reason I would see Herm staying, this is what I have been saying all along.

slc chief
01-15-2009, 09:02 PM

as long as you keep that banner of that hot chick you will always have friends here

Canada
01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey bro, when they stop picking on you, then worry. Right now they like you enough to argue with you. It's passion for a team we all love, and it's been so long since we've had some good Sunday's that it just makes it easy to toss a few back and pick on the new kid. :toast2: Although, don't use the wink icon, make us think you're a ***. kidding.

Personally I think it comes down to money. That's where we, the fans have a say. We quit going to Arrowhead and Clark pulled the trigger. I think he and Pioli understand that without butts in seats, it's a losing effort. Believe me, if Arrowhead filled up every week during this last 2 years, and we continued to spend the money we always did, nothing would have changed this year. It's a business. I think Pioli (probably spelling his name wrong) knows that Herm's not gonna put butts in seats and he'll make a change soon. I love the guy that said he has a "inside source". Christ it's 3 guys in a room, Thum, Clark and Pioli, that's it. and one of them is probably on the phone talking from boston at this point. I've been on both side of this too, will he keep Herm, will he fire him. Today I think fire. Yesterday I thought keep. ugh. But at least now we have something to argue about. Cheers.

you seriously believe that this is all happening because people stopped buying T shirts?? :lol: :lol:

nigeriannightmare
01-16-2009, 12:09 AM

I am sure they said that. But it isn't quite logical. Why would you keep him around just to get rid of him when his contract runs out. If the move to replace Herm is made, it needs to be now. We could got 8-8 and win the AFC West next year, how foolish would it be to get rid of hime then. I do not agree with that logic at all, if your gonna fire him, it needs to be now.

I H8 Every Team But KC
01-16-2009, 08:03 AM
as long as you keep that banner of that hot chick you will always have friends here

Done!

;)

Bike
01-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I think it depends on the outcome of the Pittsburgh Baltimore game. So Monday is when I expect something. Whatever, I thought we would have to endure Carl and herm for 1 more year getting rid of one is enough in my book.
Not me. Losing 23 of last 25 games does not deserve any coach to retain his job. Herm should of spared us any more ruin and resigned himself at the end of the season.
But NO NO. He has decided he wants to stay here for at least 1 more year of torture and misery.
That alone should tell you that his tenure here is all about Herm - Not about you, me, KC, and the Chiefs organization.
Herm is a decent person - but not real decent. Look how he dismissed Casey Weigmann last year; and how he won't dismiss himself this year by putting all the blame for losing 23/25 games on his players and none on the coaching staff.
If Pioli doesn't see Herm as a terrible head coach, Clark made a terrible mistake in this hire....

Hayvern
01-16-2009, 08:52 PM
you seriously believe that this is all happening because people stopped buying T shirts?? :lol: :lol:

They stopped buying BEER, opting to sneak theirs into the stadium instead!:yahoo:

tornadospotter
01-16-2009, 09:03 PM
They stopped buying BEER, opting to sneak theirs into the stadium instead!:yahoo:
Who would do such a thing?:yahoo: