PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick

texaschief
01-15-2009, 02:49 AM
Any interest? Vick's violation was a first time offense against league policy and probably won't come with anymore suspension time. He'll probably come pretty cheap and could lock down the QB spot for a couple years while we finish building the team to support a true rookie QB.

IMO, the guy wasn't a horrible player. He didn't have a poor locker room attitude. I think he'll be out to prove he's still a good player in this league. He's only 29 and other than his friends in Virginia and Atlanta that got him caught up in that dog crap, he proved to be an elite player. Put him in a city like Kansas City and he'll probably be able to stay out of trouble (although, LJ has proven me wrong).

I'm not sold that he'd be the answer, but I think he's something to think about. I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

Nel Toille
01-15-2009, 03:30 AM
I'm not sold that he'd be the answer, but I think he's something to think about. I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.
I can't buy this. I'm sure Vick has been lifting weights in order to keep the lady-deprived inmates away from his poopshoot but it'll take him a good while to get back into football shape. By that time, he'll be too old to be the type of player he once was. Nobody will ever convince me that he was anything but a good running back who had a decent arm for a running back and there is no way he comes back and has the same speed and agility that he once had. He never was and never will be an elite quarterback. He was a spectacle that sold jerseys.
I can't say that Thigpen is as talented as he was overall but the one thing he has over Vick is heart. You'll never see Thiggy roll over and give up on his team like Vick so often did. And if you question my analysis, just ask any Falcons fan if they'd rather have Matt Ryan or Vick in his prime. Believe me, they forgot all about their beloved #7 once Ryan came to town.

tornadospotter
01-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Any interest? Vick's violation was a first time offense against league policy and probably won't come with anymore suspension time. He'll probably come pretty cheap and could lock down the QB spot for a couple years while we finish building the team to support a true rookie QB.

IMO, the guy wasn't a horrible player. He didn't have a poor locker room attitude. I think he'll be out to prove he's still a good player in this league. He's only 29 and other than his friends in Virginia and Atlanta that got him caught up in that dog crap, he proved to be an elite player. Put him in a city like Kansas City and he'll probably be able to stay out of trouble (although, LJ has proven me wrong).

:sign0153: :mob: :funnypost:

Guru
01-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Ummmmm no. Not only no. But.... Hell NO!!!!:D

brish
01-15-2009, 05:10 AM
Vick had horrible accuracy, and wasn't much of a passer in general.. The recievers in KC seem to have rally'ed(rallied?)behind Thigpen, so taking Vick would be a big mistake tbh. Just look at how Roddy White is performing now that it isn't Vick who is throwing the balls to him..

jtandcrew
01-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Before his arrest? yeah, I would be ok with getting him. After his arrest? NO, we have a new GM, Pres, and prob a CEO. Also, we have a prob with LJ and possibly TG depending on what happens with Herm. Vick would be to big of a distraction atm for this team.

slc chief
01-15-2009, 08:11 AM
no vick sucks this would be the stupidest move ever

jtandcrew
01-15-2009, 08:15 AM
no vick sucks this would be the stupidest move ever

That was what i was getting at

yashi
01-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Only as a backup with a minimal salary.

Chief Tyler
01-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Before his arrest? yeah, I would be ok with getting him. After his arrest? NO, we have a new GM, Pres, and prob a CEO. Also, we have a prob with LJ and possibly TG depending on what happens with Herm. Vick would be to big of a distraction atm for this team.

Aside from whether Vick might be good or not, Pioli says hes big on discipline. Vick may or may not have a bad locker room/field attitude, but your job as an NFL player extends beyond the locker room and he's already proven he isn't disciplined enough to be successful on and off the field in an NFL franchise.

Bike
01-15-2009, 08:55 AM

:sign0153: You can't be serious. Tex, I tend to agree on most of what you post and appreciate your football knowledge. But after this statement, May I ask you to please lay down your pipe and rethink this. Its really irrelavent anyway as Pioli wouldn't in his right mind consider such a dumba$$ move.
If your post was by chance extreme sarcasm - my apologies.

hometeam
01-15-2009, 09:16 AM
no way no how. let him bring the wrong kind of media attention to another franchise.

Hayvern
01-15-2009, 10:25 AM

OK now I am convinced that about 90% that you right on this board is just to get a rise out of the rest of us. You cannot be serious about this on any level. There is no way that Vick would be in the proper shape to compete for Thigpen's job and there is no way this organization needs the media attention that this would bring to the locker room.

In short, if Dallas or the Raiders do not take him, no one will. I don't see any other team in this league considering him even IF Goodall lets him come back to the league.

Pretty funny post though, at least now I know I can laugh at your posts now because they are not really serious.

Canada
01-15-2009, 10:38 AM
What about Vick and LJ sharing a jail cell?!?!

Bike
01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
What about Vick and LJ sharing a jail cell?!?!
Or a brain cell??!!:bananen_smilies046:

hometeam
01-15-2009, 12:18 PM
I could see him ending up at the lions~

leaves
01-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I had actually thought about this in summer, but not now. I like Thigpen, as does Gonz. I think you gotta maintain planning as Thig as the starter, until someone beats him out right. Vick would probably fit the Lions well.

texaschief
01-15-2009, 02:19 PM
I can't buy this. I'm sure Vick has been lifting weights in order to keep the lady-deprived inmates away from his poopshoot but it'll take him a good while to get back into football shape. By that time, he'll be too old to be the type of player he once was. Nobody will ever convince me that he was anything but a good running back who had a decent arm for a running back and there is no way he comes back and has the same speed and agility that he once had. He never was and never will be an elite quarterback. He was a spectacle that sold jerseys.
I can't say that Thigpen is as talented as he was overall but the one thing he has over Vick is heart. You'll never see Thiggy roll over and give up on his team like Vick so often did. And if you question my analysis, just ask any Falcons fan if they'd rather have Matt Ryan or Vick in his prime. Believe me, they forgot all about their beloved #7 once Ryan came to town.

First off, he was in a minimum security prison and didn't have to worry about his "poop shoot." Not every prison is like OZ from HBO. He's also being moved to a half way house this spring and will be in football shape by the time summer practices start. Did I say he'd be better than Matt Ryan or Tyler Thigpen?

Aside from whether Vick might be good or not, Pioli says hes big on discipline. Vick may or may not have a bad locker room/field attitude, but your job as an NFL player extends beyond the locker room and he's already proven he isn't disciplined enough to be successful on and off the field in an NFL franchise.

Josh Hamilton proved the same thing. How's he doing in Texas?

:sign0153: You can't be serious. Tex, I tend to agree on most of what you post and appreciate your football knowledge. But after this statement, May I ask you to please lay down your pipe and rethink this. Its really irrelavent anyway as Pioli wouldn't in his right mind consider such a dumba$$ move.
If your post was by chance extreme sarcasm - my apologies.

This team doesn't have a QB for sure going into next season. Pioli would be a "dumba$$" if he didn't consider, evaluate and exhaust the best options available to him.

OK now I am convinced that about 90% that you right on this board is just to get a rise out of the rest of us. You cannot be serious about this on any level. There is no way that Vick would be in the proper shape to compete for Thigpen's job and there is no way this organization needs the media attention that this would bring to the locker room.

Again, Vick will be in a half-way house this spring and would have enough time to be able to compete for the position.

In short, if Dallas or the Raiders do not take him, no one will. I don't see any other team in this league considering him even IF Goodall lets him come back to the league.

Pretty funny post though, at least now I know I can laugh at your posts now because they are not really serious.

I've posted some of just some of the positives Vick would bring to the QB position in KC. I didn't say I was all gung-ho about it or made up my mind that's who I'd want there. Michael Vick is still going to be a great athlete. If the Chiefs continue with their spread attack or perhaps mix in some "wild cat" sets, Michael Vick would be a great QB to run that offense. Part of why Thigpen was so successful was because he was mobile and able to get out of the pocket. Put a Vince Young or a Michael Vick in that type of system and you'd basically have two guys in Charles and Vick who would be huge homerun threats with the ball in their hands.

Also, if Edwards and his staff DO stay on to coach the team, that means Chan Gailey stays and he had a guy with similar talents in Pittsburgh (Stewart) who he was able to utilize and get the most from. Gailey showed me enough this season with what he was able to do with Thigpen to make me think he could make Vick a successful QB for the Chiefs.

Why wouldn't the Chiefs want publicity? That doesn't make sense to me. They're trying to rejuvenate the fan base and sell tickets. I never said I thought Vick would be the future of the franchise at the QB position, but he'd give the Chiefs a little more time to finish their O-line and would give them a big play maker at the QB position.

Do I think he's the best option or the answer to our QB problem? Not necessarily. But to just throw it out because his name in Michael Vick or because he's been out for a couple seasons is ridiculous. He'll probably be the best FA QB available.

dbolan
01-15-2009, 02:47 PM
If MV makes back into the NFL, he will be either a WR, KR/PR and possibly a reserve QB if the 1 and 2 guy get hurt.

He will be a "Slash", if he is lucky.

Nel Toille
01-15-2009, 02:49 PM
First off, he was in a minimum security prison and didn't have to worry about his "poop shoot." Not every prison is like OZ from HBO. He's also being moved to a half way house this spring and will be in football shape by the time summer practices start. Did I say he'd be better than Matt Ryan or Tyler Thigpen?

HAHAHAHA. Dude, it's called being colorful. If I would have known you were so serious about this then I would have been more serious with my answer. Yes, I know he's in a mininum security prison he's staying near where I grew up. I know all about it, son. My point is he WILL NOT be in football shape when he gets out. Prisons, minimum or maximum security, don't have programs to help professional football players train day in and day out like they require to in order to stay sharp. QBs need the most training in the offseason, looking at tape everyday, working on timing with the recievers. You think he's been doing this? Just because he's been tossing the pigskin with his butt buddies (there I go again) doesn't mean he's anywhere close to football shape. This is real life, not "The Longest Yard". And even if he came back and was the football equivalent of the second coming of jesus christ, I would still rather have a guy like Huard leading the helm any day. Even before Vick's arrest, he was a worthless thug. Nobody question whether or not he could play football but I don't see how you would want this guy on your team let alone at the helm.
Oh and, for the record, you did say Vick "was a better option than Thigpen". Don't try and retract it I read it twice.

texaschief
01-15-2009, 03:11 PM

texaschief
01-15-2009, 03:12 PM
HAHAHAHA. Dude, it's called being colorful. If I would have known you were so serious about this then I would have been more serious with my answer. Yes, I know he's in a mininum security prison he's staying near where I grew up. I know all about it, son. My point is he WILL NOT be in football shape when he gets out. Prisons, minimum or maximum security, don't have programs to help professional football players train day in and day out like they require to in order to stay sharp. QBs need the most training in the offseason, looking at tape everyday, working on timing with the recievers. You think he's been doing this? Just because he's been tossing the pigskin with his butt buddies (there I go again) doesn't mean he's anywhere close to football shape. This is real life, not "The Longest Yard". And even if he came back and was the football equivalent of the second coming of jesus christ, I would still rather have a guy like Huard leading the helm any day. Even before Vick's arrest, he was a worthless thug. Nobody question whether or not he could play football but I don't see how you would want this guy on your team let alone at the helm.
Oh and, for the record, you did say Vick "was a better option than Thigpen". Don't try and retract it I read it twice.

I'm glad you understood what I said. I didn't try to retract it.

Nel Toille
01-15-2009, 03:29 PM
I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

Did I say he'd be better than Matt Ryan or Tyler Thigpen?

I'm glad you understood what I said. I didn't try to retract it.
Okay, McCain, just admit that you are talking out of your @$$ and I'll lay off the subject altogether. Deal?

leaves
01-15-2009, 03:52 PM
we could always grab him and use at wr/kr/pr, jk. I think Vick'll either go to some crap team and help them get to the middle level or not get picked up by anyone.

texaschief
01-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Okay, McCain, just admit that you are talking out of your @$$ and I'll lay off the subject altogether. Deal?

:lol:

Not exactly the crunchiest chip in the bag, are ya?

I said he'd be better than Thigpen. Then, you said:

And if you question my analysis, just ask any Falcons fan if they'd rather have Matt Ryan or Vick in his prime. Believe me, they forgot all about their beloved #7 once Ryan came to town.

You decided to bring in Matt Ryan. I never said he'd be a better option than Matt Ryan. I said he'd be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

Caught up to speed yet? I don't know how else to help you here. I can't draw you pictures like you're accustomed to help you understand words.

Nel Toille
01-15-2009, 04:16 PM
The only reason I can see ANYONE picking him up is if they are looking to get some major publicity no matter what the risk (god, I hope Jerry Jones doesn't read this and get any bright ideas). Any team that does pick him up is putting their franchise's image at risk. The biggest difference between Vick and Josh Hamilton is that Hamilton is a rags to riches story. That's the only reason he can enjoy the success he has now. Vick was probably the most popular player in the NFL at the time of his arrest. His willingness to give up what so many people would kill to have over something so stupid and disgusting ensured his fate. Nobody wants to see him succeed after all this so why would any team give him a chance to do so? Just because someone might think he could still be useful? There are a handfull of players out there right now who can be just as effective as he would be and they don't carry all the baggage. So, what would be the point?

texaschief
01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
The only reason I can see ANYONE picking him up is if they are looking to get some major publicity no matter what the risk (god, I hope Jerry Jones doesn't read this and get any bright ideas). Any team that does pick him up is putting their franchise's image at risk. The biggest difference between Vick and Josh Hamilton is that Hamilton is a rags to riches story. That's the only reason he can enjoy the success he has now. Vick was probably the most popular player in the NFL at the time of his arrest. His willingness to give up what so many people would kill to have over something so stupid and disgusting ensured his fate. Nobody wants to see him succeed after all this so why would any team give him a chance to do so? Just because someone might think he could still be useful? There are a handfull of players out there right now who can be just as effective as he would be and they don't carry all the baggage. So, what would be the point?

Do you even know who Josh Hamilton is? You're telling me a player who was taken #1 out of HS and who took a $3.8 million signing bonus and then subsequently blew it all on crack cocaine is a rags to riches story? wow.

Explain how a first round pick in the NFL who blew it all by fighting dogs is different than a first round pick in MLB who blew it all by smoking crack.

nigeriannightmare
01-15-2009, 05:17 PM

They took a shot with character flaws in New England and it worked out. I'd bet Pioli at least thinks about it. He would come cheap. A buddy of mine, and I use the word loosely, was in the same POD as him in Leavenworth. He said it was a walk in the park, got to do pretty much whatever you wanted. So I don't think the prison thing is gonna mess his head up. He's got a lot to prove which is a good thing and he has paid his debt to society. Screw PETA, i just read that they are trying to change the name fish to sea kitten, to make fish seem more pet like. Whatever, they are a bunch of wackos and could care less if we piss them off.

If he comes cheap, bring it on. I have always liked Michael Vick.

Nel Toille
01-15-2009, 05:34 PM
:lol:

Not exactly the crunchiest chip in the bag, are ya?

I said he'd be better than Thigpen. Then, you said:

You decided to bring in Matt Ryan. I never said he'd be a better option than Matt Ryan. I said he'd be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

Caught up to speed yet? I don't know how else to help you here. I can't draw you pictures like you're accustomed to help you understand words.
If you were trying to get your point accross the way you had intended then it should have looked like this:
"Did I say he was better than Matt Ryan or did I say he was better than Tyler Thigpen?" You could also have gone with: "Did I say he was better than Matt Ryan, or Tyler Thigpen?" If you don't use a comma before "or" the reader will assume you are connecting the two subjects rather than contrasting them. I really don't want to nitpick here but I find it hilarious that you question my ability to read your sentence when you never properly constructed it in the first place.
Let me get back to the subject now. I brought up Matt Ryan because we are in a situation where we are trying to find a QB for the future. You are saying that Vick is a better option than Thigpen when many people believe that the latter could be the answer. Ryan has washed away the memories of Vick in ATL so easily because he has been more productive than Vick ever was. Someone mention earlier about how much better Roddy White is now that Ryan is throwing to him. Now, take a look at Thigpen's numbers since the Jets game and he was arguably more productive than Ryan or Flacco (<-no comma); the two best rookie QBs this year. So why would we take Vick when our QB has been playing just as good, if not better, than the QB who burried the memory of Vick? It just doesn't make sense.

Nel Toille
01-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Do you even know who Josh Hamilton is? You're telling me a player who was taken #1 out of HS and who took a $3.8 million signing bonus and then subsequently blew it all on crack cocaine is a rags to riches story? wow.

Explain how a first round pick in the NFL who blew it all by fighting dogs is different than a first round pick in MLB who blew it all by smoking crack.
Because Hamilton wasn't at the top of his game and the face of the league when he blew it all away. Rags to riches may not have been the best way to describe it. Baseball is different than football. You can easily come back and bat until your 40+ in baseball even if you took a five year vacation. You can't come back after not playing for a couple of years in football. Especially when you're a QB/RB that relies on his speed and agility. You lose that ability when you're about 30. Kind of like how baseball players lose their fielding ability early on in their careers. Unfortunately for Vick, we don't have designated hitter or a position comparable to first base where we can just throw him in once his wheels are bent.

hometeam
01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Vick will end up somewhere. Probabaly not as a starting QB but as a situational guy for wildcat, part time WR, etc~

slc chief
01-15-2009, 09:52 PM
i think someone posted this just to argue lol seriousley vick is done he is garbage as human and crap as a quarterback he was one of the biggest gimmicks ever

KristofLaw
01-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Interesting post and idea. As a Falcon I hated Vick and that was before he decided to fund inhumane ba$tard$. Still, the idea is interesting, comeback stories are an integral part of the American saga and he would most likely be bottom dollar. If it ever happens, imagine the talk among the crowd.

Canada
01-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I read on ESPN.com that the 49ers were going after him.

NFL Football Rumors - NFL Rumors - National Football League Rumor Central - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumors)

Bike
01-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Vick really aint too far from here. When he gets out of Leavenworth, he can thumb it to Arrowhead (if someone will pick him up) and look at the big smile on Piolis face as he says "You're trespassing - get out!"

OTR Chiefs fan
01-25-2009, 11:07 AM
i think someone posted this just to argue lol seriousley vick is done he is garbage as human and crap as a quarterback he was one of the biggest gimmicks ever

My thoughts exactly! No Vick! :11:

okikcfan
01-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't think Hunt would ever allow Vick here but word is he may not come back as a QB....

jmlamerson
01-25-2009, 04:58 PM
There's no way Pioli gets Vick. Only a franchise with nothing to lose in terms of reputation (Raiders, Bengals, uh Raiders) gets Vick.

Bike
01-25-2009, 05:06 PM
There's no way Pioli gets Vick. Only a franchise with nothing to lose in terms of reputation (Raiders, Bengals, uh Raiders) gets Vick.
and don't forget the Cowgirls!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Vick has no business being anywheres near a football field let alone from a 6 by 6 cell.

Bike
01-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Vick has no business being anywheres near a football field let alone from a 6 by 6 cell.
I think Vick should go to Cleveland - where he can set up his own 'Dawg Pound'...

tornadospotter
01-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I think Vick should go to Cleveland - where he can set up his own 'Dawg Pound'...
:funnypost: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
01-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I just recieved a phone call saying KC is about to F up. I was like what do you mean. he said he just heard on sirus that KC asked permission to speak to Vick.. IS THIS TRUE???? IT BETTER NOT BE.

Hayvern
01-26-2009, 12:20 AM
I just recieved a phone call saying KC is about to F up. I was like what do you mean. he said he just heard on sirus that KC asked permission to speak to Vick.. IS THIS TRUE???? IT BETTER NOT BE.

Gotta be an off-hand remark. This team really does not need that trash. Why would we go after 29 year old quarterback with his baggage. There has to be better choices out there if we really must go after a quarterback.

texaschief
01-26-2009, 01:40 AM

I doubt its true. I would guess the head coach would be in place before the franchise decided to jump off that bridge.

Pro_Angler
01-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Yea, my brother inlaw is a Banwaganer charger fan and I think he is trying to get me all flustered. he knows how much i HATE VICK.