PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Thigpen & Michael Crabtree Love Thread

vqman
01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
I think we've got a great QB here..

Kid had more touchdown passes than fan favorite Big Ben Roethlisberger and wait, less interceptions too. Ok, so Ben had 46 more pass attempts but still...

Then you can look at things like mobility, Big Ben was sacked 46 times last year. Thigpen was only sacked 26 times. Oh but Big Ben rushed for 2 scores!! and Tyler Thigpen rushed for 3 and CAUGHT a 37 yard touchdown pass too.

I think given Tyler is a 1st year QB and playing on a terrible team with no running game.. oh yeah, did I mention that Roethlisberger had a running game to help his passing game?? well given that Tyler is a 1st year QB with Tony G as his only reliable target, I think he did fantastic..

Now lets go draft Crabtree #3 and put Bowe as our #2 receiver and watch Thigpen really shine..... of course we'll need a little O-Line help....

I just think because of the 2-14 season that Thigpen doesn't get the credit he deserves as a fabulous QB...

Nel Toille
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I was a major Crabtree booster not long ago but now I'm thinking Shonn Greene. I just started watching highlights of this kid and WOW! He reminds me a lot of LJ but he's so much quicker on his feet and can use any part of his body to power through someone. LJ topples down like a straw hut in a hurricane unless he's able to lower his shoulder. Greene is a power back with quickness and we should take him. We can always address other needs in FA.

hometeam
01-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Bowe is a #1 reciever. You can get good recievers in free agency or the lower rounds.. we need OL or D for our 1st round pick. yuk recievers!

I dont know if Thigpen is 'fabulous' but he did well considering the circumstances.

Three7s
01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Bowe is a #1 reciever. You can get good recievers in free agency or the lower rounds.. we need OL or D for our 1st round pick. yuk recievers!

I dont know if Thigpen is 'fabulous' but he did well considering the circumstances.
Bowe has the potential to be a POSSIBLE #1 receiver, but he better learn how to catch first.

hometeam
01-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Bowe has the potential to be a POSSIBLE #1 receiver, but he better learn how to catch first.

I can agree with this~ But 1st round wideout or QB pick is a waste IMO. Then again, there is a reason (lots) that I am not an NFL GM :P

ChiefsFanFromNY
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Crabtree at #3...No thanks

leaves
01-14-2009, 08:24 PM
I'd be good with Crabtree, and I'd love to have Shonn Greene, but he'll be there in later rounds so that shouldn't matter. The only thing bout gettin Crabtree is that this (bowe) young wr who we got to be our guy is gonna be pushed aside. It could become a hairy situation.

Pro_Angler
01-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I think we've got a great QB here..

Kid had more touchdown passes than fan favorite Big Ben Roethlisberger and wait, less interceptions too. Ok, so Ben had 46 more pass attempts but still...

Then you can look at things like mobility, Big Ben was sacked 46 times last year. Thigpen was only sacked 26 times. Oh but Big Ben rushed for 2 scores!! and Tyler Thigpen rushed for 3 and CAUGHT a 37 yard touchdown pass too.

I think given Tyler is a 1st year QB and playing on a terrible team with no running game.. oh yeah, did I mention that Roethlisberger had a running game to help his passing game?? well given that Tyler is a 1st year QB with Tony G as his only reliable target, I think he did fantastic..

Now lets go draft Crabtree #3 and put Bowe as our #2 receiver and watch Thigpen really shine..... of course we'll need a little O-Line help....

I just think because of the 2-14 season that Thigpen doesn't get the credit he deserves as a fabulous QB...

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN READING MY MANY POSTS cRABTREE OR BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nel Toille
01-14-2009, 08:40 PM
I'd be good with Crabtree, and I'd love to have Shonn Greene, but he'll be there in later rounds so that shouldn't matter.
I doubt it. Right now he's ranked behind Knowshon Moreno and Beanie Wells. Knowshon isn't a featured back and Beanie has scary power but he's not as quick as Green. By the time the first round is over, at least three or four backs will have been selected so I doubt Shonn Greene is there in the second. He's a first round talent.

leaves
01-14-2009, 08:57 PM
I believe he's a first round talent but I'm not sure he'll b e taken in the first. He is from Iowa, and all the other teams will be expecting him to stick around for sometime too. Not to mention there is still McCoy, Spiller, and Brown around the same place as him.

Can you honestly imagine drafting Shonn #3?

slimdagreat
01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
I doubt it. Right now he's ranked behind Knowshon Moreno and Beanie Wells. Knowshon isn't a featured back and Beanie has scary power but he's not as quick as Green. By the time the first round is over, at least three or four backs will have been selected so I doubt Shonn Greene is there in the second. He's a first round talent.

People said the same thing about Steve Slaton last season.

vqman
01-14-2009, 10:36 PM
The thread was originally a Tyler Thigpen love thread, and I got all excited thinking about a legit Moss/Fitzgerald/Owens type of receiver for him to throw to.. (and I don't think Bowe is of that caliber) but yes we'd be better off with a top notch defensive player at #3, or better yet, lets trade down and get a few more pics for a smaller signing bonus and increase our chances of success with a rookie... Unless Pioli has his eye on a player that he can't live without...

Nel Toille
01-14-2009, 10:47 PM
I believe he's a first round talent but I'm not sure he'll b e taken in the first. He is from Iowa, and all the other teams will be expecting him to stick around for sometime too. Not to mention there is still McCoy, Spiller, and Brown around the same place as him.

Can you honestly imagine drafting Shonn #3?
We'll see. I think his stock will increase significantly by draft day. The one thing he has over every other back in the draft is his ability to break tackles. No one else can stay on their feet like Greene. We need a bruiser and Spiller's not a bruiser. Brown is tough but I'd rather have Greene in on fourth and one. I don't think we'll draft a QB so McCoy is out of the question in my mind.

People said the same thing about Steve Slaton last season.
And...? Slaton had a good year. He was injured for a bit and slid off the last couple of games but if you're trying to say he's a bust, you're way off.

Nel Toille
01-14-2009, 10:55 PM
sorry, slimdagreat, I just realised what you were trying to say. You were reffering to Slaton's draft position, not his production... haha. I thought it was weird anyone would question his production. I don't remember anyone saying he'd be a first rounder.

whodachefs?
01-14-2009, 11:00 PM
If we keep herm and don't draft crabtree im going to be really pissed off

debearzz
01-15-2009, 12:40 AM
Just so you guys know, there isn't much demand for runningbacks this year in the high rounds. Shonn will probably go in the 2nd round. Maybe even the third.

Big Daddy Tek
01-15-2009, 12:53 AM
If we keep herm and don't draft crabtree im going to be really pissed off

Thats funny, because thats exactly what I want to happen. What in the hell are we gonna do with Crabtree? We have the worst DL in football. Not one guy on the right side of the O-line that should be starting and only 1 linebacker thats any good and even he was very dissapointing this year. For the Chiefs, Picking Crabtree would be one of the worst decisions in NFL history!

Xploder
01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
I for one want crabtree with the third pick. yeah we have other needs but in all honesty there is not a linman off. or def. thats a gotta have man there is no ILB. this 1st pick will be a luxury pick and I think crabtree is the man he has great hands and quick I dont know about a #1 reciver but definatlly No. 2. I believe our key positions needed you need to get these guys in FA guys who have proven they can do the job we need some leadership in the locker room. I say the job next year is Thigpens he deserved it we can draft a QB in the later rounds to give thigy some compitition but the job is his to lose.

m0ef0e
01-15-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't want to draft any offensive player other than a lineman that may be worth it with our first pick. There are some good LB's out there. I'd much rather snag one of those than Crabtree.

yashi
01-15-2009, 12:55 PM
So what happens when Crabtree is the next Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Reggie Williams, Charles Rogers, David Terrell, Peter Warrick, or Travis Taylor? Not only would he be a bust, but he wouldn't be better than either of our top 2 WRs. At least with an OT, even if he's a bust there's a good chance he'd be an upgrade over McIntosh on the right side.

I think Crabtree will have a good career. I don't know if he'll be the next Fitzgerald or whatever, but what I do know is that the Lions have Calvin Johnson and they won 0 games this season. History dictates that offensive linemen are far more important to putting wins on the board than receivers.

I'd love to see a Bowe/Crabtree receiving corp, but I'd much rather watch a winning football team with Bowe/Bradley over a losing one with Bowe/Crabtree.

leaves
01-15-2009, 01:19 PM
We'll see. I think his stock will increase significantly by draft day. The one thing he has over every other back in the draft is his ability to break tackles. No one else can stay on their feet like Greene. We need a bruiser and Spiller's not a bruiser. Brown is tough but I'd rather have Greene in on fourth and one. I don't think we'll draft a QB so McCoy is out of the question in my mind.

And...? Slaton had a good year. He was injured for a bit and slid off the last couple of games but if you're trying to say he's a bust, you're way off.

I'm talking about LeSean McCoy. And I think he was
talking about how Slaton was expected to do better in the draft, but has been successful not being one. When I talk about all of the backs, I mean the ones that other teams would look it, KC needs a powerback but certain teams do not.

Nel Toille
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm talking about LeSean McCoy. And I think he was
talking about how Slaton was expected to do better in the draft, but has been successful not being one.
Ah. I haven't see much of LeSean so I wouldn't know. I have a hard time seeing why most of these other RBs are ranked so much higher than Greene when I think he's by far the most prototypical every down type back in the draft. I think he's special and I know it would be a reach drafting him but I'd rather do it early than wait and have him be gone later. I could easily see us trading down and picking him up as well.

Bike
01-15-2009, 06:59 PM
No way I go after Crabtree. With the offensive line talent available in the 1st round and with our desperate need of OL, I say we pick Smith, Oher, or Monroe. I don't see how we could go wrong with picking any of the above...

Chief Tyler
01-15-2009, 07:17 PM
We still have to see if the Chiefs do something in free agency this year, and with a new GM I'm a bit excited to see what happens. If we could sign a guy like Jordan Gross, drafting Crabtree high and trading up a few spots for Alex Mack or taking Max Unger wouldn't be a bad scenario in my opinion.

Albert, Waters, Gross, Mack/Unger up front with Crabtree and Bowe outwide and Charles/LJ (hopefully not) or Shonn Greene in the back. Happy happy thoughts.

Bike
01-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Too many holes. Draft OL and shore up front 7 with FA...

Big Daddy Tek
01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
I for one want crabtree with the third pick. yeah we have other needs but in all honesty there is not a linman off. or def. thats a gotta have man there is no ILB. this 1st pick will be a luxury pick and I think crabtree is the man he has great hands and quick I dont know about a #1 reciver but definatlly No. 2. I believe our key positions needed you need to get these guys in FA guys who have proven they can do the job we need some leadership in the locker room. I say the job next year is Thigpens he deserved it we can draft a QB in the later rounds to give thigy some compitition but the job is his to lose.

??? This might be the best offensive tackle draft ever. their is three must have guys and Aaron curry will be the best LB to come out in a while. Crabtree would be a bad pick

leaves
01-15-2009, 11:39 PM
for a while, do you mean a year or plus? Cuz I'm thinkin Brandon Spikes is gonna be legit next year.

kcmostwanted
01-16-2009, 05:35 PM
This is by far the funniest and most pointless thread!!!!
I've never heard of Shonn Greene at #3 or Michael Crabtree at #3 before, and I hope I never hear it again.

We literally have 3 spots on the OL to fill... the only bright spots are: Albert and Waters.

We have 2 spots on the DL to fill (I'm assuming Hali and Dorsey will live up to their expectations this year)

We have only 1 legit LB (and he looked Pedestrian this year).

We have 0000000 depth at CB.

We have 1 legit QB .... (Huard's time is up.. Croyle wouldn't survive HS fball...Ingle Martin is Ingle Martin.. and Quinn Gray is another Journey QB)

So... QB, DL, OL, LB and CB drafts this year should be our priority.

although it seems like they draft freakin TE's, WR's and crappy CB's every year (Carr & Flowers are an exception)...

I think Bradley should be a legit #2 for now and hopefully we get to see Will Franklin use his 4.3 speed to stretch the field more this year..

But I say NO Greene and Crabtree at #3 ...

chiefnut
01-16-2009, 06:03 PM
there are enuf "can't miss" OL, DE. LB available in top 15 pix, the only way to screw it up is to pik crabtree. Monroe, Oher, Smith at OL, Selvie, Hardy, Jackson, Middleton DE, Maulaga, Cushing LB,
the really interesting pix will be in the 2-7th rounds. Connor Barwin DE/cincy, Jerry Hughes DE/tcu may be replacements for allen.
could be a good idea to explore a trade down w/all of the good OL in the 1st round.

hardcorechiefsfan
01-17-2009, 01:09 AM
I think we've got a great QB here...
I think Thiggie Pop is good but he lacks something. He has a little of what the players have - the inability to play after the halftime.

I agree with you on Thigpen but it doesn't matter because most of the games ended in a loss anyway.

Bowe being a #1 reciever? When he isn't dropping balls or missing catches that he should have caught, I'd say that he was an ok reciever. That's far from #1.

So what happens when Crabtree is the next Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Reggie Williams, Charles Rogers, David Terrell, Peter Warrick, or Travis Taylor? Not only would he be a bust, but he wouldn't be better than either of our top 2 WRs. At least with an OT, even if he's a bust there's a good chance he'd be an upgrade over McIntosh on the right side.

I think Crabtree will have a good career. I don't know if he'll be the next Fitzgerald or whatever, but what I do know is that the Lions have Calvin Johnson and they won 0 games this season. History dictates that offensive linemen are far more important to putting wins on the board than receivers.

I'd love to see a Bowe/Crabtree receiving corp, but I'd much rather watch a winning football team with Bowe/Bradley over a losing one with Bowe/Crabtree.
I would love another Priest, he was beautiful at what he did. It was a shame he got his knee messed up.

windwalker
01-22-2009, 08:56 AM
The link below is an interview with Tyler Thigpen from our local Myrtle Beach TV station.

http://www.carolinalive.com/sports/video.aspx?id=249347

theaxeeffect4311
01-22-2009, 10:25 AM
I think Thiggie Pop is good but he lacks something. He has a little of what the players have - the inability to play after the halftime.

I agree with you on Thigpen but it doesn't matter because most of the games ended in a loss anyway.

Bowe being a #1 reciever? When he isn't dropping balls or missing catches that he should have caught, I'd say that he was an ok reciever. That's far from #1.

I would love another Priest, he was beautiful at what he did. It was a shame he got his knee messed up.

I think it had more to do with the play-calling in the second half than Thigpen playing poorly. Thigpen may not be the answer at QB, but give him a chance for a season. Let him be the QB for a season and see where he turns out. Since the Chiefs changed the offense halfway through the season, he did not have the time he would if he went through the off-season and training camp learning the offense and playbook. If he still does not win, then we can draft a QB in 2010. If he turns into a star at QB, then we saved ourselves another draft pick.

Bowe can be a #1 receiver. He had a bit of a slump year with many dropped passes, but it is one of those things I think he will work on in the off-season. Wait until next season until you decide what kind of player Bowe is.

yashi
01-22-2009, 11:18 AM
I think it's pretty simple... If we stay with a shotgun heavy offense, Thigpen could turn into something special. If we don't, there's a good chance it's not going to work out. Before switching to the spread, I really never saw anything from Thigpen that suggested he could start in the NFL.

Obviously that's changed, but I still worry about how he'll look if he has to play under center more. And in fairness, he had about half a second to get rid of the ball every play... so you could argue that anything we saw before the Jets game was meaningless.

prough91
01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
I think it had more to do with the play-calling in the second half than Thigpen playing poorly. Thigpen may not be the answer at QB, but give him a chance for a season. Let him be the QB for a season and see where he turns out. Since the Chiefs changed the offense halfway through the season, he did not have the time he would if he went through the off-season and training camp learning the offense and playbook. If he still does not win, then we can draft a QB in 2010. If he turns into a star at QB, then we saved ourselves another draft pick.

Bowe can be a #1 receiver. He had a bit of a slump year with many dropped passes, but it is one of those things I think he will work on in the off-season. Wait until next season until you decide what kind of player Bowe is.

I remember a lot of people were ready to call TG a bust after his second season when he dropped all those passes. Remember?