PDA

View Full Version : LJ holding out...

m0ef0e
07-20-2007, 02:25 PM
I can't say I'm surprised but I can't say I'm not disappointed either.

Larry Johnson seems like he has never been content in Kansas City. I don't know what his problem with the organization is but I wish they would either get it resolved or get what they can for him and send LJ packing to another team. While I don't want to see him go, realistically Johnson would be better served to go somewhere with a more established offense.

The Chiefs' line has weakened considerably over the last few years and the quarterback and receiver squads are still largely young and unproven. While we do have a few veteran players in those squads, the only one I'm expecting much from is Huard. Kennison should be solid but can't be leaned on for very much because of his age. Sammie Parker still has some stepping up to do in my opinion.

The only players I'm personally excited about watching on offense this year for the Chiefs are Huard and Tony G. Tony because he's going for Sharpe's record and Huard because it seems he feels he still has a lot to showcase on the NFL stage. That being said, I want to be clear about the fact that LJ is a phenomenal player and I still look forward to following him his entire career. I just don't think he is going to have a career year with the Chiefs this season.

Our run game is not going to be nearly effective as it has been in recent years. Waters is still awesome but the loss of Roaf and Shields over the last two seasons is a gaping wound that will be bleeding for some time. This, coupled with Herm's tendency to be so run heavy leads me to think that we may see some offensive struggles from the Chiefs early on. When Johnnson winds up suiting up for the Chiefs this year, (i still believe they will work something out) he will be ridden like the workhorse he is and put up mediocre numbers. This could possibly frustrate Johnson more and breed more dicontent between him and the organization.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and we smash the ball down everybody's throats! However, what will happen if LJ refuses to even play for the Chiefs anymore like Lance Briggs in Chicago? Will we have had to foresight to draft or sign another running back? Will we be left to scramble to find someone else Herm can ride into the dirt? Herm is a really good coach and I love smashmouth football. My favorite thing to watch is an all-pro running back navigate through the heat of the battle. However, I don't know if Edwards' style is right for the tools we have right now. I think that maybe Huard-Gonzo and Huard-Bowe/Parker/Kennison might be our bread and butter this year. That is if Huard even gets the nod over Croyle. I think he will.

On a bright note, I think our defense will be badass. Period. I'll go ahead out on this limb and say top 8 in the league at the end of the year. Look for some picks and big hits from the linebacker squad.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Didn't he already break Sharpe's record?

m0ef0e
07-20-2007, 02:34 PM
I thought he still needed one to tie and two to break it. Could be wrong though. I'm gonna go check.

m0ef0e
07-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Just checked on ESPN.com and Tony is still behind Sharpe by 1 TD reception for his career. Tony has 61 and Sharpe has 62.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Just checked on ESPN.com and Tony is still behind Sharpe by 1 TD reception for his career. Tony has 61 and Sharpe has 62.

Man I hated that horse faced lookin ******* and still do! He used to TORCH us everytime we played but damn he was good!!

Sweets
07-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Horsefaced??? I thought he was talking about Sharpe not Elway...lol

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Horsefaced??? I thought he was talking about Sharpe not Elway...lol

Dude, Elway could eat corn through a picket fence!!!!

Sweets
07-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah but, Sharpe is just ugly and foul, Elway is the horse..hahahaahah

Canada
07-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah but, Sharpe is just ugly and foul, Elway is the horse..hahahaahah

Donkey

Chiefster
07-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Donkey

Yep!!!

m0ef0e, I just got home from work and have not heard any news about this. Did you hear this on the radio; news broadcast, or read it on the net? Has LJ for certain stated that he is definitely holding out?

wolfpack
07-21-2007, 11:26 AM
i sure hope our "d" can crack the top 15 of defenses this year. we`ll need it with the ofense we have. but never know, bennet and company might surprise us.

chief31
07-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I think we need more than that. Last years defense finished sixteenth, in yards allowed. And eleventh, in points allowed.

m0ef0e
07-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Sorry, hadn't had a chance to log back on til now. As far as I know, LJ has said he is going to hold out and with the Chiefs not budging on his $1.9 million salary so far for this year, I believe him. I hope beyond hope that I see Larry running defensive backs over for us this year, tho.

timbok
07-21-2007, 01:32 PM
this could be very bad for the Chiefs
The Chiefs have really no offenseive threat..if there going to last at least 10 games..they NEED JOHNSON

chief31
07-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Sorry, hadn't had a chance to log back on til now. As far as I know, LJ has said he is going to hold out and with the Chiefs not budging on his $1.9 million salary so far for this year, I believe him. I hope beyond hope that I see Larry running defensive backs over for us this year, tho.

Somewhere, on here, there is a report from Adam Schefter, about the Chiefs offering $11 million, in guaranteed money. Probably a low number, for a guy that talented. But an offer, none the less.

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Somewhere, on here, there is a report from Adam Schefter, about the Chiefs offering $11 million, in guaranteed money. Probably a low number, for a guy that talented. But an offer, none the less.

That's about ten times greater then 1.9 mil.

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2007, 03:05 PM
That's about ten times greater then 1.9 mil.

Even so, still a low offer for a guy like him.

On the home page there is an article of LJ at an autoghagh signing and it states"he has still not made up his mind for sure". I believe the signing was just a few days back.??

m0ef0e
07-21-2007, 04:19 PM
I would say the 11 mil is probably for 2 years or something like that because the average salary for top backs in the league this year is $7.1 mil and is projected to go down to $6.5 mil next season. I read this in an article "Chief Concern" posted on NFL.com yesterday. I actually think someone cc'ed the article into a post on here. I'll look for it and list the post if I can find it because I could not find the article on NFL's site earlier today. $11 mil may be for one season after signing bonuses. I don't know if the average salary figures listed include all signing bonuses or not until I get another chance to glance at the article so I could be wrong.

EDIT: I found the article I thought was the same one I read from NFL.com under the post "LJ trade rumors" but it's not the same. The one on NFL's web site was really informative. Will keep looking for it and link it when I find it.

m0ef0e
07-21-2007, 06:39 PM
I couldn't find the article I was talking about. I don't know if they pulled it or what but it's not in the news archives for this week or anywhere on the site anymore that I could see. But, you can trust me! I swear I saw it! :trans13:

Chiefster
07-21-2007, 08:16 PM

Hello back, and no need for apologies; post when ya can, as much as ya can. :)

Even so, still a low offer for a guy like him.

On the home page there is an article of LJ at an autoghagh signing and it states"he has still not made up his mind for sure". I believe the signing was just a few days back.??

True but it is still more then he is getting now; I believe it is unrealistic of him to expect LT money from King Carl. I've said it before: we need to either pay him or trade him.

chief31
07-22-2007, 02:14 AM
I couldn't find the article I was talking about. I don't know if they pulled it or what but it's not in the news archives for this week or anywhere on the site anymore that I could see. But, you can trust me! I swear I saw it! :trans13:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10262309

Chiefster
07-22-2007, 06:00 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10262309

You are the MAN!!!

m0ef0e
07-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Awesome dude! Thanks for the link. I looked and looked and.... well u get the picture :sign0140:

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Right now the two sides are somewhere $14 million in guaranteed money apart. Neither is in a compromising mood. Should the staredown continue, speculation about a trade will increase. Green Bay, Tennessee and even the New York Giants each have questions at running back that Johnson would help answer. A trade is a possibility here, an outcome that could appease all sides.

This, I think, is certainly possible at this point, however, unlikely. IMO

DrunkHillbilly
07-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Won't happen.

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Won't happen.

I think so too, but is not out of the realm of possibility though.

DrunkHillbilly
07-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Hell, with Carl Plummer, anything is possible!!!!

The Plummer reference is a thing me and my buddies use to refer to anyone that sucks!!!! We had the Eli Plummer thing going for quite a while last season!

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Hell, with Carl Plummer, anything is possible!!!!

The Plummer reference is a thing me and my buddies use to refer to anyone that sucks!!!! We had the Eli Plummer thing going for quite a while last season!
Hmmmmm; Herm Plummer????

m0ef0e
07-23-2007, 10:19 PM
easy guys. lol

Canada
07-23-2007, 10:20 PM
yeah...lets get us a coach that dosen't take us to the playoffs. Down with Herm!!

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 10:29 PM
yeah...lets get us a coach that dosen't take us to the playoffs. Down with Herm!!

Tastes great!!!

Canada
07-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Tastes great!!!

mmmm.....beer
:toast2:

Chiefster
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
mmmm.....beer
:toast2:

Hehehehe!!!

Guru
07-24-2007, 02:29 AM
Donkey

Jackass

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 02:36 AM
Jackass

Great, word association!

Denver

chief31
07-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Great, word association!

Denver

Jackass. I can't think of anything else.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Jackass. I can't think of anything else.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11657#post11657

chief31
07-24-2007, 11:57 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11657#post11657

Oh, sure. Everyone else gets to play, but NOOOOOOO not MEEEEEE. :character0065:

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Oh, sure. Everyone else gets to play, but NOOOOOOO not MEEEEEE. :character0065:

Less filling. :p

chief31
07-24-2007, 12:00 PM
NO! I don't even want to play your game of " Hijack the Thread" anymore!Lol.

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
NO! I don't even want to play your game of " Hijack the Thread" anymore!Lol.

Oh no; they're onto me! :D

Coach
07-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Sounds like the Giants could be a suitor. Would you accept a trade of Eli Manning for Larry Johnson?

Canada
07-24-2007, 10:37 PM
NO!!! I Hate Eli!! Never, now way, not happening, even If I have to come down there and stop that s$@t from happening myself. I will run out of the stands and take Eli out myself. He can kiss my ***. Peyton maybe, but Eli FORGET IT!!

Chiefster
07-24-2007, 11:42 PM
NO!!! I Hate Eli!! Never, now way, not happening, even If I have to come down there and stop that s$@t from happening myself. I will run out of the stands and take Eli out myself. He can kiss my ***. Peyton maybe, but Eli FORGET IT!!

LOL!!!

So what I read you saying is that you don't like Eli Manning.

stlchief
07-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Peyton maybe

The only way we have to link back to the NFL of our childhoods is to love those that play for your team and hate those that don't.

When my cousin asked me who I wanted to win it all after the Chiefs were out, I said no one. He said wouldn't it be nice for Peyton to win one. My response? I hope he breaks his leg and ends in the next play-off game.

No Peyton in KC. Ever.

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 01:19 AM
The only way we have to link back to the NFL of our childhoods is to love those that play for your team and hate those that don't.

When my cousin asked me who I wanted to win it all after the Chiefs were out, I said no one. He said wouldn't it be nice for Peyton to win one. My response? I hope he breaks his leg and ends in the next play-off game.

No Peyton in KC. Ever.

Strike two for those named Manning.

m0ef0e
07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
The only way I would even consider getting a QB for Johnson is if we go with somebody fast who can scramble away from all the D-linemen, linebackers, and safeties that will be busting up our back-field now.

EDIT: No Manning! None! Not EVER! I'm still hoping for revenge on the Colts. I wanted to kick their *** at home so bad last year but we all know how that turned out. Too bad we don't play the Giants this year, we could beat up on lil bro some but I guess we gotta wait til week 11 and take our shot a big bro once again.

Canada
07-25-2007, 03:14 PM

No Peyton in KC. Ever.

I am not saying that I like hime, but his chances of winning might be a little better than those of Croyle or Huard.

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 08:00 PM
The only way I would even consider getting a QB for Johnson is if we go with somebody fast who can scramble away from all the D-linemen, linebackers, and safeties that will be busting up our back-field now.

EDIT: No Manning! None! Not EVER! I'm still hoping for revenge on the Colts. I wanted to kick their *** at home so bad last year but we all know how that turned out. Too bad we don't play the Giants this year, we could beat up on lil bro some but I guess we gotta wait til week 11 and take our shot a big bro once again.

Well we did at least win one regular season game (Oct 26, 2004) against Payton and the Colts.

Canada
07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Well we did at least win one regular season game (Oct 26, 2004) against Payton and the Colts.

ouch...

Chiefster
07-25-2007, 09:53 PM
ouch...

Tell me about it.