PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones' Lawyer Questions Treatment Of Vick

Sweets
07-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Michael Vick's indictment on charges he was part of a dogfighting ring might lead to questions about the consistency of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's new conduct policy. The NFL statement after the Atlanta Falcons quarterback's federal indictment Tuesday cautioned that "Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts. To some, that appears at odds with the season-long suspension of Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, who has two felony trials pending. Charges hadn't been filed in one of those cases when Goodell levied the suspension. "I feel like they made us a poster boy to set an example," Jones' attorney, Manny Arora, said Thursday. "It seems patently unfair." "You can say he's had more mix-ups with the law ... but he hasn't been convicted," Arora said.

Source: Tom Weir, USA Today (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070720/SPORTS01/707200430/1328/SPORTS)

Sweets
07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
If I was Pacman's lawyer I'd jump on this crap too...Goodell, you're looking really bad right about now my man....

chief31
07-20-2007, 01:16 PM
How long, after Pacmans charges, did his suspension get issued? Wouldn't it be fair to give the league, the same amount of time, to come up with a penalty, for Vick?

Sweets
07-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Come up with a penalty??? He's been indicted, honestly I don't think Goodell needs to think about a penalty...

mmmmmmmmmmm, lets see Pacman 1year suspension no pay for what, not being convicted or indicted..now Vick, nothing so far even to the point of the team "asking" him if he wants to take a LOA(leave of absence) while he's in this mess, and the man has lied to Goodell, and been indicted.....what's there to think about?

Sweets
07-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I found this looking around ESPN and thought it was funny considering Goodell and his office has been so quietly absent since the Vick thing came to light. Read it and tell me that this should'nt pertain to Vick the dog killer as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2832015

"We must protect the integrity of the NFL," commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "The highest standards of conduct must be met by everyone in the NFL because it is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right. These players, and all members of our league, have to make the right choices and decisions in their conduct on a consistent basis."
In a letter to each player, Goodell wrote: "Your conduct has brought embarrassment and ridicule upon yourself, your club, and the NFL, and has damaged the reputation of players throughout the league. You have put in jeopardy an otherwise promising NFL career, and have risked both your own safety and the safety of others through your off-field actions. In each of these respects, you have engaged in conduct detrimental to the NFL and failed to live up to the standards expected of NFL players. Taken as a whole, this conduct warrants significant sanction."

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Come up with a penalty??? He's been indicted, honestly I don't think Goodell needs to think about a penalty...

mmmmmmmmmmm, lets see Pacman 1year suspension no pay for what, not being convicted or indicted..now Vick, nothing so far even to the point of the team "asking" him if he wants to take a LOA(leave of absence) while he's in this mess, and the man has lied to Goodell, and been indicted.....what's there to think about?

BRING IT MOMMA!!!!!!!

Sweets
07-20-2007, 02:00 PM
This type of **** just infuriates me to no end, be fair to all or unfair to all but be consistent damn it.

I remember when all this crap was going down with Pacman and fans from all over were all ready to hang the guy, now with Vick, it's a wait and see what happens in the judicial department before we make a move, F* that...come on Goodell make another brilliant statement about the way players are disrespecting the NFL and let them be another Darling of the NFL and let them slide as well, you f*ing clown!!!

Canada
07-20-2007, 06:09 PM
So then what do you do if Vick is found innocent? Any cop or lawyer who hates a team of player can ruin a season by pulling a guy over and saying "you look drunk" or i think you are a drug dealer. Would it be right if you were charged with a crime and suspended from your job before getting a fair trial. Remember Pac Man was involved in over a dozen investigations, was warned to stay out of trouble and was with the same group of guys
at a shooting at a strip club. I am not saying that Vick should not be punished, maybe they should have waited for Pac Man's trial too. I am not the judge of that but look at what happened to Tank Johnson in Chicago. No one complains about that of says that isn't fair.

Chiefster
07-20-2007, 08:09 PM
It does seem a bit inconsistent, but as Canada stated the two examples are not exactly mirror images of each other. Don't get me wrong, personally I think Goodell outta have him hung up by his buster browns; but it's easy for me to say that - I can't stand Vick. :D

chief31
07-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Again, let's give it just a little bit of time. Geez, the indictment was released this week. Why the rush? There's no doubt that something will be done, long before the season starts.

And who, on Earth, would try to use this, as a defense for Adam Jones? They are two different cases and "Pac-Man" Doesn't have a leg to stand on, when comparing the two.

Michael Vick is an animal abuser and he will get what's coming to him. I'm not saying we should wait out the entire legal process. I'm saying give the commish some time, to talk wiith everyone who has a stake in the matter. Let him hear all sides of the issue, as it pertains to the NFL.

It is irrational to be jumping down the guys throat, three days after the indictment is issued.

Sweets
07-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Pacman Jones was never tried yet he's sitting out for a year without pay and you guys are crying over Michael Vick..get a damn grip.

Canada what trial for Pacman???? He was singled out as a thug and is now the PosterBoy for everything that is wrong with the NFL and people are talking about letting Vick take a PAID leave of absence....Pacman was never indicted or had a trial for anything just Goodell throwing his weight around to show he wasn't Tagilabue, well guess what now he's going to wait and see...he's just as bad as Tag was....

Canada
07-20-2007, 11:52 PM
AS VEGAS -- Suspended NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7182) will surrender to authorities in Nevada and fight felony charges in a strip club melee that preceded a triple shooting, his lawyers said Thursday

The trial that he will have for this

Sweets
07-21-2007, 01:35 AM
AS VEGAS -- Suspended NFL player Adam "Pacman" Jones (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7182) will surrender to authorities in Nevada and fight felony charges in a strip club melee that preceded a triple shooting, his lawyers said Thursday

The trial that he will have for this

Canada this was after he was already suspended and surrendering doesn't mean he's guilty of anything, the DNA test that they ran came up negative, so the person that said Pacman bit him is a liar and looking for a payday IMO, and it's already been said that Pacman wasn't the one that shot the gun so again....why is he suspended without pay and Vick is not???? Last time I checked it wasn't a felony to have stupid and bad friends.

Canada
07-21-2007, 10:11 AM
...as I said, maybe they should have waited until pac man goes to trial as well.

Canada
07-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Canada this was after he was already suspended and surrendering doesn't mean he's guilty of anything, the DNA test that they ran came up negative, so the person that said Pacman bit him is a liar and looking for a payday IMO, and it's already been said that Pacman wasn't the one that shot the gun so again....why is he suspended without pay and Vick is not???? Last time I checked it wasn't a felony to have stupid and bad friends.

No, it's not. Unless they are committing felonies. I guess he is going to have to live with the consequences of having those friends.

Sweets
07-21-2007, 02:17 PM
If your friends committed a felony would you expect your job to be notified??? Hardly. Would you expect to be arrested just to be questioned, again hardly, of course he's going to have to live with it...duh, he is on a year suspension with no pay...could you afford that just because you were with your friends???? I'm not saying he's a saint but this is just not fair no charges, no indictments no nothing...bogus

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 02:17 PM

It may not be a felony but this goes back to ther beginning of time!!! Sometimes when you hang out with the wrong people, you get in trouble for just being around them when they do something wrong. Guilt by association!!!! Been happenin forever!!!

Besides, this dudes a piece of **** too!!! He's been quoted by witnesses at these clubs sayin" don't you know who i am?" Throwin thousands of dollars up in the air at these strippers and then when he leaves he wants his money back saying" it was just a joke"! Then when he doesn't get his money, he tell his boys to beat someones *** or blast someone. Someone needs to kick the **** out of this punk!

These idiots don't deserve to be payed the money the get paid. Their just thugs who got a break and their true character is shinin bright! :character00265: This is the real Pacman Jones and Micheal Vick! It runs deep in Vicks family!

Sweets
07-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Drunk unless you were there you can't say that Pacman told anyone to go beat up someone....come on

If we kicked the **** out of everyone that had stupid friends or did something wrong unless YOU'RE God, we would all get the **** beat out of us...As I said, Pacman isn't a saint but fair for one is fair for everyone....and Pacman and Vick are not being treated the same..

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Drunk unless you were there you can't say that Pacman told anyone to go beat up someone....come on

If we kicked the **** out of everyone that had stupid friends or did something wrong unless YOU'RE God, we would all get the **** beat out of us...As I said, Pacman isn't a saint but fair for one is fair for everyone....and Pacman and Vick are not being treated the same..

I wasn't there but SEVERAL eye witnesses were! Are they all lying? Come on sweets! This dude has been in more trouble than you can shake a stick at! Throwin punches at cops ect.......anyway. GUILT BY ASSOCIATION is real!! You know how it is, these dudes start makin bank and they bring all their boys from home to hang out and they just start causin trouble!

What's that old saying??? You can take the boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy??? I think that is true. Whether your black, white, mexican, asian whatever!

He put hisself in these situations so maybe he's just stupid!!! I think this is obvious but when you do stupid things there are consequences!!!

Canada
07-21-2007, 03:44 PM
If your friends committed a felony would you expect your job to be notified??? Hardly. Would you expect to be arrested just to be questioned, again hardly, of course he's going to have to live with it...duh, he is on a year suspension with no pay...could you afford that just because you were with your friends???? I'm not saying he's a saint but this is just not fair no charges, no indictments no nothing...bogus

If I was in a group of people like the guys who han gout with Jones, then YES!! If he dosen't expect it he is an idiot.

And I am sure that Jones was tipping the waitress while a dozen felonies were being comitted by his group of friends. I can understand that you want Vick punished, but don't sit here and tell me Jones does not deserve the treatment he is getting.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 07:38 PM
If I was in a group of people like the guys who han gout with Jones, then YES!! If he dosen't expect it he is an idiot.

And I am sure that Jones was tipping the waitress while a dozen felonies were being comitted by his group of friends. I can understand that you want Vick punished, but don't sit here and tell me Jones does not deserve the treatment he is getting.

Agreed! With actions come consequences; these guys need to get that through their thick skulls.

Sweets
07-22-2007, 03:02 AM

You're sure????? wow all the way in Canada and you know exactly what happened??? Who killed Hoffa????Excuse me??? don't sit there and say Jones doesn't deserve it???? I never said he didn't deserve it, I said that if Pacman is sitting out a year with no pay for basically having thug friends and not being convicted or indicted, then why is Vick not sitting out with no pay for even longer considering he's been indicted...

I am not going to go over this again...believe what you want and I'll do the same..

Drunk, so called witnesses said Pacman bit that guy yet WOW, shock of shocks it's not his DNA...I'm just saying what we read in the paper isn't all necessarily true, eye witnesses at a strip club at 3:30am, yet I guess they are reputable..hahhahahahaha

chief31
07-22-2007, 04:38 AM
This sin't about breaking the law. It's about breaking the NFL players conduct rules. Pacman did it several times. This is the first time Vick has been accused. Pacman wasn't suspended for breaking the law, because it is not certain, that he did. But, it is clear, that he broke the rules, of the NFL players conduct rules, repeatedly.

As similar as it looks, to some, the NFLs involvement, is entirely different. If you want the league to treat them the same, then appearently, you want Vick to serve no suspension. What was Pacmans suspension, for his first offense, of breaking the leagues rules?

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 04:39 AM
I love this thread!

DrunkHillbilly
07-22-2007, 06:01 AM
You're sure????? wow all the way in Canada and you know exactly what happened??? Who killed Hoffa????Excuse me??? don't sit there and say Jones doesn't deserve it???? I never said he didn't deserve it, I said that if Pacman is sitting out a year with no pay for basically having thug friends and not being convicted or indicted, then why is Vick not sitting out with no pay for even longer considering he's been indicted...

I am not going to go over this again...believe what you want and I'll do the same..

Drunk, so called witnesses said Pacman bit that guy yet WOW, shock of shocks it's not his DNA...I'm just saying what we read in the paper isn't all necessarily true, eye witnesses at a strip club at 3:30am, yet I guess they are reputable..hahhahahahaha

Probably about as reputable as Pacman!!!! Don't get it twisted! You know as well as I do nothin good happens at 3:oo in the mornin! These dudes need to get a grip and grow up!! Makin millions yet actin like 18 year olds! He needs to be convicted....of being a dumbasssssssssss! Trust me, this will not be the last time you here of Pacman being in trouble with the law! He is a thug! No way around it. I bet he gets in trouble during the year he sits out! I don't need to read the paper, see it on tv or hear it on the radio to know that this tool is destined for the slammer!!

Canada
07-22-2007, 09:23 AM

I guess we get the made up news in Canada, while all the "real" news goes to you. I was under the impression the Jones has been involved in several police investigations, but now I see you are right. He has done Nothing Wrong and it is an absolute travesty that Jones is sitting out at all. It is not fair to punish such a well behaved young man for doing nothing but being around a few shootings. What is the world coming to when a guy can not go out at 3:30 in the morning and innocently stand by while his friends shoot people.

And those stupid witnesses. It could not have been Jones that did the biting. It was in the paper. He was probably knitting something on a nearby park bench and he accidentally bit someone while trying to save an old ladys cat from a tree.

Once again I apologize, my argument was based of the "facts that were in the papers" and the internet and those things just aren;t true. Jones has been treated unfairly and should be allowed to do whatever Micheal Vick does? Just out of curiosity, If Vick gets a two year suspension from the league, should they lengthen Jones' too?

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 11:10 AM
I guess we get the made up news in Canada, while all the "real" news goes to you. I was under the impression the Jones has been involved in several police investigations, but now I see you are right. He has done Nothing Wrong and it is an absolute travesty that Jones is sitting out at all. It is not fair to punish such a well behaved young man for doing nothing but being around a few shootings. What is the world coming to when a guy can not go out at 3:30 in the morning and innocently stand by while his friends shoot people.

And those stupid witnesses. It could not have been Jones that did the biting. It was in the paper. He was probably knitting something on a nearby park bench and he accidentally bit someone while trying to save an old ladys cat from a tree.

Once again I apologize, my argument was based of the "facts that were in the papers" and the internet and those things just aren;t true. Jones has been treated unfairly and should be allowed to do whatever Micheal Vick does? Just out of curiosity, If Vick gets a two year suspension from the league, should they lengthen Jones' too?

LOL!!!

Hey we all make mistakes. :)
j/k